Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867688 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2015
sirRiddy:
I think you are getting it wrong.
My transcripts have not been evaluated yet. Based on what
I was told, WES will send a mail to my UG institution to confirm
that the documents came from them. My UG school then replies them
by mail. WES will then do the evaluation.
When I say school, I don't mean the school I am applying to.
Thanks for your input, sir.
Oh got it now. Once WES contact your UG school for confirmation of your transcript, WES will email you that they have mail or email your UG school for confirmation. Also keep checking your profile with WES, you will see the update from your profile. My advice for you is that if you have someone that can help you to do follow up from your UG school that will really help you. Because your UG school might not reply WES on time and that will delay your evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Mar 24, 2015
I am actually on ground to fast track any activity
from my UG school's end. The problem is just
contacting WES. They don't reply emails. I just want everything
completed before May as I will be leaving this town then. Ese gan an
kunlebal:

Oh got it now. Once WES contact your UG school for confirmation of your transcript, WES will email you that they have mail or email your UG school for confirmation. Also keep checking your profile with WES, you will see the update from your profile. My advice for you is that if you have someone that can help you to do follow up from your UG school that will really help you. Because your UG school might not reply WES on time and that will delay your evaluation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 24, 2015
sirRiddy:
Good afternoon,
My transcripts arrived WES yesterday morning according
to USPOST.
1. When should I expect WES to send the mail to my school?
2. Will I see any change on my WES portal as regards this development?
cc profojah slimmy05 zeezahbee
Yes Your status will be change to "document received from institution" ..and review in progress"...

Its takes 7days for your transcript to be evaluated and after 7days(starting from the date they received all your credentials), They will send a copy back to your school for verification, .Here, your status on the portal will change to "Awaiting verification from issuing institution" and you know sending back through regular mail to OAU will take another 10-14days after the initial 7days....So immediately OAU gets it and they notify WES ,Gbabe, Evaluation will be completed....

****SirRiddy, I've downloaded the ETS power prep but I don't know how to launch it...Abeg how i fit take do am on this system..jor jamisi, Ori e wanbe****
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kunlebal(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2015
sirRiddy:
I am actually on ground to fast track any activity
from my UG school's end. The problem is just
contacting WES. They don't reply emails. I just want everything
completed before May as I will be leaving this town then. Ese gan an
Don't bother to call WES because they wouldn't pick your calls, but you can email them for update. The most important thing is for you is to keep track of your UG school, because am sure WES will mail/email your UG school for confirmation between 1-2weeks time. It also depends on the method your UG school use for confirmation of transcripts. Mine was through email but some schools is via mail. So if it by mail pay/tell your school that you want to use courier services so that WES can receive it on time.
Wish you all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
I just logged in now and saw this.
I think WES has received my package.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Mar 24, 2015
profojah
Go to your C drive>>Program Files>>ETS>>PowerprepII>launch.bat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Mar 24, 2015
Thanks.
kunlebal:

Don't bother to call WES because they wouldn't pick your calls, but you can email them for update. The most important thing is for you is to keep track of your UG school, because am sure WES will mail/email your UG school for confirmation between 1-2weeks time. It also depends on the method your UG school use for confirmation of transcripts. Mine was through email but some schools is via mail. So if it by mail pay/tell your school that you want to use courier services so that WES can receive it on time.
Wish you all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
sirRiddy:
Good afternoon,
My transcripts arrived WES yesterday morning according
to USPOST.
1. When should I expect WES to send the mail to my school?
2. Will I see any change on my WES portal as regards this development?
cc profojah slimmy05 zeezahbee
it takes WES around 5-14days to send a mail to your school. WES will notify you immediately the mail your school for verification.
you will surely see a change on the website
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2015
slimmy05:
Your bobo Joe, he deactivated his account the third time grin
cheesy grin there is God ooo.
no pour sand for my garri oo. I no get bobo wey dey shuttle around. He is a drama king na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 24, 2015
zeezahbee:
cheesy grin there is God ooo.
no pour sand for my garri oo. I no get bobo wey dey shuttle around. He is a drama king na
You suppose don hang one for throat abi wetin u dey wait for?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
slimmy05:
You suppose don hang one for throat abi wetin u dey wait for?
i am talking about joenice that he is shuttling around
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
zeezahbee:
i am talking about joenice that he is shuttling around
Oh ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 9:01am On Mar 25, 2015
I now hav my trranscript wit me after 7months.. Whew.

