Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

13 Amazing Facts About Your Brain - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 13 Amazing Facts About Your Brain (719 Views)

Some Amazing Facts You Might Not Know!! / 10 Amazing Facts About The Female Body You (probably) Wont Believe / 20 Amazing Facts About The Month Of September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Amazing Facts About Your Brain by maclatunji: 1:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
13 Ultimate Facts About Your Brain

Did you know that your brain needs to make an effort when you laugh at a joke and 12 percent of our dreams are in black and white?

Let’s have a look at some amazing facts about the human brain:

1. It’s not true that we only use 10% of their brains. Each part of the brain has a purpose.

2. Have a headache? It’s not your brain that hurts. There aren’t any pain receptors in your brain.

3. Your brain is the organ with the most amount of fat in your body – about 60 percent.

4. Wonder why you don’t act out your dreams? Your brain creates a hormone to stop you from doing this.

5. Most people have 4-7 dreams each night, 50% is forgotten five minutes after you wake up.

6. You are not dreaming if you snore.

7. They call it beauty sleep for a reason. This is when your brain files away all your memories during the day.

8. You can’t tickle yourself and laugh because your brain knows it’s your own touch – as opposed to someone else tickling you.

9. It takes some effort to laugh at a joke – five different areas in your brain are involved.

10. The brain is not the only place with brain cells, your heart and gut also have neurons – the phrase “Gut Feeling” .

11. Your brain makes up to 23 watts of power when you’re awake – enough for light bulb.

12. You have around 70,000 thoughts per day.

13. The slowest speed information passes around your brain is approximately 260 mph – that’s a the speed of the world’s superfast cars.

Source: http://www.psychtronics.com/2013/12/13-amazing-facts-about-your-brain.html
Re: 13 Amazing Facts About Your Brain by Ramon92: 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
maclatunji: 13 Ultimate Facts About Your Brain

1. It’s not true that we only use 10% of their brains. Each part of the brain has a purpose.
Ok. So Albert Einstein that claimed to use 10% of his brain is trying to say we are all dumbbasses?? Fucck that man!!

3. Your brain is the organ with the most amount of fat in your body – about 60 percent.
dunno why some people are then afraid of 'getting fat'..

4. Wonder why you don’t act out your dreams? Your brain creates a hormone to stop you from doing this.
why naw?? Some people's sleep would have been fun to watch cheesy

5. Most people have 4-7 dreams each night, 50% is forgotten five minutes after you wake up.
most probably due to spiritual attack..

6. You are not dreaming if you snore.
raise your hands if snore. Anyone??

7. They call it beauty sleep for a reason. This is when your brain files away all your memories during the day.

8. You can’t tickle yourself and laugh because your brain knows it’s your own touch – as opposed to someone else tickling you.
the brain ain't foolish afterall, people just choose to - deliberately cool

9. It takes some effort to laugh at a joke – five different areas in your brain are involved.
No be small thing oo..

11. Your brain makes up to 23 watts of power when you’re awake – enough for light bulb.
pictures or... Na lie

12. You have around 70,000 thoughts per day.

Like me, most of them useless.. cry

13. The slowest speed information passes around your brain is approximately 260 mph – that’s a the speed of the world’s superfast cars.
is that suppose to make retaards feel good?? I hope it does.. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 13 Amazing Facts About Your Brain by sholay2011(m): 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2014
So much that the brain is doing...wow!

I pray more people make use of it..
Re: 13 Amazing Facts About Your Brain by AbuMikey(m): 5:59pm On Aug 19, 2014
Interesting.....
Re: 13 Amazing Facts About Your Brain by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
Owk...
Re: 13 Amazing Facts About Your Brain by phayvoursky(m): 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ramon92: Ok. So Albert Einstein that claimed to use 10% of his brain is trying to say we are all dumbbasses?? Fucck that man!!

dunno why some people are then afraid of 'getting fat'..

why naw?? Some people's sleep would have been fun to watch cheesy

most probably due to spiritual attack..

raise your hands if snore. Anyone??

the brain ain't foolish afterall, people just choose to - deliberately cool

No be small thing oo..

pictures or... Na lie

Like me, most of them useless.. cry

is that suppose to make retaards feel good?? I hope it does.. cheesy
N you spent 25 minutes of your time quoting this thread; n after 7 hours you just have 1 like.

Guess your brain dint tell you this was coming.
Re: 13 Amazing Facts About Your Brain by Nobody: 11:44pm On Aug 19, 2014
Lol, I tried tickling myself and I couldn't laugh.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Tuface Idibia Loses Dad To Cancer / Linda Ikeji Responds To Threat Of Linda Ikeji Blog Shut Down / Types Of People You Meet In The Banking Hall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.