Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,592 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family (33543 Views)

Late Adadevoh’s Family May Sue Ebola Filmmakers / Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
Decontee Sawyer, the widow of late late Liberian, Patrick Sawyer, the man who brought the deadly Ebola disease to Nigeria, says she regrets the death of Doctor Ameyo Adadevor of First Consultant Hospital, who died of the Ebola virus on Tuesday August 19th after being infected by Sawyer.

In an email to Leadership.ng, Mrs Sawyer, who lives in Minnesota, USA, said she's pained that her late husband caused so many others so much pain both in Liberia and Nigeria.

"I share the pains that the family members of the Nigerian doctor are going through. It is just a pity that Patrick had to cause this damage both in Liberia and Nigeria.” Continue..
"I want to reach out to them and express how deeply saddened and sorry I am for their loss and their pain. I do apologise if my words have cost anyone who is grieving more pain. I fall on my knees and ask God for his healing power for all of those who are still infected with Ebola. I pray for all of the families whose loved ones were taken away by this merciless killer Ebola, especially those affected by Patrick’s actions.

“Ebola didn’t start with Patrick in Liberia, as we both know. Ebola was in Liberia from a traveller from Guinea since February of this year. The government knew about it and did nothing. Many Liberians, including me, called out to the government then to close the borders. They didn’t do so until one of their own, Patrick (Sawyer), died in July.

“Many people died before Patrick and their lives were just as important. That is my frustration. Ebola didn’t have to go to Nigeria, Africa’s most populated country, had the Liberian government taken drastic actions sooner. I, too, have family members and friends in Nigeria, and now they are at risk because of Patrick’s actions.

“In spite of my anger and disappointment with him, I don’t believe that he did this with evil intent (I could be wrong). I believe his actions were that of a desperate man. And sad for everyone involved, Nigeria was closer than the U.S. This is just my take on what he could have been thinking (of course, I could be wrong).

“My regret is that I was so caught up in my own pain and frustration, that I neglected to see the pain of the innocent people both in Liberia and Nigeria who are affected by Patrick’s actions. For that, I am deeply sorry. The last thing I wanted to do was to cause them pain. It is a pain I know. It is a pain I don’t want them to have.”

http://leadership.ng/news/381660/im-sorry-adadevohs-pain

68 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
Someone should tell this woman to shut up!
Instead of her to just apologise and keep quiet she is still busying defending her husband's madness

@korel9 na its ntm cool

52 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by korel9: 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
No, the apology should be to the whole nation angry

Chikichaka ^ which network are you using cos I can bet it's not hem ti hen angry

8 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by yuzjet(m): 2:09pm On Aug 22, 2014
Hisssss.....

Publicity stunt, coming from the wife of the spreader of ebola because of money.

God will judge u and ur husband accordingly to ur deeds.

8 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
Are you trying to be a star because your husband brought a deadly epidemic to Nigeria? Just shut the hell up!

32 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Davijunson: 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
Mtcheeew.... Sawyer knew wah he was doing. He had d intention of spreading it, dats why he came to Nigeria. Why didn't he notify the Govt of Nigeria abt his status before coming if truly wanted good medical attention. Why Nigeria and why not india or the US. Dude was jes being wicked jhor.

55 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
yuzjet: Hisssss

and tomorrow you will go to church asking for forgiveness

11 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by shadowwalker101: 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
sad
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by shakol91(m): 2:10pm On Aug 22, 2014
@ Decontee. No be Patrick's fault na Liberia and Nigeria government fault for their lackadaisical attitude allowing porous borders and not having a good preventive measure

32 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by cococandy(f): 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
How sad. sad

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by grandoworld: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Medicine after death

7 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by OCTAVO: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
We no gree!

6 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Eyeah!! apology accepted Madam
Its not your fault and its all in God's hands *hugs*

51 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by abdulaz: 2:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
Crying over spilled milk. continue singing it's too late to apologize... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Coldfeet(f): 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
Sorry too ma'am for your loss! Nlders abeg quit flogging a dead horse(man)! The disease is here and there's nothing patrick sawyer or his wife can do about it!! channel all this hate and energy into making sure it doesn't spread. Mrs Sawyer is not the enemy here o Ebola is! So cut her some slacks abeg.

55 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by nickz(m): 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
medicine after death

1 Like

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Kanwulia: 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
Noble gesture.
HER HUSBAND PAID WITH HIS LIFE!
Shyte happens! kiss

Them health care workers should stop being DEATH CARE WORKERS AND USE GLOVES instead of jumping from patient to patient with one stethoscope. . . spreading deh-zi-zez. . . and killing themselves! kiss

NA UNA GOD OF DEH-ZI-ZEZ I BLAME. . . the ever MAAAHCIFOOOL GOD!
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

For he so loved the world. . . he gave his only BEGATTED son and A BUNCH OF INCURABLE deh-zi-zis!
Shooooir! Make e come take 'songs of praise'! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2014
J12: Are you trying to be a star because your husband brought a deadly epidemic to Nigeria? Just shut the hell up!
you think loosing her husband is fun?the woman has no reason to apologize for the actions of her husband but she is doing same and in the spirit of church goers and MOG worshippers that we are,we are quick to refuse to accept her apology then tomorrow we will be claiming the role of Holy spirit crusader

55 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by akinlex(m): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
hmmm...
Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
J12: Are you trying to be a star because your husband brought a deadly epidemic to Nigeria? Just shut the hell up!
Chill bruh!

3 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Nobody: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Apology accepted ma, just one of those things in life that causes so much regret. We just have to find a way of dealing with the scourge and avoid it spreading to others. We appreciate the effort of the government in ending this disease.

11 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by YoungDaNaval(m): 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
You're 4given. Go Home and Sim No More.

2 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by sexymoma(f): 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
OCTAVO: We no gree!
Make she go wake am angry

4 Likes

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by shaboti: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Eiyya, apology accepted by me
Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by Dreyl(m): 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Mtchwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by brownlord: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Pure nonsense, this woman should stfu and take her apology else where

1 Like

Re: Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family by borlarge(m): 2:15pm On Aug 22, 2014
k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Signs You Are Sleep Deprived / Why Do Women Have Better Dentition Than Men? / 544 New COVID-19 Cases, 203 Discharged And 11 Deaths On July 5 - (1831 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.