Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (362) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867772 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by onuawuchi: 6:26pm On Feb 21, 2015
bbdd:
Hi guys.
I noticed that new people getting their visas aren't posting their transcripts anymore as templates for other guys.
Although I noticed student visa denial rate has decreased significantly.

Nonetheless, Please let's help each other achieve the dream.
Indian forums are bubbling with info.

Let's do the same here pls

Shalom.
Team fall

True words. Even when posting the transcripts it's funny how people hide lots of info, which may be of significant help to others. Talking about the Indians, I follow quite a number of their forums. Those guys are every where. From study visa specific websites to Facebook groups, with discuss on diverse headings. The way they help one another down to specifics makes me think they have a deliberate plan to transfer technology from the west down to India in the most near future(just like china) . No doubt we are doing commendable job here. But if you ever visit one of the Indian forums you'll see we still have much grounds to cover
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
onuawuchi:

True words. Even when posting the transcripts it's funny how people hide lots of info, which may be of significant help to others. Talking about the Indians, I follow quite a number of their forums. Those guys are every where. From study visa specific websites to Facebook groups, with discuss on diverse headings. The way they help one another down to specifics makes me think they have a deliberate plan to transfer technology from the west down to India in the most near future(just like china) . No doubt we are doing commendable job here. But if you ever visit one of the Indian forums you'll see we still have much grounds to cover
The Chinese are also very strong. I bought a book 5 kuai which is less than 1 dollar from a Chinese dude and I sold it 20 Dollars. Next will sell for 25 Dollars.

As far back as 2006, the Chinese sponsored lots of their citizen to America to steal the US technology and other things. The Chinese are also sucking our economy. The funniest thing is that the monies they make here never remain in Nigeria. They send all to Bank of China and Agricultural Bank.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 7:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
GRE exam today was something else. In all I thank God almighty. Rough score shows Verbal- 147, Quant- 155. How do you see it guys?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 7:18pm On Feb 21, 2015
djmakson:
GRE exam today was something else. In all I thank God almighty. Rough score shows Verbal- 147, Quant- 155. How do you see it guys?
It's OK. Depending on your target.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 7:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
sirRiddy:
Lol. That is my little sister, so stop scratching your head. How prep?
Really, we need to talk. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
djmakson:
You tried. Over 300 mark is okay. We are not oyinbo. Some native speakers can't get a higher score especially those black niggas.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 7:29pm On Feb 21, 2015
djmakson:
NICE ONE. START APPLYING NOW
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2015
zeezahbee:
NICE ONE. START APPLYING NOW

@ Zeezabee, Mystique, Joenicewake. Thanks so much for the encouragement. You guys rock.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
Lol cheesy Talk indeed

Mystiqme:

Really, we need to talk. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 21, 2015
For an engineering school, the score is just fine. Quant is really good except for the ivy leagues. Wish you luck in the best of your application, brother. What programs do you have in mind? MSc/PhD?
djmakson:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by djmakson(m): 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2015
sirRiddy:
For an engineering school, the score is just fine. Quant is really good except for the ivy leagues. Wish you luck in the best of your application, brother. What programs do you have in mind? MSc/PhD?

SirRiddy thanks a lot. I already got admission into UniBridgport in Connecticut for my MBA without any standardized exam. Was tld it's been waived cos of my work experience and SSCE requirement. I-20 received and got just $3k funding out of a whole $31k. That huge mhen! I decided to write GRE when I got valuable info about the exams here (that's after I applied to Bridgeport) Now i'm reconsidering the whole thing and specifically looking into schools in Atlanta cos that's where I have family. Looking out for cheap ones with funding.

Once again I appreciate you guys in da house.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
djmakson:

SirRiddy thanks a lot. I already got admission into UniBridgport in Connecticut for my MBA without any standardized exam. Was tld it's been waived cos of my work experience and SSCE requirement. I-20 received and got just $3k funding out of a whole $31k. That huge mhen! I decided to write GRE when I got valuable info about the exams here (that's after I applied to Bridgeport) Now i'm reconsidering the whole thing and specifically looking into schools in Atlanta cos that's where I have family. Looking out for cheap ones with funding.

I will advice you apply to schools in Atlanta like you outlined. Try and source for funding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hmmm...
Make your searches quick because fall deadlines are already creeping in. Maybe you should also check neighbouring states too and not just Georgia.
Good luck brother and try to post your GRE experience on the GRE thread in the education section.
djmakson:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 10:32pm On Feb 21, 2015
Please can someone snap and share how secondary school transcript looks like the one i saw on Google is not clear at all, is it always black and white or coloured and is it a single page thing?? I need answers please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 11:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
tipssy1:
Hello house, Pls I need ur advice I did my ACT exams in December and I scored 48 I have my i20 already but am scared if the VO request of my exams result I hope the score is not too low and will not jeopardise my visa approval ?. sad
How can you score 48 on the ACT when the ACT total score is over 36??

