Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,850 members, 7,824,537 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (869319 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry359(m): 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2015
toluhere:
Good day great people. I'm considering the following schools for petroleum engineering MSc.
Texas a and m college station
Louisiana u, Lafayette
North Dakota su
New Mexico institute of tech
I want to pick the best two that has funding opportunities. Please which ones will u recommend as per funding?
Please help me comment fast o. Deadline is February 14.

YOU must go online to the websites or contact the university and investigate scholarships.
Only the admissions office can give an accurate answer.
Anyone here is repeating rumour or guessing!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
OjaP:
I have said this so many times on here. I will repeat it again. Do not come to America with the hope that things would sort itself out. At the minimum, have your tuition for 2 semesters (unless you have a scholarship) and not just come here hoping that one family member will house you or cater for you. That won't happen.

In agreement with BigFrancis, I have noticed that those who have relatives in the U.S are the ones always complaining. Why? Because they are expecting too much from their uncles or aunts and get disappointed when that doesn't happen. Many of us here came to America without knowing anybody. I slept in the hotel for several days when I newly came before I got an apartment of my own. I knew what I was coming to do in America and was well prepared and wasn't expecting help from anybody. As bitter as this might sound, having enough money is the way. You don't need anyone.

Also, some people come here and study some courses that are not in high demand. I am always an advocate of STEM, any day, any time. I got a job because I was a STEM major. Just yesterday, Kpolli announced here that he got a job too in the West Coast - most likely in the Silicon Valley or the Bay Area, because that is where things happen in the IT world. Although, there are some people who finished school and still haven't gotten their dream jobs, but they are still managing some where, any how because they went to school. Some even went further to pursue a PhD. A good Nigerian-American girl would even be ready to marry you if she knows you have an advanced degree. That would make your searching easier as well.

Overall, bring enough money when coming here and complete your studies. If you have no money, then be prepared for the worst and don't blame any uncle or aunty for that. Everyone is on their own in America.

What's STEM.. And ave wanted to ask. What course fetches money in d US. I hear business related courses are not too good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 5:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
toluhere:
@slimmy05 @zeezah. @bigFrancis @MsNas
pls help me with this issue.
I'm considering the
following schools for petroleum engineering MSc.
Louisiana u, Lafayette
North Dakota su
I want to pick the best two that has funding
opportunities. Please which ones will u recommend
as per funding?
Please help me comment fast o. Deadline is
February 14. Yes I took GRE and TOEFL and the results were not bad.

It's best you visit the school pages individually and read up on their chances of funding. Though, you'll be more assured of funding if you were to go for PhD than MSc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

What's STEM.. And ave wanted to ask. What course fetches money in d US. I hear business related courses are not too good.

If you actually read a couple more posts beyond his post you would have seen where STEM was explained.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Classicalmusic: 5:24pm On Jan 21, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

Nice smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bolade005: 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2015
Kennyrony, have you heard from Troy. Reply my PM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

IT related courses are in great demand. Pali will qualify you for interview, what you can do will get you the job.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by elkharpone: 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
edmondwill:

thank you sir.
Sir SAT result expires after 2years please don't get misinformed, confirmed it from the SAT office.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

If you actually read a couple more posts beyond his post you would have seen where STEM was explained.

Just saw it. Something about nursing tho 70% of Nigerians in d us end up becoming a nurse... Nursing is very tiring nd annoying.

Can remember my mum gisted me how one old oyibo woman tear her slap cause she came to find out why she was arguing with her junior colleague. people ave suffer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 5:37pm On Jan 21, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

Just saw it. Something about nursing tho 70% of Nigerians in d us end up becoming a nurse... Nursing is very tiring nd annoying.

Can remember my mum gisted me how one old oyibo woman tear her slap cause she came to find out why she was arguing with her junior colleague. people ave suffer

Yea. The thing is nursing pays quite well here in the US. My uncle's wife works as a nurse, 12 hours a day, 3 days a week with at least $40 an hour. Then she gets off for the rest of the week. Nursing is a well-paying field kinda most easy for new immigrants to the US to move into - at least for the financial comfort that comes with it. The initial training runs for a couple of months, I think. After which you can start working as a nurse. Then you can take nursing classes part time to get an associates degree (for 2 years) or bachelors degree (for 4 years) for advancement in your career as a nurse. When your options are slim as a new immigrant, the available becomes the necessity.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by elkharpone: 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
coobboy:

For as long as 5 years
Wrong 2years Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jan 21, 2015
tayhur009:
@Slimmy05 How far bros, I sent you an email concerning what we discussed and I'm looking forward to ur reply. Thanks
hey bro, don't worry. I am trying to fix things here. Would be good next week. Sorry for the wait
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
Troy needs to have representative in Nigeria, its seems to be the easiest escape route cheesy grin tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
juntod:
Hi everybody, a friend of mine got her visa approved on Monday last week and was asked to pick up her passport on Thursday. She got there but was told her passport is still with the consulate. She's been calling and checking online, but the status remains "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate". Another website says "Administrative hold". The call center guys are not revealing any information as to what the issue is. I will like to know if she can walk into the consulate to speak with someone directly. If this is possible, what does she need to do to be able to walk in?

