Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,282 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador (2836 Views)

U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot / Obasanjo Begs God To Give Nigeria Something New Next Year / Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Tunjasko(m): 6:33am On Aug 19, 2014
The American Ambassador to Nigeria, James
Entwistle, on Monday said his country was not yet
in a position to make the Ebola Disease
experimental drug, Zmapp, available to Nigeria.
Mr. Entwistle said during a visit to the Nigerian
Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, that the drug
was not yet available in sufficient quantity to go
round all the countries requesting it.
The ambassador did not say when the drug would
be available for Africa’s most populous country.
He only advised the Nigerian health ministry to
focus on isolation, screening and prevention.
Mr. Entwistle commended the efforts of the Federal
Government in curbing the spread of the Ebola virus
in the country.
He said the aim of the visit was to discuss further
on the anti-Ebola cooperation between the U.S
government and the Nigerian government.
The ambassador also praised the work done at the
emergency operation centre and the isolation
centre, saying he understood that they
were working hard.
“You have all seen the headlines over the weekend,
this is an issue that we have to keep working hard
on, it may be with us for a while but there are some
encouraging signs.
“Your government is doing a good job on contact
tracing; I noticed when I flew back here on
Thursday night into the country, before I left the
plane I filed in the questionnaire.
“I was very impressed because I had to put in my
seat number which is a very good idea, so that if
you have to trace the guy who was seating next to
me you will know where I am.
“I have been very impressed by this thing so I
encourage the government of Nigeria to keep at it,
which I know they will,” he said.
Mr.Entwistle said the two countries had a broad
partnership to keep collaborating, cooperating and
working hard to make the world a better place.
He said he could not think of a more important
example of cooperation than the Ebola cooperation.
Speaking during the visit, the Minister of Health,
Onyebuchi Chukwu, said the Nigerian Government
was withholding its approval for the Anti-Ebola drug
Nano-Silver produced by a Nigerian because it did
not meet the requirements of the National Health
Research Ethics Code. He said that the Nano Silver
drug, which was made available to the
Emergency Operations Centre in Lagos on August
14, did not meet basic research requirements.
“The experimental drug, Nano Silver did not meet
the requirements of the National Health Research
Ethics Code.
“Accordingly, the approval was withheld by the
National Health Research Ethics Committee,” Mr.
Chukwu said.
He said the ambassador’s visit was an opportunity
to share ideas and information on Ebola virus.
“He is the spokesperson for the United States’
government here in Nigeria, and so he came to me
as the Chief Public Health Officer of the country to
exchange views with me,” Mr. Chukwu said.
The minister said Mr. Entwistle also visited to know
if there was any new development that recently
cropped up on the Ebola virus.
https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/166942-ebola-why-u-s-wont-give-nigeria-experimental-drug-zmapp-u-s-ambassador.html
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Descartes: 6:35am On Aug 19, 2014
To hell with their ZMAP sad angry
Their mission was dead on arrival cool
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by pauladonis(m): 6:41am On Aug 19, 2014
Zmaap or no zmaap, our ebola patients will all recover.

9 Likes

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Eldavido1: 6:44am On Aug 19, 2014
We dont need it!

