Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,090 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Hygiene Tips: How To Get Rid of Mouth Odour - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Hygiene Tips: How To Get Rid of Mouth Odour (808 Views)

RMD Says He Is Getting Rid Of His Beards, Shares Last Photo / Toke Makinwa Gets Rid Of Her Framed Wedding Photo At Her Home. / Annie Idibia Wears Workout Outfit And Waist Trainer To Get Rid Of Fat (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hygiene Tips: How To Get Rid of Mouth Odour by Mayadiva(f): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
Post Credit: http://netnaij.com

Do you know that yourmouth odour can ruin your relationship and keep friends away from you?

Do you know that you could actually have bad breath and not know it because no one wants to embarrass you by telling you the truth?

Bad breath which is called Halitosis or Malodor is most times caused by a build-up of bacteria in your mouth. This, in turn, causes some form of inflammation and then it gives off toxic gases that smell like sulphur or something else more terrible.

Another way one can have bad breath is a build-up of thick phlegm in the tonsils which store food particles.

If the phlegm is not cleared out, it could cause bad breath.
Studies have shown that close to 80% of bad breath can result from the tongue, cavities or gum disease.

Also cracked fillings can be responsible.
Other internal illness and diseases can be responsible as well–Diabetes, Chronic Bronchitis, Respiratory Tract Infections, Acid Reflux and Liver Disease.

Please be sure that none of these is the culprit when tackling mouth odour.

Note that it is normal to have bad breath when we wake up in the morning.

But after we brush, we are expected to have fresh, clean breath.

However, if you’re not sure if your breath is clean, you can ask a trusted friend because you can’t really tell by yourself.

How To Get Rid of Mouth Odor

1. Brush Twice a Day. Yes, you were told this in primary school. In the morning, you brush before going to work or school and you could stay there all day without any oral hygiene. When you get home, for proper care of the mouth and to avoid the accumulation of food particles that can cause bad breath, brush before you go to bed.

2. Use a Tongue Scrapper.[/b]You can find this in a pharmacy and they’re quite cheap. Bad breath comes from plaque that accumulates in the tongue’s folds, especially toward the back. Use a tongue scrapper twice a day.

3.[b] Floss.
Dental flosses are also cheap. Buy one and run a line through teeth denture. If you have the balls, smell it and you’ll find where the smell is coming from.

4. Moisturise Your Mouth. A dry mouth allows for bad odour. Always keep it moisturised by drinking water or chewing gum. Make sure the gum is sugarless.

5. Eat Fruits.Especially those that contain Vitamin C. They help in fighting harmful bacteria. Also eat veggies like carrots and celery.

6. Brush Regularly. If you eat meals high in garlic and onions, brush your teeth as these can cause a distinct smell in your mouth.

7. Rinse Your Mouth.[/b]After each meal, rinse your mouth vigorously with water. This will help rebalance your mouth’s pH levels.

8.[b] No Smoking.
Cigarette smokers have a high chance of experiencing oral infections and disease. Furthermore, they constantly have a plaque accumulation on their teeth, which causes bacteria. In addition, smoking leads to dry mouth and a dry mouth is an oxygen-depleted mouth. This, in turn, gives that bad bacteria a home to thrive.

9. Ditch Your Low-Carb Diet.[/b]If you’re dieting and you’re on low carbohydrate meals, that could be the cause of your bad breath. What the body does in a low-carb situation is that it burns stored fats to use as fuel instead of the missing carbs. Now, while these fats are burning, chemicals known as ketones accumulate in the body and are released in your breath. And they don’t smell so good; hence, alter your diet.

10. [b]Chew Bitter Kola
.This is my own secret and I felt I should add it here. When I have a long day at the office which involves a lot of work and no talk, I pop in half a bitter kola in my mouth and it keeps my breath fresh all day. Make sure you cut it open so that it works well. What I do is I chew half of it for starters and then leave the other half in my mouth and bite off a little piece of it every now and then. Sometimes I don’t even need up to half if I don’t feel like it. I take a tiny chump and chip off it bit by bit until it’s gone. What bitter kola also does is clear out that phlegm in the throat that gathers food particles because it is also good for when you have a cold or cough.

11. Visit a Dentist.If you tried all the above and you still have that terrible mouth odour, visit a dentist. Even if you don’t have any problems, visit the dentist regularly.

I hope this helps! Have a refreshing day!

Post Credit: http://netnaij.com

1 Like

Re: Hygiene Tips: How To Get Rid of Mouth Odour by Mayadiva(f): 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Thank You cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

First Photo From Single, Married And Complicated (ghana Premier) / Davido Congratulates Wizkid And Psquare / Wizkid: “there’s Nothing Like Collaborating With Davido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.