Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,137 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866081 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 7:06pm On Dec 10, 2014
Reading posts on NL has now become an addiction despite the victory. I hail everyone here. I now have a virtual online family - Nairaland

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 8:03pm On Dec 10, 2014
Congrats to those that got their visas so happy.... this thread de help gan.....nice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by phemix: 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
@Walspring,

Sorry 2hear abt yur denial bro, the truth is you would get it, jes the needful and ggo and get your VISA bro!

@all who jes got their visas,

I say a big congrats, better things are coming....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jascymone(m): 10:47pm On Dec 10, 2014
@idazbawz i celebrate u brother.HBD Long may your chimney smoke!
pls i ll like to ask few important questions:
1.Can a school give admission to student even if asked to submit proof of financial support and bank statement for the past 6 months and there is no much money that can cover the amount as required by them for a full year expenses. ****kinda confused with that****
2. When can they possibly demand for the bank statement? Is it when am done with the submission of all other document or during the course of the application submission
3. Is it possible for some schools not to ask for the bank statement?
i am currently working towards admission for my masters come fall 2015. Pls i ll be waiting for a comprehensive detail on these.
Thanks beautiful people
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:19pm On Dec 10, 2014
phemix:
@Walspring,

Sorry 2hear abt yur denial bro, the truth is you would get it, jes the needful and ggo and get your VISA bro!

@all who jes got their visas,

I say a big congrats, better things are coming....

Thank you sir and i will work on the needful and go get my VISA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Goodig33: 11:57pm On Dec 10, 2014
Pls house, what is the best way of getting U.S visa? I have been going to UK for the past two years now. Pls advise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by seangy4konji: 12:24am On Dec 11, 2014
Please can the house help me with GRE/IELTS/TOEFFL materialsohhlasis@yahoo.com...will be greatly appreciated...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:40am On Dec 11, 2014
seangy4konji:
Please can the house help me with GRE/IELTS/TOEFFL materialsohhlasis@yahoo.com...will be greatly appreciated...

Send a blank or empty message to selfstudy360@gmail.com

Follow the response and download the materials
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 1:06am On Dec 11, 2014
jascymone:
@idazbawz i celebrate u brother.HBD Long may your chimney smoke!
pls i ll like to ask few important questions:
1.Can a school give admission to student even if asked to submit proof of financial support and bank statement for the past 6 months and there is no much money that can cover the amount as required by them for a full year expenses. ****kinda confused with that****
2. When can they possibly demand for the bank statement? Is it when am done with the submission of all other document or during the course of the application submission
3. Is it possible for some schools not to ask for the bank statement?
i am currently working towards admission for my masters come fall 2015. Pls i ll be waiting for a comprehensive detail on these.
Thanks beautiful people
In most schools, the bank statement does not affect admission offer, however, your I20 will not be issued without a sponsor's bank statement. The amount reflecting on your Bank statement must also be seen as capable of funding your studies for one academic year. Bank statement does not determine if you will be given admission or not. Offering admission is one thing and issuing I20 is another ball game that is hinged on ability to pay school fee which will reflect on your BS.
It is possible for some schools not to ask for bank statement, that depends on some factor like if you have been given full ride scholarship, otherwise, it is a NO NO!
I hope this has addressed your questions and possibly allay your fears.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 1:32am On Dec 11, 2014
Hi guys,

My I-20 is scheduled to arrive by the 18th of this month. I am yet to pay for SEVIS or or visa appointment. School is resuming on the 9th of January. Do you think it is still possible to make the nnecessary payments, book a visa appointment and flight ticket before that date.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by seangy4konji: 1:52am On Dec 11, 2014
Making up my mind but i think i am gunning for a us masters...need to cancel gre/gmat/toefl first...going through threads..

God bless nl and every one here...i understand the sevis now,and and few disturbing things...chai...

Journey of a thousand miles begins with a bold step.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jascymone(m): 5:56am On Dec 11, 2014
innovativeame:

In most schools, the bank statement does not affect admission offer, however, your I20 will not be issued without a sponsor's bank statement. The amount reflecting on your Bank statement must also be seen as capable of funding your studies for one academic year. Bank statement does not determine if you will be given admission or not. Offering admission is one thing and issuing I20 is another ball game that is hinged on ability to pay school fee which will reflect on your BS.
It is possible for some schools not to ask for bank statement, that depends on some factor like if you have been given full ride scholarship, otherwise, it is a NO NO!
I hope this has addressed your questions and possibly allay your fears.
Thanks brother and congrat on your visa approval
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:17am On Dec 11, 2014
Femicrux:
Hi guys,

My I-20 is scheduled to arrive by the 18th of this month. I am yet to pay for SEVIS or or visa appointment. School is resuming on the 9th of January. Do you think it is still possible to make the nnecessary payments, book a visa appointment and flight ticket before that date.

