Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,419 members, 7,836,673 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (871934 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziii(m): 11:38am On Nov 10, 2014
Hello guyz hw can I obtain the yellow card?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 11:46am On Nov 10, 2014
Thank GOD for his faithfulness and mercy
I was scheduled for 6:30am, 10th November, 2014 (today) at the Consulate general office in Lagos.
I arrived early enough, around 5:22am. We went through the normal security checks and were ushered in before 7 o'clock. While on queue, I met a man that's been in the US for 15 years, we got talking and I saw he's no ordinary man grin. We exchange cards and he gave me his US number. Please, be genial and amiable always. Don't undermine anybody you meet.
>>>Fast forward>>>
Me: Good morning (with a brisk but prepossessing smile)
V.O: Good morning. You are going for what course?
Me: I am going for a Master degree program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
V.O: Which state are you heading to?
Me: New mexico state
V.O: Why New Mexico state?
Me: When I was applying for my Master program, I considered states that the cost of living is reasonable for me, that I can afford. The weather in the state is also good, similar to what we have here in Nigeria. So adapting will be easy for me.
V.O: You have a first degree here in Nigeria?
Me: Yes sir
V.O: What course
Me: Electrical Engineering
V.O: Same as what you are going for now?
V.O: When did you finish and what have you been doing since then?
Me: I finished in 2010 from Univ....and immediately after my studies I went for my NYSC program where I worked as a secondary sch teacher, just before I finished service, I got employed by my current employer
V.O: Where do you work
Me: Told him
V.O: What do you do?
V.O: What softwares do you use?
V.O: Do you own or rent your house?
Me: I rent. But my Dad has a house in our state
V.O: How much do you earn per month?
Me: 228k
V.O: Are you married?
Me: No sir, but I have a fiancé
V.O: How old are you
V.O: How do you plan paying your fees?
Me: I was awarded an International scholarship by my school worth $10,759
V.O: Who pays for the remaining?
Me: I will do that sir
V.O: (Looked at me like: this guy is independent mehn)
Me: I have a good income, hence a good savings
V.O: (Took my documents aside and gave me a white paper). Go to this address on Friday.........
Me: Thanks

I stepped out with a wide grin greeting every security personnel I met on the way.

NB: No document was asked, not even my bank statement, payslips, test score sheets nor scholarship letter.

Thanks to everybody that has assisted me one way or the other since I joined this thread in 2012. Special thanks go to my good friends (more than just friends); Bigfrancis and Ashigolo. Also, God bless Imperioux, MsNas, Babsharon, Walspring, Slimmy, Fadinus (my bloodar), Zeezahbee, Yvete et al. The list is endless. GOD bless you all.

Key is; Pray, fast, prepare early, don't be intimidated by denials you see for people before you. Denial is never for you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 10, 2014
Walspring:
If i didn't reply your pm, am sorry because i don't have access to reply my mails now but i can only read my mails and i will reply it soon...

Please bear with me..
Please answer my question above. And Slimmy too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dotman2460: 12:01pm On Nov 10, 2014
Congratulations bro, all the best.

Dot1:
I was scheduled for 6:30am, 10th November, 2014 (today) at the Consulate general office in Lagos.
I arrived early enough, around 5:22am. We went through the normal security checks and were ushered in before 7 o'clock. While on queue, I met a man that's been in the US for 15 years, we got talking and I saw he's no ordinary man grin. We exchange cards and he gave me his US number. Please, be genial and amiable always. Don't undermine anybody you meet.
>>>Fast forward>>>
Me: I am going for a Master degree program in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Me: When I was applying for my Master program, I considered states that the cost of living is reasonable for me, that I can afford. The weather in the state is also good, similar to what we have here in Nigeria. So adapting will be easy for me.
Me: I finished in 2010 from Univ....and immediately after my studies I went for my NYSC program where I worked as a secondary sch teacher, just before I finished service, I got employed by my current employer
V.O: (Took my documents aside and gave me a white paper). Go to this address on Friday.........

I stepped out with a wide grin greeting every security personnel I met on the way.

NB: No document was asked, not even my bank statement, payslips, test score sheets nor scholarship letter.

Thanks to everybody that has assisted me one way or the other since I joined this thread in 2012. Special thanks go to my good friends (more than just friends); Bigfrancis and Ashigolo. Also, God bless Imperioux, MsNas, Babsharon, Walspring, Slimmy, Fadinus (my bloodar), Zeezahbee, Yvete et al. The list is endless. GOD bless you all.

Key is; Pray, fast, prepare early, don't be intimidated by denials you see for people before you. Denial is never for you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1,congrats and enjoy your stay in New Mexico.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:
>>>Fast forward>>>
Thanks to everybody that has assisted me one way or the other since I joined this thread in 2012. Special thanks go to my good friends (more than just friends); Bigfrancis and Ashigolo. Also, God bless Imperioux, MsNas, Babsharon, Walspring, Slimmy,
Fadinus (my bloodar), Zeezahbee, Yvete et al. The list is endless. GOD bless you all.
Bro Congratulations ....enjoy ur stay in Obamaland

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 12:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
Walspring:

Oh okay but my mind skip it cos alot on my mind.. when you coming back?
december 4
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 12:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
Thanks all for the well-wishes. I am glad. Please keep them coming grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by STENON(f): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:
Bro...Congrats, Congrats and congratulations on your visa approval.. Go and set a new record in New Mexico, I wish you the very best frm Obama's land.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
coobboy:

december 4

good to know that you landed safe..

Your whatsapp is offline, hope no problem
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:

Thanks to God and enjoy your stay in obamaland...

