Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867228 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 2:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
adeyeni86:
I didn't go in with any fake document. I just desire to leave and go for my masters asap. I have plans to consider canada but I have faith to put things right with the US consular. I was a novice when I used the agent then. Now, after deferring my admission with murray, I've been on it myself without any help. I need to know what's to be done to get ds right ds last time.

To be candid with you, consistency matters alot when it comes to getting a US visa. You really don't need change things or lie in any sort about what you have filled in your ds160 earlier, lieing about your brother and uncle was a terrible mistake that could be traced, on the day of my interview, a guy told the VO his brother was a graduate of the university he choosed, without any delay.. The VO told him to write his brothers name on a sheet of paper, low and behold.. He gave him history of his brother that he did not come back after his graduation, he threw a simple question at him., how am I sure you are gonna come back after your studies? The guy went off balance.. End of interview... Anything that has to do with DS-160.. I beseech you to always be straightforward and if there's a slight upgrade, be ready to defend yourself on it.

Above all, favor from God stands in.. Pray for it.. I pray you will get your visa this time... You can drop your past transcript if you remember so gurus on this thread can put you through some of your errors.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adeyeni86(f): 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2014
VO morning
Me good morning
VO how did you find out abt the school?
Me while I was an undergraduate my professor told me he had series oo conference at murray coupled with my chat with joanne farley the admission assistant.I concluded I've made the right choice with their standardised educational system.
VO what do you understand by education
Me I was dumbfounded here, cos I've never came across such interview question. I gave her my answer but she doesn't look convinced.

She later asked for my sponsor which I told her about my dad and his farm business. I don't think she believe a farm business can make millions or maybe I wasn't convincing enough.
My interview ends here with a denial.

Pls can someone help me out and help figure out where the problem is.
Is country tie the only issue attached to section 214b cos if ds no relative issue has been tagged then am in for ds shit.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by adeyeni86(f): 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2014
Are you saying I should switch to noo relative and find a way of defending my switch earlier. If I had known better, agent would ve been a no go area for me. This visa refusal has cost me so much. My uncle not happy about my denial at all, felt he would ve done something if only I told them I had a relative.

Please I need your advise on this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 4:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
adeyeni86:
VO morning
Me good morning
VO how did you find out abt the school?
Me while I was an undergraduate my professor told me he had series oo conference at murray coupled with my chat with joanne farley the admission assistant.I concluded I've made the right choice with their standardised educational system.
VO what do you understand by education
Me I was dumbfounded here, cos I've never came across such interview question. I gave her my answer but she doesn't look convinced.

She later asked for my sponsor which I told her about my dad and his farm business. I don't think she believe a farm business can make millions or maybe I wasn't convincing enough.
My interview ends here with a denial.

Pls can someone help me out and help figure out where the problem is.
Is country tie the only issue attached to section 214b cos if ds no relative issue has been tagged then am in for ds shit.

Sorry about your denial, to be candid with you, you need to be prepare psychologically for any question, especially questions that relates with your school, course of choice, your transcript and your sponsor... These are the major aspect of the interview where questions Comes from.. Secondly you need to answer in a way that will not spring forth supporting questions... For example if you were asked what is your sponsor's occupation.. You just don't answer he's a business man like you said he's a farmer.. Give your answer packaging... He's the CEO of bleep bleep company, an industrialist focusing on agriculture,he exports this and that to different part of this and that... You don't stop until the VO tries to stop you with another question... That way you will easily buy the VO's heart and he will be more convinced that you know what you are saying...

Relating to your response on why did you choose the school... How did you know you make the right choice? Because you spoke with the admission assistant? Did you speak with anyone from your faculty?If your professor did not go through the school.. Would you have researched the school?

Calm your nerves, do more research.. Possibly mail your department professor, get an insight of courses you will be doing.. Know the course codes and stuff... You will do your self more favor with that..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
honeyad:

To be candid with you, consistency matters alot when it comes to getting a US visa. You really don't need change things or lie in any sort about what you have filled in your ds160 earlier, lieing about your brother and uncle was a terrible mistake that could be traced, on the day of my interview, a guy told the VO his brother was a graduate of the university he choosed, without any delay.. The VO told him to write his brothers name on a sheet of paper, low and behold.. He gave him history of his brother that he did not come back after his graduation, he threw a simple question at him., how am I sure you are gonna come back after your studies? The guy went off balance.. End of interview... Anything that has to do with DS-160.. I beseech you to always be straightforward and if there's a slight upgrade, be ready to defend yourself on it.

Above all, favor from God stands in.. Pray for it.. I pray you will get your visa this time... You can drop your past transcript if you remember so gurus on this thread can put you through some of your errors.
Yeah, that's a very good point. VOs will always want to kick you off balance. cheesy

Even in my time, though it was tourist but it was obvious that the VO wanted to deny me visa.

He focused a lot on my brother. I told him that he lived in Houston. He asked if he was a citizen, i heard to change my tone and finish him cheesy

I told him I can't really say if he's a citizen because we hardly discuss that. We only discuss about politics. How Obama's been turning around things cheesy

Second, I am not going to America to stay. That I'm only visiting and would be staying for just 10 days cheesy

Third, I am very much busy. Sir, just to go and return. The man was looking into my eyes and I had to behave like a toddler and started laughing cheesy

The next thing i heard was that your visa has been approved blah blah.

