Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,051 members, 7,810,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:35 PM

Childless Couple Set Bible Ablaze. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Childless Couple Set Bible Ablaze. (558 Views)

Woman Commits Suicide After Finding Herself Unmarried & Childless By Age 30 / Childless Women Who Got HIV While Seeking For Children / Man Sets Friend Ablaze For Dating His Mum In Enugu State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Childless Couple Set Bible Ablaze. by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 21, 2014
A couple in Asaba, Delta State Nigeria, Benson Ogwu and his wife, who have been married for 16 years without a child, yesterday set
ablaze their Holy Bible around Bonssac quarters.
While their action attracted hundreds of passersby, it was reliably
gathered that the couple, members of a popular Pentecostal
church in the area, were angry when their high expectations of
making babies were shattered by a prophet who told them they
had a delay in having children because they were far from God.
Consequently, they claimed that God has abandoned them, but an
insider said that they were disillusioned after several prophets told
them that the Lord was totally fed up of their Christian practice.
They were said to have sought the assistance of some native
doctors, who allegedly lured them into serving his idol popularly
known as “Onishe” where they were assured they would have
children within three years.
Family sources said that the couple was married in the Catholic
Church, which they dumped afterwards for the popular Pentecostal
church where accusing fingers have been pointed to the pastor for
raising false prophesies.
http://leadership.ng/news/381525/frustration-childless-couple-burns-holy-bible
Re: Childless Couple Set Bible Ablaze. by bizmania(m): 10:57am On Aug 21, 2014
Ha!!! This is sacrilegious!! Nah God do you?? Shuu? Anyway, God still loves you, even in your stupidity. My one cent advice is....return to the mother church, were we preach suffering with Christ, enjoying its eartly benefits and eternal merriment, not abrakadabra....and magic.
Re: Childless Couple Set Bible Ablaze. by Mendo007(m): 11:24am On Aug 21, 2014
i totally understand how they feel when sumtims it seems God is not listening to your prayers or seeing your commitments to him or it seems he has forgotten your labour for love. but from my own experience in life I have come to know he is always there and listens and sees even when it seems he not. every disappointment is a blessing we cannot yet see he said his thought for us is off good and not evil. let them ask themselves which would they prefer, to have a child when they wish and when he clocks 15 he kills them just we hear some kids do now a days or they do not have any child for 16yrs and stay alive to bless souls & touch lives positively around them. sometimes God doesn't give us what we want at the time we want it not because he can't give us but because its not yet time. I know of a couple who waited for 25yrs to have the twin babies they got just 2yrs ago and that same year I was 25yrs old so they would have had a child my age but they didn't God had a reason.
these couples should pray to God for forgiveness and should learnt to be to grateful for what they have and also thankful for what they don't have.
do you how many Ebola patients now will be willing to say lord even if you don't give me a child all my life but please just save me and heal me and don't let me die by ebola! we all think we have the greatest problem in the world but trust me there are millions of people who will gladly want to exchange their problems with you if they can find a swap. we should learn to appreciate the little tins God does for us and he will do more.
these couples also went as far to a native doctor? haba d devil only gives so he can take away but God blesses you and adds no sorrow or grief.
one thing I believe when I read this story is that these couples are just one feet from gold, God was just about to grant them their 16yrs old desire & they strayed n went the order way. I feel God just waited to see one last time if these couple really served and loved him because he is God or because they just wanted something from him which is a child. God just wants true worshipers just the same way we want to be love by someone who truly loves us for who we are and not what they will gain from us.

(1) (Reply)

Interesting Facts You Will Like To Know?? / Seun Can We Have A Section Created For All TROLLING Extracuricullar Activities? / Graphic Pics: Generator Fumes Killman, Wife & 3 Children In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.