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 1:29pm On Nov 10, 2014
GolfingDiva:
Please answer my question above. And Slimmy too.

sorry can you post it again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by younique10: 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
Gurus in the house...what do u think of these schools
University of South Dakota and
University of Wisconsin,whitewater
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:

Congrats bruh! cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:

Congrats bro...... Go and possess the land.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 2:35pm On Nov 10, 2014
Please, what are the pros and cons of choosing to land in the Port of Entry (POE) of Houston (IAH). Seems it has been discussed here before that it's stricter than JFK. Please, help shed more light on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 10, 2014
Walspring:

sorry can you post it again?
You've just behaved like my father. My friend needs some schools that do not require TOEFL or GRE for Admission into masters degree in Mechanical Engineering please. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2014
GolfingDiva:
You've just behaved like my father. My friend needs some schools that do not require TOEFL or GRE for Admission into masters degree in Mechanical Engineering please. Thanks.
abti American university, Yola. North American University, Hudegbe. Atlantic International university, Okija. Hope it helps

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2014
slimmy05:
abti American university, Yola. North American University, Hudegbe. Atlantic International university, Okija. Hope it helps
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by princejeffery: 4:00pm On Nov 10, 2014
does it mean that no murray state university student here? am really scared oo nobody in school to reach about the housing staff
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by freshskillz: 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
hello house,pls I need an urgent reply.......I am Adenuga Abimbola,I was offered an admission in the USA and I will be going for my visa interview this month.........my problem is I have an indian student visa on my passport,hope the visa officer cant tackle me with this?,what if the visa officer tackles me with it what can I say?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 4:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
nikas0005:
I brought this story here for people like walspring and slimmy05 to stop confusing people when they ask question , give ur own advis.e . Although this story is not me but just to encourage someone
My wife and I migrated to the U.S in 2010 immediately after completing my National Youth Service year. All I had was $400 and a B.Sc Sociology certificate. 3 months after arriving in the U.S; I got a job at a retail store, working as a back room team member. A month after getting a job at that retail store, I picked up another job at restaurant few miles from each other. I worked almost 80hr/week standing on my feet, my experience at both jobs was horrible but I had to do it to save up some money to rent an apartment. On 16, Nov. 2010 we got a 4 bedroom house instead of an apartment (a miracle I plan to share another day). On 23rd of December 2010 I quit one of my jobs at the retail store and waited for some months to have my one year residency complete before going to school.

Fast forward to August 2011.

Started another undergrad studies- Computer Information Systems (Undergrad again? Do you know what you are doing? IT is saturated, all IT jobs have been outsourced, why not apply for a masters in Social work or nursing? why waste your time) These and many other discouraging remarks were made to me, I disregarded them, isolated myself from their gathering and pursue my dream.

I graduated in May 2014 and today, I am an Information Security Analyst working with the World's Largest Independent Claims Management Company with over 700 offices in 70 countries.

People are always there to discourage you
Challenges of life will test your faith

Now it is obvious you got no business on this thread. It is best you keep quiet when you have nothing meaningful to write than make a mess of yourself. Does the story you quoted apply to one traveling with a student visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2014
freshskillz:
hello house,pls I need an urgent reply.......I am Adenuga Abimbola,I was offered an admission in the USA and I will be going for my visa interview this month.........my problem is I have an indian student visa on my passport,hope the visa officer cant tackle me with this?,what if the visa officer tackles me with it what can I say?

Is the visa fake? If no,why should u need the house to tell you what you will say?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by freshskillz: 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2014
The visa aint fake,my fear is if he/she asks why I want to go to USA why not India.....................please all I need is a back up statement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by younique10: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
freshskillz:
The visa aint fake,my fear is if he/she asks why I want to go to USA why not India.....................please all I need is a back up statement

Well...just say that the States is more developed and provides more opportunities for you. Key it down to something...let's say they have better equipments which would support you and your major.
So why go to India when you can get better education from studying in the States. Moreover,studying in a developed country will give you the knowledge on how to make your country better.
I hope this helps.Goodluck wink

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by freshskillz: 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
honeyad:

Is the visa fake? If no,why should u need the house to tell you what you will say?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by younique10: 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2014
younique10:
Gurus in the house...what do u think of these schools
University of South Dakota and
University of Wisconsin,whitewater

Can someone help on this undecided undecided undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 4:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dot1:
Please, what are the pros and cons of choosing to land in the Port of Entry (POE) of Houston (IAH). Seems it has been discussed here before that it's stricter than JFK. Please, help shed more light on this.

Not much difference except that IAH is more strict with food and often times your bag may go through more checks.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2014
Pls house do my guardian needs to sign my I-20 before going for interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Elite001: 5:07pm On Nov 10, 2014
Walspring:
If i didn't reply your pm, am sorry because i don't have access to reply my mails now but i can only read my mails and i will reply it soon...

Please bear with me..

Hello my Oga walspring, Please help your brother.

I have admission in Findlay Ohio,
I have not traveled out before and I don't have friends or siblings or relative in the US that I can rely on. What should I do? Is the risk of still going to US worth it? What if the school ask me to pay fees before writing exam. I'm really in a fix now I don't know what to do. How do Nigerians with in my kind of situation survive in US? If I can get a PM it would be most welcomed.

Walspring please reply me by PM.

Other gurus in the house input(s) will be well appreciated too.

Thanks in earnest.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
Folarge06:
Pls house do my guardian needs to sign my I-20 before going for interview.
Yes, if you're below still a teenager
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2014
younique10:

Can someone help on this undecided undecided undecided
the schools are ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.