Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil (32625 Views)

FG In Talks With World Bank For Fresh $1.5 Billion Loan / Buhari Seeks Fresh $5.513bn Loan, Writes House Of Representatives / Senate Alleges Fresh $1.15bn Illegal Withdrawals From NLNG Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Officialhorlah(m): 12:50am On Nov 04, 2020
The Federal Government is seeking a $ 1 .2 bn external borrowing from China to finance agricultural programmes in the 2021 budget . A request for approval has also been transmitted to the National Assembly .

The Minister of Finance , Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed , who appeared before the House of Representatives Committee on Finance in Abuja on Tuesday to defend the budget proposed by her ministry , made this known .

Ahmed disclosed that the Federal Government sent a request to the National Assembly to approve the loan from the Brazilian government to address issues in the agriculture value chain as Nigeria .

Ahmed also said the Federal Government would acquire 100, 000 hectares of land in each state for food production, adding that link roads would be built in such locations to provide access for farmers to move farm produce to markets and reduce post-harvest losses .
Chairman of the committee, Mr James Faleke, had asked the finance minister about diversification of the economy.

Responding, Ahmed said, “For borrowing to improve industry, we are before the parliament. I request for the approval for loan that we call the Green Imperative Programme which is for loan of $ 1 . 2 bn from the Brazilian government .

“ It is a programme that is addressing the whole of agricultural value chain from mechanisation, production , processing and selling. It is meant to lend to businessmen for tractors , plants at all levels. ”

Zainab also faulted the Minister of Power, Sale Mamman on why the 3 , 050MW Mambilla power project was not captured in the 2021 budget .

The finance minister stated that Mamman did not include the project in the submission made to her ministry for 2021 budget.

The finance minister also told the committee that the executive might forward a supplementary budget to the National Assembly to provide for new salaries in the ongoing reform of the Nigeria Police Force.

Ahmed also stated that the Federal Government was still bent on the enrolment of all workers on the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Information System, including members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities, while the University Accountability and Transparency Solution proposed by the university lecturers undergoes verification by experts .

Giving updates on the 2020 budget implementation from January to September , Ahmed said, “ As of the end of Q3 2020, FGN’ s revenue available for budget funding ( excluding GOES) was N2 . 83 tn, 70 per cent of target .

“ FGN share of oil revenues was N1 . 20tn (representing 158 per cent performance , over and above the prorated sum in the revised 2020 budget ) while non- oil tax revenues totalled N927 .47 bn (76 per cent of revised target) .”
https://punchng.com/fg-seeks-fresh-1-2bn-loan-from-brazil/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by amaham(m): 1:09am On Nov 04, 2020
Brazil Kwa? Like our borrowing limit from China has exceeded, time to port to Brazil.

426 Likes 21 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by poshestmina(f): 1:09am On Nov 04, 2020
Such a shameless government!!!

All the loans borrowed so far has done no single good for the common Nigerian ,rather getting worse.

I won't be surprised if they borrow from Benin Republic and Kenya just to fill their pockets and generations yet unborn!

The only good news about this government is collecting loans!. From every country and Everytime ☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

Such a shame!!

412 Likes 18 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Moferere: 1:10am On Nov 04, 2020
Loans everywhere, they have finished this country

168 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by dollarstays: 1:13am On Nov 04, 2020
here we go again with this borrowing stuff....i pity the next president after this one...his tenure will be about servicing of loans

204 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Rugaria: 1:15am On Nov 04, 2020
At this rate, they will soon borrow from Vanuatu and Laos.. Borrowing to biuld projects maybe in Niger. Starting to look like the agenda is to borrow the country to the grave. It's now a scramble to gather as much as they can before the collapse..

176 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 04, 2020
I don Taya. Who do us this thing?

25 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by thatsleepboy1: 1:17am On Nov 04, 2020
The most painful part of the whole thing is that the money borrowed will be given to their northern brothers and the rest will be looted and the rest of the country will pay for it. OH God of mercy kindly save us someday.