CC: e.t.c
A friend too had the same issue. No cause for worries. She should email the school for extension letter just incase they ask at POE. I came a day after my resumption, I wasn't asked anything. Just fingerprint and passport thats all

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 21, 2015
house, which website can I get used cheap books?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
Pls. Is anyone an immigrant here. From d influence of a family member. Wanted to ask about this DNA testing stuff. Know this is d wrong thread. Just asking tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 6:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:
Pls. Is anyone an immigrant here. From d influence of a family member. Wanted to ask about this DNA testing stuff. Know this is d wrong thread. Just asking tho
Got my immigrant visa last year and wasn't asked to do any dna testing. Photographs and some other documents to show you related will come handy though
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bolade005: 6:14pm On Jan 21, 2015
slimmy05:
Troy needs to have representative in Nigeria, its seems to be the easiest escape route cheesy grin tongue
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jan 21, 2015
boofydon:
Got my immigrant visa last year and wasn't asked to do any dna testing. Photographs and some other documents to show you related will come handy though

Didn't have any tho undecided. Its almost over. Having my swab in two weeks. Its been a frustrating moment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
juntod:

OK, it can just be a soft copy in the email right? abi dem need to mail hard copy?
Requesr email soft copy.

Spring semester must have been over before mailed copy get to naija

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:29pm On Jan 21, 2015
What is your GRE score?

Texas a&m is ok and they provide good funding, that I know . But what's your GRE and toefl score.
toluhere:
@slimmy05 @zeezah. @bigFrancis @MsNas
pls help me with this issue.
I'm considering the
following schools for petroleum engineering MSc.
Louisiana u, Lafayette
North Dakota su
I want to pick the best two that has funding
opportunities. Please which ones will u recommend
as per funding?
Please help me comment fast o. Deadline is
February 14. Yes I took GRE and TOEFL and the results were not bad.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by boofydon: 6:30pm On Jan 21, 2015
chukwumaebenmel:

Didn't have any tho undecided. Its almost over. Having my swab in two weeks. Its been a frustrating moment
oh undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by elkharpone: 8:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
slimmy05:
Lol, why do you say so??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 8:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
slimmy05:

Lmao @Sllimmy05...... You think say na yaba market u dey ? Ogbeni go buy original textbook before amerika EFCC break your balls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 8:17pm On Jan 21, 2015
elkharpone:
Wrong 2years Sir
Nope that's for TOEFL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 8:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
slimmy05:

Try chegg..On the other hand, some books are available for free online on sites like scribd
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Obodo oyibo no be beans o. Forget all the fine fine roads and houses you dey see for film. Stress dey for here. By the time stress and work knack you busy 18 hours a day, 7 days a week, you no go even remember say the place fine again. angry Naija even make sense sef if you get money. cheesy

I really wished my Mum was on NL make she see this your post ooooo.. Instead of her telling me to hustle for yankee , she wakes me up every morning with this statement.. .Femi ! Femi!! Femi!!.... Keep your balls with passion over there oo.(Sa fun obinrin)

No more sampling again .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by elkharpone: 8:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
coobboy:

Nope that's for TOEFL
yes TOEFL is 2years but SAT is not 5years...I confirmed it from the SAT office... if you still doubt me go and confirm it at the SAT office.
peace!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 8:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
slimmy05:
Honestly.. make dey even employ me as there representative for nija
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 8:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
slimmy05:
No vex ufanami, this one no interest me at all. Anything that doesn't add or substract from me doesn't matter to me at all. I just dey tired since I arrive, plenty Waka full my leg and here no be metropolitan city. It's either you get a ride or you walk home. The bus system doesn't head my way. Now I appreciate Naija for this. cheesy It can embrace the poor mildly.

And for help. Lol, that era don pass. Now Na self learning.

I dey see as you dey take pishure with those your chics o, pass me one now.
ufan, I will post them via DHL, all I need is the cash to post them. God will see you through, He that started a good job with you will surely complete it. Do not be dismayed, Challenges will only make u stronger. Missing ya though #No homo!#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
Bolade005:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
kennyrony:

Honestly.. make dey even employ me as there representative for nija
you want make justwise ban you abi

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.