Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,237 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son (1698 Views)

Viral Photos Of El-rufai's Son In Compromising Situations / El-rufai’s Son Calls Fayose A ''VAGABOND'' (photo) / Mallam El-rufai Son Dies In Car Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by etunoman76(m): 7:43am On Aug 22, 2014
Bello, an older son of a former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nasir el-Rufai, has threatened to disown his father, if he attempts to defect from the All Progressives Congress to the ruling Peoples Democratic Party.

The younger el-Rufai was reacting to the recent defection of a former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, from the APC to the PDP.

He stated that despite Ribadu’s move to the PDP, he would always have a bias for him, but warned his father against following in the footsteps of the ex-anti-corruption czar, noting that el-Rufai would never enjoy such a honour from him.

According to Bello, the PDP is the “main problem” with Nigeria as he described it as a “poisonous party” capable of exerting negative influence on its members.

Writing on Twitter, he argued that defection for “political advancement” is shameful, adding that it was unfortunate that the development was fast becoming a reality in Nigeria’s flawed political system.

“The PDP is not the only thing wrong with Nigeria. But it is certainly more complex than that. However, it is the main problem right now. I will personally decamp from my father’s side if he moves to the PDP.

“I say this because I know he will never entertain the thought. He will not even provide the opportunity for the henchmen of the ruling party to “woo” him,” Bello wrote on Twitter.

He descended on critics of the APC, saying political commentators and analysts should not compare a party that is about a year old and another that has “held and abused power for 14 years.”

Noting that he would have been elated if Ribadu, who he fondly referred to as “Uncle Nuhu”, had furthered his political ambition on the platform of the APC, he stated that he was quite confident that Adamawa State would develop under his rule.

Insisting that Ribadu would be a better leader at the helms of affairs in Adamawa, than the immediate past Governor, Murtala Nyako, he added that he would never campaign for his candidature.

“I will always have a bias for Uncle Nuhu. And I certainly cannot begrudge the people of Adamawa on the development he could bring.

“The main battle is not the PDP waiver. It is the internal wrangling with other “gladiators” like Buba Marwa, Marcus Gunduri and Umar Ardo.

“It is also easier to finance an election and raise money from the same people he (Ribadu) persecuted if he is in the PDP. As the APC/PDP games and intrigues go on, may God protect the masses.

“Do I want Uncle Nuhu to become the next Governor of Adamawa? Yes. Would I have preferred if he had tried under the APC? Yes. Am I happy he has decamped to a poisonous party? No. Do I dislike him for that? No,” he added in a series of tweets.

Meanwhile, the Presidency has welcomed Ribadu into the PDP, describing his defection as a positive development to the Nigerian polity.

Special Assistant to the President on New Media, Reno Omokri, wrote on Twitter that Ribadu’s name could be likened to “honey” in modern-day Nigerian politics.

“Mallam Nuhu Ribadu is like honey. Even if you change its name, honey will still be sweet,” Omokri wrote on Twitter.

Also, the National Coordinator of the Poeples Democratic Party Youth Forum, Oche Joesph, described Ribadu’s defection to the PDP as a boost to what he described as President Jonathan’s transformation agenda.

Joseph stated on Twitter that Ribadu is more of a national figure than a local champion and will be a good addition to any political party he chooses to join.

The PDPYF leader argued that the symbol of integrity in the APC was gone, adding that the party has now been reduced to “gathering of aggrieved politicians.”

“Nuhu Ribadu has the credibility; he has exposure and the intellectual prowess to deliver! A loss to the APC is a good addition to team Transformation Agenda.

“Having men with the courage and intellectual prowess of Ribadu at the helm of affairs is a plus. Ribadu remains the greatest anti-corruption crusader Nigeria has ever produced! If you believe in him you will support his decision to dump the APC,” he tweeted.

http://www.punchng.com/i-punch/ill-disown-dad-if-he-rejoins-pdp-el-rufais-son/
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Ikpewe: 7:52am On Aug 22, 2014
A USELESS TWEET FROM A USELESS SON OF A USELEES FATHER. FRESH AIR THINGS TILL 2019.

9 Likes

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by DickDastardly(m): 8:00am On Aug 22, 2014
wale "el-rufai" adenuga

This is super story!

You are all pencils in the hands of the DEVIL!

Drat of all Drats!!!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by eunisam: 8:02am On Aug 22, 2014
This guy (bello) has the right to disown his dad for any reason.but he doesn't have the right to call PDP a poisonious party. Is APC a milk party? In as much as e no concern me, I dont really blame him because your enemies taste poisonious.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Chienex24(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2014
After your papa don wash your brain finish inside toilet, u com hia dey spew nonsense! SMH!!

3 Likes

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by donphilopus: 8:47am On Aug 22, 2014
Ikpewe: A USELESS TWEET FROM A USELESS SON OF A USELEES FATHER. FRESH AIR THINGS TILL 2019.