Pls can sombdy pls score my sop.ist b4 i send to d sch. Who caan i send it to dat can correct it.. Thks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by barbiee: 9:36am On Mar 25, 2015
Pls i would like to ask a question abt nursing programs in u.s universities. I graduated from a 3 years sch of nursing program and was given a registered nurse certificate and license and im currently doing the 18 mnths midwifery program to graduate in september. I want to apply for spring 2016 admission to a u.s uni to get my bsc nd im confused on d best route to take. The rn to bsn nursing program is 1 year bt i hv to be licensed in u.s to be eligible for admission, the accelerated second degree nursing is for those that already have bsc in anoda field nd wnt to change to nursing, it is also 1 yr. I contacted a sch in texas nd dey said im nt eligible cos i dnt hv a bsn degree. I dont wnt to do the bsc here cos it takes anoda 4 yrs to get it, so pls wat cn i do in dis case? I dont wnt to start all over considering the fact that i hv already spent 4 nd a half yrs in nursing sch here. I nid a fast paced option to get the bsn degree. Plss i nid ur help in dis issue. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 12:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
barbiee:
Pls i would like to ask a question abt nursing programs in u.s universities. I graduated from a 3 years sch of nursing program and was given a registered nurse certificate and license and im currently doing the 18 mnths midwifery program to graduate in september. I want to apply for spring 2016 admission to a u.s uni to get my bsc nd im confused on d best route to take. The rn to bsn nursing program is 1 year bt i hv to be licensed in u.s to be eligible for admission, the accelerated second degree nursing is for those that already have bsc in anoda field nd wnt to change to nursing, it is also 1 yr. I contacted a sch in texas nd dey said im nt eligible cos i dnt hv a bsn degree. I dont wnt to do the bsc here cos it takes anoda 4 yrs to get it, so pls wat cn i do in dis case? I dont wnt to start all over considering the fact that i hv already spent 4 nd a half yrs in nursing sch here. I nid a fast paced option to get the bsn degree. Plss i nid ur help in dis issue. Thanks.

I think zeezahbee and others should be of help here... Just wait you will get a response

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
House when one has a national diploma on a particular course and has been admitted as a freshman on the same course by US uni, will it trigger more questions before the VO ? ( this is because with ND one can be admitted as a Junior instead of freshman).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Notonlyamerika: 2:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
sqlerror:

I hope this isn't coming too late. From peace park u could get a taxi drop service for between N400 & N600 depending on your bargaining prowess.

Thank you. I hope not. Anyway, is peace park utako very far? Like how many minute drive?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by barbiee: 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2015
Walspring:

I think zeezahbee and others should be of help here... Just wait you will get a response
kk. Thanks, im patiently waiting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 25, 2015
portelli:
House when one has a national diploma on a particular course and has been admitted as a freshman on the same course by US uni, will it trigger more questions before the VO ? ( this is because with ND one can be admitted as a Junior instead of freshman).
Exactly was I was explaining earlier that your ND will get you into Junior and you will only spend 1 and half year if you're smart. My cousin came here with his ND and got his bachelors with just 3 semesters. You can tell the VO about your national diploma. Make this point by telling him your department has been very considerable and willing to meet you to deliberate on courses that would be waived which would secure you a Junior instead of a freshman.

The truth is, you don't need to transfer, when you come you go straight to your dept, show them your transcript and explain to them that after checking the courses and curriculum it fits with what you have done during your ND, you would need to explain to them what and what you've learnt.

Secondly, if you are not that old, maybe 21 or 22 then you can probably use your work experience or better still use the ND and work experience. But make sure you buttress on the research project opportunity you would like to be part of if you're a science student. Look for any research work going on in your dept. You can even email the prof for a voluntary participation during your off school hour to see if he would agree, then the email exchange would stand as a proof.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sqlerror: 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2015
Notonlyamerika:

Thank you. I hope not. Anyway, is peace park utako very far? Like how many minute drive?

