Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Who Will Save Nigerians? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Will Save Nigerians? (443 Views)

Now That APC Have Saved Nigerians From PDP, Who Will Save Nigerians From APC? / Efcc Can Still Save Nigerians’ Job / Pope Asks God To Save Nigerians From Suffering And Smiling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Save Nigerians? by argon500: 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2014
If Mallam Nuhu Ribadu can dump the APC (which he was the Presidential Candidate of in the 2011 elections) for the PDP (because he was promised a gubernatorial ticket), then anything can happen in Nigerian politics.
If after cursing themselves several times on media, Engr. Segun Oni and Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola (both former governors in the PDP) can port to the APC all in the name of being “progressive,” is there anything new again in Nigerian politics?
If asked why Ribadu and others dumped the APC for the PDP, I'm sure they would respond, “For the best interests of our people.”
Is it the interests of the people, or for their own selfish and egocentric personal interests?
Could Ribadu still maintain the status quo of the adulation and self-acclaimed “progressiveness” as the general custom of his just-dumped party?
What is the assurance that Uncle Ribadu will be given the gubernatorial ticket under his just-embraced political party? What moral justification could Ribadu say was behind his defection? Was the APC banned from contesting same position, or the platform he contested for the post of president is now not good enough to vie for gubernatorial post? Why did he wait this long to tell us that his vision for Nigeria has been surpassed by Uncle Jonathan?
“Stomach politics dey call it”
Nigerian politicians have been deceiving the masses with their tricks of only changing the bottles while the gins inside are always the same. They only change political parties, but their sycophant and wicked intents remain unchanged.
Name one APC leader who is so passionate about Nigeria’s development that is not self-centered, fights for the masses and hasn't looted our treasury while in the PDP.
The PDP also can never be an option because of their infidelity, embezzlement, corruption, aiding & abeting crimes, giving amnesty to criminals, celebrating & exonerating ex-convicts.
Either the APC or the PDP, none is a saint. None is committed to the transformation of Nigeria. None is passionate about the well-being of Nigerians. None can sacrifice towards change at the expense of her interest.
The 'masses' are not helping. They trade their dividends of democracy with stipends during election. They were easily cajoled with elephant agendas during manifestos. They prefer voting in exchange for food .
Until we reject being addressed as the 'masses' but 'Fellow Nigerians', until we reject their money & other means of inducement during elections, until we all rise to fight these task-masters, until we occupy the judiciary & legislative arms to start following the rules of law, until we start respecting our Constitution – not Until all abnormalities are corrected, I fear for what the future generation will meet on ground.
I seriously hope things will change. I anxiously expect Nigeria to become like others civilized countries where the rule of law is respected.
Who will save Nigerians? Who will rescue Nigerians from the day-to-day tribulations of many epidemics? Who will rescue us from unemployment, poor healthcare, corruption, insurgency and other social vices?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/naijcom/posts/758535024243397
Re: Who Will Save Nigerians? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Buhari will

1 Like

Re: Who Will Save Nigerians? by eunisam: 3:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
GEJ 2015-2019 will safely save Nigeria by God's grace.
Re: Who Will Save Nigerians? by sidosky(m): 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2014
GenBuhari: Buhari will
STORY
Re: Who Will Save Nigerians? by chibanj(m): 4:46pm On Aug 19, 2014
I can and will.
Re: Who Will Save Nigerians? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2014
General Muhammadu Buhari has remained consistent and unyielding to overtures to be like several other Former Heads of State and Generals who have made PDP their abode out of patent fear of being probed and scrutinized by someone like him

I doff my hat for a man of such uncommon conviction.....just like the 3 Hebrew children in the Bible,Buhari have refused to soil his spotless garment of righteousness by partaking in the balkanizing of the National cake by the PDP

@OP your concerns are genuine,Nigerians should ponder on the mannerism of our latter day politicians,very corruptible and unsteady......they will abuse the Government today and by evening they will be seen kowtowing at the foot of the person they just dissed

Shameless set of Homosapiens

(1) (Reply)

Why Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola Win Omisore / Breaking News On Npl(nigerian Politics League) / Why Didnt Our Negotiator Expose Modu Sheriff When He Was Still An APC Cheiftain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.