Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (865959 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2014
imperiouxx:

When I called him last week, he said he's no more in the office but he has his friends there and things still happens.

If you still need his assistance, let me know. Also, his assistance might go for a price.
opad:
Yes I still do need his assistance. Well, unfortunately nothing goes for free down there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2014
meskezzy:

for west African students,WAEC result is accepted as transcript. The school will convert ur grades to arrive at a GPA that will be used to decide if you qualify or not.

Thanks. I don't need the high school transcript anymore.

I've been told today that my BS and MS is good for me to take the undergrad psy and soc prerequisites.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 10:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
markenson:
Halleluyah,Visa approved on 20/10/2014 by d consular(man) in window 7,interview occurred arond 7:50am within 1-2mins without asking for my name talk less of asking for any documents though I took junks of docs to d embassy.
Transcript:
VO: u are going to michigan state uniersity (with a big smile)?
ME: yes ofcourse
VO: for what?
Me: to pursue masters In general public health
VOsad he checked my i-20 ).what course did you study at undergraduate level
Me: medical laboratory science
VO: gave a nod,and sstarted typing fast, your undergraduate school?
Me: Lautech
VO: ok. How did u hear about this school and y going to US?
Me: my role model (prof.......)recommended d school and I ferreted internet to know more about the school. And i choosed to go to us because my father told me America is 6 yeas ahead of developing country in education,Moreover ,certificate from us is of higher recognition here in Nigeria.
VO: hmmmm, tell me how u were considered for admission?
Me: I was like eh!!! Because I no hear the man
Vo: I mean did u do standardized tests, admission process etc?
Me: oh! I did GRE Ielts and I sent my CV and personal statement of goal ,all to support my application.
VO: would u return back after your studies?
Me: definetly , going for master In public health is to have in depth knowledge on how to protect and improve people health which will culminate to healthier and stronger community both on local and global scale bla bla bla.. ........ ( made ref to Nigeria here )
Vo: typing more faster , looking for his pen at the angle where white paper is. Picked white paper ,aiit, who is your sponsor ?
Me: my dad
Vo : what does he do?
Me: hes a prof. Of medicine and he has a private hospital.
Vo: OHk,your visa is approved and u can bla bla bla ....
Me: thank you very much.
VO: u welcome
All just look like a mere conversation within 2mins.
Anyway its Gods grace and divine favour.
However,confidence also played key role.

Thanks to all gurus that edified me during d admission and visa application process.
Thanks a lot.
Best wishes to others going for their interview.
Congratulations brother. When God is involved, there is always paucity of dilatory. Grace is the very quintessential of God's nature. Go and excel.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 10:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
markenson:
Halleluyah,Visa approved on 20/10/2014 by d consular(man) in window 7

When I saw the id makinsin cheesy, I remembered the actor's name on NTA Channel 7 in those days. Are you the one? cheesy

Anyways, cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2014
imperiouxx:

When I saw the id makinsin cheesy, I remembered the actor's name on NTA Channel 7 in those days. Are you the one? cheesy

Anyways, cheers!
grin
imperiouxx:

Anyways, cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kpolli(m): 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2014
imperiouxx:

Thanks. I don't need the high school transcript anymore.

I've been told today that my BS and MS is good for me to take the undergrad psy and soc prerequisites.

Egbon you wan start college afresh?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 12:25am On Oct 22, 2014
kpolli:

Egbon you wan start college afresh?

lols. I'm continuing with a medical program (PA) and it requires taking one and half semester of prerequisites at the undergrad level.

Most of the credits I've already had from my BS and MS but psychology, sociology and human anatomy and physiology I've never done before and I must take with distinction to get in.

It's crazy... hmmm? The only problem is that those courses will soon suffer humiliation grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:34am On Oct 22, 2014
imperiouxx:

lols. I'm applying for a medical program (PA) and it requires taking one and half semester of prerequisites at the undergrad level.

Most of the credits I've already had from my BS and MS but psychology, sociology and human anatomy and physiology I've never done before and I must take with distinction to get in.

