Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,418 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials (1102 Views)

Why Nigeria Can't Win Lassa Fever Battle As Ebola - Health Minister / Good News!! Four More Ebola Patients Discharged – Health Minister / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by NLFreak(m): 10:10pm On Aug 20, 2014

The Minister of Health Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu has said that there is no new confirmed case of Ebola disease in the country, contrary to reports that five new cases had been observed in Lagos.

The minister, in a tweet on Wednesday by his Special Assistant on Media and Communication, Dan Nwomeh, explained that so far, no new case had been confirmed.

In an email, Nwomeh referred our correspondent to the twitter handle @DanNwomeh, for what he called, “updates and clarifications of (mis)information on the fight against Ebola Virus Disease in Nigeria.

“Meanwhile as at today, the status remains the same. Disregard all rumours of new cases please,” he further said.

The tweet read, “This clarification follows reports of 5 new cases in Lagos State. This should be disregarded please.

“The Minister of Health reiterates that he has the sole authority to announce confirmed cases of disease epidemics in Nigeria.

“The minister reassures Nigerians that any new confirmed case of EVD in Nigeria will be announced by his office promptly.

“Any doubtful information on the outbreak of EVD should be verified from the office of the Minister of Health.

“Minister of Health Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu restates that at present, today, now, Nigeria has only two confirmed cases of Ebola Virus Disease.”

He also stated that there was no evidence that discharged patients can transmit the disease, adding that a Liberian whose name he did not disclose, was treated for malaria “having tested negative for Ebola Virus Disease.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/no-new-confirmed-ebola-case-health-minister/
http://saharareporters.com/2014/08/20/health-minister-claims-no-new-confirmed-case-ebola-virus-contradicting-lagos-officials
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by sirjohnson(m): 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
What should we now believe
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
Nigeria is a joke!!!
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by hotmolo(m): 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Das a relieve. To think av bin warming up insults for that liberian lady that came in... But wait oh why can't these liberians just go to other countries for treatment or jst stay in deir country
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by Codedrock(m): 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by vicadex07(m): 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
A
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by priscaoge(f): 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Please it's good jare. We are tired of this Ebola virus
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by laclass(m): 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Huh
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by uc97: 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thank God.
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by scribble: 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Ebola: APC vs PDP

These guys fight over everything but I have to side with PDP on this

simply because Im tired of Ebola
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by UNLEASHED(m): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
You dey lie abi?

1 Like

Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by NLFreak(m): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
I know one day, I will look at my son and tell him. I am one of those who survived that ebola shit.
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by Bazinga(m): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by kramer: 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Who are the m0rons that like to spread false news in the first place? Must be bloggers
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by priscaoge(f): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Codedrock: .
Code grin
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by shadowwalker101: 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
thank God
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by CharlieMaria(m): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2014
Thanks to God. Naija and fake news.
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by lat4real: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
undecided
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by agrovick(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Is dis not the same minister that reported d recovery of d late doctor?
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by heed101(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Atigbo
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by JojoArmani(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
sirjohnson: What should we now believe
I fear o o o
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by lilprinze: 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by Abatemtem(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2014
Abeeegi!who r we to believe now?LASG or FG?tomorrow morning nw,US will say dah dey aren't sure if there r new cases or not...I don tire 4 dis country
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
How many mouths does this health minister have sef??does he take ogidiga and shisha before commenting ni?na wa o

1 Like

Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by Nobody: 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
Phew
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by Iamoilprince(m): 10:18pm On Aug 20, 2014
I pray this is true! Can't wait for my country to be declared "Ebola Free".....The remaining two cases will be healed IJN! AMEN!!!
Re: Health Minister Says No New Confirmed Case Of Ebola, Contradicting Lag Officials by Obinoscopy(m): 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2014

(1)

.,. / School Nurse Confesses: “I Would Have NEVER Vaccinated My Own Children!” / Russian Man Will Become Subject Of First Human Head Transplant Ever Performed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.