Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867660 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sqlerror: 12:51am On Mar 20, 2015
oloyeadeniyi:
Hello house I need ur candid opinion. My bank insisted they are giving me one copy of account statement but I've applied to 4 schools. Is it wise to submit photocopy of bank statement to school in this kind of scenario?
Thank you as I await responses.

You could make copies and have your bank certify it as a true copy. But am surprised they refused you extra copies. Usually they charge your account for extra copies. What bank do you have an account with?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:05am On Mar 20, 2015
oloyeadeniyi:
Hello house I need ur candid opinion. My bank insisted they are giving me one copy of account statement but I've applied to 4 schools. Is it wise to submit photocopy of bank statement to school in this kind of scenario?
there is no bank that would refuse printing as many copy of bank statement as you want. What you wrote up there is false.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aadeyi: 5:39am On Mar 20, 2015
oloyeadeniyi:

Though I don't believe what you posted but if this is true, then show dem say na naija you be. Write 4 different application letter to request for your statement and address it to 4 different branches of your bank. Just walk in to each of them and get what you need.

Another option is, collect that one copy and if you live in lagos, just take the pain and go to a computer business center in VI and make colour photocopy. I suggestted VI because that's the only location I can guarantee clear coloured photocopy that will look like original. The choice is yours. Good luck

Remember you will also need extra copy for yourself in case of inca-country cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 9:29am On Mar 20, 2015
zeezahbee:
dont put your eggs in one basket. keep sourcing for other schools. most of texas uni do not really give assistance until after the first semester

Yeah I heard so Zee. Still searching, I started my applications late!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Bobority: 10:21am On Mar 20, 2015
@zeezahbee please check your PM. i really need help on that question. Thanks
dicapino:

Yeah I heard so Zee. Still searching, I started my applications late!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by DrCaleb: 12:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
slimmy05:
you won't need your yellow card at point of entry buy you need to present it at the airport in Nigeria. They didn't ask for mine anyway at the POE. You need your I-20, SEVIS fee receipt(they didn't ask for mine) and your passport.
Okay, tnk you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by oloyeadeniyi(m): 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2015
aadeyi:

Though I don't believe what you posted but if this is true, then show dem say na naija you be. Write 4 different application letter to request for your statement and address it to 4 different branches of your bank. Just walk in to each of them and get what you need.

Another option is, collect that one copy and if you live in lagos, just take the pain and go to a computer business center in VI and make colour photocopy. I suggestted VI because that's the only location I can guarantee clear coloured photocopy that will look like original. The choice is yours. Good luck

Remember you will also need extra copy for yourself in case of inca-country cheesy cheesy cheesy
Thanks bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 20, 2015
Series of things the VOs are looking for, to approve F1 visas.

1. Try as much as you can to go for a university, not community college anymore. They frown at students who present CC stuffs and then disapprove your application. It all started two years ago. Reason being that C Colleges are inexpensive.

2. Please endeavor to take standardized tests. Grades do make a lot of difference. If your scores are low or average, try to explain why and how you will excel in America academically. Explain verbally because this is what they want. They are somehow tired of asking for whole lots of documents cheesy Will write more later!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
3. If you're going to the States to study any major and earn a degree, try to link your studies with your home country. It is a way of showing ties to your country. And this is where you can nail the VO. cheesy

They also pay attention to job and education. So please, be careful when filling the form online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
joenicewake:

1. Try as much as you can to go for a university, not community college anymore. They frown at students who present CC stuffs and then disapprove your application. It all started two years ago. Reason being that C Colleges are inexpensive.

2. Please endeavor to take standardized tests. Grades do make a lot of difference. If your scores are low or average, try to explain why and how you will excel in America academically. Explain verbally because this is what they want. They are somehow tired of asking for whole lots of documents cheesy Will write more later!
Oga, explain that big lie
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 20, 2015
Are you sure slimmy that Joe is
not correct? I even read a month ago
or so that CCs might become completely
free?
slimmy05:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2015
slimmy05:
Slimmy, why are you always negative on me? Did i date your gf?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 4:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
joenicewake:

Really??
It's about the standard, not the cost. If you have a really good application and you can give a good explanation on why you're choosing a particular CC, you might still get a visa.
Nothing guarantees visa approval or denial. You can only do your best to increase your chances by having a good application package and communicating well during your interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
sirRiddy:
free?
Why would you leave Nigeria for an associate degree which is equivalent to OND in Nigeria. Spend all the thousands of dollars. Its not the price but the quality you get in CC school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
sirRiddy:
free?
Bro, Slimmy hates me a lot but i don't care. I don't care in the sense that other people care for me cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
joenicewake:
Slimmy, why are you always negative on me? Did i date your gf?
No you cannot. You can only self-service at her pics. smiley

Now, don't give unverifiable facts. You can start with "in my opinion".
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2015
joenicewake:
Bro, Slimmy hates me a lot but i don't care. I don't care in the sense that other people care for me cheesy
I care for you and everyone, the reason I had to point the false claims in your post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 20, 2015
Alright then. Thanks for the clarification.
slimmy05:
Why would you leave Nigeria for an associate degree which is equivalent to OND in Nigeria. Spend all the thousands of dollars. Its not the price but the quality you get in CC school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
slimmy05:
Thousands of dollars? How do you equate money? Lol.
CCs is very low in terms of tuition compared with universities.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
joenicewake:
Thousands of dollars? How do you equate money? Lol.
CCs is very low in terms of tuition compared with universities.
Give me one CC school in US that is below $1500 per semester? Did you compute feeding, books and living expenses? Travel tickets and insurance? Thousands of dollars. No matter how much you save. you would spend atleast 350 USD in a month x 24. When you can get an OND in Nigeria, transfer and become a junior here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 20, 2015
slimmy05:
Give me one CC school in US that below $1500 per semester? Did you compute feeding, books and living expenses? Travel tickets and insurance? Thousands of dollars. No matter how much you save. you would spend atleast 350 USD in a month x 24. When you can get an OND in Nigeria and transfer as become a junior here
There are about two CCs that are less than 3,000 per year as tuition. And last time i tried to introduce the schools to someone but misplaced my paper works.

Don't be blind.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2015
joenicewake:
There are about two CCs that are less than 3,000 per year as tuition. And last time i tried to introduce the schools to someone but misplaced my paper works.

Don't be blind.
How old are you? 6,000 for two years. Now calculate insurance, feeding and living expenses, books, flight ticket. You would budget like $10,000. Do the conversion with exchange rate of 199. Tell, me how you would spend that type of money for an associate degree and you want the VO to believe you, when you can go to Lagos city polytechnic and get your OND then transfer to a Uni and become a Junior?

I am tired of your usual boring story. undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dkgetmuny: 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
Wow I have not been here In over a year..I see a lot has changed....wish all those preparing for their interview luck and those in the US..I wish you success...where is imperioxx and co..Coming to study in the US is worth it's long as you have a plan for your life..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
slimmy05:
How old are you? 6,000 for two years. Now calculate insurance, feeding and living expenses, books, flight ticket. You would budget like $10,000. Do the conversion with exchange rate of 199. Tell, me how you would spend that type of money for an associate degree and you want the VO to believe you, when you can go to Lagos city polytechnic and get your OND then transfer to a Uni and become a Junior?

I am tired of your usual boring story. undecided
Tired of my boring story? Lol. Don't worry, i will try to find my paperwork and prove you wrong that you're still blind.

And never equate American Associate Degree with Nigerian OND. It's academic blunder.

I am a good looking guy with nice lips but it's not important here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
joenicewake:
Tired of my boring story? Lol. Don't worry, i will try to find my paperwork and prove you wrong that you're still blind.

And never equate American Associate Degree with Nigerian OND. It's academic blunder.

I am a good looking guy with nice lips but it's not important here.
How old are you? I am very sure you don't have a first degree. I don't need to debate with you buddy. You are just exposing your crass ignorance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Slimmy & Joe...its OK buddies...Let's die this argument down and keep this thread moving...

You both have been helpful here,...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
profojah:
Slimmy & Joe...its OK buddies...Let's die this argument down and keep this thread moving...

You both have been helpful here,...
He needs to be educated. Its free of charge here, but he doesn't want to learn when he gets corrected.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 20, 2015
Slimmy angry angry angry
oya e don do
Joe, common
slimmy05:
He needs to be educated.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2015
sirRiddy:
Slimmy angry angry angry
oya e don do
Joe, common
No be fight o. I dey on some nice trips here. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
That girl don dey make you feel
at home, abi? grin grin Contunu wink
slimmy05:
No be fight o. I dey on some nice trips here. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.