Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One (3314 Views)

Nigerian Christians Are Neglecting The Powerful Gifts Of The Holy Spirit / Powerful And Potent Spiritually Charged Names From Divinity / The All Knowing, All Powerful And All Loving God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by deScifa(m): 3:03pm On Aug 20, 2014
ERINLE

Orisa Erinle is not an Irunmale, that is to say Erinle is not among the “igba/irun/otalelegbaje-imale” that descended from ikole Orun (heaven or better put the spiritual world) to Ikole aye (Earth or better put material world).

This Orisa is very popular and well known all over Yoruba land and of course among the Yoruba Americans, Cubans, Trinidadian, Latinos and many more outside the Yoruba nation in Nigeria. Many Erinle worshippers are in Remo, Ijebu, Abeokuta Egbado in Ogun state. In fact there are families in the above areas that bear Erinle and Abatan (known as a path in Erinle). Erinle is also known to be the patron Orisan to llobu an Ijesha town in Osun state. The town lies along river Erinle that takes its source from river Osun along Ogbomoso-Osogbo road. Ketu and Okuku are other towns where people worship Erinle a lot.

Erinle means land elephant. This super human being turned Orisa is recorded in history to be an herbalist, hunter and farmer of all kinds – fishing, animal husbandry. He is known to be an extremely wealthy and always well-dressed deity in refined garments adore with cowries, coral beads and plumage from hunted game.

Erinle is known to be a male Orisa in Yoruba land. Erinle’s uniqueness is all about his inhabitation of two worlds i.e. water and earth. Erinle heals with water (from ocean) and leaves and herbs from the forest, he hunts on land for animals and for fishes in the water.

Yemoja is known to be married to Erinle at one time. But Abatan, which some people called a path of Erinle, is the power wife of Erinle. Some say Erinle is male while Abatan is female. When someone takes initiation into Erinle and the Orisa is consecrated for him\her, he\she would also receive Abatan just as in Obatala and Osun in many parts of Yoruba land. Erinle’s color is white while Abatan’s color is yellow\gold. Abatan is known to be Erinle’s perfect mix of female energies.

Symbols of Erinle
Erinle’s symbols are the clay pot called “ Ogun Erinle” or Awo-ota Erinle. Erinle’s pot comes in different sizes, shapes and designs, particularly the lid or cover of the pot holding “ota”, “omi” etc., depending on where you are in Yoruba land. Some come with a bust on the lid, some with a crown structure, some have raised relics where other instruments like “aaja – two edged bronze or metal bell, “agogo”-flat edged bronze\meal gong which is struck with stick are kept. The bust is usually adorned with earrings, “gele” cloth or headscarf, etc. It is also very common to see Abatan’s container placed next to Erinle, while some Erinles pot lid\cover is called Abatan or have Abatan placed on them.

Another symbol at Erinles grove or shrine is the Opa Erinle i.e. Erinle’s staff. It is considered to be an Orisa in itself like the opa in OBATALA. It is about 20-30cm in height with one apical bird surrounded by four smaller ones each attached to the staff separately at a lower level to the apical one in the center. An elephant image and metal chains can also be found as Erinle symbol.

Feeding Erinle
Erinle can be fed in a shrine where one or all of the above symbol exist and consecrated as Erinle or by the side of a river, swamp or marshland where Abatan is believe to reside, where two water bodies meet, such as river and ocean or sweet and salt water or clean and dirty water.

Feeding Materials
Erinle can be fed with one or all of the following oil (liquor), epo

(Palm oil) oyin (honey), Akara (Bean cake) dodo (fried plantain) ekuru and oole (made from beans) eko (corn meal)

Erinle praise songs
The following are some among way praise songs of Erinle

Okunrin gidigidi bi oke (A strong, brave and firm man like the rock\mountain)
2. A fun gbeleje bi oju Olodumare ti ko ni koreros (The clean and clear eye\face of Olodumare that does not grow any weed\grass)

3. Oloye nla (A high and important chief)

4. A ri ododo se igbanu fesin (One who uses a flower-like o wrap around his horse)

5. Erinle ajaja (Erinle, the powerful and ferocious one)

6. Panti oko (An embodiment of everything in the farm)

7. Agbele san omo sita (One who stays in the house and look\care for children outside)

8. Agbeta san omo sile (One who cares for children outside the house while in the house)

Appeasing\Feeding Erinle

The first thing is assembling what to appease Erinle with among those listed above or as prescribed in a divination or possession\manifestation.

