Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee (1594 Views)

21 Tell Tale Signs Of Emotional Abuse in marriage / 16 Frighteningly Creepy Tins Kids Hv Said 2 Dia Babysitters (in Yankee O'course) / Women Who Face Domestic Abuse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 20, 2014
Culled from reddit.com Interesting read.

http://www.reddit.com/r/TwoXChromosomes/comments/2dzs6q/as_a_guy_ive_never_experiencedwitnessed_domestic/

Let me start off by fortunately saying I have never seen domestic abuse with my own eyes. I grew up with awesome parents, and an awesome dad who taught me how to treat a woman right.

Last night at work (retail store) I was walking around the store and noticed a couple, young, about in their mid twenties, was alone in the corner of the store and seemed to be arguing of some sort. I approached them and asked if they needed any help and the girl turned away like she was hiding her tears.

The guy just said "no we're good, right honey?" And she just nodded with the back of her head facing me.

I walked away but kept close cause something didn't feel right. They eventually walked out of the store and I watched them just to make sure something wasn't gonna happen, but sadly I saw something I've never seen before.
He grabbed her arm and yanked her towards him and started yelling and talking down to her. I got the asset protection employee to go ahead and call the police. I went out there and approached him.

Me: "sir, do you mind me asking just what the hell you're doing?"

Him: "not you again, go the Bleep away."

I ignored him for the rest of the time.

Me: "ma'am are you okay?"

Obviously crying she didn't respond. Then the unexpected happened.
The dude grabbed her hair right in front of me and tried to pull her into the car just yelling "get in the fucking car, we're leaving."
She was screaming and I kept trying to reason with him, obviously there was no way to reason with this dickhead. So I blocked his car door and stood there not moving.

Then he slapped me. A slap? I knew this dickhead was a little weakling on the inside just trying to prove he's some kind of alpha male by taking it out on his girlfriend.

I didn't retaliate, was difficult, but I didn't hit him back. He pushed me out of the way and let go of the girl, got in his car and sped off. I consoled the girl who was just going ballistic. I brought her inside the store and calmed her down a bit. The police showed up and got their reports, looked at our cameras and identified him. The girl obviously had bruises, cuts, and scrapes on her like this has been going on for a while. She thanked me immensely afterwards and gave me a hug.

It was a very heartwarming and alarming experience to say the least. Men are clouded by this because we I don't see it or experience it NEARLY as much as women do In my experience, I have never witnessed something like this, and it may sound dick-ish of me but I'm glad I experienced this and it had really opened my eyes to a situation I have never seen.
Just wanted to share the experience from a guys perspective witnessing it.

7 Likes

Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by egopersonified(f): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2014
Guy, u did well, but I'm 90% sure she went back to the bf immediately.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by MARKone(m): 6:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
Well good for you..

A practical lesson on how not to treat your woman.

1 Like

Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by armyofone(m): 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2014
Slapped and you kept cool? Instead of showing him pepper jati jati the Lagosian way?

Where was your pepper spray?

You saved a gal, good work wink
Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 20, 2014
Awwww. That was heroic of you. Now i am wondering why that lady choose to stay with that beast of a guy.
Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by Gallass(m): 8:23am On Aug 21, 2014
And all you got in return was a mere hug?......while the supporter of APC girl will go back to the so called ''dick-head''.
Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 21, 2014
armyofone: Slapped and you kept cool? Instead of showing him pepper jati jati the Lagosian way?

Where was your pepper spray?

You saved a gal, good work wink
They aint in Nigeria else na bottle you go break for the dickhead head make him kpanshin 4 dia !!
Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 21, 2014
Gallass: And all you got in return was a mere hug?......while the supporter of APC girl will go back to the so called ''dick-head''.
They call it ''foolish in love'' !!
Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by Nobody: 9:46am On Aug 21, 2014
All ye asking the op questions, can't you see he culled the story from somewhere? undecided

The guy did well and I hope the girl learnt her lessons too

1 Like

Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 21, 2014
Don't be surprised to see the two together again. Seems some ladies like being abused. Op,you did well,next time,try to involve other people,don't just go alone,the guy could be dangerous,and armed..
Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 21, 2014
Gallass: And all you got in return was a mere hug?......while the supporter of APC girl will go back to the so called ''dick-head''.

You would want more than a hug from a girl who has just been abused?
Re: First Experience At Domestic Abuse in yankee by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 22, 2014
onirugbon1:

You would want more than a hug from a girl who has just been abused?
don't mind that guy, lots of pervs will take advantage of any situation. Nice one op.

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That Poor People Have Sex More Than Rich People? / AN ANGRY WIFE WRITES BEST LETTER EVER TO CHEATING HUSBAND’S MISTRESS / I Have Made A Mess Of Myself. What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.