Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,728 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia (12232 Views)

Outstanding Fees! Delta State First Class Scholarship Students Stranded Abroad / The Plight Of The Nigerian Overseas Federal Scholarship Students - Ikenna David / FG Pays N200b To CBN For ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by johndanny(m): 1:39am On Aug 22, 2014
The Federal Government has paid the eight
months allowances it owed the over 322
Nigerian students on the Bilateral Educational
Agreement scholarship in Russia.
The PUNCH had exclusively reported on
Tuesday that the failure by the Federal
Government to pay the allowances of the
students had forced them into begging and
resorting to illegal jobs, which put them at
risk of deportation in Russia.
Following the report, our correspondent
gathered on Thursday that the students had
since started getting credit alerts on their
respective bank accounts.
One of the affected students, Moyosore
Ojuri, who is in her second year studying
Metallurgical Engineering at the Volgograd
State Technical University, Russia, told our
correspondent on the telephone that the sum
of $4,450 had been paid into her bank
account.
The money, she explained, included $4,000
meant for her stipends from January to
August; $200 for annual medicals and health
insurance, and $250 covering her annual
protective clothing.
Ojuri said she hoped that the Federal
Government would begin paying them their
allowances as at when due and save them
from undue hardships.
“Before now, the Federal Government owed
us from January to August. But now they
have paid us everything. I can pay my
accumulated debts and I am sure that I won’t
be sent packing from the hostel over unpaid
accommodation fees,” she said.
One of the student leaders, Akinola
Akindamola, a post-graduate student of the
Department of Mechanical Engineering,
Volgograd State Technical University,
Russia, stated that he and other student
leaders were going round to ensure that all of
them, especially the new students, had
received their allowances.
Akindamola, who is the President of the
Senate Committee of Association of Nigerian
Scholarship Students in Russia, said, “The
payment of the money is in process and I am
confident that by the end of today, we would
all have been paid. The least problem we
want now is to be financially handicapped.
We appreciate the Federal Government for
their prompt response.”
When contacted, the Director, Press and
Public Relations, Federal Ministry of
Education, Abuja, Mr. Olu Lipede, confirmed
that the Federal Government had paid the
students all their entitlements.

www.punchng.com/news/fg-pays-allowances-of-scholarship-students-in-russia/

9 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by s3nn2x(m): 2:07am On Aug 22, 2014
Everything for Naija na war. If you dey do gentle man, you go old.

I wonder why it is only when there is an outburst before the government do their job....Federal, State and Local Government...they are all guilty.

47 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Nobody: 3:00am On Aug 22, 2014
How are we even sure they have actually paid the student? They just told us what will suit our ears. Why the delay in paying until this time after their non payment has been made public and trending. Dear FG, be kiaful o.

4 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by devigblegble: 5:24am On Aug 22, 2014
ok
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by popson1st: 5:24am On Aug 22, 2014
What if they had not protest?
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by 2legit2qwt: 5:25am On Aug 22, 2014
The Nigerian government only perform when called out undecided

6 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by eleojo23: 5:25am On Aug 22, 2014
The Nigerian system of doing things is manual. The systems and processes always need a push (nay, a forceful push) to work instead of being 'automated'. To get any benefit from the system (that should normally work in your favor), you must be ready to push. It's a shame.

12 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Ghydyon(m): 5:25am On Aug 22, 2014
must we forcefully seek for help from the government? You will hear them at their campaign promising a better living but on the long run na hardship living

6 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Afrocatalyst: 5:27am On Aug 22, 2014
So they were actually starving? Na wa o.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by tunshe: 5:27am On Aug 22, 2014
Things get done by protest in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by sunsas(m): 5:27am On Aug 22, 2014
That's gud.

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by slimpoppa(m): 5:28am On Aug 22, 2014
at last.
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Pangea: 5:29am On Aug 22, 2014
Ahahaha grin
Naija i hail o!

Thank God say una cry out!
Your money for don die inside Election 2015 rigging slush fund grin

9 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by omoredia: 5:30am On Aug 22, 2014
!?!

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by freshness2020: 5:32am On Aug 22, 2014
Atlast!
This government D̶̲̅ε̲̣y bleep up, until ♈όϋ remind em they will do nothing.
If ♈όϋ check well na one man fit hold ǻƪƪ the money, na indictment he fear before he release dat money.. Bunch of Mofo's!

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Chaleeee: 5:33am On Aug 22, 2014
$4450??

Flexing don start be that....!

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by rozayx5(m): 5:33am On Aug 22, 2014
At Last, there was a country undecided

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by patostical: 5:37am On Aug 22, 2014
$4450 is a small amount compare to what the students will spend between January and august. well is better than not getting anything. smiley

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Nobody: 5:37am On Aug 22, 2014
Good work FG

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by shegsrules(m): 5:37am On Aug 22, 2014
Finally

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by alaladakosta(f): 5:38am On Aug 22, 2014
And someone embezzled it. Crazy people.

2 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by redcliff: 5:39am On Aug 22, 2014
Chaleeee: $4450??

Flexing don start be that....!

Chicken change if you ask me.. nigeria never gets anything right. The only thing they get right and accurately is stealing and corruption

3 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by drsteroid(m): 5:40am On Aug 22, 2014
Why must the Govt always wait 4 public outcry before they do the needed things...I believe this money had been long released,a particular person or group of Individuals in Govt might have decided 2 stock the money in the bank so dat he can take the interest on it..Nigerian Politicians,f**king up since 1960

5 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Soteriahascome: 5:40am On Aug 22, 2014
Had it been that these guys didn't do that video protest... Who knows what their condition will be right now... Which way Nigeria?

3 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Danjunior(m): 5:41am On Aug 22, 2014
Booked
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Luvdmx(m): 5:42am On Aug 22, 2014
cool

10 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by Missmossy(f): 5:45am On Aug 22, 2014
At long last,an end to their suffering is here! Am so sure if the news of the students poor living didn't circulate they won't be remunurated. Chai! I pity these students in advancecheesy

5 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by lilprinze: 5:45am On Aug 22, 2014
Chi any thing you want from Nigeria government you must either protest or go on strike before they would take you serious they would be saying no money when there is plenty money. if ASSU did not go on 6 month strike am sure up till now FG won't pay that money.

5 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by englishmart(m): 5:49am On Aug 22, 2014
Yessssssssssss!

Now they have helped me launch my rocket

1 Like

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by texazzpete(m): 5:49am On Aug 22, 2014
makeitsoon: Good work FG

Someone didn't read the OP properly. Or are you one of those that prostrate on the ground in thanks when they pay you your salary?

8 months, no payment. Yet fees and allowances of ex-militants in the amnesty program are paid up promptly.

12 Likes

Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by englishmart(m): 5:50am On Aug 22, 2014
lilprinze: .
uncle, this space you are booking, there is someone oOoooooooooooooo
Re: FG Pays Allowances Of Scholarship Students In Russia by ResourceMan(m): 5:55am On Aug 22, 2014
Luvdmx: cool

WHO BE DIS ONEEEEEEEEE. I HAIL O grin grin cool.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Official Nairaland Thread For Geoscience Students / Nursing Students And Aspirants / Ikpeazu Reduces Tuition Fees For Abians In ABSU By N10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.