Start by calling Erinle ajaja, three times (Erinle he powerful and ferocious one) Oba omi ni Igbo ajagusi, three times (The king in the forest of ajagusi)

Then say “Erinle come from wherever you are to listen and approves of our request\demands”. After this you chant as many as you know praise songs of Erinle to bring out the energy, and make your request while enumerating one after the other what you brought for Erinle.

This will be followed by the throwing of kolanuts (obi seeds) to know if your request is well taken or not or if something else needs to be done.

http://ifamatters./erinle/

4 Likes

Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by PastorOluT(m): 9:20pm On Aug 20, 2014
?
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by deScifa(m): 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
PastorOluT: ?

Your suggestion is not needed, you can bounce.....suuuuu!
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 20, 2014
PastorOluT: ?
preach the truth to him na.. Maybe he has been bound by satan to prevent him from hearing the gospel... So pastor olu T ure a pastor and u should know ur duty
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by PastorOluT(m): 5:45am On Aug 21, 2014
ProphetUdeme: preach the truth to him na.. Maybe he has been bound by satan to prevent him from hearing the gospel... So pastor olu T ure a pastor and u should know ur duty

Even my question mark says alot, Ii think he got the msg quite clear prof!
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by macof(m): 12:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
Great work Desifa, keep them coming.

May Olodumare bless you

2 Likes

Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by deScifa(m): 11:44am On Aug 22, 2014
macof: Great work Desifa, keep them coming.

May Olodumare bless you

Ashe'! and bless you too

1 Like

Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by deScifa(m): 11:57am On Aug 22, 2014
ProphetUdeme: preach the truth to him na.. Maybe he has been bound by satan to prevent him from hearing the gospel... So pastor olu T ure a pastor and u should know ur duty

Preach Truth to who? He should rather go and look for the Truth him self instead of living in his delusion. Can i ask u a honest question and i'm asking cos of your alias here 'ProphetUdeme', what is the difference between a prophet/Woli and a psychic /?
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by deScifa(m): 12:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
PastorOluT:

Even my question mark says alot, Ii think he got the msg quite clear prof!

Pls preach i will gladly listen if we can both reach a logical conclusion if i bring my own gospel to u.
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by PastorOluT(m): 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
deScifa:

Pls preach i will gladly listen if we can both reach a logical conclusion if i bring my own gospel to u.

What more to say, we are not meant to come to a mutual or logical agreement 'cos its not about me or u, bt what really is. So whatever u say or I say would have little or no effect whatsoever on the truth, truth remains irrespective.

Jesus is the way the truth n life, no one comes to the father bt by Him.
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by deScifa(m): 8:20pm On Aug 22, 2014
PastorOluT:

What more to say, we are not meant to come to a mutual or logical agreement 'cos its not about me or u, bt what really is. So whatever u say or I say would have little or no effect whatsoever on the truth, truth remains irrespective.

Jesus is the way the truth n life, no one comes to the father bt by Him.

Abeg spear me the bullsh1t story, u mean the son that is the father and the father that became the son and they are both together in the holy (deceitful) spirit. Before u continue with your crap i was a Christian, what you call born again until i found truth. wink
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by finofaya: 12:25am On Aug 23, 2014
Being a local religion, the yoruba religion is more attractive than any foreign religion.

4 Likes

Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 23, 2014
macof: Great work Desifa, keep them coming.

May Olodumare bless you
mr macof, i quite remember that olodumare is the god of olaochi and folykaze.. What about olaochi? I have not heard of her for a longtime
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by macof(m): 1:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
PastorOluT:

Jesus is the way the truth n life, no one comes to the father bt by Him

How do u know this?
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by macof(m): 1:04pm On Aug 23, 2014
ProphetUdeme: mr macof, i quite remember that olodumare is the god of olaochi and folykaze.. What about olaochi? I have not heard of her for a longtime

Olodumare is the God of everything, however not everyone calls it that

Am I her husband? undecided

1 Like

Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by PastorOluT(m): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2014
deScifa:

Abeg spear me the bullsh1t story, u mean the son that is the father and the father that became the son and they are both together in the holy (deceitful) spirit. Before u continue with your crap i was a Christian, what you call born again until i found truth. wink

U found the truth?
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by deScifa(m): 8:56pm On Aug 24, 2014
PastorOluT:

U found the truth?

what is the truth sir?...enlighten me.
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by PastorOluT(m): 8:58pm On Aug 24, 2014
macof:

How do u know this?

