Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) (8821 Views)

17 Health Benefits Of Egg Plant (garden Egg) / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / Ofada Rice Sauce Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by foodiciary: 10:44am On Aug 22, 2014
So after a long time of having this delicious sauce I thought it would be nice to make my home-made garden egg sauce with rice for dinner.
Garden egg is a nutritious sauce that is healthy to have with rice or yam because it is a very good source of dietary fiber, potassium, and it’s also rich in antioxidants.

If you're not a lover of stew or you really want to enjoy your rice with something new and tasty, Here is how to make garden egg sauce. Step by step guide http://foodiciary.com/2014/08/garden-egg-sauce-recipe/

Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by beckyomas(f): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2014
Sorry, double post.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by beckyomas(f): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2014
Please I would like to know what kind of garden eggs u used?
I tried the white ones and it what so bitter, then I tried the green ones, it was bitter but not so bad. Why are mine bitter? cry I love garden egg sauce so much.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by foodiciary: 11:54am On Aug 22, 2014
@beckyomas I prefer to used the green ones and i think when buying them, you need to beware of the ones that have a creamy white part. I buy garden eggs that are pure green that way, when you eat them it doesn't taste bitter.

Secondly,after you boil the garden eggs ensure you peel off the skin of the garden eggs as seen in my blog. Then remove as much seed as you can. For me, i try not use plenty of the garden eggs that way, i can still enjoy the taste of the fresh pepper.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by beckyomas(f): 12:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ok thanks but did you peel the skin off the ones from the pix above? It really looks good. I kinda love the seeds so I won't de-seed them.
I'll give it a try again when I go back to school soon. Thanks... kiss
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by itstpia1: 4:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
Looks good.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by itstpia1: 5:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
beckyomas: Please I would like to know what kind of garden eggs u used?
I tried the white ones and it what so bitter, then I tried the green ones, it was bitter but not so bad. Why are mine bitter? cry I love garden egg sauce so much.

Thats the flavour though, if its not too much.

Garden egg is just great with yam. I can almost eat it with eba sef, come to think of it, some recipes do add garden egg chunks to okro stew. Very tasty.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by beckyomas(f): 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
itstpia1:

Thats the flavour though, if its not too much.

Garden egg is just great with yam. I can almost eat it with eba sef, come to think of it, some recipes do add garden egg chunks to okro stew. Very tasty.
Hmmm nice but with eba? No thanks. I love it withh yam or unripe plantain and my coursemate will be like 'what is this rubbish u are eating'? I no blame dem sha, they don't know anything.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by itstpia1: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
^ true that.

its an acquired taste i guess.

but quite good.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by foodiciary: 12:08am On Aug 26, 2014
@beckyomas the photo shows the top garden egg skin being peeled off. And of course, would peel off the rest.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by CoCoLav(f): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
beckyomas: Please I would like to know what kind of garden eggs u used?

I use either the green or the white one but I peel off the skin after boiling. Tastes better that way.

I also do not remove the seeds, I pound it for a long time so the seeds become mashed.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by beckyomas(f): 4:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
CoCoLav:

I use either the green or the white one but I peel off the skin after boiling. Tastes better that way.

I also do not remove the seeds, I pound it for a long time so the seeds become mashed.
Thanks.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by armyofone(m): 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
Garden egg soup for eba is really nice. Not sure how my mom made it but taste so good.

This is good for eating some nicely cooked Tiv yam cheesy

foodiciary: So after a long time of having this delicious sauce I thought it would be nice to make my home-made garden egg sauce with rice for dinner.
Garden egg is a nutritious sauce that is healthy to have with rice or yam because it is a very good source of dietary fiber, potassium, and it’s also rich in antioxidants.
If you're not a lover of stew or you really want to enjoy your rice with something new and tasty, Here is how to make garden egg sauce. Step by step guide http://foodiciary.com/2014/08/garden-egg-sauce-recipe/
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by itstpia1: 8:19pm On Aug 27, 2014
I don't think I've had it with eba before, but I've had okro stew with chunks of garden egg.

It was very good.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by armyofone(m): 10:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
The garden egg soup was really delicious with eba. I would need to ask my mom how she prepared it...

She has 2 ways of making it for yam such as:

Boil, mash, add fresh onion, palm oil and salt.

Boil the garden eggs, mash and set aside.
Pour veggie oil into saucepan, add onion and fry.
Add freshly blended tomato, tatashe and atarodo.
Finally, she pours her mashed garden eggs, add salt, cook for some minutes and then sauce is ready for yam.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by itstpia1: 11:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nice, I accidentally pressed the share button, thinking it would give the option of who to share it with ( like facebook).

It doesn't?

Thanks for the recipe though, some people add maggi as well, but either way, the dish still has flavour.

I think I also like the one made with palm oil, good thing I don't eat it that often, health things.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by tandj: 1:49pm On Aug 28, 2014
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by itstpia1: 3:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
Lunch is served.

or breakfast.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by armyofone(m): 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
She doesn't use maggi on her garden egg sauce but you may like it with maggi though.
Me too, i have longed to eat that one made with palm oil and fresh onion.

I'm yet to come across the naija type garden eggs in the stores here. They only have those huge purple garden eggs and I have never tried the recipe with it. I will try it someday.

New feature I guess cheesy maybe Seun is just testing it.

itstpia1: Nice, I accidentally pressed the share button, thinking it would give the option of who to share it with ( like facebook).
It doesn't?
Thanks for the recipe though, some people add maggi as well, but either way, the dish still has flavour.
I think I also like the one made with palm oil, good thing I don't eat it that often, health things.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by tpia1: 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
i dont use maggi with it either, unless its the purple one.

some people also add egg.

naija garden eggs are available sometimes in canned form.

Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by armyofone(m): 8:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
You mean like at any food store?
Costco, Wegmans etc ? Or just African stores?

Those canned thing grin the only can food i buy is tomatoes paste.
I can give it a try sha, thanks.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by tpia1: 11:37pm On Aug 28, 2014
I saw it once at an ethnic store, not sure which one, it was a long time ago.
Re: How To Make Garden Egg Sauce (recipe) by tpia1: 2:06am On Aug 29, 2014
I accidentally pressed the share button, thinking it would give the option of who to share it with ( like facebook).
It doesn't?

seems it didnt share after all, its not showing on the share page.

(1) (Reply)

Peak Encourages Muslim Faithfuls To Share Goodness And Nourishment This Ramadan / Ingredients For 1 Bag Of Rice / Pls I Need Ur Help On How And Steps To Make Buttter Icing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.