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Segadem(m): 6:45am On Aug 19, 2014
There's more to it.
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 19, 2014
Tunjasko: The American Ambassador to Nigeria, James
Entwistle, on Monday said his country was not yet
in a position to make the Ebola Disease
experimental drug, Zmapp, available to Nigeria.
Mr. Entwistle said during a visit to the Nigerian
Minister of Health, Onyebuchi Chukwu, that the drug
was not yet available in sufficient quantity to go
round all the countries requesting it.
The ambassador did not say when the drug would
be available for Africa’s most populous country.
He only advised the Nigerian health ministry to
focus on isolation, screening and prevention.
Mr. Entwistle commended the efforts of the Federal
Government in curbing the spread of the Ebola virus
in the country.
He said the aim of the visit was to discuss further
on the anti-Ebola cooperation between the U.S
government and the Nigerian government.
The ambassador also praised the work done at the
emergency operation centre and the isolation
centre, saying he understood that they
were working hard.
“You have all seen the headlines over the weekend,
this is an issue that we have to keep working hard
on, it may be with us for a while but there are some
encouraging signs.
“Your government is doing a good job on contact
tracing; I noticed when I flew back here on
Thursday night into the country, before I left the
plane I filed in the questionnaire.
“I was very impressed because I had to put in my
seat number which is a very good idea, so that if
you have to trace the guy who was seating next to
me you will know where I am.
“I have been very impressed by this thing so I
encourage the government of Nigeria to keep at it,
which I know they will,” he said.
Mr.Entwistle said the two countries had a broad
partnership to keep collaborating, cooperating and
working hard to make the world a better place.
He said he could not think of a more important
example of cooperation than the Ebola cooperation.
Speaking during the visit, the Minister of Health,
Onyebuchi Chukwu, said the Nigerian Government
was withholding its approval for the Anti-Ebola drug
Nano-Silver produced by a Nigerian because it did
not meet the requirements of the National Health
Research Ethics Code. He said that the Nano Silver
drug, which was made available to the
Emergency Operations Centre in Lagos on August
14, did not meet basic research requirements.
“The experimental drug, Nano Silver did not meet
the requirements of the National Health Research
Ethics Code.
“Accordingly, the approval was withheld by the
National Health Research Ethics Committee,” Mr.
Chukwu said.
He said the ambassador’s visit was an opportunity
to share ideas and information on Ebola virus.
“He is the spokesperson for the United States’
government here in Nigeria, and so he came to me
as the Chief Public Health Officer of the country to
exchange views with me,” Mr. Chukwu said.
The minister said Mr. Entwistle also visited to know
if there was any new development that recently
cropped up on the Ebola virus.
https://m.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/166942-ebola-why-u-s-wont-give-nigeria-experimental-drug-zmapp-u-s-ambassador.html
K'oni daa fun e.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Daguccizgreat(m): 6:49am On Aug 19, 2014
Patrick sawyer was intentionally sent to Nigeria to spread Ebola so that Nigeria will bow to pressure and reverse their anti gay law in a bid to get the ebola drugs frm USA. To hell wit America and their zmap, after calling our nano silver pesticide they refuse to push down their zmapp to us. Nigeria will overcome ebola and move on well without the help of America.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Tunjasko(m): 6:49am On Aug 19, 2014
Oyinbo to se pencil lo se erazer.....dese America guyzz knw more abt d virus.....I believe dat dey purposely develop dizz virus just to milk us dry...dere are questions to be asked.....why are they rejecting every experimental drugs apart from ZMAPP....d ZMAPP z even in small quantity...dizz is tym for our medical researchers to develop smetin new dat can combat dizz deadly virus....God help us

2 Likes

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by TRADELYN: 6:52am On Aug 19, 2014
I no blame am/dem...

Well, good news are reported as more Ebola patients are being discharged.

^ UnitedWeStand grin ^

#Day 127...BringBackOurGirls!!!
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by eunisam: 6:57am On Aug 19, 2014
God is in Nigeria to cure ebola by himself. We can survive without America. America you are not our God. Our God is not asleep.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by hod898(m): 7:05am On Aug 19, 2014
So how did they know that it did not meet the Health Code? If I didn't remember any better, the Lagos state government rejected the drugs without prior testing. But all the same, Nigerians are one stubborn set of people who will withstand almost anything. If not for this nature, I wonder what would have been left of us--there were SARS, Bird flu, Swine flu, Polio, HIV and now Ebola(which we'll definitely contain). We are blessed.

6 Likes

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 19, 2014
Daguccizgreat: Patrick sawyer was intentionally sent to Nigeria to spread Ebola so that Nigeria will bow to pressure and reverse their anti gay law in a bid to get the ebola drugs frm USA. To hell wit America and their zmap, after calling our nano silver pesticide they refuse to push down their zmapp to us. Nigeria will overcome ebola and move on well without the help of America.
The Americans should keep their zmapp and their homo lifestyle. Nigeria has so far treated 5 patients successfully with only 4 remaining. We will definitely be fine.

To hell with the USA
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by sohl7(m): 7:28am On Aug 19, 2014
They only allowed us to manage the situation without their help which i think is good. We should start doing things on our own.

4 Likes

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by omenka(m): 7:30am On Aug 19, 2014
eunisam: God is in Nigeria to cure ebola by himself. We can survive without America. America you are not our God. Our God is not asleep.
You guys should stop all these God horsheshit!! Where has your "God" been when his are being slain daily on account of their religion??
Or is he blind to the cries of those innocent women and children

God cure ebola ni, devil aid boko haram ko.

