Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,883 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (134) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (870068 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 9:15am On Nov 03, 2014
Folarge06:
house please can i go to the embassy with my 3yr old TOEFL result.

I think TOEFL expired after 2years, so I'm not sure if you can use it at the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:25am On Nov 03, 2014
PedigreeCity:
Every brass door being locked against ur destiny is quenched by the fire of the lord in the name of Jesus. Go and have ur testimony in Jesus name. It is well with you...

Amen...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 9:27am On Nov 03, 2014
Walspring:

Amen...
Sup brother, how parole.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 9:29am On Nov 03, 2014
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by PedigreeCity: 9:30am On Nov 03, 2014
dotman2460:
Hey Bro, when is your interview at the US Consulate?

U can pm me bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 9:33am On Nov 03, 2014
honeyad:

You don't need to show proof of land, house or anything as proof of ties.. Your verbal statement is enough.. Although if you are married with kids, you stand a better chance in the aspect of ties.

thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 9:36am On Nov 03, 2014
kunlebal:

Good question

I engaged in all these extra moral or remedial
classes (ie after high school courses ) It is not a
college level course. And doesn't award at least
certificate. And it is related to the field of study
that I wish to study, but gives a strong
background. But my greatest worry is the VO will
be suspicious on how can one spent 5 yrs on
remedial course while the main field of study will
take 4yrs. Maybe I should use after high school, I
had protracted illness that lasted for years,
thereby reducing the 5yr period in remedial
course? Please gurus in the house mek una add
more ingredients to this soup!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 9:49am On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

Let's be blunt bro.. 5 years cannot be spent on extra moral classes.. The VO is not a fool.. These people are psychologist, when you talking about extra moral... What exactly are you talking about? For example If you are an intending computer engineering student and you have been doing courses on computer repairs nd stuffs, you can easily talk your way though without even having any certificate to proof... But when you saying extra moral and what you are doing doesn't even have a pratical aspect.. Then I pray you won't be thrown off balance by the VO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 9:50am On Nov 03, 2014
Folarge06:
house please can i go to the embassy with my 3yr old TOEFL result.

Don't even think or try it after 2yrs weda paper or internet.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 9:51am On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

Tell us what you are actually doing for the past 5 years, forming reason for you will not really help you if you don't tell us what you actually happened in the last 5years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by technolee(m): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2014
GboyegaD:

Great and beautiful place. I got an offer there last year but choose some other schools. Wish you the best and please try to enjoy the mountain sceneries.
Not only the sceneries bro, I am gonna teach them soccer. Watch out for me on air! Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:26am On Nov 03, 2014
technolee:
Not only the sceneries bro, I am gonna teach them soccer. Watch out for me on air! Thank you

soccer man... Well same dream here too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:28am On Nov 03, 2014
kunlebal:

Sup brother, how parole.

brother parole on board.. I will call you later in the day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 10:30am On Nov 03, 2014
Walspring:

brother parole on board.. I will call you later in the day
No prob
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 10:50am On Nov 03, 2014
honeyad:

Let's be blunt bro.. 5 years cannot be spent on extra moral classes.. The VO is not a fool.. These people are psychologist, when you talking about extra moral... What exactly are you talking about? For example If you are an intending computer engineering student and you have been doing courses on computer repairs nd stuffs, you can easily talk your way though without even having any certificate to proof... But when you saying extra moral and what you are doing doesn't even have a pratical aspect.. Then I pray you won't be thrown off balance by the VO

thanks bro. But base on ur instance, is the computer repair a foundation or university- level course in computer engineering? Do you think that a non-higher education institution offers this course? this is because I need to make VO understand that I haven't undertaken a university- level course but have an experience from a non-higher education institution which is relevant to the field of study that I wish to attend. please I nid ur response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Elite001: 11:34am On Nov 03, 2014
GolfingDiva:
First of all, what's the name of your school?

University of Findlay, Ohio for Masters in Environmental Science & Safety Management
Also my school wrote Environmental Technology Engineering on my i-20 instead of Environmental Science & Safety Management.

Hope this won't affect my interview.

Interview in 2 weeks time.

Please advice.

Cc: Walspring, Bigfrancis, Zeezbaba et all.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 11:53am On Nov 03, 2014
kunlebal:

Tell us what you are actually doing for the past 5 years, forming reason for you will not really help you if you don't tell us what you actually happened in the last 5years.

