Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,561 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) (32644 Views)

President Jonathan Receives Peace-loving Global Citizen Award (photos) / Buhari Welcomes President Of Chad, Idris Deby At The Defence House Abuja. Pix / Parents At GSS Abuja School Gate To Pick Kids After Bomb Scare (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 20, 2014
Tashaa: dont b offended.. im sorry
...ok,no problem.hw are you?
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Aidy97(f): 11:17am On Aug 20, 2014
Tolexander: Celebration of mediocrity!
Mr 'genius',what r u celebrating?
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by gudnex22(m): 11:20am On Aug 20, 2014
Yungwizzzy: Is this an achievement??

tissue paper??

while Chinese kids making tecno android phones!!

what has Nigerian adult like you make?
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Tolexander: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2014
Aidy97:
Mr 'genius',what r u celebrating?
your stupidity!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 20, 2014
All of you who are talking BS, i bliv ur al sec schl graduate. WTF did you produce throughout ur secondary education? The only thng you produced is crafty insults on NL. Thats why we are still where we are till tomorrow.
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by nora544: 11:28am On Aug 20, 2014
I just remember that some years ago a school start to show that from newspaper they could make new paper and now we have this recycled papers in my country but not only in my country in many countries in Europa.

What I see, when i see some photos from nigeria and I see the wast and that means money.

We here in Europa have waste management where we make from old glas new and from plastic new plastic but nigeria is so rich they you don't need this and this could make jobs!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by wirinet(m): 11:59am On Aug 20, 2014
This is mediocrity of the highest order. A whole president celebrating the making of tissue paper? or is there something they are not telling us? Maybe the tissue is self cleaning and so reusable.

To make ordinary Tissue paper is no rocket science and requires little effort. All you need is enough capital to buy made in china equipments and use imported paper pulp or waste paper that can be turned to pulp as raw materials. Don't forget, they would need a diesel generator to drive all the machines.

So what is so special about making tissue paper.

This only shows that the students are from wealthy parents who can throw away a few millions for the pet project of their children.
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by homesteady(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
Tolexander: you've gat to reason beyond what you read!

If at this stage, what our secondary school pupils are celebrating as an excellence is the manufacturing of a tissue paper on a micro, small and medium scales, then something is wrong with our developement.

If our secondary school pupils are still producing paper after the 8th annual convention, then what will the primary pupils and those that didn't have the opportunity to attend any level of education be producing?
it seems you don't even understand the concept of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)!
it you read my post well, you'll see where I said even polish and soap is accepted in this category, so far it is used for business!
For secondary students to be involved in SME's is even an added bonus to them! While Jobless university graduates are staying at home doing nothing, this children can be making tissue paper and making money with it!
BTW haven't you even seen graduates making bags, soaps and co? this is Micro, Small, and Medium
Enterprises (MSMEs)

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by homesteady(m): 12:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
wirinet: This is mediocrity of the highest order. A whole president celebrating the making of tissue paper? or is there something they are not telling us? Maybe the tissue is self cleaning and so reusable.
To make ordinary Tissue paper is no rocket science and requires little effort. All you need is enough capital to buy made in china equipments and use imported paper pulp or waste paper that can be turned to pulp as raw materials. Don't forget, they would need a diesel generator to drive all the machines.
This only shows that the students are from wealthy parents who can throw away a few millions for the pet project of their children.

do you know what is SME?
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by homesteady(m): 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
please to all dullards here, this is not a science fair, it is a SME fair!
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by nora544: 12:17pm On Aug 20, 2014
homesteady:
it seems you don't even understand the concept of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)!
it you read my post well, you'll see where I said even polish and soap is accepted in this category, so far it is used for business!
For secondary students to be involved in SME's is even an added bonus to them! While Jobless university graduates are staying at home doing nothing, this children can be making tissue paper and making money with it!
BTW haven't you even seen graduates making bags, soaps and co? this is Micro, Small, and Medium
Enterprises (MSMEs)

this is what we show the woman in Kenya where we build our school, that with little they can make money. We show them how they can make bags from fabrics, how they can make cover for phones........

