Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch (1119 Views)

Simple Looking But Difficult Pattern, Only Geniuses Can Get This / Most Preferred Courses In Nigerian Universities / Wat Was Unilag Putme Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by KillerBeauty(f): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
When I was in the university my preferred reading location was the library. I find it rather difficult to concentrate when reading,in a place where everybody else is talking, eating or pacing all over, so the library offered me a cool, calm and organised place to study and focus. The library also had a lot of rules, phones where not allowed. To me that mearnt less distraction, more concentration.

My reading pattern comprised of mornings and evenings. When I have no morning class I go to the library also, when I have no evening class I read at the library. Throughout my stay in school I never read all night long because I cherished my sleep so much. So I made sure I make judicious use of my day time.

Over to you nairalanders
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Tolexander: 8:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
Mine is in my room.
Below is my picture reading:

1 Like

Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by curiouses: 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2014
Tolexander: Mine is in my room.
Below is my picture reading:

grin

I do night reading and my preferred place was class area. Library is too cool for me, I only go the library to fish. grin and sleep.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Tolexander: 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
curiouses:

grin

I do night reading and my preferred place was class area. Library is too cool for me, I only go the library to fish. grin and sleep.
you self dey do that parol? gringrin
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by curiouses: 9:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Tolexander: you self dey do that parol? gringrin
grin grin Na the new fish I de parole, dem de always craze about library. I no get liver to parole the stalites, dem too de waste time.
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Caseless: 9:43pm On Aug 19, 2014
I read in my room. I can tell u we have d largest library in d west africa, but i've not gone there to read more than 3 times in entire days in d school.
NB: no matter the noise, sound or whatever the situation might be, i can stil read, understand and even cram. I can read anywhere i find myself, but i prefer my room.
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Tolexander: 9:47pm On Aug 19, 2014
caseless: I read in my room. I can tell u we have d largest library in d west africa, but i've not gone there to read more than 3 times in entire days in d school.
NB: no matter the noise, sound or whatever the situation might be, i can stil read, understand and even cram. I can read anywhere i find myself, but i prefer my room.
what school is that?
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Caseless: 9:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
Tolexander: what school is that?
a.b.u zaria.
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Tolexander: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
curiouses:
grin grin Na the new fish I de parole, dem de always craze about library. I no get liver to parole the stalites, dem too de waste time.
hun!
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Haywhymido(m): 10:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
Library? Dat turn to sleeping arena 4 me during my 200lvl days. I prefer to read in my room.
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by kinxlink(m): 9:59am On Aug 20, 2014
Any where.
Any time.
Any place.
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by QSheba: 10:36am On Aug 20, 2014
i prefer reading on my bed in my room.
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Tolexander: 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
QSheba: i perfer reading on my bed in my room.
alone?

1 Like

Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by QSheba: 12:44pm On Aug 20, 2014
Tolexander: alone?
yes alone
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Tolexander: 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
QSheba: yes alone
i will join you one of these days! grin
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by QSheba: 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
Tolexander: i will join you one of these days! grin
sure cheesy hope you are not the noisy type tho
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by dridowu: 1:04pm On Aug 20, 2014
For serious reading, i use other halls of residence reading room especially where i have less friends especially Mellanby and Bello Hall.
But for casual reading where i can chitchat/look around/parole then KDL does.
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Tolexander: 1:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
QSheba: sure cheesy hope you are not the noisy type tho
noisy?
Not at all!
I only talk when forced to. cheesy
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by QSheba: 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2014
Tolexander: noisy?
Not at all!
I only talk when forced to. cheesy
lol thats better
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Tolexander: 1:22pm On Aug 20, 2014
QSheba: lol thats better
cool
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Abdulsalam20(m): 10:17am On Aug 24, 2014
curiouses:
D STALITE GOT COOL WEN THEY GOT TO 300 LEVEL OR A YR TO THEIR GRADUATION THEY WILL NEVER WANT TOGO EMPTY HANDED
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Nobody: 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2014
I hit the library before and after lectures - only parting with it after the jingling of the library closing-bell.

Later in the day, by six in the evening, I'd head for one of the lectures hall with a school bag of few notes strapped to my back. This part of my personal study time is usually a fun spree, "a night of a thousand laugh" to put it more felicitiously. You see a supposed studious law student with a stack of law textbooks piled up from the crook of his arm to the ceiling of the hall; smiling like a newly wedded bride and walking elegantly into the hall as if to say "i go read die today!". But no sooner had he settled down and set his eyes to paper than he started snoring like a pregnant toad in a night grass. On one occassion, a law student fell off from his chair while napping away; with his book serving as a pillow. Everybody chortled hard. Only for him to get up and apologised loudly "sorry!". I almost died of hilarity. "Sorry for wetin? That you fell off while sleeping or that you were snoring like a pig disturbing us?" - a rather boisterous laisse asked jokingly. The crowd of students had laughed even harder. And when we left the hall in droves, you see this same student who had just slept away his time in the hall walking shoulder high to his hostel as if he had only finished reading the entire dictionary within a quarter of an hour. Perhaps, he came a fishing but could not summon courage enough to approach one... Hehehe.