Mscheeew.
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Nobody: 7:31am On Aug 19, 2014
Abeg, make dem hasten mass production. angry they owe us dat much since it was their citizen dat graced our land with d virus.
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by hushmail: 7:35am On Aug 19, 2014
CIA agent. He came know if all 9ja r infected already bt was sorely disappointed.

Our own made in 9ja cure z on d way IJN
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by size38: 7:37am On Aug 19, 2014
Countries are investing on education, health, infrastructure, human capital development etc. While in our own country Doctors/health workers, lecturers go on strike regularly because of Govt inability to serve the people. Govt in our country live and drown in corrupt enrichments. They steal up every Kobo meant for development. Anything we want, govt should invest so we can develop and begin to grow like other countries and not begging. No nation has developed by begging.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by eunisam: 7:41am On Aug 19, 2014
omenka: You guys should stop all these God horsheshit!! Where has your "God" been when his are being slain daily on account of their religion??

Mscheeew.
if the word GOD dey irritate u,e no concern me.if you like play God,e no concern me. If u like hate God,e no concern me.if u like quote and unquote me. E no concern me.wetin concern darkness and light? Abeg e no concern me jare.wetin concern me be say e no concern me.

3 Likes

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by michelz: 7:45am On Aug 19, 2014
This Man- Mr Entwistle, is a first class Amebo and spy. He probably heard a good number of Ebola patients were recovering,and he went there to snoop around,hoping to find out what they were treated with and then report to USA.

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by eunisam: 7:46am On Aug 19, 2014
size38: Countries are investing on education, health, infrastructure, human capital development etc. While in our own country Doctors/health workers, lecturers go on strike regularly because of Govt inability to serve the people. Govt in our country live and drown in corrupt enrichments. They steal up every Kobo meant for development. Anything we want, govt should invest so we can develop and begin to grow like other countries and not begging. No nation has developed by begging.
and u think Nigerian government are not investing in those sectors? Anyway,e no concern me.
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by mayorall(m): 7:50am On Aug 19, 2014
ok nah.

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by fr3do(m): 7:55am On Aug 19, 2014
The way we announce any little progress we make is unhealthy, and this to hell usa shit, I think we should relax and take a deep breath.
The forces acting behind this Ebola scene might be american or any other country, but when a witch torments you spiritually, you don't confront her physically but in the spirit by prayer.
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by kaeycea(m): 8:15am On Aug 19, 2014
Mr Entwistle keep this explanation to urself ... We are making progress to manage Ebola without ur ZMAPP...
Tell Obama we are nt going to reverse our anti-gay policy..
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by dammyjay93(m): 8:15am On Aug 19, 2014
Mumu man, because say we no gree die ontop say dem create virus com refuse us the antivirus, he come dey yarn rubbish. I'm sure if we hadn't been able to manage n control this virus so far, he wouldn't have even neared the shores of Nigeria, bomboclastic Mofo angry angry

LAST BULLET: Make d virus clear fast fast, I don miss dat iya kasim roasted bush meat grin grin
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by dammyjay93(m): 8:22am On Aug 19, 2014
michelz: This Man- Mr Entwistle, is a first class Amebo and spy. He probably heard a good number of Ebola patients were recovering,and he went there to snoop around,hoping to find out what they were treated with and then report to USA.
grin grin
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 19, 2014
omenka: You guys should stop all these God horsheshit!! Where has your "God" been when his are being slain daily on account of their religion??

Mscheeew.
lunatic fringe-Dean Ambrose.
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by themejiwalker(m): 8:54am On Aug 19, 2014
Shame on Obama. We are curing ebola already
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2014
rubbish
Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 19, 2014
fvck you Mr Ambassador

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by coldsummer: 9:26am On Aug 19, 2014
They can shove it up their arses!

1 Like

Re: Ebola: Why U.S. Won’t Give Nigeria Experimental Drug, Zmapp — U.S. Ambassador by omoayeni1(m): 9:31am On Aug 19, 2014
I beg can some one tell me wetin our goverment dey use dey cure dis virus,i don cufuse ooo,abi na that nano silver then they take style use.our people are recover from the virus with which drug i beg.?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bomb Blast In Kano (pictures) / My Visit To The Nigeria Rail Corporation In Ebute Meta / Jega Faults IGP, Says No Law Bars Waiting After Voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.