Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868865 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2014
slimmy05: When you reach there, tell them am coming.

Nah so... Let stevecrun alert them that we are coming since they dont catch or crucify late comers.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dcyprusog: 6:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
stevecrun i just sent you something smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 6:25pm On Sep 08, 2014
aadeyi: Please I applied to a school in Florida and another in Mississippi and I need to pay my application fee but there is no way I can cos I don't have a credit card. Please is there anyone who can help out. There is an option of money order on a US bank cheque. Thanks

Get Gtbank Master Naira card
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 6:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
Pls guys, has any1 here ever boarded Qatar Airline or has an idea of there service?
Please, how is there service?
Tnx...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2014
charzyh2: Pls guys, has any1 here ever boarded Qatar Airline or has an idea of there service?
Tnx...

Qatar airline is good to go sir! Few people on this thread flew with qatar and gave good comments on them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
honeyad:

Qatar airline is good to go sir! Few people on this thread flew with qatar and gave good comments on them
thank you so much my brother from another mother
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 7:11pm On Sep 08, 2014
Pls house is it the norm to do immunization as part of admission requirement?
I thought it's only done after admission prior to enrollment.

I don't know if i should go ahead with the application because It's just a back up school.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 8:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
charzyh2: Pls guys, has any1 here ever boarded Qatar Airline or has an idea of there service?
Tnx...
Solid airline.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 8:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
bbdd: Pls house is it the norm to do immunization as part of admission requirement?
I thought it's only done after admission prior to enrollment.

I don't know if i should go ahead with the application because It's just a back up school.

Thanks
It is not the norm. Most schools usually ask after you have been granted admission. That this your school has a different policy doesn't mean it's a bad school, so if it's worth it go for it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 9:31pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hello guys, been a while. A brother wants to get admission for masters, what are the requirements.
Thank you. grin
Idazbawz, Amefrica, dream caster and the whole lotta guys who landed safely in obamaland I wish you all great favour and also be focused and don't forget your purpose.
Glasses up smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 10:03pm On Sep 08, 2014
ebdib:

Hello
You didn't state your exact averages in quants and verbal so it's hard to place your test scores

Most schools (to my knowledge) accept just one application program per cycle. You'd have to ask your school's admissions department

Generally speaking now, as an engin student you must have a good quants score before you can be considered for funding etc.

So work on your quantitative more because that's where they consider in your test scores more. From the info you provided, 50% of admitted applicants scored over 164 and another 50% scored below.

Goodluck.

thanks ..being taking Manhattan and princeton prep practices test.Got their books..my latest score with them was M Q158 V 157........P Q156 V 154... I hear the main exams would be easier....I would take Ets practice test a few weeks b4 I write thou!.....hope there is promise? I want to write this exam.?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Walspring:

Get Gtbank Master Naira card
I use stanbic ibtc. Do their master card work properly in US or should I open a Gtb account. which is preferable?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 08, 2014
teddyrain: I use stanbic ibtc. Do their master card work properly in US or should I open a Gtb account. which is preferable?

As long as the MasterCard/visa card logo is on it.. Not necessarily a specific bank!

All the best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mystiqme:
Solid airline.
thank you so much bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 10:47pm On Sep 08, 2014
teddyrain: Hello guys, been a while. A brother wants to get admission for masters, what are the requirements.
Thank you. grin
Idazbawz, Amefrica, dream caster and the whole lotta guys who landed safely in obamaland I wish you all great favour and also be focused and don't forget your purpose.
Glasses up smiley
bro, I sight u. Longest tym

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bridestiny: 10:49pm On Sep 08, 2014
Hi everyone,

Anyone in Houston?

Need accommodation asap!!!

Accommodation seem to be exhausted in my school.
Any useful info will be appreciated.

Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mystiqme: Hallo house, is third party registration for GRE banned? I'm trying to register for someone in Nigeria but I'm finding it difficult.

Where are you currently? If you are still in Nigeria or in a country where online ETS registration for its citizens there is banned or for citizens in another officially banned country, then that might explain why you are having difficulties.

If you are in Nigeria trying to register, then your IP address will keep logging as Nigeria to the ETS website, thus officially disallowing you to register online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
dicapino:

thanks ..being taking Manhattan and princeton prep practices test.Got their books..my latest score with them was M Q158 V 157........P Q156 V 154... I hear the main exams would be easier....I would take Ets practice test a few weeks b4 I write thou!.....hope there is promise? I want to write this exam.?

@bolded. You're going to be writing essays in gre. You really shouldn't be writing that way at this point.

You need to improve your quantitative score. Try and get at least 160 so you don't develop BP during admission cycle.

The actual gre is just as tough as what you'll see on practice tests.

When you're done studying take a power prep test. They're usually more accurate but simpler than the exam day questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 10:58pm On Sep 08, 2014
aadeyi: Please I applied to a school in Florida and another in Mississippi and I need to pay my application fee but there is no way I can cos I don't have a credit card. Please is there anyone who can help out. There is an option of money order on a US bank cheque. Thanks

I could help you out if you don't mind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2014
bbdd: Guys.
A school is telling me to send immunization form as part of admission requirement not even after admission.

Is that allowed?
I know schools tell students to submit immunization requirements after admission prior to enrollment. I've never heard of them asking for immunization before admission.

What do you guys think.

You ought to know that schools vary in their admission requirements. If you really want to apply to the school, then go ahead and submit the immunization form. I suppose they are only doing this because of the recent Ebola scourge in Nigeria and I wouldn't be surprised if Ebola test will be among one of the required tests.