What I mentioned earlier was what actually happened.
l wish to major in mechanical engineering, for the past 5yrs after high school I undertook remedial or extral moral classes on these subjects physics maths chemistry f/math and English which are relevant to my major.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 03, 2014
Elite001:

University of Findlay, Ohio for Masters in Environmental Science & Safety Management
Also my school wrote Environmental Technology Engineering on my i-20 instead of Environmental Science & Safety Management.

Please advice.

Have your document corrected first. In addition, I wonder why you went for a school that requested for a deposit before issuing I20. Hope you know about their refund policy just in case.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 12:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

thanks bro. But base on ur instance, is the computer repair a foundation or university- level course in computer engineering? Do you think that a non-higher education institution offers this course? this is because I need to make VO understand that I haven't undertaken a university- level course but have an experience from a non-higher education institution which is relevant to the field of study that I wish to attend. please I nid ur response.

You not being straight bro... Tell us the course you wanna go for and what u considered as extra moral classes... Be plain and let the gurus give you the right advice that would see you through your interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
Elite001:

Please advice.

Have your document corrected first.

In addition, I wonder why you went for a school that requested for a deposit before issuing I20.

Hope you know about their refund policy just in case. What major was written on your Admission Letter? If it's the same on your I20, you go with it. Then you change it when you get to the US.

Almost all the VOs like Ohio. I still can't figure why but I guess it has to do with Obama.

Who is your sponsor?

You've got a great chance though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2014
Elite001:

Please advice.

Have your document corrected first.

In addition, I wonder why you went for a school that requested for a deposit before issuing I20.

Hope you know about their refund policy just in case. What major was written on your Admission Letter? If it's the same on your I20, you go with it. Then you change it when you get to the US.

Almost all the VOs like Ohio. But I still can't figure why.

That Embassy is really hot especially Lagos, these guys almost denied me last year on tourist visa but was somehow lucky. Almost lost my cool with the VO. Had to raise my voice cheesy

Now I'm scared of returning there for f1 visa.

All visa categories are important to them cheesy

Who is your sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeyad:

You not being straight bro... Tell us the course you wanna go for and what u considered as extra moral classes... Be plain and let the gurus give you the right advice that would see you through your interview
l wish to major in mechanical engineering, for the
past 5yrs after high school I undertook remedial
or extral moral classes on these subjects physics
maths chemistry f/math and English which are
relevant to my major. So please what's the smartest procedure to follow?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

Where on earth do high school graduates keeps attending extra moral classes for 5 good years ? That can be used to Attain a university degree? I sent you a pm... Reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
Elite001:

Please advice.

You have just two options below;

1, ask your school to correct it to what it suppose to be there.

2, If they don't correct it before 2 weeks time, just fill what is on your I-20 in your ds160 because its your I-20 that the VO will have automatic access to and that's the fastest way to see the course you are going for.

I hope this will help you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeyad:

Where on earth do high school graduates keeps attending extra moral classes for 5 good years ? That can be used to Attain a university degree? I sent you a pm... Reply

Sorry to interfere on this.... Maybe he failed courses and repeated classes and that was why 5 years is involved.... gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gozychuks(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2014
coobboy:

I don't think applying for a diploma course whereas you are a GRADUATE, would get you a visa in the US embassy.
As a graduate, what they expect you to do is to apply for masters (and should be in line with your previous course(Environmental technology you know)), procuring a visa with a diploma's admission (I-20) would make your chances really sore.
So I'll advice you apply for masters, basically where your brother stays, use google to search for schools it would help more
But know you'll have to write standardized test though if your school requires it or not (also for embassy purpose if asked) writing a standardized test would increase your chances of procuring a visa.

I'm sure the bosses would have a say on your question, just sit back.

What's the least budget fo msc I.e tuition fee. Am looking @ Sandiego California
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 03, 2014
Walspring:

Sorry to interfere on this.... Maybe he failed courses and repeated classes and that was why 5 years is involved.... gringringrin
This kind of person can easily get his visa after he might have finetuned his skills here. So I am not laughing at him, but would rather give him some tips on how to succeed.

Self-sponsor will do the magic. Another is body language and then, finally, is at least a standardized test.

All in all, 5 years is not so much if he's really busy and can demonstrate it during the interview. After all, someone with 6 years gap got his visa for Bachelor's Degree.

