Stats: 3,154,664 members, 7,823,879 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (869231 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mzzdorah(f): 2:00am On Dec 18, 2014
sandfield:
hello,how can one go to the US embassy in Abuja from Utako?

From Utako take a cab/bus to wuse and from there take Anoda cab to center area us embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:04am On Dec 18, 2014
@layo23

It depend some is 24 hours (1 day) while some 48 hours (2 days) while some 72 hours (3 days)

Are you saying the ds160 code you filled and submitted is different from the one you used when filling the appointment date form?

If i may ask,do you book the appointment yourself

But you can update and correct it yourself but you will need to forfeit your interview day in order for the ds160 to be update in your appointment date sute and its the same thing the U.S embassy will email you in their reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:10am On Dec 18, 2014
Mzzdorah:

From Utako take a cab/bus to wuse and from there take Anoda cab to center area us embassy

Sorry to ask are you Abuja based
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mzzdorah(f): 2:16am On Dec 18, 2014
Walspring:

Sorry to ask are you Abuja based

Yes!!! newly joined
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:21am On Dec 18, 2014
Mzzdorah:

Yes!!! newly joined

Wow!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Welcome on board.. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mzzdorah(f): 2:33am On Dec 18, 2014
Walspring:

Wow!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Welcome on board.. grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin smiley smiley Tanx dear
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:28am On Dec 18, 2014
Walspring:

You can buy their material at any of the British council around you or you send blank message to selfstudy360@gmail.com and follow the response.

if you stay in lagos i can copy to your flash drive or memory card because the file too big for all the materials on my lappy and it will consume my data MB..

I will really appreciate it if if you can, Walspring. I stay in Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by layo23: 5:30am On Dec 18, 2014
Walspring:
@layo23

It depend some is 24 hours (1 day) while some 48 hours (2 days) while some 72 hours (3 days)

Are you saying the ds160 code you filled and submitted is different from the one you used when filling the appointment date form?

If i may ask,do you book the appointment yourself

But you can update and correct it yourself but you will need to forfeit your interview day in order for the ds160 to be update in your appointment date sute and its the same thing the U.S embassy will email you in their reply
Ha! My interview date is still in january,wen I try to update its doing error dt I should email d embassy.It was a mistake I book appointment mysef.It means my date will be postponed?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by layo23: 5:33am On Dec 18, 2014
Faraidi:
cancel it and do it yourself.
Do u mean I should cancel it an reapply again my sch resumes jan don want to get late date
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 18, 2014
Walspring:

You can buy their material at any of the British council around you or you send blank message to selfstudy360@gmail.com and follow the response.

if you stay in lagos i can copy to your flash drive or memory card because the file too big for all the materials on my lappy and it will consume my data MB..

I will really appreciate it if you can, Walspring. I stay in Lagos.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:35am On Dec 18, 2014
DARKLIGHT:

I will really appreciate it if you can, Walspring. I stay in Lagos.

where in lagos do you stay?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 6:41am On Dec 18, 2014
jenns:

Like what range bro.
I booked on Sunday to Chicago for $875 but currently it's $2,444.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:42am On Dec 18, 2014
layo23:
Ha! My interview date is still in january,wen I try to update its doing error dt I should email d embassy.It was a mistake I book appointment mysef.It means my date will be postponed?

You will need to cancel your date in order for you to update it either yourself or through the embassy..

After you cancel your interview date, just click on new application, when you get to the stage or step where you input your data page details, date of birth, full names, address, school name and sevis id number etc. U will see ds160 confirmation code, just clear the code there and put the new code and click continue.

By doing that it will update.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by layo23: 6:47am On Dec 18, 2014
Walspring:

You will need to cancel your date in order for you to update it either yourself or through the embassy..

After you cancel your interview date, just click on new application, when you get to the stage or step where you input your data page details, date of birth, full names, address, school name and sevis id number etc. U will see ds160 confirmation code, just clear the code there and put the new code and click continue.