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tipssy1: 12:02am On Feb 22, 2015
Ms Nas, Pls how is it calculated because what I saw on my email that was been sent to me is what I just mentioned, I did Eng,maths, Reading and science
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ttmacoy: 12:06am On Feb 22, 2015
Hey Dj, 31k is a lot of tuition for an MBA from Bridgeport.

i think it is a wise decision you have made to sit GRE as it will enable you get admission into better ranked programs and possible more funding.

An MBA is a tricky qualification in that it is a great qualification which can open doors if done at the right school and right stage in your career, but I see many international students pay huge sums for many programs which end up not opening up the opportunities they expect at the end of the program.

A rule of thumb is the easier it is to get into the program, the harder it is to get access to good jobs afterwards.

Sit the GRE and apply to better recognised programs in ATL as you suggested or at least cheaper, but with good grades and experience you may be able to get good funding.

E.g. Goizueta business school is better ranked and more reputable than bridge port and and gives better post mba job opportunities in atlanta. Costs a bit more but with good GRE grades and work experience you can get better funding.

djmakson:

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:28am On Feb 22, 2015
kollygean:
Hello Pals... I have my appointment date on 23rd of this month seeking for student visa... i need your prayers though im not afraid because i know i will be favoured that day by God's grace. i will share my experience after i got my visa....... Based on belief grin

Wishing you success and favour of God will speak on your behalf.. AMEN

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:34am On Feb 22, 2015
Graviton2:

I appreciate this! Honestly this did not occur to me. I will give it a thought. Thanks, bro!!

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Idazbawz(m): 3:33am On Feb 22, 2015
I read some post about cold cities... Lol, I bet y'all haven't heard about Michigan's weather...
The last time we had a positive temperature was last fall... Michigan is not cold, it's freezing

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:15am On Feb 22, 2015
Idazbawz:
I read some post about cold cities... Lol, I bet y'all haven't heard about Michigan's weather...
The last time we had a positive temperature was last fall... Michigan is not cold, it's freezing

...and I'm betting you haven't heard about Canada. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:20am On Feb 22, 2015
Amefrica:

...and I'm betting you haven't heard about Canada. grin
Them dey give money? Boys dey vex say dem cancel school Una deyvhere dey shout snow and cold.

I am sure you didn't lose 20hrs cash.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:42am On Feb 22, 2015
slimmy05:
Them dey give money? Boys dey vex say dem cancel school Una deyvhere dey shout snow and cold.

I am sure you didn't lose 20hrs cash.

Lol, dem close una school for more than 2 weeks for that side? You have no idea of what I'm talking about. Snowstorms like every 2 days with zero visibility, work, school, roads closed? I've only been to school this semester like 10 times, others were cancelled.

You don experience 3 feet of snow fall at once? They recently extended our calendar by a week, because of the more than 2 weeks of cancellation of classes angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:45am On Feb 22, 2015
Amefrica:

Lol, dem close una school for more than 2 weeks for that side? You have no idea of what I'm talking about. Snowstorms like every 2 days with zero visibility, work, school, roads closed?

You don experience 3 feet of snow fall at once? They recently extended our calendar by a week, because of the more than 2 weeks of cancellation of classes angry
how that one take concern me. I am talk about schools being closed and no work no cash.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:52am On Feb 22, 2015
slimmy05:
how that one take concern me. I am talk about schools being closed and no work no cash.

We're saying same thing, una own still better. I collected my paycheck for the past 2 weeks on Friday and guess what? I wan burst cry grin E nor fit even do grocery shopping sef angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ifedapsy(m): 5:14am On Feb 22, 2015
slimmy05:
Slimmy Baba!!! Oga mi, Sir! Expect my call later in d day.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kollygean: 7:26am On Feb 22, 2015
Na summer semester bro
jamesflaw:

Amen Oo....summer or fall semester?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 8:29am On Feb 22, 2015
glitter24:
Please can someone snap and share how secondary school transcript looks like the one i saw on Google is not clear at all, is it always black and white or coloured and is it a single page thing?? I need answers please
Keep searching through the image section of google, I'm sure you'll get something, transcripts are not always colorful it's made of black and white, except your school badge, school name e.t.c. It is a single paged paper, and nothing special about it. I know you'll find one.

Sorry, apply to a university first before I send a format of secondary school transcript to you tongue .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:06pm On Feb 22, 2015
ifedapsy:

Slimmy Baba!!! Oga mi, Sir! Expect my call later in d day.
Brother, today will be freaking busy for me. Got exams and papers assignmenta to write.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 22, 2015
coobboy:

Keep searching through the image section of google, I'm sure you'll get something, transcripts are not always colorful it's made of black and white, except your school badge, school name e.t.c. It is a single paged paper, and nothing special about it. I know you'll find one.

Sorry, apply to a university first before I send a format of secondary school transcript to you tongue .
Lol, he won't understand now till they flash 214b, then he would be on ghost mode or probably use another id.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by coobboy(m): 2:36pm On Feb 22, 2015
slimmy05:
Lol, he won't understand now till they flash 214b, then he would be on ghost mode or probably use another id.
Lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry359(m): 3:11pm On Feb 22, 2015
slimmy05:
grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) (365) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.