Since you will still be submitting an immunization form to a school ultimately on arrival you might as well get the immunizations done now, send a copy to this school demanding it and keep the original for final submission. Photocopy the originals and keep for yourself as reference. Very important.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2014
ebdib:

Hello
You didn't state your exact averages in quants and verbal so it's hard to place your test scores

Most schools (to my knowledge) accept just one application program per cycle. You'd have to ask your school's admissions department

Generally speaking now, as an engin student you must have a good quants score before you can be considered for funding etc.

So work on your quantitative more because that's where they consider in your test scores more. From the info you provided, 50% of admitted applicants scored over 164 and another 50% scored below.

Goodluck.

Some schools do permit application to a maximum of two courses for the same application fee. My school allows that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bbdd: 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You ought to know that schools vary in their admission requirements. If you really want to apply to the school, then go ahead and submit the immunization form. I suppose they are only doing this because of the recent Ebola scourge in Nigeria and I wouldn't be surprised if Ebola test will be among one of the required tests.

Since you will still be submitting an immunization form to a school ultimately on arrival you might as well get the immunizations done now, send a copy to this school demanding it and keep the original for final submission. Photocopy the originals and keep for yourself as reference. Very important.

i thought so too. I'll take the shots then.

THANKS MAN
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by tunnath: 11:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
Mexico border to usa,cn som1 explain to me,is it easy get to usa frm mexico and is it treble or na by car etc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 12:02am On Sep 09, 2014
ebdib:

@bolded. You're going to be writing essays in gre. You really shouldn't be writing that way at this point.

Lovely!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:20am On Sep 09, 2014
This got me worried. Hope this would not mean I will not be able to register for the test? I verified my email on paypal and I ought to receive a 4-digit pin from them(they said it might take like 2 days). I heard that is how the paypal account would be linked to my gtb account. Now someone else is experiencing difficulties, it does not sound too good. Please, has anyone in Nigeria registered for the test recently?

bigfrancis21:

Where are you currently? If you are still in Nigeria or in a country where online ETS registration for its citizens there is banned or for citizens in another officially banned country, then that might explain why you are having difficulties.

If you are in Nigeria trying to register, then your IP address will keep logging as Nigeria to the ETS website, thus officially disallowing you to register online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by igbonerd(m): 12:30am On Sep 09, 2014
imperiouxx:

My brother, please bear with me. I'm always on the move but I will reply you today. It's just 8:43 am now.

I applied for a B1/B2 visa and have an interview coming up on Thursday (9/11/2013). This is my first time and as such, I need a couple clarifications:
-I'm currently serving and I made that known in my application. Got an approved leave letter from my boss. Would that hold up when they ask what my home ties are?
-I'm going on the strength of an American friend's invitation. He is going to foot the entire bill from the round trip plane ticket to the cost of my stay there. He's a tax-paying citizen with a well-paying job. Would that raise any red flag with them?
-Should he send his the letter of invitation, his affidavit of sponsorship, his bank statement, etc, directly to the consulate or to me?

Please, I'd appreciate your response and that of the house in general. Bless up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 09, 2014
igbonerd:

I applied for a B1/B2 visa and have an interview coming up on Thursday (9/11/2013). This is my first time and as such, I need a couple clarifications:
-I'm currently serving and I made that known in my application. Got an approved leave letter from my boss. Would that hold up when they ask what my home ties are?
-I'm going on the strength of an American friend's invitation. He is going to foot the entire bill from the round trip plane ticket to the cost of my stay there. He's a tax-paying citizen with a well-paying job. Would that raise any red flag with them?
-Should he send his the letter of invitation, his affidavit of sponsorship, his bank statement, etc, directly to the consulate or to me?

Please, I'd appreciate your response and that of the house in general. Bless up.

Red Flags***

**You r currently serving plus leave letter from your boss... That's not what they mean by ties cuz its easy to forget about your nysc the moment you step into Yankee... Ties can be something that will always make you come back regardless

**American citizen sponsoring you and footing your bills... Really Who is The American citizen? What is ur relationship with the american citizen ? Why is he inviting you? Why would he foot your bills? You r going to be a liability on another American!

Those are the things I'm afraid might be running in the consular's head 'based' on your story above

All the best!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 3:08am On Sep 09, 2014
tunnath: Mexico border to usa,cn som1 explain to me,is it easy get to usa frm mexico and is it treble or na by car etc
Mexico borders US just as Republic of Benin borders Nigeria. Means of transportation majorly depend on your pocket and location. You might be thinking of road transportation if you are going any of the states that borders Mexico (like Texas, New mexico). Conversely, if your destination is a state far away (like say Michigan or Minnesota) then you should be planning to fly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 3:22am On Sep 09, 2014
teddyrain: Hello guys, been a while. A brother wants to get admission for masters, what are the requirements.
Thank you. grin
Glasses up smiley
You know the first, cardinal rule that applies.... let your brother check up the school(s)/program(s) requirements online (the school's website). From there he should get information on the pertinent things to do, the standardized tests to write and average scores for admission, deadlines to meet, documents to submit and every other apt information he can get.
This is required because there is no set or defined procedures that all schools adopt. Each school has its.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 8:09am On Sep 09, 2014
charzyh2:
bro, I sight u. Longest tym
yes boss I'm loyal. Have u found any other person travelling together with us?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 8:09am On Sep 09, 2014
Dot1:
You know the first, cardinal rule that applies.... let your brother check up the school(s)/program(s) requirements online (the school's website). From there he should get information on the pertinent things to do, the standardized tests to write and average scores for admission, deadlines to meet, documents to submit and every other apt information he can get.
This is required because there is no set or defined procedures that all schools adopt. Each school has its.
thank you boss. I'll let him know about this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.