Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,629 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency (2744 Views)

Secretary’s Appearance At Military Probe Unsettles PDP / Key Appointments: Buhari’s Silence Unsettles APC Leaders / APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by yarnings: 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2014

Tambuwal’s comment
unsettles Presidency
House Speaker Aminu Tambuwal’s political hazy
future has unsettled the Presidency and the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP).
There were fears yesterday in the PDP that Tambuwal
is likely to defect to the All Progressives Congress
(APC).
It was also learnt that the ruling party has not
foreclosed “plans” to sack Tambuwal if he switches
over to APC, after making a “code statement”.
The PDP has used the ongoing vacation of the
National Assembly to woo Senators and members of
the House of Representatives to secure a comfortable
majority in the two chambers.
But it was learnt last night that Tambuwal has kept
his game plan to his chest. His decision on 2015 may
come be in the last minute.
There are rumours that he may either vie for a
presidential ticket or return to Sokoto State for the
governorship poll.
Investigation by our correspondent revealed that the
Speaker created unease in the Presidency and PDP
when he declared that “Nigeria deserves good
leadership in 2015”.
Also, when responding to a question on whether he
would defect to APC or not, he simply said: “Kowa ni
tsuntsu kukan gidan su yake yi”, which means “birds
of a feather flock together”.
Some Presidency and PDP chiefs, it was said
yesterday, regard Tambuwal’s comments as
“disloyal, lack of faith in the ruling party and a tacit
opposition to the re-election bid of President
Goodluck Jonathan”.
A highly-placed source said: “The comments of the
Speaker have caused some disquiet in the
government and at the party level.
“Some forces in the Presidency and PDP considered
Tambuwal’s comments as “anti-party” and lack of
support for Jonathan’s re-election bid.
“They are also claiming that the Speaker has
confirmed the suspicion that he has always had
sympathy for the opposition.
“These forces believe it would be a slight on the
ruling party for the number four to defect to APC.”
Asked of the next line of action, the source said: “I
think the PDP may not allow Tambuwal to beat it to
the game. Once he moves to APC, he may need to
vacate the office. This is why the party is already
consolidating its hold on the National Assembly.”
The PDP is wooing more lawmakers in the National
Assembly, especially members of the House of
Representatives.
The party is determined to have “a comfortable
majority” in the House of Representatives to take
charge.
“PDP has realised that it is a bit legally difficult to
sack some of its members who defected to APC from
the National Assembly. The process will have to go
from the lower court to the Supreme Court.
“The alternative is to ‘hijack’ the National Assembly,
especially the House, and dictate its pace.”
A source in Tambuwal’s camp said: “We know the
Presidency and the PDP have been uncomfortable
since the Speaker delivered his coded message.
“Their attack dogs have been abusing us in some
online media since Sunday. But they have forgotten
that democracy is about people and what they want
at any particular time.
“At the appropriate time, the Speaker will make his
plans for 2015 known to his constituents and
associates.”
Pressed to know the office the Speaker might seek in
2015, the source added: “Tambuwal has kept his
joker to himself. Not even his confidants can say his
mindset.
“He has some options which I think he won’t disclose
until the last minutes to the primaries for 2015 poll.
At best, you can say he is consulting.”. thenationonlineng.net/new/tambuwals-comment-unsettles-presidency/

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by willyzmart(m): 10:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
D just can't wait for 2015

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by atlwireles: 11:02pm On Aug 20, 2014
The Nations is simply being silly. Nobody in PDP considers Tambuwal a member. With all due respect, he left the party last year August. We know come Feb 2015, you never hear his name associated with PDP ever again. The rightful person from Oyo state will become speaker from the PDP. cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by yarnings: 11:05pm On Aug 20, 2014
Tambuwal must really be feeling like a DON toward. 2015,only him with four options,which include going for the presidency,senate,sokoto governor or better still defecting to APC......he better make a wise decision so as not to end up like na'abba...

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by lakpalakpa: 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
undecided
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by tit(f): 11:10pm On Aug 20, 2014
yarnings: Tambuwal must really be feeling like a DON toward. 2015,only him with four options,which include going for the presidency,senate,sokoto governor or better still defecting to APC......he better make a wise decision so as not to end up like na'abba...