Thanks.
yes you can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 6:27am On Dec 11, 2014
Please every body I heard that. The new law at the embassy now is that DS-160 confirmation number that you were given after you must have completed your visa application ONline must tiley with the one on your appointment confirmation printout ,otherwise no interview for the applicant.please someone share more light on this.Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:29am On Dec 11, 2014
udeyokay:
Please every body I heard that. The new law at the embassy now is that DS-160 confirmation number that you were given after you must have completed your visa application ONline must tiley with the one on your appointment confirmation printout ,otherwise no interview for the applicant.please someone share more light on this.Thanks
yes, it was effective from december 1st, dont go with a different ds160 number or else you will be bounced
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 8:44am On Dec 11, 2014
zeezahbee:
yes you can

zeezahbee, pls can you elaborate. what steps should I be taking now while waiting for the I-20?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 8:50am On Dec 11, 2014
Femicrux:

zeezahbee, pls can you elaborate. what steps should I be taking now while waiting for the I-20?

Thanks.

Bro book a date and stop expecting i-20 tell your school to scan to you....since it has been issued no wahala it was a scanned i-20 i took to my interview on the 26th and while fedex held up my original....thats my advice 19th os to far...where you wan see date?.better book now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by lockupman(m): 8:54am On Dec 11, 2014
Same here o

innovativeame:
Reading posts on NL has now become an addiction despite the victory. I hail everyone here. I now have a virtual online family - Nairaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Femicrux: 9:03am On Dec 11, 2014
jakeharris:

Bro book a date and stop expecting i-20 tell your school to scan to you....since it has been issued no wahala it was a scanned i-20 i took to my interview on the 26th and while fedex held up my original....thats my advice 19th os to far...where you wan see date?.better book now

Thanks for ur response. I'll send them an email immediately. Would I need to have a sevis number or show evidence that I have paid sevis fee before booking a visa appointment date?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dgman11234: 9:55am On Dec 11, 2014
udeyokay:

That is the normal thing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 11, 2014
innovativeame:
bro..my interview myt be next week..remember me?..I didn't get ur call again..
Pls,I don't want to discuss such an issue on NL..Thankz boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 10:00am On Dec 11, 2014
jascymone:
Thanks brother and congrat on your visa approval
Thanks to Almighty God. you will succeed IJN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 10:04am On Dec 11, 2014
SuperMartins:
bro..my interview myt be next week..remember me?..I didn't get ur call again..
Pls,I don't want to discuss such an issue on NL..Thankz boss
Please, pm me your number, i was robbed in a bus last night , I lost my phone. People on this thread really helped me,similarly, I will do anything legitimate to help. I am sorry for the tardy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 11, 2014
innovativeame:

Please, pm me your number, i was robbed in a bus last night , I lost my phone. People on this thread really helped me,similarly, I will do anything legitimate to help. I am sorry for the tardy.
Oh! So sorry man..really sorry..am gonna pm u d number..
Sorry again for the unfortunate expirience
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jascymone(m): 10:53am On Dec 11, 2014
innovativeame:

Thanks to Almighty God. you will succeed IJN.
AMEN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jcaribie: 11:01am On Dec 11, 2014
shogsdogg:
Hello House,

Initially I booked an appointment for a specific date ,however due to errors on my ds160, I had to cancel my appointment
Now I have booked another appointment and I also requested for emergency appointment due to resumption date

At this time,my emergency request has been approved
I was instructed by mail to reschedule for an emergency appointment by cancelling my appointment(again)

Please I want to know if i am permitted to cancel my appointment TWICE.
I dont want to forfeit my Visa application fee!!!
Hey, do not cancel your current appointment more than two times. Wait for the embassy to open the portal for you to choose dates from, then you can cancel on that day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 12:17pm On Dec 11, 2014
innovativeame:

wow. So sorry about that. What actually happened cos we were still chatting till around that time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jakeharris(m): 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
Femicrux:

Thanks for ur response. I'll send them an email immediately. Would I need to have a sevis number or show evidence that I have paid sevis fee before booking a visa appointment date?

You only need d sevis no for i-20 to book a date and another advice pay your sevis today...... asin today so that it would reflect before monday....and how many admissions did you get?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jascymone(m): 12:48pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hello Gurus in the house, I will like to ask if a masters student wasnt given GA/TA/RA the first year, Is there any possibility of him/her getting a GA/TA/RA the second year and please what are the requirements for obtaining GA/TA/RA or any of the scholarship the second year
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by SF9ja: 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 1:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
Pls help a brother here having issues, If for instance I have visited the states before do I have to go through the process of filling a neu DS160. Form and if the data I fill differs from the previous one say like email address would it affect my chances.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 1:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
Can anyone pay for my visa fee?! Like different email addresses for both the visa fee payment and my DS160 confirmation page, am having an hard time here help me out

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.