197 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Nbotee(m): 1:17am On Nov 04, 2020
YouAreFinished:
Now we have to start fixing the properties ipob destroyed during this protests

I'm certain Igbos is responsible for ur impotence and low sense of reasoning

397 Likes 25 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by GamalNasser: 1:25am On Nov 04, 2020
Buhari is such a loser

115 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by YouAreFinished: 1:33am On Nov 04, 2020
Nbotee:

I'm certain Igbos is responsible for ur impotence and low sense of reasoning
You see,even you realise how ipob could be diabolical sad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by flemsy15(m): 1:43am On Nov 04, 2020
I didn't actually read it... But my question is what plans does the present government has in terms of how to pay back or are they incurring these debts for future government?

35 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Aflix(m): 1:44am On Nov 04, 2020

1 Like

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by TimeManager(m): 1:50am On Nov 04, 2020
This woman must be held responsible for pushing us into High debt regime. After borrowing billions from China for Farmers Anchor Borrower program, yet another $ 2.1b Agriculture loan form Brazil for a 'so called' Green imperative programme. What has she done to reflate the economy through SME empowerment, what are the programmes to create chains of employment via SMEs?.. She's been in public parastatals throughout her career, little wonder she has no knowledge on how to develop the economy looking inwards other than Loans, Loans & Loans!!!. Highly incompetent and ridiculously unsound finance minister.

kiss the truth!

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Kolisky(m): 1:51am On Nov 04, 2020
Kai!!!

How sure are we that Nigeria will not be sold later in the future?

This country has entered it.... It's truly CHANGE

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by GamalNasser: 1:57am On Nov 04, 2020
flemsy15:
I didn't actually read it... But my question is what plans does the present government has in terms of how to pay back or are they incurring these debts for future government?
They have no means to pay back ...Buhari has not used a single dime from these loans to improve infrastructure, 100 percent has been either looted or used to pay armed robber salaries of Politicians

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Yankee101: 2:00am On Nov 04, 2020
The desperation of the buhari govt to impoverish nigeria with loans that's don't translate to development is unprecedented

If you can't raise money to pay overhead locally you should reduce your expenses, salaries, security votes, political appointee salaries etc

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Kolisky(m): 2:00am On Nov 04, 2020
By the time we're unable to payback these loans, we'll just voluntarily ask the whites to come and be piloting the affairs of this LOAN NATION

....it will be quite pathetic if these leaders who have insatiable desire for money isn't alive anymore!

To be frank, future isn't bright for Nigeria if we continue this same way(my opinion though)

27 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by FirstCounsel(m): 2:06am On Nov 04, 2020
amaham:
Brazil Kwa? Like our borrowing limit from China has exceeded, time to port to Brazil.
grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by bencr7: 2:21am On Nov 04, 2020
YouAreFinished:
I don't know whether u and my turkey which one hv a better brain or sense of reasoning

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by daddytime(m): 2:40am On Nov 04, 2020
Make dem sha share the country amongst the better countries wey dem dey borrow from make I jeje chose the side wey I wan belong to.

No matter how bad e go be, God know say e must still better pass living under these animals in human skin.

13 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by ChimaAdeoye: 2:46am On Nov 04, 2020
Buhari wants to collect loans that even in 1,000 years, Nigerian generations will continue in debt and poverty!

15 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by bencr7: 2:59am On Nov 04, 2020
YouAreFinished:

Humans have far more superior brains and reasonings,okay? Even a turkey knows that,ipobian.
Any other questions?
no I am talking about ur own brain, u called me ipob go trough all my comment on nairaland u will see that I am against anything ipob

10 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by mytime24(f): 3:24am On Nov 04, 2020
Them go soon borrow frm Sudan

4 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by kayusely70(m): 3:43am On Nov 04, 2020
Loan Again? Brazil? China?

4 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by BlackfireX: 3:47am On Nov 04, 2020
We will soon borrow from HELL FIRE.

just watch

5 Likes

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by ludd2018: 4:08am On Nov 04, 2020
YouAreFinished:

This IPOB is powerful . Controlling the whole country

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil by Macphenson: 4:26am On Nov 04, 2020
Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Stop Buhari From Medical Trips - Senate Committee Tells State House Officials / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed WTO Director-General, Term Starts 1st March 2021 / Dino Melaye Spends Holiday With His Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.