Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? (9537 Views)

CNN Claims Nairobi Is In Nigeria ( Pics) / Ini Edo Produces Her 1st Film / Ini Edo the Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by kellorah: 9:24pm On Jul 24, 2006
undecided
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Orikinla(m): 9:37pm On Jul 24, 2006
Ini Edo was on CNN!
That highlight on Nollywood on CNN has done more for us than the advert where President Obasanjo was looking like a duck out of water and that advert I heard cost over N100 million.

There are many celebrated actresses in Nollywood and Ini Edo was the only one CNN highlighted in that report on the emergence of Nollywood. It means a lot to her and I thank God for her.

The difference was clear.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by eveseh(f): 12:23am On Jul 25, 2006
i didnt cry cry
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Busta(f): 1:33am On Jul 25, 2006
Naijas oh, una no go kill me.

CNN was having a kinda documentary on Nollywood and not like she was on CNN's Larry King Live doing a personal interview. Y'all need to know ur s**t well b4 u come post it here!

Capish?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by ontheair: 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2006
Really it's good for Ini Edo to be on CNN and agree with the guyz that think it's might just be a stepping stone for the propagation of NOLLYWOOD but then watch that doc and read in between the line,
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by kellorah: 2:04pm On Jul 25, 2006
good for her
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by spikedcylinder: 2:33pm On Jul 25, 2006
Orikinla:

Making A Difference

A small boy was running
up and down the beach,
feverishly hurling
starfish back into the
water before they died.
An old man approached
him, "Do you honestly
think your work will
make a difference?"
he asked him skeptically.
The boy looked at him
with sparkling eyes,
held up a starfish and
said, "It makes a
difference to this
one!" and threw the
starfish back into the sea.

Oooook?and?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by soulpatrol(f): 3:06pm On Jul 25, 2006
hmm, how many nigerians have been on CNN at all? not that many. the fact that Ini Edo was on it, dont you all think its a positive sign that at least Nigeria is being recognized for something? most of you dont seem too excited about it for some reason. i think people, especially americans that didnt know about nollywood, now do, or at least will take notice. give the girl some credit people. even the bigger nollywood stars havent reached that level. shes representing us on an international level. how is that bad y'all? im happy she was on. go girl! cool
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by ayoeze11(m): 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2006
soulpatrol:

hmm, how many nigerians have been on CNN at all? not that many. the fact that Ini Edo was on it, don't you all think its a positive sign that at least Nigeria is being recognized for something? most of you don't seem too excited about it for some reason. i think people, especially americans that didnt know about nollywood, now do, or at least will take notice. give the girl some credit people. even the bigger nollywood stars havent reached that level. shes representing us on an international level. how is that bad y'all? im happy she was on. go girl! cool
Do you knoe there is even a Nigeria presenter in CNN, Femi Oke, so while should we get excited for a mere documentry, girl grow up, Nigeria is growing. Do you mean if David Bekham is on CNN Britons would get excited no
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Badman888(m): 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2006
Femi Oke dosent know anything about Nigeria, its her grand parents that were the ones based here after that they all lost and forgotten, David Beckham is a known figure no big deal. This is Nollywoods first to be presented on CNN so its something to be happy about.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by soulpatrol(f): 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2006
thanks o, badmann, why cant nigerians just appreciate their peoples efforts for once? we are always dissing our people
when they try to represent us abroad. see how people were dissing tuface for what he was wearing when he appeared on the red carpet at the BET awards? its not enough that he was even there? tell me how many naijas have stepped on that carpet? haba. we should really give our people more credit. we've come a long way now.
@ ayoeze let us know when you appear on tv
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by under18(f): 3:52pm On Jul 25, 2006
Jeff Koinange is a kenyan and he is not
interested in our moves thats why he was hard on INI.
All he talk about is Kenya,kenya just like Gaitano with Uganda.
I wonder how they get there!
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Badman888(m): 3:53pm On Jul 25, 2006
Alot of Kenyans watch Nigerians movies they dont even diss it as much as we do, Jeff was just trying to be fair
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by ayoeze11(m): 4:30pm On Jul 25, 2006
Badman888:

Femi Oke dosent know anything about Nigeria, its her grand parents that were the ones based here after that they all lost and forgotten, David Beckham is a known figure no big deal. This is Nollywoods first to be presented on CNN so its something to be happy about.
Badman, Nigeria movies are already in US market, what am trying to point out is that this not so specail we should not blowing it out to the world, Nigeria is big lets feel big, think big, kuo
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Badman888(m): 4:39pm On Jul 25, 2006
yea i understand what u mean sha, but its not something many of us have seen, just like 2face song used in Phat girls just things we should be happy about not that we should kill ourselves with joy just be happy at least we are getting bigger
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by neelsel(f): 6:53pm On Jul 25, 2006
under18:

Jeff Koinange is a kenyan and he is not
interested in our moves thats why he was hard on INI.
All he talk about is Kenya,kenya just like Gaitano with Uganda.
I wonder how they get there!

