Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866149 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 12:33am On Feb 21, 2015
slimmy05:
I am masturbating.

God pass you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 21, 2015
Thanks Slimmy.
slimmy05:
If you have any questions or difficulty as regards your admission then let it out. Let know where to help you from. But first make use of Google.com. We are one here and I bet you will learn better when you research a little. I did and a couple did too.

In as much as we all got information and help here, we sure did our assignment too.

I wish you guys all the best and a successful admission decision and funding. Awon goons in Terry G's voice "Oga"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 1:08am On Feb 21, 2015
kollygean:
Hello Pals... I have my appointment date on 23rd of this month seeking for student visa... i need your prayers though im not afraid because i know i will be favoured that day by God's grace. i will share my experience after i got my visa....... Based on belief grin
Amen, make sure you read and take in people's interview transcript from the previous pages and threads. GOODLUCK
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:35am On Feb 21, 2015
GboyegaD:

It depends on what you call enough funding though. Most funding depends on the department as such it varies. In some departments, it comes with tuition waiver while in some, it doesn't. In all, what matters most is that the funding can pay your tuition and living expenses.
How is the possibility of transferring from masters to PhD. I should round up a session by December. I want to know if I can get admission straight to PhD with the one year transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 2:01am On Feb 21, 2015
slimmy05:
How is the possibility of transferring from masters to PhD. I should round up a session by December. I want to know if I can get admission straight to PhD with the one year transcript.

Masters here vary in their duration and I know they take one year Masters into PhD programs however, the possibility of transferring from a Masters to a PhD is what I truly cannot tell. If it is a core science program, I would encourage you to get in touch with your intended supervisor because they determine who get admitted and moreso, I know they transfer from one program to the other easily because their research can be continued with ease. If it is non-science, it will depend on your discussion with the graduate program director.
I would also advise you talk to them about the possibility of resuming next Fall and see if you can round up your program by Spring if they tell you it is impossible to transfer from your Masters program.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:15am On Feb 21, 2015
GboyegaD:

Wow! Ours ends tomorrow. We had a great weather this year and the snow break is awesome. Today was sunny in Lethbridge and I got back to Calgary this night and the weather is awesome as well.

Hahaha the eastern coast is something else oo. PEI, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia are now snowbank grin I've only gone to class like 10 times this semester, snowstorms like every 2 days, they just extended the semester by a week because of the many cancellation of classes. angry

Sometimes, I wonder if Canada is actually part of this planet Earth.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GboyegaD(m): 5:53am On Feb 21, 2015
Amefrica:

Hahaha the eastern coast is something else oo. PEI, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia are now snowbank grin I've only gone to class like 10 times this semester, snowstorms like every 2 days, they just extended the semester by a week because of the many cancellation of classes. angry

Sometimes, I wonder if Canada is actually part of this planet Earth.

It is part of the earth. Just dress well for the weather and look forward to summer. Hope you have plans to enjoy your reading week.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:08am On Feb 21, 2015
GboyegaD:

It is part of the earth. Just dress well for the weather and look forward to summer. Hope you have plans to enjoy your reading week.

I know haha. Yea, thanks bro. Stay classy! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ikuyinminu(m): 7:10am On Feb 21, 2015
Coming on this thread/forum.. I only posted twice.. then I went back and read almost all the past threads.. starting from 3rd.. that's because I believe no one owes me anything... if there's something I am not sure of.. I will ask. But I noticed repetition of questions by different persons and I wonder why they don't check if it has been touched before.

Good day!
Have you heard "Humanity must help himself first before seeking for help from others"

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Emiratekey(m): 7:42am On Feb 21, 2015
Good morning......... I have a working permit in dubai and I work for 8month later came to Nigeria to apply for conference visa which I was denied 2 times it now 7 month now...... am having another invitation letter from my cousin in America that want me to attend his wife birthday in 20th of June. My questions is can I apply for the visit visa and what do I need to do pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:58am On Feb 21, 2015
slimmy05:

Hmm.
Since you didn't get a straight PhD usually you'd have to wait till you finish your masters modules before moving on to the PhD.

If your school has a transitioning program then it'll take just 3 years to get the PhD as you'd be taking only the advanced courses missed out in the MS degree and work on your dissertation.

About transferring to a PhD program in another school with a one year transcript .
Never heard of that. PhD admissions are holistic and usually faculty based so it's not just a matter of applying. Faculty availability, research fit and interest matters because as a PhD student you're actually more of a 'researcher' than a 'student'

I think you'd have to finish your masters and then start the process of applying to PhD programs that suits your research interests.

However you'd have to ask yourself why you want a PhD.
Apart from the better career choices it gives, It's longer and more difficult. And of course there's the money factor ie pressure from naija parents to send money after one or two years in the US when you'd still be a student with little income. So you have to know that part now.

Generally, It's a trade off bro. PhDs are potentially rewarding but very frustrating in the short term. Like really really frustrating. Especially with naija folks and our drive to make it sharp sharp.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:04am On Feb 21, 2015
@sirriddy
Did you send me a copy of your sop?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 21, 2015
ebdib:

Hmm.
Since you didn't get a straight PhD usually you'd have to wait till you finish your masters modules before moving on to the PhD.

If your school has a transitioning program then it'll take just 3 years to get the PhD as you'd be taking only the advanced courses missed out in the MS degree and work on your dissertation.

About transferring to a PhD program in another school with a one year transcript .
Never heard of that. PhD admissions are holistic and usually faculty based so it's not just a matter of applying. Faculty availability, research fit and interest matters because as a PhD student you're actually more of a 'researcher' than a 'student'

However you'd have to ask yourself why you want a PhD.
Apart from the better career choices it gives, It's longer and more difficult. And of course there's the money factor ie pressure from naija parents to send money after one or two years in the US when you'd still be a student with little income. So you have to know that part now.

