Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,109 members, 7,811,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (313) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866071 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2015
Really? Maybe there has been some changes since the last time I paid for the test. I had to use a paypal for mine.
nedum360:
You don't need a PayPal account if you have a visa card. Even if you wanna open a PayPal account, a master card from any bank offering internet banking would suffice.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 23, 2015
kennyrony:

Bros d tuition fee too high $41,300 per year.

OK but it's for only one year. Not up to a year even. Sorry anyway, thought I was helping out. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 10:07am On Jan 23, 2015
slimmy05:
TOEFL is easier. But IELTS is accepted depending on the school. TOEFL is generally accepted. I will advice you write TOEFL.
Thanks bro, hope u v got a place, best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 10:09am On Jan 23, 2015
nedum360:

Do your school research, know the requirements of each school and decide on the one to write. Be sure to choose schools with similar requirements. In my own opinion, the odds favour toefl because it's easier, straight forward n more acceptable even in Canada. Ielts is important if you wanna do Canadian immigration.
Thanks, I'll go for d Toefl.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Glocal1: 10:13am On Jan 23, 2015
sirRiddy:
Really? Maybe there has been some changes since the last time I paid for the test. I had to use a paypal for mine.
@SirRiddy, please can u help me with a copy of d personal statement book. Thanks. I'll send a pm, tho I don't know how d pm works.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 11:47am On Jan 23, 2015
sirRiddy:

There are two options. Either visa or PayPal. I've used my naira visa card from zenith n union several times in the past. N they both worked. It's master card that isn't acceptable. That's y people with MasterCard open PayPal to enable them do online transactions. The card could be from any bank not necessarily gtb. Provided they have internet banking facility.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by nedum360: 11:55am On Jan 23, 2015
bignyash:

OK but it's for only one year. Not up to a year even. Sorry anyway, thought I was helping out. grin

Big nyash u not try oo! grin. Your brother they find shortcut, you wan lead am fall inside well. You don't spend that kinda money on mushroom schools na! Advise the guy to go write GRE na!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2015
profjah how far I am waiting for a reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2015
dicapino:
profjah how far I am waiting for a reply.
I've replied you boss....check ur mail
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
@Profojah, hope u got the materials I sent?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
innovativeame:
dey jog down bro. Can't wait to have u here

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by asadiaboymma: 7:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
Please u guys should respond

Hi Everyone! Please I need some help on how to write a strong statement of purpose. Please those that are already graduate students especially in an Engineering related field should please help.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
innovativeame:
Noooo boss..
I just dey refresh my mail since....didn't see any
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
slimmy05:
dey jog down bro. Can't wait to have u here
Yess boss..I can't wait either. ..Enjoy bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mckenziiiii: 10:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
Hello guys cheesy[color=#006600][/color]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kebinee: 11:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
Sorry im late, followed this thread for years.my visa was granted on the 31st of december, no documents asked, community college
had a couple of errors that i taught wuld matter but didnt matter at the end. this was my first time applying for a visa and i know there were certain things i did that gave me a good stand and most of all Gods favour. dressing matters,being audible matters>>if possible be loud and confident>and always remember to keep an eye contact it matters

me; season's greeting, gave her my passport and ds160

vo; can i hv ur i20

me;gave her

vo; do u have a relative in the state your going to

me; yes

vo; whose your sponsor

me; my uncle here in nigeria

vo;what does he do

me; his a recently rtd general

vo; how many children those he have

me; mentioned

vo;how old is the oldest and where did he school

me;canada

vo; what do u plan on doing after this degree

me; lots of job opportunities here in nigeria and i know a couple of friends who have studied and are back home with good paying jobs so i'll most definitely be back here

keeps my passport and ds160 aside and gives me my i20 and a pick up letter. congrats your visa has been approved.