Do you know about the projekt garden in a sack!

That is what nigeria needs that the goverment show to the people what they can do when they have no job because not all is about traiding!
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by wirinet(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
homesteady:
Enterprises (MSMEs)

What are you talking about? If you are ignorant of the way business operates in Nigeria, you should shut up. Do you have an idea of what it takes to operate any business in Nigeria? For ordinary pure water production with very basic equipments, you would require a couple of millions in naira, not to talk about a tissue paper manufacturing business. For equipments alone you would require millions, and we are not talking about land and furniture yet, we are not talking of a diesel generator yet and we have not even mention the cost of marketing and distribution.

Children should be learning the basics of science and how things work and preparing for their exams, they should not be concerned about micro, small or medium scale business. Anything else is child exploitation. The parents might as well buy a coal pot as ask the students to roast corn by the roadside in the name of micro business.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by wirinet(m): 12:21pm On Aug 20, 2014
homesteady:

do you know what is SME?

i thought i knew, but i may be wrong. So please help educate me.
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by wirinet(m): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2014
nora544:

this is what we show the people in Kenya where we build our school, that with little they can make money. We show them how they can make bags from fabrics, how they can make cover for phones........

Do you know about the projekt garden in a sack!

That is what nigeria needs that the goverment show to the people what they can do when they have no job because not all is about traiding!

i have always been against sending children to make money, that should be job of parents and guardians. Children should be children. They should be learning, playing and socializing. They have lots of time to make money when they become adults, especially if they had been adequately trained.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by jdilight(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2014

tissue paper??

Name your contributions outside Nairaland.
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by ba7man(m): 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2014
I would have celebrated this in 1942.............but this is year 2014 dammit!!!

The World's gonna end soon and we're celebrating tissue paper??

I guess its symbolic in order to wipe the sh*t from a lot of Nigerian brains.
And no one should ask me what I was creating in my Junior secondary classes cuz I was winning Goethe institute Art prizes in pry 5 and represnting my school in art competitions, bringing back prizes.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by nora544: 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2014
wirinet:

i have always been against sending children to make money, that should be job of parents and guardians. Children should be children. They should be learning, playing and socializing. They have lots of time to make money when they become adults, especially if they had been adequately trained.

Sorry you perhaps I write it like Imean it.

We show the woman, who have no job how they can make money.
We never make this with children. It is for the parents this program, also the program about the garden in a sack not for Kids.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by nora544: 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2014
wirinet: This is mediocrity of the highest order. A whole president celebrating the making of tissue paper? or is there something they are not telling us? Maybe the tissue is self cleaning and so reusable.

sorry what you write is not tru you need not very much.

That shows why nigeria can not get developed.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by jude33084(m): 12:38pm On Aug 20, 2014
Naija youths celebrating the making of shiit paper cheesy sad angry
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Desdola(m): 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2014
Those kids were wonderful. There presentation was good and captivating.
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by homesteady(m): 12:41pm On Aug 20, 2014
wirinet:

What are you talking about? If you are ignorant of the way business operates in Nigeria, you should shut up. Do you have an idea of what it takes to operate any business in Nigeria? For ordinary pure water production with very basic equipments, you would require a couple of millions in naira, not to talk about a tissue paper manufacturing business. For equipments alone you would require millions, and we are not talking about land and furniture yet, we are not talking of a diesel generator yet and we have not even mention the cost of marketing and distribution.
you are obviously the ignorant one here who doesn't know what SME is! SME just require small capital!
and pure water plant is not a small enterprise! I hope you know even selling home made liquid soap is an SME? Making bags is an SME! SME are businesses that are not 'rocket science'!
wirinet: Children should be learning the basics of science and how things work and preparing for their exams, they should not be concerned about micro, small or medium scale business. Anything else is child exploitation. The parents might as well buy a coal pot as ask the students to roast corn by the roadside in the name of micro business.
So learning extra skill that might help you on the long run is exploitation?
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Desdola(m): 12:45pm On Aug 20, 2014
Tidyman: Celebration of a failed state, imagine tissue.
Which have you done. Those were junior sec school students. Some are talking about phones, but remember Nigeria is not technologically advanced as China n others

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Lispgreen: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
Slowly buh surely we r making progress!
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by ba7man(m): 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
Desdola: Which have you done. Those were junior sec school students. Some are talking about phones, but remember Nigeria is not technologically advanced as China n others
So should we play catch-up with those advanced nations or celebrate in our mediocrity??