Got outside but weren't so happy. I was like what's so special about the US? Is the US the best country in the world? If not because of our government's mischievous, they should be begging to come to Nigeria.

You can take the VO to your direction if you know to play the game.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
You need to be truthful this time Adeniyi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
Joe, you have not apologized and you're still smiling abi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2014
richard4ssky:
Hello house I went to fine out what payment method is use for paying service fees, is it western union or master card. If is western union I hop I can make payment by 1st bank cause I was at the bank today and they told me that they can send money by western union hop am good to go. so Was your advice

Please don't try it with first bank.... my 37k is still hanging there till now... It been two weeks I tried paying for SEVIS there too..... contact walspring or stevecrun, they should be able to help you out

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2014
honeyad:

I beseech you to always be straightforward and if there's a slight upgrade, be ready to defend yourself on it..

Slight upgrade though..... lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 6:45pm On Nov 09, 2014
GolfingDiva:
Hello, the school is okay but for Embassy here in Nigeria, I cannot ask you to gamble. Though, gambling is part of the game.

Get a better school for your studies, once you bypass these guys, you can only always switch back to your prefered choice of school.
Now I understand better, thank noted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
slimmy05:
Joe, you have not apologized and you're still smiling abi.
Hahaha. Why won't i smile? The best way to get what you want is to act as if you don't need it.

I have shifted my attention to immigrant visa cheesy

Not sure if these guys would give me F1 visa oh this time.

Though I am preparing for GRE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
slimmy05:
What's the rift or back and forth about? Also walspring, Francis studied Electrical Undergraduate.

Don't waste your time on these lots, they have concluded already. They are looking for who to side their incompetence. The best for you now is to focus on your visa and don't bother yourself with these people on here.

The trend has shifted from CC to graduate going for another undergrad and they do not want to write standardized test. All applying for waiver letter like its automatic visa having it. Stevecrun, I see you. In Terry G's voice "Oga"!

Like I do. lols

Whats up?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
Michael1000:
Thanks all for your comment , please I never wanted my question to cause rift between you guyz .

All I wanted was a clarification, I finished wif a CGPA 3.17 from Futa & the so- called agent I went thru due to my lack of exposure on travelling said, US education is strict , so he got an undergraduate admission for me .
So pls , am not a lazy person neither am I running away from writing standardise test..... am a novice abt travelling , so I had to open up for your suggestion.

So sorry for the long story. #LoveYouGuyz#

Am I correct or I can't even read anymore.

Stop saying agent and/or traveling. It's appalling hearing that words from so called STUDENT.

How can you wanted to school if you can't search that school by yourself. Saying you're a novice about traveling is in fact irritating. Do you just want to travel or you want to school (education)?

How can someone gives you an undergrad admission in place of grad admission with lot of bull crap excuses and you considering taking the bullshiit from him?

Abegi free my reactions! angry angry

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ajibayo4: 6:16am On Nov 10, 2014
please gurus in the house; which schools are considered Red flags and how those this affect VISA.
please what documents are required to show support from your sponsor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 8:20am On Nov 10, 2014
Please my people in the house. I have an issue and I want you to help me with advice or anything. I have gotten admit from a school in Illinois for my graduate study and I have already gotten assurance of full financial support from my elder sibling and visa before his business had issue. So it's obvious financial support will be difficult but I can't allow my hard earned visa go like that. I'm thinking of going like that with the small $3k he promised to provide and my program is suppose to commence by January for the upcoming spring semester. Ive not travelled out before and I don't have friends or siblings or relative in the US that I can lean on. What should I do? Is the risk of still going to US worth it? What if the school ask me to pay fees before writing exam. I'm really in a fix now I don't know what to do. How do Nigerians with in my kind of situation survive in US? If I can get a PM it would be most welcomed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 10, 2014
Hi guys, good morning. Please a friend of mine wants to study Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering and so, he needs schools that do not require WES and Standardized tests for Admission. Look forward to hearing from you guys. Thank u!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2014
VISA APPROVAL NOTICE: Details coming soon

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2014
imperiouxx:

Like I do. lols

Whats up?
Boss am good. How's your end, ought to have gotten back to you. Walls trying to sort some things out as I don't want to get things mixed up. Will give you feedback when am done. How's our wife?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:
congratz

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 10:06am On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:
Congrat bro

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:
Congrats man cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:42am On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:

Congratulations..!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 10:45am On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:

Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 10:59am On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:
congrats bro

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2014
Walspring:

Congratulations..!!!
bro we don reach oh
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:02am On Nov 10, 2014
coobboy:

bro we don reach oh

we don reach as how? i no grab your post?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 11:03am On Nov 10, 2014
Walspring:

we don reach as how? i no grab your post?
i tell you say i dey travel na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 11:04am On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:
Congratulations bro. Go and [color=#006600][/color] EXCEL

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 11:05am On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:
Congratulations bro. Go and EXCEL

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:08am On Nov 10, 2014
coobboy:

i tell you say i dey travel na

Oh okay but my mind skip it cos alot on my mind.. when you coming back?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:13am On Nov 10, 2014
If i didn't reply your pm, am sorry because i don't have access to reply my mails now but i can only read my mails and i will reply it soon...

Please bear with me..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by laboldkid(m): 11:35am On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:
I felicitate with you bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.