Thanks I hope I won't get late date dis time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by layo23: 6:48am On Dec 18, 2014
Walspring:

Thanks I hope I won't get late date dis time or it will still be dsame date I hv b4
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 7:05am On Dec 18, 2014
djmakson:
@sabiguy and @siriddy: I appreciate you guys. Thanks for educating me. I have been able to make my payment using Paypal. Information is KEY.

Wishing everyone in here success.
Well done bro, how much is d naira equivalent of ur GRE registration fee?. I hope I can register for 2015 on d ETS website now. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 8:16am On Dec 18, 2014
MsNas:

Congrats bro. Welcome to the Land of the free. As per what I said, my roomate, who is a GA with the International Students Office was the one that gave the the gist. She even told me that the schools knows who will get visas and who will never get it and those who just needs to convince the VO to give them the visa.

Why I'm saying this is so prospective applicants can put in the utmost best into their applications. She gave me example of a Nigerian guy who's SOP has a ton of grammatical errors!! He even swapped using he for female and she for male shocked Such was the error. Yet this person claimed he was coming in for graduate studies and had nailed a 97 in TOEFL. How manage? She said the International Students Coordinator just pointed out the errors in the SOP before uploading into the SEVIS website and told her categorically that "This guy can never get a visa"

Your visa decision starts from the moment you put in the application for admission. Don't do standardized tests for embassy's sake. The VO will know you never used the test in securing the admission, cos it won't be among the documents the school uploaded unto the SEVIS website. Be consistent, any information you use in securing the admission should barely change from the one used for visa interview. I don't know it all. Just chipping in my bit.

Once again, Congrats JabinodelaRatta. You deserved it, so do shakara today cheesy
@bolded...I couldn't agree with you more. It is absolutely true! the reason I gave for my choice of the school in my SOP was the exact same reason I told the VO for choosing the school.

In fact, the decision to accept me by the school was based on my SOP, recommendations, and test score; to the extent that a faculty emailed me, telling me how my application impressed him and he would want me to join his research group. I noticed that before they received my academic transcript, they had made their decision on my acceptance.

Thanks MsNas!! no be small shakara I don do....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 18, 2014
Chei...I am always happy to see your post here anytime because of one thing: IT WILL ALWAYS BE REASONABLE AND USEFUL. The thunder wey go fire any hinderance wey go prevent your coming to this thread just pass out from NDA. I hope you keep on doing this and making giant strides in your aspirations. E ku ise.
MsNas:

Congrats bro. Welcome to the Land of the free. As per what I said, my roomate, who is a GA with the International Students Office was the one that gave the the gist. She even told me that the schools knows who will get visas and who will never get it and those who just needs to convince the VO to give them the visa.

Why I'm saying this is so prospective applicants can put in the utmost best into their applications. She gave me example of a Nigerian guy who's SOP has a ton of grammatical errors!! He even swapped using he for female and she for male shocked Such was the error. Yet this person claimed he was coming in for graduate studies and had nailed a 97 in TOEFL. How manage? She said the International Students Coordinator just pointed out the errors in the SOP before uploading into the SEVIS website and told her categorically that "This guy can never get a visa"

Your visa decision starts from the moment you put in the application for admission. Don't do standardized tests for embassy's sake. The VO will know you never used the test in securing the admission, cos it won't be among the documents the school uploaded unto the SEVIS website. Be consistent, any information you use in securing the admission should barely change from the one used for visa interview. I don't know it all. Just chipping in my bit.

Once again, Congrats JabinodelaRatta. You deserved it, so do shakara today cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 8:29am On Dec 18, 2014
Bro, do u mean VO will see your application on his system? If so, that's on another level mehn. Maybe that's the reason they don't ask for documents anymore cos you must have submitted almost everything during the school application.
JabinodelaRatta:
@bolded...I couldn't agree with you more. It is absolutely true! the reason I gave for my choice of the school in my SOP was the exact same reason I told the VO for choosing the school.