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Tolexander: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2014
homesteady:
Enterprises (MSMEs)
there are things you don't really understand!
what is the major difference between small and medium scale and large scale enterprises?
Capital!

There are very more mental things that can be expected from secondary school pupils like motor rotor, mouse et al. Even android, so far it is produced on a small scale.
Producing ball pens is even more mental than tissue. Of course these pupils have passed through some kind of learnings in school but our education system and orientation have reduced them to a mediocre.

Why does a graduate have to be making bags, soaps on a small scale for living if not the manifestation of mediocrity in our developement?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Melinde: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2014

tissue paper??

monkey what have you done on your part?
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by wirinet(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2014
homesteady:
you are obviously the ignorant one here who doesn't know what SME is! SME just require small capital!
and pure water plant is not a small enterprise! I hope you know even selling home made liquid soap is an SME? Making bags is an SME! SME are businesses that are not 'rocket science'!

If you are ignorant of something, you seek to enlighten yourself, but instead you remain stubborn in your ignorance and talk rubbish. You have no idea of what Small Scale Industry means. The scale of an industry is related to the capital needed for its set up. A business with a set up capital of less than $100,000 (one hundred Thousand Dollars) is referred to as a small scale Enterprise. So pure water business is obviously a small scale business.
homesteady:
So learning extra skill that might help you on the long run is exploitation?

This thread is not about learning extra skill and the president did not acknoweledge the students for learning a SKILL, they were recognized for starting an SME of producing tissue paper.

No body asked where the students got the capital to start the business of producing tissue paper.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by komekn(m): 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2014
LOL Chei I laff , laff what kind of coded insult is that , implying the President talks a ,lot of Mmmmmmmm
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Audinowing(m): 2:47pm On Aug 20, 2014

tissue paper??

what ve u made?
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by Mayflowa(m): 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
Guykhena:

Are you guys f**** kidding me

What do you want exactly? These are teenager making tissue papers. That means CBN and FG has set up some creative skills in these kids which is fair enough

Moreso, do u know what goes in making tissue paper. Machine was designed to make and roll it. That same skill can produce android phone.

At least you heard of UNILAG students making a worldclass car, Autonov II, the other day. Please don't discredit your own

Same Jonathan Policy is bringing car assemblage plant into the country. That is how technology can be cheap and transferred too
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by babamadiba(m): 3:11pm On Aug 20, 2014
heefeholuwah: when will Nlanders stop being myopic in their thinking,I opened this thread excitedly not cause of the tissue paper that was produced...but I was glad at the rationale behind it..its productivity and creativity...its a thing of joy to see that at least we are starting to produce from the grass roots...'You are talkin about the chinese(highly developed country) I'm sure you can't even repair a nokia-torch light fone...#...the only way to get big is to appreciate little several smalls like this...#Nigeria will soon be a leading force in world-tech....AMEN!...
love you bro. No homo!
Re: President Jonathan Receives Tissue Papers Made By Students Of GSS, Abuja (PIX) by NobleAky(m): 3:17pm On Aug 20, 2014

tissue paper??

...at least someone produced a tissue paper (a secondary school student for that matter)

Young Chinese build techno android phones.....

You, what have you done since you were born?......well, a nagging human never get beyond average!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Begins Investigation Of Dino Melaye Over Alleged Certificate Scandal / Kaduna In Lock Down, As El-zakzaky Appears In Court (Photos) / FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.