My friend long time, smile, are we supposed to be having this conversation again?

U already know my stance!
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by PastorOluT(m): 9:03pm On Aug 24, 2014
deScifa:

what is the truth sir?...enlighten me.

U just said u were a born again before n found the truth, so I ask, what truth is that?
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by deScifa(m): 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2014
PastorOluT:

U just said u were a born again before n found the truth, so I ask, what truth is that?

The truth are

1. Jesus is the biggest lie ever sold to man kind.
2. He was sent to the household of Israel not me or my household or the entire Yoruba race.
3. Christianity and the Bible is hogwash.
4. Paul is the founder of what u call Christianity and should other wise be called "Paulinity".

3 Likes

Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by PastorOluT(m): 7:17pm On Aug 25, 2014
deScifa:

The truth are

1. Jesus is the biggest lie ever sold to man kind.
2. He was sent to the household of Israel not me or my household or the entire Yoruba race.
3. Christianity and the Bible is hogwash.
4. Paul is the founder of what u call Christianity and should other wise be called "Paulinity".

So what informed this, and what do u believe exactly n how to be saved?
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by deScifa(m): 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
PastorOluT:

So what informed this, and what do u believe exactly n how to be saved?

Saved by who? from who? and what is pursuing me ? I think u will need to explain what u mean by save?

Matthew 15:24 ""I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel"

Like he said "sent only to"

2 Likes

Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by OlaoChi: 3:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
ProphetUdeme: mr macof, i quite remember that olodumare is the god of olaochi and folykaze.. What about olaochi? I have not heard of her for a longtime
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 17, 2014
OlaoChi:
olaochi my friend. How are u? Longtime. Its me udeme4Christ
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by OlaoChi: 7:31am On Sep 19, 2014
ProphetUdeme: olaochi my friend. How are u? Longtime. Its me udeme4Christ
you are now a prophet? shocked
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by Nobody: 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
OlaoChi:
you are now a prophet? shocked
by the grace of my God. YHWH my God revealed Himself to me and has choosen me to receive words from Him and preach to u people. Hope u wil nw believe my Jehovah God to be Real and for u to give your life to His Son JESUS CHRIST. Thank u
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by OlaoChi: 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2014
ProphetUdeme: by the grace of my God. YHWH my God revealed Himself to me and has choosen me to receive words from Him and preach to u people. Hope u wil nw believe my Jehovah God to be Real and for u to give your life to His Son JESUS CHRIST. Thank u

Nah. your Jehovah god remains as fictional as unicorns tongue
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 04, 2014
OlaoChi:

Nah. your Jehovah god remains as fictional as unicorns tongue
k. Are u on facebk, whatsapp. Will be inclined towards knowing u more thanks
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
ProphetUdeme:
by the grace of my God. YHWH my God revealed Himself to me and has choosen me to receive words from Him and preach to u people. Hope u wil nw believe my Jehovah God to be Real and for u to give your life to His Son JESUS CHRIST. Thank u

fvck jesus! no one imvited you and your dead jew god here.

3 Likes

Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by OlaoChi: 5:51pm On Oct 05, 2014
ProphetUdeme:

Sorry I don't do those...u could reach me by mail
Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
ProphetUdeme:

Our ladies are not whoore like Mother Mary.

Pls back off

3 Likes

Re: Erinle: The Powerful And Ferocious One by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
OlaoChi:

Sorry I don't do those...u could reach me by mail
ok my mail is udybrian@gmail.com. Pls u cud kindly gimme ur mail so peradventure i could reach u there. Thanx

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islam And Lesbianism / Christians! You Guys Have Some Work To Put In For The Lord / What Did U Learn In Church Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.