Generally, It's a trade off bro. PhDs are potentially rewarding but very frustrating in the short term. Like really really frustrating. Especially with naija folks and our drive to make it sharp sharp.

No one is expecting nothing from me. I just want to take advantage of age, that's all.

If I wanted the sharp sharp route, I don't think I have anything to do with school.

It spans from 3 to 5years. It won't be a bad idea once I get funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:13am On Feb 21, 2015
slimmy05:
No one is expecting nothing from me. I just want to take advantage of age, that's all.

If I wanted the sharp sharp route, I don't think I have anything to do with school.

Lol. Cool.

PhDs are usually funded.
Even schools know it's stupid not to fund a PhD.
So Most will accept students according to their budget. Due to this it can be quite a competitive process.

You'd see programs accepting just 2-5/70 applicants.
The advice I can give you right now is to
1. Make sure you have at least one publication now you're doing your masters.
2. Get as much research experience as you can.
3. Pally with professors so they can write letters of recommendation for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 8:45am On Feb 21, 2015
profojah:

Garri, Rice and Eba....
Profojah u funny die. Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:54am On Feb 21, 2015
mattkelly:

Them might not know a dime about this forum.maybe they where directed here by google,so they had to start from the scratch,So you can put them through,or if not,you can walk away.Thank You
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 21, 2015
slimmy05:

Hahaha. You're a very funny dude. But what you said is absolutely true concerning routes. Some folks would never know what's up till they start screaming for help. America is tough but tougher if you're not prepared.

Getting a company to file for you is even much tougher.

But with luck on one's side, impossible is nothing cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 21, 2015
slimmy05:
how far? What's the deal. Are you applying?
yea, i ave gotten my admission just working on getting the 1-20 n d rest. And u hope u are enjoying ur stay over dere?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:00am On Feb 21, 2015
kollygean:
Hello Pals... I have my appointment date on 23rd of this month seeking for student visa... i need your prayers though im not afraid because i know i will be favoured that day by God's grace. i will share my experience after i got my visa....... Based on belief grin
Amen Oo....summer or fall semester?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
Yes, I did.
ebdib:
@sirriddy
Did you send me a copy of your sop?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
sirRiddy:
Yes, I did.
SirRiddy...I saw something on your Fb wall, and I commented!...bro, *scratching head*...dunno what to say!..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 21, 2015
Lol. That is my little sister, so stop scratching your head. How prep?
profojah:

SirRiddy...I saw something on your Fb wall, and I commented!...bro, *scratching head*...dunno what to say!..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
sirRiddy:
Lol. That is my little sister, so stop scratching your head. How prep?
Nooo I'm talking about one material I saw!...it looks like Barron!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2015
Barron? What about the material? I am not sure I get you bro. Me no put no barron for da fb wall...smiley
profojah:

Nooo I'm talking about one material I saw!...it looks like Barron!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
sirRiddy:
Barron? What about the material? I am not sure I get you bro. Me no put no barron for da fb wall...smiley
Ok , maybe not your wall then!. lol smiley.
I'll call you when I'm done , wanna ask you something about eerm!!eerm! something sha...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2015
Ok sir
profojah:

Ok , maybe not your wall then!. lol smiley.
I'll call you when I'm done , wanna ask you something about eerm!!eerm! something sha...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Graviton2(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
Walspring:

Things have changed lately at the embassy because someone told me that the embassy said he do not need to apply for another visa interview again since the duration on the visa is 2 years

I suggest you just wait for the sevis fee to expire and pay a new sevis fee to a new school, by doing that you wont have issues with POE immigration or sevis since the old one is no longer valid and you automatically changed to a new school by paying a new sevis to the school and the rule is sevis fee is only valid for a year and after a year you are not in USA, you will pay for a new sevis fee

I appreciate this! Honestly this did not occur to me. I will give it a thought. Thanks, bro!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
Savvyij:
yea, i ave gotten my admission just working on getting the 1-20 n d rest. And u hope u are enjoying ur stay over dere?
Good to hear. Hope you've started preparing for the next stage? I know it shouldn't be a problem for you. Waiting to read your transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hi guys.
I noticed that new people getting their visas aren't posting their transcripts anymore as templates for other guys.
Although I noticed student visa denial rate has decreased significantly.

Nonetheless, Please let's help each other achieve the dream.
Indian forums are bubbling with info.

Let's do the same here pls

Shalom.
Team fall

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tipssy1: 5:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hello house, Pls I need ur advice I did my ACT exams in December and I scored 48 I have my i20 already but am scared if the VO request of my exams result I hope the score is not too low and will not jeopardise my visa approval ?. sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jenns(m): 5:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
joenicewake:
Why is that some folks don't read previous pages before asking some kind of questions? Is it really laziness? I'm sure if this forum is a place to pick dollars, lots of new members will go deep down to source for information.

that's just the "TRUTH" , it pays to read through from Part3->Part5 . My subscription suffered for it ,but i came out with a "NEW SONG".

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
tipssy1:
Hello house, Pls I need ur advice I did my ACT exams in December and I scored 48 I have my i20 already but am scared if the VO request of my exams result I hope the score is not too low and will not jeopardise my visa approval ?. sad
that's below average, it's not a good one at all I won't deceive you.

You still have time to make amends bro. Are you resuming for fall? Then try and take another one, if you can't then take TOEFL and abandon the act as it's a very poor result.

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.