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by castrotroy80: 4:08am On Jan 24, 2015
Gurus in the house abeg my younger brother wants to study masters in US, although he's an HND holder... So he tried to apply in a school in US but was denied. The school told him they dont accept HND. Please advice urgently needed on what we can do and also are there schools that accept HND.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ikuyinminu(m): 5:47am On Jan 24, 2015
It's appalling when prospective students are scared of writing GRE. Don't let lazy negative people discourage you. If you can sit for both GRE and TOEFL, please do. If there's anything.. it widens your opportunity of getting atleast a school and help your visa application.
We shall celebrate. *already singing One Directoon | Goodlife*
xxxx

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by osahons9(m): 5:55am On Jan 24, 2015
Instead of writing gre and get assistantships, they are looking for schools that doesn't require standardized tests. When they come to USA, body go tell those when no get money. You'll wish you were in 9ja.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 9:05am On Jan 24, 2015
osahons9:
Instead of writing gre and get assistantships, they are looking for schools that doesn't require standardized tests. When they come to USA, body go tell those when no get money. You'll wish you were in 9ja.

Hello does writing the GRE mean you a prospective student would get assistantships? is it certain.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 9:10am On Jan 24, 2015
House would I be able to write the toefl on an environmental sanitation day. I registered for Jan 31st 10am. I am on my way to check it out Apostolic secondary school. My 180 dols must not waste ooo!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 24, 2015
dicapino:

Hello does writing the GRE mean you a prospective student would get assistantships? is it certain.
It could fetch you a GA from Nigeria. But you can get a GA probably after your first semester. Depending on the slots available.

Schooling in US is very expensive. It's in your best interest to get a GA or Tuition Scholarship. It's in abundance in my school. Like 80% either have a TS, GA or RA. Everyone in my class have some sort of funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:35am On Jan 24, 2015
castrotroy80:
Gurus in the house abeg my younger brother wants to study masters in US, although he's an HND holder... So he tried to apply in a school in US but was denied. The school told him they dont accept HND. Please advice urgently needed on what we can do and also are there schools that accept HND.
which course does he want to do? Is he particular about a state? Does he have the time to evaluate his transcript via WES or ECE?

What's his GPA? Let me know then I could be of assistance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 10:01am On Jan 24, 2015
slimmy05:
It could fetch you a GA from Nigeria. But you can get a GA probably after your first semester. Depending on the slots available.

Schooling in US is very expensive. It's in your best interest to get a GA or Tuition Scholarship. It's in abundance in my school. Like 80% either have a TS, GA or RA. Everyone in my class have some sort of funding.

Siu carbondale....right...I would be applying for the fall dere.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:02am On Jan 24, 2015
dicapino:

No. ETSU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mosezky: 10:22am On Jan 24, 2015
pls which sch accept waec result for undergraduate course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dcutey: 11:08am On Jan 24, 2015
dicapino:
House would I be able to write the toefl on an environmental sanitation day. I registered for Jan 31st 10am. I am on my way to check it out Apostolic secondary school. My 180 dols must not waste ooo!

Yes you will be able to write it, just make sure you get to the venue before 7am (before sanitation starts). I did mine on a sanitation day.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bayocanny: 11:12am On Jan 24, 2015
mosezky:
pls which sch accept waec result for undergraduate course
A lot of schools accept it, make google your friend
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 11:35am On Jan 24, 2015
dcutey:

Yes you will be able to write it, just make sure you get to the venue before 7am (before sanitation starts). I did mine on a sanitation day.

Yeah I just got back. I would have to be up early. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Gozychuks(m): 11:52am On Jan 24, 2015
slimmy05:

Please what sch are you in. I am preparing for GRE 3rd week of next month
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 24, 2015
dicapino:

What is a GA? please include me ooo. I want. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 24, 2015
Gozychuks:

Please what sch are you in. I am preparing for GRE 3rd week of next month

I am studying for the gre too but I wont be taking it till maybe july or first week of august. I am struggling with the exam? Can we study together? Where are you at? I have magoosh. What school are you looking to apply to?
smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.