Indeed, it's never too late to learn.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 4:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
technolee:

Good for you. Wish you the best and pray your dreams come true.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
portelli:

Is this what you intend telling the VO or this is the real situation?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Morris(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
My visa transcript at lagos today 6.30am appointment. Woke up around 2am left for the embassy by sharp 4am. The male vos where denying alot of people. This my 4th time of visiting the embassy. consistency and prayers are very important.
Vo(a lady): Goodmorning
Me: Good morning.
Vo: Why did chose to study at NC a&t state university?
Me: from my intensive research on the internet this school... (vo cuts in)
VO: don't resight all you have practiced. I bone face told her no I took a lot of time to research on this school and my professor who is an alumia of this school recommend this school to me because I want to concentrate on polymer chemistry and this school truly has a rich curriculum in this area of concentration I.e polymer chemistry. She shake her head (Main na physiologist the lady be. She wan throw me off balance so I will forget my lines incase I memories it lolz I laught her in German language) but I still finished my statement(boldness is necessary).
Vo: she smiled and asked me your uncle is sponsoring you?
Me: said yea dou my school also gave me a GTA with partial tuition remission + a stipend.
Vo: she ask for the letter.
Me: I gave her the letter.
After going through it.
Vo: did you write gre?
Me: yes gave her my result.
Vo: can I see your academic transcript?
Me: Of course yes gave her and she shake her head again.
Vo: U where denied student visa last year?
Me: yes gave her some cool explanation that I wanted to go for a second degree in Bus Mgt because I had passion for it, but I was refused visa and my uncle and my professor in school counsel me to be a master in my field first and later I should go for MBA. And I took the advice and worked on it.
Vo: smiled again (this time she come they more cute me I smile small too lolz)
Vo: Morris congratulations go and pick your visa on Thursday balaablabla.... lolz. Visa approved

I GIVE A VERY BIG THANKS TO GOD AND TO BIGFRANCIS MY BEST FRIEND AND ALSO AZEEZBABA MY PADDY FOR AGGIE PRIDE. AND TO ALL NL MEMBERS UNA TOO MUCH. ONE LOVE ALL.

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 5:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
Morris:
My visa transcript at lagos today 6.30am appointment. Woke up around 2am left for the embassy by sharp 4am. The male vos where denying alot of people. This my 4th time of visiting the embassy. consistency and prayers are very important.
Vo(a lady): Goodmorning
Me: Good morning.
Vo: Why did chose to study at NC a&t state university?
Me: from my intensive research on the internet this school... (vo cuts in)
VO: don't resight all you have practiced. I bone face told her no I took a lot of time to research on this school and my professor who is an alumia of this school recommend this school to me because I want to concentrate on polymer chemistry and this school truly has a rich curriculum in this area of concentration I.e polymer chemistry. She shake her head (Main na physiologist the lady be. She wan throw me off balance so I will forget my lines incase I memories it lolz I laught her in German language) but I still finished my statement(boldness is necessary).
Vo: she smiled and asked me your uncle is sponsoring you?
Me: said yea dou my school also gave me a GTA with partial tuition remission + a stipend.
Vo: she ask for the letter.
Me: I gave her the letter.
After going through it.
Vo: did you write gre?
Me: yes gave her my result.
Vo: can I see your academic transcript?
Me: Of course yes gave her and she shake her head again.
Vo: U where denied student visa last year?
Me: yes gave her some cool explanation that I wanted to go for a second degree in Bus Mgt because I had passion for it, but I was refused visa and my uncle and my professor in school counsel me to be a master in my field first and later I should go for MBA. And I took the advice and worked on it.
Vo: smiled again (this time she come they more cute me I smile small too lolz)
Vo: Morris congratulations go and pick your visa on Thursday balaablabla.... lolz. Visa approved

I GIVE A VERY BIG THANKS TO GOD AND TO BIGFRANCIS MY BEST FRIEND AND ALSO AZEEZBABA MY PADDY FOR AGGIE PRIDE. AND TO ALL NL MEMBERS UNA TOO MUCH. ONE LOVE ALL.
congratulations.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 5:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
GolfingDiva:
This kind of person can easily get his visa after he might have finetuned his skills here. So I am not laughing at him, but would rather give him some tips on how to succeed.

Self-sponsor will do the magic. Another is body language and then, finally, is at least a standardized test.

All in all, 5 years is not so much if he's really busy and can demonstrate it during the interview. After all, someone with 6 years gap got his visa for Bachelor's Degree.

Indeed, it's never too late to learn.

l understand u perfectly clear bro. But not that I engaged only in extra moral classes for 5yrs! NO. I even attended this class on part time basis. I also work full time. Unfortunately this job is totally informal and also presenting job related matter may give a wrong impression to the VO that my intent is to immigrate. Besides that, I've submitted the DS-160 stating that I engaged in foundation level course w/o including the type of work that I've been doing since 2009. So house what should I do.

Conversely, is it compulsory that I must be asked what I have been doing after graduation? At times this is a game of luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.