It's crazy... hmmm? The only problem is that those courses will soon suffer humiliation grin
Of course..they will!!Goodluck bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 2:10am On Oct 22, 2014
imperiouxx:

lols. I'm continuing with a medical program (PA) and it requires taking one and half semester of prerequisites at the undergrad level.

those preREQS CHAII, beware of anatomy and physiology grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by virginice: 3:59am On Oct 22, 2014
Imperiouxx and other gurus in the house pls I need help with a question. Can somebody apply for premed/prepharm in community college? Maybe I can tell my sis to apply to Houston community college. Just wondering really.....she's presently in OOU but not so comfortable with what she doing with her life right now. I have been an old NL member (part3) but research no gree me think straight grin I got a msg from her today telling me how she is not enjoying her course in OSU. Told her already about toefl and sat but just need to know her chances in small schs
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kpolli(m): 5:08am On Oct 22, 2014
imperiouxx:

Nice one bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Feexo: 6:36am On Oct 22, 2014
Hi everyone, congratulations to all those who got their visa approved, and I wish all those planning on going all the best. Where can one get immunization records to be sent to a US school in Lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:40am On Oct 22, 2014
virginice:
Imperiouxx and other gurus in the house pls I need help with a question. Can somebody apply for premed/prepharm in community college? Maybe I can tell my sis to apply to Houston community college. Just wondering really.....she's presently in OOU but not so comfortable with what she doing with her life right now. I have been an old NL member (part3) but research no gree me think straight grin I got a msg from her today telling me how she is not enjoying her course in OSU. Told her already about toefl and sat but just need to know her chances in small schs

It's possible but never forget that each school has different requirement. Like now some grad schools told me I can get my prerequisites done as a non-degree student in any 4 year school while some told me to apply like a regular student, get the prerequisites done and transfer the credits after. Some schools (SUNY) told me I can even get them done at any SUNY CC nearby while some (CUNY) said it must be from a 4 year school. I hope snazzygirl comes around soon, she knows this better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:43am On Oct 22, 2014
opad:
Yes I still do need his assistance. Well, unfortunately nothing goes for free down there.

I missed this all yesterday. PM me, I will give you his number.

I'm going to need him too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Samgreguc(m): 6:46am On Oct 22, 2014
zeezahbee:
gud day, pls after one's B.pharm will o'level be required for post graduate abroad? And if yes, will NECO be accepted?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:52am On Oct 22, 2014
zeezahbee:

The part of biology I'm good at day/night is the part that deals with human body organization and functions.

Believe me, I have no bit of fear. I've taught many medical aspired jamb students areas covered in HA&P for years.

Also, you know I've covered some parts of it in various biochem courses. My only anxiety is been in psy and soc class for the first time but with good concentration, I should be able to handle them fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gbemmy121(m): 9:04am On Oct 22, 2014
teddyrain:
capital NO!!! The woman even discouraged me. When they were asking them to take forms if they want to work with them I didn't because I didnt have money for that. The only money I spent that day was my transport to and fro from my house to the embassy. The woman even told me I won't be successful in my interview, so I left there and hoped only in God.my success is just a miracle bro. No TOEFL, no sat, no statement was asked, no question. He just put me on hold and later gave me my pick up letter.
Please am bound for admission spring 2015 and am yet to pay my Visa fee. When exactly should I pay and how soon will have a date for interview. The school I had admission gave me Toefl waver and am advised to come and have a maths placement test over there that means I did not take Toefl and SAT and the most of all am 30 years old. Pls Advice me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 11:12am On Oct 22, 2014
Who's coming to New York fellas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 11:29am On Oct 22, 2014
markenson:
Halleluyah,Visa approved on 20/10/2014 by d consular(man) in window 7,interview occurred arond 7:50am within 1-2mins without asking for my name talk less of asking for any documents though I took junks of docs to d embassy.
Transcript:
VO: u are going to michigan state uniersity (with a big smile)?
ME: yes ofcourse
VO: for what?
Me: to pursue masters In general public health
VOsad he checked my i-20 ).what course did you study at undergraduate level
Me: medical laboratory science
VO: gave a nod,and sstarted typing fast, your undergraduate school?
Me: Lautech
VO: ok. How did u hear about this school and y going to US?
Me: my role model (prof.......)recommended d school and I ferreted internet to know more about the school. And i choosed to go to us because my father told me America is 6 yeas ahead of developing country in education,Moreover ,certificate from us is of higher recognition here in Nigeria.
VO: hmmmm, tell me how u were considered for admission?
Me: I was like eh!!! Because I no hear the man
Vo: I mean did u do standardized tests, admission process etc?
Me: oh! I did GRE Ielts and I sent my CV and personal statement of goal ,all to support my application.
VO: would u return back after your studies?
Me: definetly , going for master In public health is to have in depth knowledge on how to protect and improve people health which will culminate to healthier and stronger community both on local and global scale bla bla bla.. ........ ( made ref to Nigeria here )
Vo: typing more faster , looking for his pen at the angle where white paper is. Picked white paper ,aiit, who is your sponsor ?
Me: my dad
Vo : what does he do?
Me: hes a prof. Of medicine and he has a private hospital.
Vo: OHk,your visa is approved and u can bla bla bla ....
Me: thank you very much.
VO: u welcome
All just look like a mere conversation within 2mins.
Anyway its Gods grace and divine favour.
However,confidence also played key role.

