Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

The Best Gaming Laptop - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The Best Gaming Laptop (3719 Views)

Understand Nvidia Cards:here Learn Best Gaming laptops / Android Phone For The Best Gaming Experience..??? / How To Tune Up Your PC For Best Gaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Gaming Laptop by killzone(m): 8:33pm On Aug 20, 2014
Desktops are the easiest way to gather a ton of power for gaming, but for some, portability is a must. For those who constantly find themselves on the go—whether it be for school, work, or leisure—laptops are the best solution for keeping up with their favorite titles. Fortunately, there have been advances in the laptop space that make quality mobile PC gaming a possibility, with a number of companies supplying a variety of gaming laptops.
So before you find yourself on the road or in a plane wishing you could get some game time in, check out the best gaming laptops currently on the market.
Large and In Charge
Asus ROG G750JZ-DS71
asus
Asus' ROG G750JZ is a beast any way you look at it. The 17.3-inch gaming laptop doesn't have the slim and sleek body that other new notebooks have, but what it lacks in grace in makes up for with power and additional features. From a Blu-ray drive and a top-of-the-line GPU to the ability to output to three displays and 4K monitors, the G750JZ delivers in a big way, without sacrificing too much in the name of portability.
Specs:
Intel Core i7 4700HQ processor
Nvidia GeForce GTX880M 4GB GDDR5 VRAM graphics
Up to 32GB of DDR3L MHz SDRAM
17.3-inch 1080p LED LCD screen

For the Frugal Gamer
Lenovo Z710
lenovo
Just because you want to game while on the go, doesn't mean that you have to spend a fortune. Lenovo's Z710 has the internals to keep you gaming while making sure you have some cash left over to actually buy some games. Although you shouldn't expect to play at the highest settings with this particular laptop, the ability to play most titles while away from home is more than reason enough to take a look at Lenovo's affordable option.
Specs:
Intel Core i7-4710MQ 2.5 GHz processor
Nvidia GeForce GT745M 2GB graphics
8 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB 5400 RPM HDD
Razer Blade

If space is an issue, Razer's Blade packs a ton of power and features into a tiny casing. The 14-inch notebook is pricey, but includes an Nvidia GeForce GTX 870M GPU and a wild 3,200 x 1,800 touchscreen display. Razer's laptops also have the added benefit of high-quality construction and build materials that match those of Apple's premium laptops.
Specs:
Intel Core i7-4702HQ 2.2 GHz / 3.2 GHz CPU
8GB DDR3L-1600MHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 870M GPU
3,200 x 1,800 touchscreen display.
Laptop Gaming at a Reasonable Price
MSI GE70 Apache Pro $1,093.50
msi
MSI's GE70 Apache Pro can be picked up for a decent price without sacrificing too much in the hardware department. MSI's laptop features a great SteelSeries keyboard and Killer game networking, alongside an included DVD drive and Dynaudio sound. For those that like to share their gaming with others, the Apache includes XSplit Gamecaster for broadcasting sessions to popular services like Twitch and YouTube.
Specs:
Intel Core i5-4200H processor
Nvidia GeForce GTX 860M 2G GDDR5 GPU
1TB HDD
8GB DDR3L 1600MHz RAM
Source:IGN.com

1 Like

Re: The Best Gaming Laptop by nigmarelli(m): 12:20am On Aug 21, 2014
Great write up man.So on point.Looks like you did your research too.Thumbs up.
Re: The Best Gaming Laptop by xtremeidea(m): 5:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
Nice article. well researched write up. Kudos

But where did you place the Alienware, Lenovo y50 & y70? they are good too.
Re: The Best Gaming Laptop by nigmarelli(m): 12:38am On Aug 22, 2014
xtremeidea: Nice article. well researched write up. Kudos

But where did you place the Alienware, Lenovo y50 & y70? they are good too.
.Bros na Lenovo B570e i dey use.Thats also good as well.
Re: The Best Gaming Laptop by killzone(m): 6:33am On Sep 05, 2014
Thanks guys
Re: The Best Gaming Laptop by ziccoit: 2:04am On Sep 12, 2014
This was what actually brought me here. I love fifa games and the upcoming one sounds interesting only that it bends on digging hole in my pocket in order to get a good laptop that can execute the game.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Repair PS3 In Lagos? / (pics) See The New Gaming Console From Nintendo / Play Games Your favorite Games And Win Airtime.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.