1) He cant win pdp presidential primaries
2) he cant win pdp senatorial primaries
3) he cant win pdp gubernatorial primaries
4) he can defect to apc
**** 1) he will lose speakership
**** 2) he cant win apc presidential primaries
**** 6) he becomes a has-been

19 Likes

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by yarnings: 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2014
atlwireles: The Nations is simply being silly. Nobody in PDP considers Tambuwal a member. With all due respect, he left the party last year August. We know come Feb 2015, you never hear his name associated with PDP ever again. The rightful person from Oyo state will become speaker from the PDP. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by yarnings: 11:28pm On Aug 20, 2014
atlwireles: The Nations is simply being silly. Nobody in PDP considers Tambuwal a member. With all due respect, he left the party last year August. We know come Feb 2015, you never hear his name associated with PDP ever again. The rightful person from Oyo state will become speaker from the PDP. cheesy
. DREAMLAND THING,if the next speaker will come from southwest then it will have to com EkITI STATE which is likely to deliver more federal honorable to PDP,mind you the only reason why oyo state almost produced the speaker in 2011 was because it was only oyo state that had a federal honorable from PDP in 2011.which is not likely to repeat in 2015 quote me.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by yarnings: 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2014
tit:

1) He cant win pdp presidential primaries
2) he cant win pdp senatorial primaries
3) he cant win pdp gubernatorial primaries
4) he can defect to apc
**** 1) he will lose speakership
**** 2) he cant win apc presidential primaries
**** 6) he becomes a has-been
. I agree with on your first point.but believe you u my lovely PDP will gladly hand over senatorial ticket,gubernatorial tiicket to him if he demand for it.if ribadu can be wooed back to be the PDP with ready made gubernatorial PDP ticket.you will agree with me that ribadu can't pull tambuwal crowd anyday anytime,and for the speakership it was not PDp that made him th speaker,I rest my case

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by atlwireles: 11:34pm On Aug 20, 2014
yarnings: . DREAMLAND THING,if the next speaker will come from southwest then it will have to com EkITI STATE which is likely to deliver more federal honorable to PDP,mind you the only reason why oyo state almost produced the speaker in 2011 was because it was only oyo state that had a federal honorable from PDP in 2011.which is not likely to repeat in 2015 quote me.

We already have a majority leader from Oyo state and God willing she is the speaker in-waiting. Ekiti will not produce members with the seniority needed to campaign for a leadership role in the house. Thinking PDP will lose any of its current seats in Oyo stste is too amateurish. PDP is more stronger in Oyo state than Ekiti.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by yarnings: 11:56pm On Aug 20, 2014
atlwireles:

We already have a majority leader from Oyo state and God willing she is the speaker in-waiting. Ekiti will not produce members with the seniority needed to campaign for a leadership role in the house. Thinking PDP will lose any of its current seats in Oyo stste is too amateurish. PDP is more stronger in Oyo state than Ekiti.
. PDP is more stronger in oyo state than ekiti haba,wait ooo do we now have two oyo state in nigeria or is it the same oyo state where I reside?let me ask you this,fine APC can't win the governor seat come 2015 in oyo state that is for sure.I doubt if APC will come second(pdP and accord) but can PDP win in all the local goverment of the state like what happened in ekiti state??if your answer is no,so on what Bases is pdp of oyo state stronger than ekiti pdp?mind you am not from oyo state but I was born,bred,schooled apart for my university decree which was in nearby ile ife in ibadan the oyo state capital.I know oyo state politics more than my state
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by atlwireles: 12:08am On Aug 21, 2014
yarnings: . PDP is more stronger in oyo state than ekiti haba,wait ooo do we now have two oyo state in nigeria or is it the same oyo state where I reside?let me ask you this,fine APC can't win the governor seat come 2015 in oyo state that is for sure.I doubt if APC will come second(pdP and accord) but can PDP win in all the local goverment of the state like what happened in ekiti state??if your answer is no,so on what Bases is pdp of oyo state stronger than ekiti pdp?mind you am not from oyo state but I was born,bred,schooled apart for my university decree which was in nearby ile ife in ibadan the oyo state capital.I know oyo state politics more than my state

Feb 2015 is about 7 months away. All our questions will be answered. Expect at least 2 PDP senators from Oyo and at least 6 house members.
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by yarnings: 12:44am On Aug 21, 2014
atlwireles:

Feb 2015 is about 7 months away. All our questions will be answered. Expect at least 2 PDP senators from Oyo and at least 6 house members.
in that case expect 3 PDP senators from ekiti state and 100% PDP federal reps from ekiti!!!!like you rightly said feb 14,2015 will settle these
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by deeobserver209(m): 1:32am On Aug 21, 2014
It's already a known fact that Tambuwal is an APC member in PDP clothing.
Am really worried for the guy because he seem to be getting more and more confused lately.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by Technocracy: 1:56am On Aug 21, 2014
Tambuwal has a bleak political future,that's why he has been runing from pillar to post,meeting the likes of obasanjo who possibly can beg on his behalf for a senatorial or gubernatorial ticket in pdp,he feels he is intelligent but sure don't have wisdom.I really wonder why speakers of the house of rep always make similar senseless mistakes,non wants to learn from precedence

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by tit(f): 2:31am On Aug 21, 2014
yarnings: . I agree with on your first point.but believe you u my lovely PDP will gladly hand over senatorial ticket,gubernatorial tiicket to him if he demand for it.if ribadu can be wooed back to be the PDP with ready made gubernatorial PDP ticket.you will agree with me that ribadu can't pull tambuwal crowd anyday anytime,and for the speakership it was not PDp that made him th speaker,I rest my case

Tambuwal will get nothing from pdp.
PDP has Ribadu just where they want him.
In the palms of their hand.
And with him they tar all of APC as opportunists, who like Tinubu, have a price, like cheap prostitutes.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by cjrane: 3:12am On Aug 21, 2014
yarnings:
Tambuwal’s comment
unsettles Presidency
House Speaker Aminu Tambuwal’s political hazy
future has unsettled the Presidency and the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP).
There were fears yesterday in the PDP that Tambuwal
is likely to defect to the All Progressives Congress
(APC).
It was also learnt that the ruling party has not
foreclosed “plans” to sack Tambuwal if he switches
over to APC, after making a “code statement”.
The PDP has used the ongoing vacation of the
National Assembly to woo Senators and members of
the House of Representatives to secure a comfortable
majority in the two chambers.
But it was learnt last night that Tambuwal has kept
his game plan to his chest. His decision on 2015 may
come be in the last minute.
There are rumours that he may either vie for a
presidential ticket or return to Sokoto State for the
governorship poll.
Investigation by our correspondent revealed that the
Speaker created unease in the Presidency and PDP
when he declared that “Nigeria deserves good
leadership in 2015”.
Also, when responding to a question on whether he
would defect to APC or not, he simply said: “Kowa ni
tsuntsu kukan gidan su yake yi”, which means “birds
of a feather flock together”.
Some Presidency and PDP chiefs, it was said
yesterday, regard Tambuwal’s comments as
“disloyal, lack of faith in the ruling party and a tacit
opposition to the re-election bid of President
Goodluck Jonathan”.
A highly-placed source said: “The comments of the
Speaker have caused some disquiet in the
government and at the party level.
“Some forces in the Presidency and PDP considered
Tambuwal’s comments as “anti-party” and lack of
support for Jonathan’s re-election bid.
“They are also claiming that the Speaker has
confirmed the suspicion that he has always had
sympathy for the opposition.
“These forces believe it would be a slight on the
ruling party for the number four to defect to APC.”
Asked of the next line of action, the source said: “I
think the PDP may not allow Tambuwal to beat it to
the game. Once he moves to APC, he may need to
vacate the office. This is why the party is already
consolidating its hold on the National Assembly.”
The PDP is wooing more lawmakers in the National
Assembly, especially members of the House of
Representatives.
The party is determined to have “a comfortable
majority” in the House of Representatives to take
charge.
“PDP has realised that it is a bit legally difficult to
sack some of its members who defected to APC from
the National Assembly. The process will have to go
from the lower court to the Supreme Court.
“The alternative is to ‘hijack’ the National Assembly,
especially the House, and dictate its pace.”
A source in Tambuwal’s camp said: “We know the
Presidency and the PDP have been uncomfortable
since the Speaker delivered his coded message.
“Their attack dogs have been abusing us in some
online media since Sunday. But they have forgotten
that democracy is about people and what they want
at any particular time.
“At the appropriate time, the Speaker will make his
plans for 2015 known to his constituents and
associates.”
Pressed to know the office the Speaker might seek in
2015, the source added: “Tambuwal has kept his
joker to himself. Not even his confidants can say his
mindset.
“He has some options which I think he won’t disclose
until the last minutes to the primaries for 2015 poll.
At best, you can say he is consulting.”. thenationonlineng.net/new/tambuwals-comment-unsettles-presidency/

Wetin concern agbero with overload? If he defects, remove him as speaker and crown somebody else from his sub-region. Life is all about adjusting to changes.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:45am On Aug 21, 2014
His body language since early dis year shows he has defection plans bt he does not want to loose his speaker seat. Mr tambuwal u can't eat ur cake and hav it. Make ur decision knwn or remain silent

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 21, 2014
2015 politics is getting interesting with Top party leaders cross carpeting to the opposition party. E.g. The El-Rufais, Oyinlola, and many more surprises to come.

