Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (871892 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ishowdels(m): 11:59am On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:
had my visa approved at 9am today at the Lagos consulate!!!!

Its all my father Jehovah! not a single document was requested or asked for!

Congrtas bro,share your success story...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:

Bravo :-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Congrat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
burgessdon:
Me: good morning sir

V.o: morning can I see your passport and ds160

V.o: so you are going for studies

Me: yes sir

V.o: can I see your i-20?

Me:yes , handed it over to him
(v.o: scans through it )

V.o: so you are going to be a pilot

Me: no an engineer

V.o:why did you choose this university

Me: because XXY is nicknamed the air hub of the world, the institution has one of the oldest aerospace departments in the united states, and has a very good history in reaserch especially in my field of interest

V.o: (smiling and pointing at me) that's right

V.o: aircraft companies there uhm cessna beech uhn beech

Me: beech craft , mooney

V.o: (smiles)

V.o: can I see your dad's bank statement
Me: ( hands them over) actually its my mom's

V.o: (smile) ya they're always paying

V.o: (did somethings on the computer)
V.o may I see your secondary school transcript? Me:hands him my ssce original certificate
V.o: you've been approved

V.o: (hands over my documents but withholds the ds-160 and passport then hands over the retrieval form)

Me: thank you sir
I did both SAT & TOFEL but none was asked ,though it was stated in my I.20 that "the student has the required English proficiency
Congrats!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Idazbawz:
i thought U of M is in Ann Arbor undecided undecided undecided
Yeah! Also Flint
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 1:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:

Congrats! Let's have ur transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nikas0005: 1:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:

congrat bro tell ur experience let learn from you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 2:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
MY INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT
Me: Good morning sir, how are you today
Vosadjust mumbled a response)
Vo: where in the US are you going to?
Me: ***
Vo: why?
Me: quoted usnews.com and collegenews.com about it been among the top 50 schools in the us
Vosadcuts in) What course are you going for?
Me:****
Vo: which other school did you apply to?
Me: mentioned 1
Vo: are you going for masters or UG
Me: UG
Vo: what have you been up to and where you work now does it relate?
Me: I school part time and work in a relating field but the course i have now is not my passion my passion is what i have applied for in the usa as it is not offered here in Nigeria.
Vosad starts typing for an eternity!)
Vo: who is your sponsor?
Me: my mum
Vo: what does she do
Me: a proprietor
Vo: what kind of school , where is it and how big is it?
Me: answered
Vo: where else have you traveled to
Me: just came back from a wedding in Ghana
Vo: ( goes silent and starts typing for what felt like 30 mins but was actually a max of 5 grin), gathers my docs and gives me a whote slip circling where to pick up my passport.
It still feels like a dream! This is the first time I am applying to a usa school and appearing at the embassy! No document was requested as back up I give all the praise to my father in heaven.
P.S- I submitted my I-20 along with my DS-160 form at the entrance i saw it with the VO but he did not give it back to me, and there is no number or anything on the pick up slip. I hope that is ok.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:

Congrats Bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bobbieydeey: 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:
MY INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT
Me: quoted usnews.com and collegenews.com about it been among the top 50 schools in the us
Me: I school part time and work in a relating field but the course i have now is not my passion my passion is what i have applied for in the usa as it is not offered here in Nigeria.
Vo: ( goes silent and starts typing for what felt like 30 mins but was actually a max of 5 grin), gathers my docs and gives me a whote slip circling where to pick up my passport.
It still feels like a dream! This is the first time I am applying to a usa school and appearing at the embassy! No document was requested as back up I give all the praise to my father in heaven.
P.S- I submitted my I-20 along with my DS-160 form at the entrance i saw it with the VO but he did not give it back to me, and there is no number or anything on the pick up slip. I hope that is ok.
. Congratss,which school are you going to ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:

Congrat, that God@work who does not see the way we see.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:
MY INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT

Congrats... Your i20 should come along with your passport... Just wait for the pickup mail and go pick your visa... Welcome to amelika
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 2:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:

Congratulations bro, please, post the interview transcript for the upcoming artiste and presidential aspirants grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by winbyforce: 3:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:

Congrats burgessdon , efiyefaa and others who just got their visas! Enjoy your studies. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Denvan: 3:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
pls house, where do one get the document showing ones GRE score, that he/she tenders, along with other documents, to the VO during interview to obtain visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Denvan:
pls house, where do one get the document showing ones GRE score, that he/she tenders, along with other documents, to the VO during interview to obtain visa?
It will be send to you via email to your inbox then you print it out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:
MY INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT
Bravo once again :-) Enjoy yourself and stay cool :-)

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 4:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:

Congratulations man.
Can you tell us your school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
Quote author=Walspring post=27137136]

Do you need help in paying sevis fee?

Send pm and lemme be of help to you[/quote]
I'm new to nairaland. Remind me how to send pm. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:

Congratulations sir. It is well with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Green120: 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
Good day house,

Kindly assist me with your advices, will like to apply for a usa visit visa with my family for Xmas but the problem is that in June myself,my wife and my two kids applied for a student visa, my wife was the main applicant while myself and my kids were her dependants, unfortunately we all were refused the visa, she reapplied in July with our 8 month old baby and was still refused.

Please what is the possibility of getting the visit visa.

Gurus in the house kindly advice.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by everpector: 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
I sincerely wana use this opportunity to say a big thanks to all the gurus in the house, the honest truth is that we can do exceedingly great if we remain united and keep the brotherly spirit alive. My visa was approved today at the lagos consulate, window 3. the Vo was very mean and denied almost everybody before me except for 2 ladies. It is pertinent at this point to say that my interview was a show of exceeding grace. My transcript:
Me: Good morning sir, how was ur night?
Vo: can you pls place ur right 4 fingers on the scanner?
Me: I did
Vo: Thanks. so Y are u going to the US?
Me: Am going for my masters degree
vo: So y KPOLI university?
me: Is kpoli university cos I ve already established a ist class correspondence with one prof....., who holds a patent in my research area (vo cuts in, dont tell me the prof's name)
vo: what are gona be researching abt in ur masters
Me: I will be working on fiber optics sensors
vo: what sensors?
me: fiber optic sensors
vo: whats that
me: I began to lecture him (ofcourse is my field and my strength), he was nodding all tru. But i had a sense they dont really know wat ur talking about but ur composure and ur fluency in English is the key here. the guy was typing so fast as if he was pinging satan.
vo: how many schools did u apply to?
me: 9 schools (3 UK schs, 1 german sch, 1 canadian sch and 4 US schs )
vo: did u write GRE?
me: yah I did even though i still have a waiver letter
vo: whats ur score
me: I told him (At this time the typing got more faster)
vo:who is sponsoring you
me: my brother
vo: what does he do
me: he has one of the BIGGEST Agro xmical industry in my state and also a shipping line. (NB: I stressed the biggest as in Bigfrancis grin grin)
vo: do u have his satement?
me: yah passed it to him (He looked at the statement for a while then return it to me)
at this point the typing got frenzied and he looks at me at intervals while typing, i was looking at him very bold and smiling.
vo: your visa has been approved. gave me a pickup note, then said congratulations and safe journey
me: thanks and my pleasure.

OBSERVATIONS: for those that will be going for their interview soon, pls try and know atleast one faculty in ur prospective department and their recent research area, this shows ur scholastic prowess. When talking to the vo, feel relaxed and bold and always maintain an eye contact. find a research area in ur field and build a point on it. avoid sequence of breaks while talking and speak fluenlty Above all be reminded that the God factor is the ultimate, fast and pray then be rest assured the visa is yours. AM SO THANKFUL TO GOD ALMIGHTY, IT WAS HIS GRACE AND FAVOR THAT SAW ME THROUGH....