Thanks to all gurus that edified me during d admission and visa application process.
Thanks a lot.
Best wishes to others going for their interview.
Congrats bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 11:36am On Oct 22, 2014
dotman2460:
Thanks for the advanced congratulations. I claim it with both hands.

God favor shall speak on our behalf. IJN. Amen

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
Obama is planning to issue 34 million green cards.
Who knows about this? Pls explain better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by exxy(m): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
decreamaster:
Who's coming to New York fellas

i'm coming to the big apple in December.
Staying a max of 3weeks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 2:11pm On Oct 22, 2014
I think this may only apply to illegal immigrants already living in the US.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2800356/us-immigration-authorities-prep-order-34-million-blank-green-cards-work-authorization-papers-obama-readies-executive-order-illegal-aliens.html

exxy:
Obama is planning to issue 34 million green cards.
Who knows about this? Pls explain better.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 2:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
coobboy:

Not yet man
Next week she said

Boss FedEx called my yesterday to come and pick up my I-20(Troy Uni.)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
Gbemmy121:
Please am bound for admission spring 2015 and am yet to pay my Visa fee. When exactly should I pay and how soon will have a date for interview. The school I had admission gave me Toefl waver and am advised to come and have a maths placement test over there that means I did not take Toefl and SAT and the most of all am 30 years old. Pls Advice me. Thanks
are you for undergraduate or masters
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
any fella heading to chicago 28th via emirates
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 4:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
MrRoYCe:

Boss FedEx called my yesterday to come and pick up my I-20(Troy Uni.)
Wow so fast?
They haven't given me admission yet though, till friday.
Check for errors on the I-20 and read all details closely oh, would you be going to the embassy soon?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by wale1470(m): 5:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
teddyrain:
any fella heading to chicago 28th via emirates
qater dec 25 chicago
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 6:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
Alhamdulilahi robil alameen. All praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.
Let me start by thanking all the gurus in the house, Morris, Aanowai, Bigfrancis & Idawz et al. I can't thank you all enough.
Visa approved today 22nd October, 2014
Time: 7.30am - Abuja - Window 9 (Although we didn't enter the embassy until some minutes to 10am because I forget my bank statement)
My transcript is as follows:

VO: Good morning (with a lovely smile)
Me & Wife: Good morning (My 15 months old son too struggled to say something)

VO: Pass me your documents
Me: I did (she started typing and she continued typing for like 2 mins)

VO: Where is your school?
Me: North Carolina

VO: Why did you choose the school?
Me: Of all the schools I visited when I was on holiday in the US, North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University has the best infrastructure and research facilities and the only one that offers my 1st choice concentration which is Cyber Security.

VO: Who is your sponsor?
Me: Myself

VO: Can I see your statement?
Me: I handed out my statements of account

VO: She looked at the statement carefully, flipping the pages and looking at the transaction history (she did this for like 2 mins)

VO: (She asked my wife to do fingerprint and I followed)

VO: Your visa has been approved (She said so many other things after that, like when we can enter the US, the documents to present at the port of entry but I wasn't listening because I was already overjoyed)

I pray for those going for their visa interviews to meet God's favour. I am really overjoyed now

She didn't ask for GRE, IELTS/TOEFL, Transcript or any other document for that matter apart from my bank statement. It's not by might but by prayer.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 6:51pm On Oct 22, 2014
Congratulations. Amen. Amen. Amen.

azeezbaba:
Alhamdulilahi robil alameen. All praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of athe worlds.
Let me start by thanking all the gurus in the house, Morris, Aanowai, Bigfrancis & Idawz et al. I can't thank you all enough.
Time: 7.30am - Abuja - Window 9 (Although we didn't enter the embassy until some minutes to 10am because I forget my bank statement)

Me: Of all the schools I visited when I was on holiday in the US, North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University has the best infrastructure and research facilities and the only one that offers my 1st choice concentration which is Cyber Security.

VO: She looked at the statement carefully, flipping the pages and looking at the transaction history (she did this for like 2 mins)

VO: Your visa has been approved (She said so many other things after that, like when we can enter the US, the documents to present at the port of entry but I wasn't listening because I was already overjoyed)

I pray for those going for their visa interviews to meet God's favour. I am really happy now

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2014
azeezbaba:
Alhamdulilahi robil alameen. All praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds.

I pray for those going for their visa interviews to meet God's favour. I am really overjoyed now

She didn't ask for GRE, IELTS/TOEFL, Transcript or any other document for that matter apart from my bank statement. It's not by might but by prayer.

UG OR MASTERS?

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.