Finally, i usually burn the midnight oil in the dead of night in my hostel, after hitting the sheet for five hours or less. This i do on my blue plastic table and chair. Thanks, in the main, to the habit i cultivated as young lad in my secondary school days. I don't pull all-nighter (in our student parlance - "awoko" ) I do not take a fancy to it. In my opinion, it is an execrable way of reading.

In addition, Saturdays, are for me, days of lattitude to glean through novels and plays, drama if you like. No academic or law books. No encounter of any legal latin maxims in Legal method or any of those GST texts. I carry this ritual regiously in my hostel as would a bigoted christian doing his/her morning devotion at home. i'm still in school (100L) and still using same locations for reading.

my pattern of reading? A post for another day.

1 Like

Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by hardbody: 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
Throughout my stay in the university, i went to the library only twice, the first day i went there and realized that babes come to patrol and show themselves and the day i went for clearance upon graduation. I hardly read and when i did, it was in my room with all my roomates sitting in and gisting, some guys be banging babes in their curtained corners, and all said and done, i came out with the result i so much needed but did not bargain for.

To God be the Glory
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Ariyke: 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Lecture hall after classes
Library once in a while because that's library is like sleeping pill I will sleep if its only for 5min
Library in my sch is some people's napping room they come, sleep receive calls and sleep back
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by KillerBeauty(f): 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ariyke: Lecture hall after classes
Library once in a while because that's library is like sleeping pill I will sleep if its only for 5min
Library in my sch is some people's napping room they come, sleep receive calls and sleep back

In my school, phones where prohibited in the library. So all you can do is sleep, wake up then pack your books and leave. For me I don't sleep in the library the least I can do is rest my head
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Ariyke: 7:37am On Aug 28, 2014
KillerBeauty:

In my school, phones where prohibited in the library. So all you can do is sleep, wake up then pack your books and leave. For me I don't sleep in the library the least I can do is rest my head
people tends to disobey law u knw, the library is some people's sleeping ground
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by leonard509(m): 7:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
In my dad's shop, my master's shop, my friend's shop, and my room .

Reading pattern;I write down what I read, more like copying notes but I'll write down what i've understood .

Somehow hate libraries ,cos I sometime fall asleep when reading in a library ,and I hate it with passion. .
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Grandest(m): 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2014
Epaul: I hit the library before and after lectures - only parting with it after the jingling of the library closing-bell.

Later in the day, by six in the evening, I'd head for one of the lectures hall with a school bag of few notes strapped to my back. This part of my personal study time is usually a fun spree, "a night of a thousand laugh" to put it more felicitiously. You see a supposed studious law student with a stack of law textbooks piled up from the crook of his arm to the ceiling of the hall; smiling like a newly wedded bride and walking elegantly into the hall as if to say "i go read die today!". But no sooner had he settled down and set his eyes to paper than he started snoring like a pregnant toad in a night grass. On one occassion, a law student fell off from his chair while napping away; with his book serving as a pillow. Everybody chortled hard. Only for him to get up and apologised loudly "sorry!". I almost died of hilarity. "Sorry for wetin? That you fell off while sleeping or that you were snoring like a pig disturbing us?" - a rather boisterous laisse asked jokingly. The crowd of students had laughed even harder. And when we left the hall in droves, you see this same student who had just slept away his time in the hall walking shoulder high to his hostel as if he had only finished reading the entire dictionary within a quarter of an hour. Perhaps, he came a fishing but could not summon courage enough to approach one... Hehehe.

Finally, i usually burn the midnight oil in the dead of night in my hostel, after hitting the sheet for five hours or less. This i do on my blue plastic table and chair. Thanks, in the main, to the habit i cultivated as young lad in my secondary school days. I don't pull all-nighter (in our student parlance - "awoko" ) I do not take a fancy to it. In my opinion, it is an execrable way of reading.

In addition, Saturdays, are for me, days of lattitude to glean through novels and plays, drama if you like. No academic or law books. No encounter of any legal latin maxims in Legal method or any of those GST texts. I carry this ritual regiously in my hostel as would a bigoted christian doing his/her morning devotion at home. i'm still in school (100L) and still using same locations for reading.

my pattern of reading? A post for another day.
Just a simple question! Where is your preferred reading location? Goodness me! You're almost writing an essay.
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by TWEETFELLA: 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
QSheba: i prefer reading on my bed in my room.
I wanna kiss those legs. Then go way up...
Re: Where Was Ur Preferred Reading Location N Wat Was Ur Reading Pattern Like In Sch by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
I prefer room reading

(1) (Reply)

Which One Would You Choose For A Young Brother? / Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, MAPOLY Www.mapoly.edu.ng Releases Second List / Fed College Of Vet. And Science Admission List 2014/2015 Released

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.