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by everpector: 6:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
Joenice:
Bravo once again :-) Enjoy yourself and stay cool :-)
CONGRATS AND HAVE A SUCCESSFUL TRIP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 6:06pm On Oct 15, 2014
Green120:
Good day house,

Kindly assist me with your advices, will like to apply for a usa visit visa with my family for Xmas but the problem is that in June myself,my wife and my two kids applied for a student visa, my wife was the main applicant while myself and my kids were her dependants, unfortunately we all were refused the visa, she reapplied in July with our 8 month old baby and was still refused.

Please what is the possibility of getting the visit visa.

Gurus in the house kindly advice.

Thanks
Pls can u post ur first n second transcript here? In order for d gurus in d house to know d kind/exactly advice to give. My own opinion to ur question is dat going to d embassy at dis point of time with such a visitation application, it strictly shows d VO how desperate u are. Marching into US embassy 3 times in less than 6 month with different kinds of application is nothing but Red Flag!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
everpector:
I sincerely wana use this opportunity to say a big thanks to all the gurus in the house, the honest truth is that we can do exceedingly great if we remain united and keep the brotherly spirit alive. My visa was approved today at the lagos consulate, window 3. the Vo was very mean and denied almost everybody before me except for 2 ladies. It is pertinent at this point to say that my interview was a show of exceeding grace. My transcript:
me: Is kpoli university cos I ve already established a ist class correspondence with one prof....., who holds a patent in my research area (vo cuts in, dont tell me the prof's name)
me: I began to lecture him (ofcourse is my field and my strength), he was nodding all tru. But i had a sense they dont really know wat ur talking about but ur composure and ur fluency in English is the key here. the guy was typing so fast as if he was pinging satan.
me: he has one of the BIGGEST Agro xmical industry in my state and also a shipping line. (NB: I stressed the biggest as in Bigfrancis grin grin)
me: yah passed it to him (He looked at the statement for a while then return it to me)
at this point the typing got frenzied and he looks at me at intervals while typing, i was looking at him very bold and smiling.
vo: your visa has been approved. gave me a pickup note, then said congratulations and safe journey

OBSERVATIONS: for those that will be going for their interview soon, pls try and know atleast one faculty in ur prospective department and their recent research area, this shows ur scholastic prowess. When talking to the vo, feel relaxed and bold and always maintain an eye contact. find a research area in ur field and build a point on it. avoid sequence of breaks while talking and speak fluenlty Above all be reminded that the God factor is the ultimate, fast and pray then be rest assured the visa is yours. AM SO THANKFUL TO GOD ALMIGHTY, IT WAS HIS GRACE AND FAVOR THAT SAW ME THROUGH....
Glory, honour n adoration be unto our lord Jesus Christ... Congrats bro!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
everpector:

Oh my days bro, you got me laughing hard, I can totally relate to the fast typing you talked about, I seriously wondered about that too during my interview, it was way too fast to be natural, almost as if he was jus playing on the keyboard just to appear busy looool.
Congratulations sir!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by winbyforce: 6:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
meekpie:

Congratulations sir. It is well with you.
Did you get my email meekpie?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by wale1470(m): 6:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
exxy:

ya, i'm flying 24th dec., qatar.
ok let get to meet. Am flyin to to toledo ohio and u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by meskezzy(f): 9:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
everpector:

congratulations bro.... Good advice u v given. Go and prosper

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 9:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
Congrats to everyone that got their Visa approved

On another note...make una read wetin i read https://m.yahoo.com/w/legobpengine/finance/news/texas-college-bans-students-ebola-215612192.html?.intl=us&.lang=en-us

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Green120: 9:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
PedigreeCity:
Pls can u post ur first n second transcript here? In order for d gurus in d house to know d kind/exactly advice to give. My own opinion to ur question is dat going to d embassy at dis point of time with such a visitation application, it strictly shows d VO how desperate u are. Marching into US embassy 3 times in less than 6 month with different kinds of application is nothing but Red Flag!

Thank you so much, I will stick to your advice.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2014
winbyforce:

Did you get my email meekpie?

Oh no I have not seen any email at all sir, is there a particular way to check emails on NL? Dunno may be I'm missing something

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.