Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (870519 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
Walspring:

At bold, Require Toefl or IELTS or SAT
They can waive it if his High School Result is good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
nedum360:

Congratulations burgessdon. You did very well. Where was your interview? How did u pay your sevis fee? It won't b a bad idea to know where u are headed.

Do you need help in paying sevis fee?

Send pm and lemme be of help to you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
Joenice:
They can waive it if his High School Result is good.

Okay if you say so, but i knew more than one people on this thread they didnt waive it for him, they asked them to go and write Ielts or toefl before they can grant them admission cos they need proof of English.

Even recently someone on this there with 1A, 5b's and 2C's , they asked him to submit SAT or Toefl alongside with high school transcript before they will decide on his admission
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
richiebaba:
@ bigfrancis, imperiouxx pls hw can i pay for my sevis fee in naija. i need ur assistance so dat i can book for visa date for spring 2015. thanks bosses

You can pay is via xxxxx but Justwise wont allow me to mention the name here...

Also you can pay via seme border

If you need help paying sevis, send pm and lemme be of help to you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by burgessdon(m): 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
nedum360:

Congratulations burgessdon. You did very well. Where was your interview? How did u pay your sevis fee? It won't b a bad idea to know where u are headed.
Abuja.A friend in US assisted me to make the payment.Kansas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
Anybody in the house studying M.sc Physics in the US? It could be any of the research areas.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
Walspring:

Okay if you say so, but i knew more than one people on this thread they didnt waive it for him, they asked them to go and write Ielts or toefl before they can grant them admission cos they need proof of English.

Even recently someone on this there with 1A, 5b's and 2C's , they asked him to submit SAT or Toefl alongside with high school transcript before they will decide on his admission
I'm so surprised about this. Maybe they've changed their style. What was your friend's score in English?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
Walspring:

I'm so surprised about this. Maybe they've changed their requirements. What was your friend's score in English?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:56pm On Oct 14, 2014
Joenice:
I'm so surprised about this. Maybe they've changed their style. What was your friend's score in English?

One have B in English

Another one have C4 in English
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2014
@Walspring,do you know of Nairalander or a friend studying M.sc Physics in the state?@Joenice you are not exempted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2014
Walspring:

One have B in English

Another one have C4 in English
Well it all depends. The school does not accept C but B at least. All in all, i think they've changed their policy :-)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sorry for the late response,bro. I just got access to the internet, hope it is not belated. Mail me for further clarifications.

1) You need to get a mastercard from your bank if you do not already have one. I used gtb and I heard access works fine too. Also, activate your internet banking (the bank will direct you on how to do this).

2) Open a paypal account and register the mastercard with the account on paypal.

3) Get your account verified: This will prompt you for a four-digit code which you will have to get from your bank statement. Paypal sends the code to your account to ensure that you own it. To retrieve the code, you need to access your transaction details on your bank statement using the online banking medium.

4)Thereafter, open an account on ets if you do not have one already. Register all the details required and proceed to payment. To pay, you choose the 'pay with paypal' option.

You should have at least thirty five thousand naira in your account to do this. The exam costs 195 dollars but the bank would deduct 2200 naira for token if you are just using internet banking for the first time.
save4live:

Thanks. I know JKK close to palmgroove. Please, if you do not mind, can you mail me the procedure; what exactly you did, so that I do not make any mistake. Please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by profdot(m): 6:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
@ walspring and slimmy05 .pls I sent u pm .I really need to clarify sth from u guys asap.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
cutelekush01:
Anybody in the house studying M.sc Physics in the US? It could be any of the research areas.Thanks

How do you mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2014
*taking note*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 6:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
@Edib are you in the US studying Physics (Master degree) or aspiring?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2014
profdot:
@ walspring and slimmy05 .pls I sent u pm .I really need to clarify sth from u guys asap.

Just check my email and i didn't get any pm from you.. Maybe you should re send it again...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
cutelekush01:
@Walspring,do you know of Nairalander or a friend studying M.sc Physics in the state?@Joenice you are not exempted

can't really say but pm Bigfrancis on that. I think he said something about physic, maybe he did something related to that or one of his friend doing physic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
Bigfrancis is studying telecommunication Engineering i guess.I will email him though I need a Physics major and it could be any of the research area.Thanks Boss

Walspring:

can't really say but pm Bigfrancis on that. I think he said something about physic, maybe he did something related to that or one of his friend doing physic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
I've gotten my GRE waiver letter..it was scanned to me today...sud I still take my poor GRE score with me to d embassy?..so poor men *covering eyes* ...

I did it under pressure tho after the admission had been given..cos I no want embassy wahala..and I studied & registered it in 2weeks...I had to go to PH for the exam cux dere was no available date in Lagos...143Q 134V 2.0awa....Abeg mk una no abuse me ooo..No excuse for failure tho...that was d first and only time I'll st for the GRE...but I knw if I'm opportune to take it again, iyalaya GRE!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Idazbawz(m): 10:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
PedigreeCity:
University of Michigan, flint
i thought U of M is in Ann Arbor undecided undecided undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nikas0005: 11:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
Do paypal work in nigeria , I hqve try to register for this , for a long but nigeria is not among the listed country . How do u registered urs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nikas0005: 11:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
There Should be pay back to the forum , many who read through this thread and they got their visa. Immediately they got their visa that is the end only few of them do post. Majority of visa agent here re awaiting applicant . I suggest let someone should start co-ordinating F1 visa holder tru this platform

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
nikas0005:
Do paypal work in nigeria , I hqve try to register for this , for a long but nigeria is not among the listed country . How do u registered urs

you can open a paypal now in nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Shammak(m): 12:34am On Oct 15, 2014
nikas0005:
Yeah, PayPal now allow Nigerians to register, I registered mine last month.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 12:46am On Oct 15, 2014
Can SEVIS fee be paid in NIGERIA banks now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 7:08am On Oct 15, 2014
imperiouxx:

Sorry my brother. I answered it last week but still I'll keep update.
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gozychuks(m): 8:33am On Oct 15, 2014
Am a graduate of Environmental Technology is there any course maybe. Diploma I can do with a budget of 1m naira my bro lives in the Us I can stay with him am looking. @sandiego california
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 8:35am On Oct 15, 2014
Is anyone here with TROY university's admission for spring 2015?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 8:40am On Oct 15, 2014
Gozychuks:
Am a graduate of Environmental Technology is there any course maybe. Diploma I can do with a budget of 1m naira my bro lives in the Us I can stay with him am looking. @sandiego california
I don't think applying for a diploma course whereas you are a GRADUATE, would get you a visa in the US embassy.
As a graduate, what they expect you to do is to apply for masters (and should be in line with your previous course(Environmental technology you know)), procuring a visa with a diploma's admission (I-20) would make your chances really sore.
So I'll advice you apply for masters, basically where your brother stays, use google to search for schools it would help more
But know you'll have to write standardized test though if your school requires it or not (also for embassy purpose if asked) writing a standardized test would increase your chances of procuring a visa.

I'm sure the bosses would have a say on your question, just sit back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 11:48am On Oct 15, 2014
had my visa approved at 9am today at the Lagos consulate!!!!

Its all my father Jehovah! not a single document was requested or asked for!

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 11:51am On Oct 15, 2014
efiyefaa:
had my visa approved at 9am today at the Lagos consulate!!!!

Its all my father Jehovah! not a single document was requested or asked for!
Congrats bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.