Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery (29881 Views)

Nigeria Ebola Hero, Dr Adadevoh Receives Posthumous Award. / Patrick Sawyer's Widow Apologises To Adadevoh's Family / Dr Ameyo Adadevoh Dies Of Ebola Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by NewsAlert: 10:21am On Aug 20, 2014
Nigerian celebrities have continued to react to the death of Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh, the consultant physician, who died on Tuesday after contracting the Ebola Virus from the late Patrick Sawyer.Different celebrities have written their own tributes on the doctor who saved the country from the Ebola epidemic by refusing to cave in to the pressure by the Liberian Embassy to allow Patrick Sawyer leave the hospital.

While some say Nigeria should sanction the United States, others stated that the Federal government should give the late doctor a posthumous national award.Controversial Actress, Halima Abubaka posted on Instagram thus,
“Rip brave woman. Hmmm and the doctor slept.. Rip ma#EbolaAwareness# victim#sad”

Singer Lynxx also wrote

“I’m beyond sad…. Speechless to say the least… This isn’t someone I heard about through the news but a Friends Mum I met almost 20 years ago. I cant even fathom how he / his family feels! But God would be your strength through this trying time! Your death would not be in vain for you stood up to fight for the world, not just your country! May The Good Lord rest your gentle soul in Jesus name! Amen!”

Actress Rita Dominic posted on Instagram
“A Hero or Heroine refers to characters who, in the face of danger and adversity or from a position of weakness display courage and the will for self-sacrifice.. That is, heroism-for some greater good of all humanity.. Rest In Peace, Dr AMEYO ADADEVOH..”
Singer, Weird MC tweeted
“Dr Adadevoh Thank you ….Fly like an Eagle….Thanks ever so much.”
Actress Stella Damasus wrote

“Kind and beautiful Dr Ameyo Adadevoh stood her ground to protect Nigeria. She refused to allow Mr. sawyer leave first consultants hospital even when the Liberian Ambassador pressured her to release him. Imagine what would have happened if she had let him go. Ebola would have been more widespread than what we are dealing with now. She died this evening and I strongly believe she deserves a national posthumous award. The Cross River state government should honour this woman because Dr. sawyer was supposed to attend a seminar in Calabar.

If she had not stopped him from going there, what do you think would have happened to the people of Cross River?
Speaking further, Stella shared a photo of the late Doctor and wrote
“I know that since this is not a glamorous picture of me, it will not get many views. It shows how vain and insensitive a lot of us have become. I really want to see how many reports this will get and how many people will talk about it. Is she going to be a forgotten case like the fuel subsidy, the child marriage issue, or the Chibok girls? Why do we easily move from one thing to the other without seeing these issues through till we get results?”
Soundsaltan had this to also say to the departed heroine,
Even A president wouldn't have done it! Appreciate , your life . I personaly pray for a wonderful eternal rest in Paradise ! R.i.p Dr Ameyo

http://dailypost.ng/2014/08/20/ebola-nigerian-celebrities-mourn-late-doctor-adadevoh/

74 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by 2cato: 10:24am On Aug 20, 2014
E-bola ur daygs ar numbered

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 20, 2014
Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh, I have never met you but for what you did for Nigeria...I love You!!!

Rest In Peace Great Woman
Suffer In Misery Mr. Patrick Sawyer

89 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2014
O god help us
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by shadowwalker101: 10:38am On Aug 20, 2014
thats good right
[img]http://www.?aff=391[/img]
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by laprince(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2014
the Doctor did a great Job.

R.I.P

Naija is so good at this kinda thing

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Jaideyone(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2014
rip

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Rich4god(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2014
May God accept you into His kingdom...

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Guykhena(m): 10:39am On Aug 20, 2014
She didn't deserve this....... sad
Damn you Mr Sawyer angry

39 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by QMark: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh. I wish I could say the same for Patrick Sawyer.

BTW, OP, you forgot to quote my tweet. How is Lynxx more a celeb than I am. tongue

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:40am On Aug 20, 2014
I knw b4 I read d whole story FP go don go so let me book

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by BUSHHUNTER: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP

Sawyer all dis blud u are sharing diaris God ooooo #weeps#

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by adtiezy1(m): 10:41am On Aug 20, 2014
rip
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by fharmah(m): 10:41am On Aug 20, 2014
rip u try ................................ Damn u patrick
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Eeya. cry
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Rich4god(m): 10:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Only say for naija, na only tifs n crooks govt dey give national awards... But we pray that through your sacrifice, our govt might start seeing the sacrifice of the average nigerian...

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by LMAyedun(m): 10:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Nigerians celebrate you, Dr. Ameyo
Give Patrick Sawyer a knock on his head, if you happen to see him on your way to heaven.

R I P Doc.

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by fiverrwin(f): 10:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Sweetlemon(f): 10:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Thank God she kept the guy in the hospital knowing what would have happened should he have left there when they were no isolation wards in the country at that moment.

That's what makes her a heroine to me and not because she was on duty because she worked in a high brow private hospital for crying out loud!

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by 2scorehigh(m): 10:42am On Aug 20, 2014
Black Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by tblackE61(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2014
She is truly a hero!!! None of our brainless politicians can do what this eligible and amazing lady did!!! U will never be forgotten, RIP Ma!!#ebolayourdaysarenumber!!!

14 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Rapsainot(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2014
I just dey make front page anyhow
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Jhayson(m): 10:43am On Aug 20, 2014
R.I.P...u did a great job trying to protect ur country....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 20, 2014
Will the eulogy feed her family?
What if she was the breadwinner? At least I'm sure her income was a huge boost to her family coffers and now she's gone.
Who will take care of them?
Without the proper hazmat suit for infectious diseases,without life insurance,no doctor should go near an Ebola patient.No one will help you care for your loved ones,they will be left to suffer.
All you will get is RIP BRAVE HERO OR HEROINE from we Nigerians me included.

Rip madam, Rip Justina

Patrick Sawyer may Sango scrape your skull as you rot in hell!

46 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by 1money: 10:44am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP brave woman.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by crusader01(m): 10:44am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by baggylips(m): 10:44am On Aug 20, 2014
Rip 2 u ma....it's unfortunate that our government prefers to honour polithiefcians and looters to people like you.You will forever be remembered by the good masses cry

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Mayor21(m): 10:44am On Aug 20, 2014
Rise
If
possible ma'm

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 20, 2014
Why the unnecessary 'RIP'ing angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by ajetunde: 10:46am On Aug 20, 2014
May her soul rest in perfect peace. Nigerian Government may not remember you but Nigerians will.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by rutibaby(f): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2014
RIP MA.
MAY GOD GRANT UR FAMILY THE FORTITUDE TO BEAR THIS GREAT LOSS. U ARE A GENIUS INDEED.

MAY GOD GIVE THIS COUNTRY COURAGEOUS DR.

U LIVED AN EXAMPLE 4 MANY 2 FOLLOW.

ADIEU MA.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Eulogize Dr. Adadevoh For Her Bravery by Ozioma49(m): 10:46am On Aug 20, 2014
cryrip doctor!!!.........I and so many nigerians owe our lives to your bravery and may the almighty grant you eternal rest.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uniabuja Graduate Died In A Hospital After Intestine Was Blocked By The Doctors / How Long Can One Get HIV Accurate Result? Help A Sister / 13 Tricks For Falling Asleep Faster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.