To each its own. Of course Jeff is jealous and jealousy is a curse. His minor bashing of Nollywood cannot stop the industry from progressing.
To all Najas, congrats, and continue doing your thing.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Orikinla(m): 7:03pm On Jul 25, 2006
The focus was on Nollywood. But Ini Edo was the Nollywood star they interviewed and made her the lead of the report.

It is like having her on the cover of Time or Newsweek on a cover story on Nollywood.

Does any ignorant person need some brushstrokes on reporting? grin
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by neelsel(f): 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2006
Like using Jlo to sell Lexus
Usher to sell Coors
Shaq to sell Proline hair products for men
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by soulpatrol(f): 7:29pm On Jul 25, 2006
ouch! grin
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Orikinla(m): 7:52pm On Jul 25, 2006
Neelsel,
Thanks.

Some people don't get the gist and just want to comment.

Now you know why Nigeria is so blessed with awesome resources and yet she is among the poorest countries in the world.

Why? Because of the intellectual morons all over the place.

I see morons everywhere
But they don't even know they are morons.
They choose to only see what they want to see.

It takes more than posting lazy comments on the discussion boards of free public forums to make a difference in your community.

Anyone who thinks appearing on CNN is no big deal, should show up on CNN tomorrow. grin

Most of the people who sneer and jeer at the progress and success of others are disgruntled fringe elements.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Oracle(m): 7:59pm On Jul 25, 2006
itz great for her to have been there
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by neelsel(f): 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2006
Orikinla:

Neelsel,
Thanks.

Some people don't get the gist and just want to comment.

Now you know why Nigeria is so blessed with awesome resources and yet she is among the poorest countries in the world.

Why? Because of the intellectual morons all over the place.

I see morons everywhere
But they don't even know they are morons.
They choose to only see what they want to see.

It takes more than posting lazy comments on the discussion boards of free public forums to make a difference in your community.

Anyone who thinks appearing on CNN is no big deal, should show up on CNN tomorrow. grin

Most of the people who sneer and jeer at the progress and success of others are disgruntled fringe elements.

I have been trying for years to get my people to think "outside the box".
Most people believe that posting tons of comments that have no merit, speaks no volume somehow adds creditability.
But as we say in the islands "empty barrels make the most noise"
I guess given some time people would look back and be grateful for the little interview that Ini gave on CNN.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by shawna(f): 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2006
i didnt see her does anyone know when it might air again?
nigerians are doing big things now am so proud cool i get so excited anytime i hear something about nigeria in the news grin
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by etete(m): 11:03am On Jul 26, 2006
omo cnn just generally yabbed naija, they actually went on location, and exposed our pooor directing to d whole world,
as for ini edo, d girl resemble houue girl .
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Orikinla(m): 1:55pm On Jul 26, 2006
Kai etete.

God dey.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by soulpatrol(f): 2:04pm On Jul 26, 2006
poor directing or not na them sabi. does everybody have to measure up to the american standard? haba. who said they are perfect themselves. fact is we're number 3 and theyre just jealous. even the other so-called developed countries cant boast of making popular movies like us. foreigners love our movies and thats what matters. is it because we are not blowing up cars and having indescriminate sex in our movies like them? its just beef. america likes to show everyone else in a poor light. they are not all that either. sheesh!  angry
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2006
arrgg. my princess on CNN, i am rich, yippee,

I luff the girl very much, my babe must not hear this,

that babe is a tight muphu$#% (shut your mouth)
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by ThisDumebi: 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2006
This is a land where we make the most of nothing.
I can't put my finger on what the fuss is all about.
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Amobi1(m): 5:41pm On Jul 29, 2006
How can we watch it?
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by whatsdkoko: 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2006
[color=#006600][/color][b][/b][i][/i] Kudos to Ini Edo , at least she is trying more than that old woman , make i no shout her na but for all those who get brain her name with G and her last name start with N, KUDOS TO INI EDO grin
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by janetgurl: 9:24am On Aug 03, 2006
cool,i like her
Re: How Many Of You Saw Ini Edo On The Cnn? by Orikinla(m): 9:36am On Aug 03, 2006
She is sexier than Genevieve Nnaji. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Watch Nigerian Tv Online? / New Comedy Series By 3 Nairalanders / All About Mnet Tinsel:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.