If we should ask this guy to give us one reason GEJ should lead us till 2019 now, he would start spewing balderdash!

5 Likes

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 22, 2014
The son spoke quite alot of truth. Mallam El-Rufai should stay at APC or lose his dignity just like FFK.

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Mekateka: 8:57am On Aug 22, 2014
Fingerling too dey talk. Hmmm GEJ don suffer for aboki hand

1 Like

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 22, 2014
yeye boi ! sey na do or die affair ? white fowl
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Dreal1247: 9:35am On Aug 22, 2014
Some kids at times make statements that have the capablity of swallowing them. Is it not PDP that made his father popular? Outside his father, who knows him? I pray for that day to come when his father will move back to PDP. He (the son) will surely start singing a new song to justify the move. They are all political propaganda.

2 Likes

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Flameboy26(m): 10:34am On Aug 22, 2014
Shey ur broda die for accident abi? Dun wory ur turn d come sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by fiverrwin(f): 11:19am On Aug 22, 2014
True talk

1 Like

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Ikpewe: 11:36am On Aug 22, 2014
donphilopus:

If we should ask this guy to give us one reason GEJ should lead us till 2019 now, he would start spewing balderdash!
BEP UKAM
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by BrokenTV: 12:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
like father like son, am not surprise.
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by yorke1: 12:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
The boy is a f0.ol just as his father.
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by egift(m): 12:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
President Jonathan: Nigeria's King of Corruption grin
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Nobody: 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
Oga Bello! No need for your rhetoric because your Dad has already set condition for defecting back to PDP and that is when" Satan converts to Islam".

But on a more serious note, is Satan far from that religion with all the BEHEADINGS and GENOCIDE perpetrated by her members?
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by 175(m): 2:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
A NLder was also mentioned in the article. . .I hope you guys noticed?

Big ups Mr Oche Joseph! I know one day you go make us proud. I am loyal!

I remain an unrepentant PDPist, GEJite and Nigerian!

GEJ till 2019
Ribadu in PDP forever!!

1 Like

Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by DonaldGenes(m): 3:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
Lmao!
Overfed pikin talking
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Ikpewe: 3:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
donphilopus:

U WILL COMMIT SUICIDE WHEN PGEJE WINS 2015 PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION.
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by Ikpewe: 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
matify:

Oga Bello! No need for your rhetoric because your Dad has already set condition for defecting back to PDP and that is when" Satan converts to Islam".

But on a more serious note, is Satan far from that religion with all the BEHEADINGS and GENOCIDE perpetrated by her members?
I WONDER OOOO
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by theSpark(m): 5:06pm On Aug 22, 2014
who is Bello?
He should not piggy back on his daddy's name. Let him prove himself first then he can speak as he wishes.
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by asadike(f): 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
who go disown who?instead of u to ask questions abt d incessant death in ur family and pray ur way out,u ar here rantin rubbish. Spoilt brat!
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by ochejoseph(m): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
175: A NLder was also mentioned in the article. . .I hope you guys noticed?

Big ups Mr Oche Joseph! I know one day you go make us proud. I am loyal!

I remain an unrepentant PDPist, GEJite and Nigerian!

GEJ till 2019
Ribadu in PDP forever!!
thanks for bringing it to my notice I never knew they quoted me , a support for GEJ is a support for transformation
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by deji68: 11:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
Dont worry ur papa grin grin grin grin no go Join PDP cheesy cheesy PDP don join APC....abi mallam don forget Ameachi, Atiku, Oyinlola?...chei god dey!!!!
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by mrking3(m): 11:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
The PDP this little ignorant boy is condemning is still the same PDP his father was part of for 12 good years!! What makes his short father different from the rest of the PDP members? so the moment a pdp member defects to APC he becomes a SAINT? This boy should sit his a.s.s down! He doesn't know a Jack about politics!!
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by 175(m): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2014
ochejoseph: thanks for bringing it to my notice I never knew they quoted me , a support for GEJ is a support for transformation

My oga you are most welcomed!

Transforming Nigeria remains a task that must be done!
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by ken0808: 7:17pm On Aug 23, 2014
Arrant rubbish!!!
Re: I’ll Disown Dad If He Rejoins PDP –el-rufai’s Son by GodofGrace(m): 9:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
eunisam: This guy (bello) has the right to disown his dad for any reason.but he doesn't have the right to call PDP a poisonious party. Is APC a milk party? In as much as e no concern me, I dont really blame him because your enemies taste poisonious.
what else should he call pdp d boy is sayin d truth jare

(1) (Reply)

What The New Biafra Will Look Like / Reason Loquacious Gov Rochas Okorocha’s Wife Can’t Stay With Him / Breaking news: Oscar Pistorius Has Been Sentenced To Five Years Imprisonment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.