Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,235 members, 7,839,237 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Which Is Cheaper And More Reasonable; Old Car Or Newer Car Engine Transplant - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is Cheaper And More Reasonable; Old Car Or Newer Car Engine Transplant (750 Views)

Revamping Your Old Car To Absolute Restoration / Is Mileage Of 156,000 Miles Too High For A 1999 (ie 14-Year-Old) Car? / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Is Cheaper And More Reasonable; Old Car Or Newer Car Engine Transplant by abatically(m): 10:07pm On Aug 21, 2014
Which is cheaper and more reasonable; buying an old car and upgrading the engine or buying a newer car and upgrading the engine? Let's say a 1995 Toyota Tacoma vs 2008 Tacoma. would u buy a 1995 tacoma with 2.7L I4 and upgrade it to V6 or or buy a 2008 model with 2.7L I4 and upgrade to V6? I think a reasonable person would rather buy a 2008 V6 or 1995 I4 and upgrade the engine to V6. Your thoughts.
Re: Which Is Cheaper And More Reasonable; Old Car Or Newer Car Engine Transplant by 9icetoo(m): 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
There is so much fun in terrifying newer model cars with supposedly old cars especially when peeps are unaware of the monster you have got under the hood. lol. I am personally hoping to squeeze in an Audi v6 engine into a 1980 Toyota Cressida. That would cause some stare when i zoom past an early 2000 model car. it would not make much sense to buy a 2008 model i4 car and start transplanting a v6 into it when u could have gotten a v6 of the same car. it would make more sense however to upgrade the engine of an older car so as to gain more HP. However, it is much easier these days to develop more HP from stock engines of newer cars by making a few modifications and tuning the engine a lil. I have watched and read a lot about tuners (not here in Naija shaa), who turned ordinary cars into dragsters by slapping on turbos, changing fuel maps, timing and all that tuning shit.
Re: Which Is Cheaper And More Reasonable; Old Car Or Newer Car Engine Transplant by Nobody: 10:50pm On Aug 21, 2014
abatically: I think a reasonable person would rather buy a 2008 V6 or 1995 I4 and upgrade the engine to V6. Your thoughts.

Bro, the above statement of yours already is already making out those who would rather modify their existing automobile as UNREASONABLE. Not an ideal way to start a fair debate. Reasonable, or unreasonable are both subjective.

To answer your question, I would rather boost the performance of my existing model. I will never be satisfied with a stock car, which anyone can go into a showroom to purchase. I like individuality, and I'm proud of my creations.

I will only purchase a newer model if I wanted a change, not because I needed more power. Replacing an automobile each time I got used to the power of my current model (which happens often) would become tedious, boring AND expensive.
Re: Which Is Cheaper And More Reasonable; Old Car Or Newer Car Engine Transplant by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: Which Is Cheaper And More Reasonable; Old Car Or Newer Car Engine Transplant by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
That's a nice-looking B5 you've got there, NG. Is it a Front track or Quattro?
Re: Which Is Cheaper And More Reasonable; Old Car Or Newer Car Engine Transplant by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
Re: Which Is Cheaper And More Reasonable; Old Car Or Newer Car Engine Transplant by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 22, 2014
CityNG:

Front track embarassed

It was this or a tasty Imola Yellow S4. The Chief Accountant in charge of Budgetary Control (read Wife) would not release funds for any such nonsense grin My children and I don't care to be driven around in a hotrod she said. PS: SHe's now my Ex Wife though grin
joyful over a divorce?... Hope you're not trying to influence the Gbudje's?....

(1) (Reply)

FG Clarifies Waiver On Auto Policy / Speaking Of Factory Recommended Maintenance / Introducing The ‘made In Uganda’ Electric Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.