Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867633 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
OjaP:

Yes ke !! I am chilling and having a nice time. I'm sure Imperiouxx is too.

How are you?

Yea, i thought as much...

I am doing great and working hard to share my success story soon

Kindly remember me in your prayers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
osahons9:
phew!!! How are you guys doing? @Walspring, @Godg, @aadeyi, @zeezahbee

We are all doing great... grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:31pm On Mar 17, 2015
olediway:
I greet everybody in d house,pls i need hint on how best to pass my already registered ielts..speaking on wednesday thank u sirs and mas

Hope you practice with your materials?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:34pm On Mar 17, 2015
sunbobo11:
Hello brothers
I want the gurus to help me on this, a friend in the US suggested it for me tho.

I wanted to pursue a Msc program in the US and he had advice me to apply for undergraduate studies from Nigeria just to boost my chances of getting visa, that upon arriving to the U.S. I keep the i20 under the bed and go to apply of MSc in another school.
Is this possible ?
My question is, must me be same school or another school ? Considering the school that I got visa with?

Guys advice!!!!

If i may ask, do you have low gpa in your bsc that you wanted to use to apply for Msc because that should be one of the reason why your friend asked you to follow that route.

It better to apply for msc and work on something better because going for msc is also an added advantage

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 11:44pm On Mar 17, 2015
STENON:
Congrats Bro, Pls I'm also interested in the paper exams.

1. Please is paper exams of AWA and comprehension passages of the same length with computer GRE exams?

2. Please I hope the time is the same for both exams?

3. Please where did you write your exams?

Thanks.

1..yes it is of thesame lenght i think because wach essay has 4 A4 spaces
2. ya it is thesame time
3. i wrote it at benin and its usually twicw in year or so for paper exams
4....thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 11:46pm On Mar 17, 2015
Walspring:

Congrats to my guy..

Nah to celebrate am with red wine ooo grin grin grin grin

yes o my real guy

hw u c d awa na...3.5..is it kool?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:50pm On Mar 17, 2015
warriboy21:

yes o my real guy

hw u c d awa na...3.5..is it kool?

You try no be small..

You no go wash am for us with shayo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by spyke01(m): 12:48am On Mar 18, 2015
Walspring:

yes take copy of data page, I-20 and coupon payment form there... If you dont have these 3 documents, am sure they wont process your payment... leave original at home and go with photocopy
So wale I cannot pay by just knowing the number?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:54am On Mar 18, 2015
spyke01:

So wale I cannot pay by just knowing the number?

Yes you can't
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sqlerror: 1:09am On Mar 18, 2015
RexNdubest:

Haircut here in Philadelphia is $20. I cut my hair twice per month. After few time visiting the saloon, I decided to give it a trial - doing it myself. Now, I do it perfectly grin tongue grin

Where in Philly re u? I do visit often. I am due to visit soon. Maybe we could hook up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by DrCaleb: 1:47am On Mar 18, 2015
Hi house.
Apart from one's Visa and I-20, what other documents are being required to be taken along and most likely to be presented at the port of entry? Comrades that are right now schooling in the U.S, will appreciate your respond to this inquiry. Is there anything called yellow card?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olarwarlay(m): 2:13am On Mar 18, 2015
Wow!!! Hello everyone.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:17am On Mar 18, 2015
DrCaleb:
Hi house.
Apart from one's Visa and I-20, what other documents are being required to be taken along and most likely to be presented at the port of entry? Comrades that are right now schooling in the U.S, will appreciate your respond to this inquiry. Is there anything called yellow card?
you won't need your yellow card at point of entry buy you need to present it at the airport in Nigeria. They didn't ask for mine anyway at the POE. You need your I-20, SEVIS fee receipt(they didn't ask for mine) and your passport.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 8:48am On Mar 18, 2015
hello gurus. I contacted a department an d I was told that they have started making admission decisions and said they give admission on a rolling basis.

My question: what does it mean to admit on rolling basis.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 18, 2015
http://www.collegeconfidential.com/dean/how-does-rolling-admission-work/
dicapino:
hello gurus. I contacted a department an d I was told that they have started making admission decisions and said they give admission on a rolling basis.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GrandBelz: 11:20am On Mar 18, 2015
Walspring:

If i may ask, do you have low gpa in your bsc that you wanted to use to apply for Msc because that should be one of the reason why your friend asked you to follow that route.