In fact, the decision to accept me by the school was based on my SOP, recommendations, and test score; to the extent that a faculty emailed me, telling me how my application impressed him and he would want me to join his research group. I noticed that before they received my academic transcript, they had made their decision on my acceptance.

Thanks MsNas!! no be small shakara I don do....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 8:39am On Dec 18, 2014
JabinodelaRatta:

Congratulations bro, wish u d best. Please I av some questions for u, what are ur gre n toefl scores?, is ur year of graduation d year u completed NYSC or d year u finished in school? Thanks n Congrats once more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 8:42am On Dec 18, 2014
Yes bro...I submited everything. The truth is, I don't know how they (embassy) do it, they have information on those things.
repsin:
Bro, do u mean VO will see your application on his system? If so, that's on another level mehn. Maybe that's the reason they don't ask for documents anymore cos you must have submitted almost everything during the school application.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2014
Thanks bro... gre 312 (QA/V combined), toefl 93 although it is not a requirement for my school. Your year of graduation is the year you completed your degree program.
Glocal1:
Congratulations bro, wish u d best. Please I av some questions for u, what are ur gre n toefl scores?, is ur year of graduation d year u completed NYSC or d year u finished in school? Thanks n Congrats once more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 8:54am On Dec 18, 2014
House where can I get winter wears in lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 8:56am On Dec 18, 2014
JabinodelaRatta:
Thanks bro... gre 312 (QA/V combined), toefl 93 although it is not a requirement for my school. Your year of graduation is the year you completed your degree program.
I hope I won't have issues at d embassy o, I finished in sch 2007/08, but did NYSC 2009/10, considering d time lag till 2015. I'm planning to write GRE Feb, 2015 n apply for Fall.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 9:07am On Dec 18, 2014

Congrats bro, excel n design better jets. Why did he ask abt ur secondary sch when u r a graduate, felt he should av asked when u grad from uni? Did u get any funding from ur school? Thanks n enjoy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by juniorsmith: 9:08am On Dec 18, 2014
I requested for an emergency appointment on Monday,only thing I provided was a scan copy of I-20 because the original is still on transit,and will get to me certainly by Friday.The problem is,will the accept the scan copy or should I wait for the original to arrive and reapply for an emergency appointment?...I need mature minds to comment on these.And the school will resume 18/01/15.Will there still be time for that?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 9:12am On Dec 18, 2014
I just pray d VOs grant everyone their visas, as Xmas n new year bonanza. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by frankarecords: 9:24am On Dec 18, 2014
Plz house does who paid sevis fee from firstbank nig how did u go about it.plz explain becos I don't want to make mistakes.thanks and God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by frankarecords: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2014
Do u need sevis recipt to book for the emergency booking?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2014
juniorsmith:
I requested for an emergency appointment on Monday,only thing I provided was a scan copy of I-20 because the original is still on transit,and will get to me certainly by Friday.The problem is,will the accept the scan copy or should I wait for the original to arrive and reapply for an emergency appointment?...I need mature minds to comment on these.And the school will resume 18/01/15.Will there still be time for that?
You need the hard copy I20 to take to the embassy. Which courier service did your school use? Do you have an idea when it will arrive?

But if your questions relates to if you can use your scanned copy i20 to apply for emergency appointment, yes you can. But for embassy, you need the hard copy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by landuseact: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2014
juniorsmith:
what about your sevis fee payment receipt? i used a scanned copy of the 1st page of my i-20 that was sent to me from my school while the i-20 was still in transit and uploaded it along with the sevis fee receipt. pls be fast about it because last i checked 22nd-24th December were still available
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 18, 2014
frankarecords:
Plz house does who paid sevis fee from firstbank nig how did u go about it.plz explain becos I don't want to make mistakes.thanks and God bless.
yes you need the sevis receipt to book for emergency appointment. You can tell your friends in US to assist you. It would fast with that route.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69