Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles (1299 Views)

Breaking News: Keshi Finally Quits Eagles’ Job / Stephen Keshi Finally Explains Why He Dumped Nigeria / Oliseh Joins Siasia On Supper Eagles Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by drstan(m): 5:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Super Eagles Head Coach, Stephen Keshi has ended his romance with the team following the failure of the crisis ridden Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to improve on his first contract.
Keshi’s contract expired after the team sojourn at the FIFA World Cup in Brazil ended with a 2-0 loss to France in the second round.

After the tournament, Keshi and the NFF are yet to reach an agreement for him to continue coaching the Super Eagles.
The coach disclosed on brilafm on Wednesday that there was no way he would accept the offer the football house offered him.
According to him, NFF’s failure to improve on his first contract was an indication that they don’t want him any more.
“If really NFF is serious, they are not going to propose the same condition that I had for two and half years, expecting me to take it for another four years.
That means they don’t want me, indirectly they’re telling me they don’t want me, we can understand that.
Keshi expressed regret at the treatment met to him on the premise that he missed several job opportunities that came his way, saying he can’t wait any longer.

“I can’t wait that long, no, no, no. I’ve missed a lot of opportunities from other countries. “It’s not only South Africa , I had Gabon and co, I can’t wait anymore. I wish the team well. I am happy with the players but you know my career also needs to move.”

To prove that he has no ill feeling against anybody, Keshi informed that he gave the names of 23 players invited for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations double header matches against Congo on September 6 in Calabar and South Africa four days later in Cape /Town
“I don’t have enemies. I still have the board in mind. The board and I, we talk. And of course, my secretary is one heck of a guy, he called me about two weeks ago and said coach we want you to do this for us, I said ah! I don’t have contract with Nigeria how can I do such a thing. We are at peace; we are at peace, no matter what. We took our time.

Trying to see who and who has been playing pre-season friendly games. We came out with the 23-man list.
“I hope they’ll be able to use that and get a good result against Congo ,” Keshi said.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/08/keshi-dumps-eagles/
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by Debroslink: 5:18pm On Aug 21, 2014
What a pathetic way to end this!
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by RoyalRoy(m): 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
Well Mr Keshi....wish you a better life ahead.

You tried your best.
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by Segadem(m): 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
how authentic is this story ?let's wait and see.
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
#WEDONTWANTKESHIAGAIN#
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by redcliff: 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2014
If this is true, it just goes to show that Nigeria us never ready fr change.. when they see anything that makes a sector of the country look better, they reject it and put in mediocres there..then later they start complaining and regretting their actions..nigeria never learns
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by redcliff: 6:00pm On Aug 21, 2014
hopelink1: #WEDONTWANTKESHIAGAIN#

Example of my post
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
He talks way too much!
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by drstan(m): 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
smartchoice: He talks way too much!
and feeling like a king, with his poor tactical way of play,

1 Like

Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by Beive85: 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by redcliff: 7:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
drstan: and feeling like a king, with his poor tactical way of play,

Atleast he has done for us what no other coach has done for us in almost 20years..
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by ogahope(m): 8:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
More inferno is bound to egulf dt NFF glass house. Wat a country dt is full of enemy of progress. God wil soon flush d evil ppl out of dis country for us to move 4ward. If ds story is true, FIFA shud b ready to bound us. Fire-fire burn d evil ppl dt dont want our country to progress in football.
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by drstan(m): 9:38am On Aug 22, 2014
ogahope: More inferno is bound to egulf dt NFF glass house. Wat a country dt is full of enemy of progress. God wil soon flush d evil ppl out of dis country for us to move 4ward. If ds story is true, FIFA shud b ready to bound us. Fire-fire burn d evil ppl dt dont want our country to progress in football.
fifa can't do shit on dis, to make matter worse we have game to play in less dan 3weeks
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by Leitner: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2014
We will definitely miss him.
In like the last 15 to 20 yrs,he was the best coach Nigeria had. One thing I liked about him was that he brought stability to the team.
Wish him best of luck.
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by Goke7: 10:44am On Aug 22, 2014
Leitner: We will definitely miss him.
In like the last 15 to 20 yrs,he was the best coach Nigeria had. One thing I liked about him was that he brought stability to the team.
Wish him best of luck.

the problem is apart from me, not too many people agree with you, they think the guy is a failure,
Re: Keshi Finally Quit Supper Eagles by abdulaz: 11:37am On Aug 22, 2014
It is high time football is stopped in Nigeria, why not channel the huge resources on soccer to other sports, I think we will do well in other sports thereby creating employment opportunity for our teaming population who are jobless.

(1) (Reply)

Over 70 Hotels To Lodge During Nigeria Vs South Africa Match In Uyo. / Kelechi Iheanacho And Nwakali Training With Manchester City's First Team / Today's Bet Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.