It better to apply for msc and work on something better because going for msc is also an added advantage
Boss I hail o,are u saying if one has a low G. P.A, it's better to use that method. Cos my own g.p.a low no be small 2.41/5.00, but my p.g.d( post graduate diploma) correct small 68% weighted average. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ttmacoy: 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
Pretty much means they assess applications as and when received and make decisions rather than wait till a cut off date, assess all in one go and release admission results in one swoop.

dicapino:

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
dicapino:

Thanks
It means regular basis, that is first come, first served.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by STENON(f): 3:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
zeezahbee:
is the award academic related? like best graduating student,best student in a particular course. if it is , then you can talk about it.
if it is your final year dinner award like take hot to mama, tallest babe, most crazy, most sophisticated and all sort, dont talk about it, its gonna make u look silly.

Remember only answer questions that you are ask. Don't talk to much
*smiles*
Thanks my sis.
Yes,It is academics related. I'm referring to the award of the overall best Graduating student.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sunboy(m): 3:43pm On Mar 18, 2015
Walspring:

No my CGPA is fair enough i finished with 3.78. Thats not too low i guess.
Do you know if any school i can apply with little stress of application thats if they wave toefl and co?
Where i can study and earn ? and relative cheap to afford??
I studied Human Resource Management.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 6:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
GrandBelz:

Boss I hail o,are u saying if one has a low G. P.A, it's better to use that method. Cos my own g.p.a low no be small 2.41/5.00, but my p.g.d( post graduate diploma) correct small 68% weighted average. Thanks
Bro u can still get admission into Masters directly. Just make sure you write GRE and u will be fine. All d best

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 6:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
sunboy:

Do you know if any school i can apply with little stress of application thats if they wave toefl and co?
You have a good GPA. But I will advice you write a standardised test. To have a better chance. All d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
dicapino:

Thanks

That should be first come first served...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
GrandBelz:

Capital letter NO

You follow your heart or discretion
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:53pm On Mar 18, 2015
sunboy:

You have a good cgpa and if you research and search via gradschools.com, am sure you will see a school of your choice.
All F1 visa can study and earn and you can also have TA/GA if you meet the school requirement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GrandBelz: 10:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
kennyrony:

Bro u can still get admission into Masters directly. Just make sure you write GRE and u will be fine. All d best
Thanks baba,really appreciate the encouragement, preparing for G.R.E....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by GrandBelz: 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
Walspring:

Capital letter NO

You follow your heart or discretion
Boss I swear, I no understand ur comment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
GrandBelz:

Boss I swear, I no understand ur comment.

Which one you no understand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by STENON(f): 11:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
Mystiqme:
^^^ this. And Stenon, I disagree with the person that said most schools require evaluation of transcripts. Most schools actually don't. Based on my research when I was applying, I would say 20% of schools in the USA ask for Wes evaluation. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad thing to do, but it's not compulsory.
Best.
Amen. thanks for taking your time to respond to my question. I'm grateful.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by STENON(f): 11:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
genxris:

Avoid using those made on Nigeria English like ( yes Na, sha, as in, etc). Don't worry about the accent, speak in a audible and clear tone and put a little smile when necessary. Be prepared to likely tell them about your intrest in the course and maybe a summary of whatever you have written to to them in your statement of purpose. Goodluck to you
Thanks so much.
Please I got to realise from this forum that speaking with clear and audible voice is different from Trying to speak like an American. right?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by STENON(f): 11:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
joenicewake:
That's okay!

Obviously, I think some folks are getting me wrong here yet it doesn't really matter.

Telling her to reduce her accent is not about encouraging her to speak like an American but pay attention to her pronounciation.

Also is the fact that academic phrases are very unique and cohesive--linking words and phrases. It makes someone sound academic.

Just like in IELTS speaking test, i was asked questions about arts. Arts is one of the most difficult and tricky questions in IELTS.

What saved me that day was pronounciation and use of academic phrases like first of all, obviously, not withstanding though, also is the fact that, so as to, in addition to that, etc, even though i turned down the use of cue card.
Sis, it's all good anyway. Good luck!!
Alright, Thanks, well read and noted. I'm glad for your response
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by STENON(f): 11:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
slimmy05:
Which accent, forget the accent.
Lol....I'll try to do that. Thanks so much....

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.