God bless Nigeria

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by SirElaw(m): 8:12am On Aug 21, 2014
When a man chases more than one rat, he ends up not catching anyone of them. Tambuwal chasing the presidency, sokoto state governorship and a senatorial seat is bound to spell doom for him.
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by priscaoge(f): 8:36am On Aug 21, 2014
Is PDP and APC only the political parties in Nigeria
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by thunderrider: 9:48am On Aug 21, 2014
priscaoge: PDP and APC are they the only political parties in Nigeria

I wonder ooo

Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by teemy(m): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2014
Tambuwal's political career is beautiful as it stands irregardless of which party he decides on joining . He just needs to manage it well.

priscaoge: Is PDP and APC only the political parties in Nigeria

They are the best contenders for now.

While staying in PDP, the next contenders after waiting out Presisent Jonathan's tenure would be Ribadu, V.P Sambo and Tambuwal.

In APC since there is former V.P Atiku, Gov. Kwansakwo(sic) at the moment he would not stand a chance for the presidency until those two lose their ambition steam which is not guaranteed for the next 8 years. If APC had fielded a Tambuwal-Fashola awareness since, they would have stood a better chance than the PDP by now (muslim-muslim ticket would not be an issue with those two unlike the Buhari-Tinubu ticket who are perceived as extremists).

He however would do well to go for a governorship under any party and build credibility like Gov. Fashola and his presidential stance would be brighter. He would be be the continuance of the president Nigeria never had - Yaradua.
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by shizzle11(m): 10:13am On Aug 21, 2014
pls is tambuwack still in PDP?

mtchewwww!
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by MisterLongman(m): 11:25am On Aug 21, 2014
He has been an APC member since he coerced the opposition to vote for him in 2011........ But I am surprised he is still undecided about his uncertain future....... First class pretender.
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by emmasege: 12:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
yarnings: . DREAMLAND THING,if the next speaker will come from southwest then it will have to com EkITI STATE which is likely to deliver more federal honorable to PDP,mind you the only reason why oyo state almost produced the speaker in 2011 was because it was only oyo state that had a federal honorable from PDP in 2011.which is not likely to repeat in 2015 quote me.
But a speaker would have emerged in place of Tambuwal the moment he decamps b4 the next general election i.e. b4 February 2015. Mind u the national assembly members would still hold on to their various positions until June 2015, hence the emergence of a new speaker among the current Federal House of Reps.
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by emmasege: 12:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
Tambuwal is a BIG FOOOL AND THIEFFF. He cooperated with the thiefnubus to steal the south west mandate. And instead of him to find a way of closing ranks with C-in-C, he's continually been an instrument in the hands of the Agbero People's Congress. Iwaju o se lo fun e mo, eyin o de se pada si. Olorun mu e, Aboki.
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by lilprinze: 12:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
if Tambuwal joins APC that would be the most stup*d mistake he would ever make in his Life. I cannot wait for February14th 2015.
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by teemy(m): 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2014
emmasege: Tambuwal is a BIG FOOOL AND THIEFFF. He cooperated with the thiefnubus to steal the south west mandate. And instead of him to find a way of closing ranks with C-in-C, he's continually been an instrument in the hands of the Agbero People's Congress. Iwaju o se lo fun e mo, eyin o de se pada si. Olorun mu e, Aboki.

Pls refrain from name calling.
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by Jesusloveyou: 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
deeobserver209: It's already a known fact that Tambuwal is an APC member in PDP clothing.
Am really worried for the guy because he seem to be getting more and more confused lately.
he is not confuse,he is more settle than gej.he is d apc joker,dat wil cost gej all dat he has stole.dat is why i don't get worry about pdp plans of impeachment of apc gov.d time to unsettle gej is near,he stoling money can't save him.
Re: Tambuwal’s Comment Unsettles Presidency by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 3:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost N109 Only / What Is Wrong Withhh GEJ And His Media Team / Madam Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Speaks (Live From Radio Biafra)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.