Depending on traffic , its between 20 mins to an hour.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2015
slimmy05:
Exactly was I was explaining earlier that your ND will get you into Junior and you will only spend 1 and half year if you're smart. My cousin came here with his ND and got his bachelors with just 3 semesters. You can tell the VO about your national diploma. Make this point by telling him your department has been very considerable and willing to meet you to deliberate on courses that would be waived which would secure you a Junior instead of a freshman.

The truth is, you don't need to transfer, when you come you go straight to your dept, show them your transcript and explain to them that after checking the courses and curriculum it fits with what you have done during your ND, you would need to explain to them what and what you've learnt.

Secondly, if you are not that old, maybe 21 or 22 then you can probably use your work experience or better still use the ND and work experience. But make sure you buttress on the research project opportunity you would like to be part of if you're a science student. Look for any research work going on in your dept. You can even email the prof for a voluntary participation during your off school hour to see if he would agree, then the email exchange would stand as a proof.

Thanks for your advice which is crucial if I was admitted as a Junior. But in my case, due to the strictness in consideration of applications by one US uni, with my ND, I was admitted as a freshman instead of Junior, and I was thinking maybe the VO would ask why I was admitted as a freshman instead of Junior even though I maintained upper credit level in my ND? or can't VO ask that kind of qstion?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2015
sqlerror:

I also needed the direction thanks for helping out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Notonlyamerika: 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2015
sqlerror:

Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sqlerror: 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
[quote author=Notonlyamerika post=31997830]

Thanks bro[/quote

U welcome ]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2015
portelli:

Thanks for your advice which is crucial if I was admitted as a Junior. But in my case, due to the strictness in consideration of applications by one US uni, with my ND, I was admitted as a freshman instead of Junior, and I was thinking maybe the VO would ask why I was admitted as a freshman instead of Junior even though I maintained upper credit level in my ND? or can't VO ask that kind of qstion?
Dot worry about the freshman. The strictness is between you and the school. This is you and the VISA officer. Starting as a freshman is not a problem. Like I explained earlier. So you need to read my post and pick one or two that can help. Don't have any further statement.

Take your time and read my comment. I don't think you read it carefully to understand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by portelli: 7:23pm On Mar 25, 2015
slimmy05:
Dot worry about the freshman. The strictness is between you and the school. This is you and the VISA officer. Starting as a freshman is not a problem. Like I explained earlier. So you need to read my post and pick one or two that can help. Don't have any further statement.

Take your time and read my comment. I don't think you read it carefully to understand

OK great, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sqlerror: 7:35pm On Mar 25, 2015
portelli:

I also needed the direction thanks for helping out.

cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olenime(m): 7:51pm On Mar 25, 2015
barbiee:
From my quake knowledge, most us schls prefer u come ova with a bsc in nursing to further or u strt afresh! A friend in your condition is in canada with all D documents u have! Mayb u try canada schls, they will accept ur credentials as bsc! Or better still, search further for schls in us that accept ur document as bsc!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 10:21pm On Mar 25, 2015
barbiee:
No school in USA will even accept your for BSN with your current Nigeria degree. your 3 years school of nursing doesn't count towards anything. You have a whole lot of pre requisites to do and you also need to take the TEAS to get admitted into the BSN prog in USA.
They are two things you could do. come here and start all over or you do your BSN in Nigeria and come here for RN-BSN for one year.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by barbiee: 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
zeezahbee:
No school in USA will even accept your for BSN with your current Nigeria degree. your 3 years school of nursing doesn't count towards anything. You have a whole lot of pre requisites to do and you also need to take the TEAS to get admitted into the BSN prog.
They are two things you could do. come here and start all over or you do your BSN in Nigeria and come here for RN-BSN for one year.

ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me although i am a bit discouraged with your response i guess it is time for a plan B. Maybe i should check australia out, i heard it is possible there but very expensive. Australia plan B, cyprus plan C. Thanks again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by barbiee: 10:42pm On Mar 25, 2015
olenime:

From my quake knowledge, most us schls prefer u come ova with a bsc in nursing to further or u strt afresh! A friend in your condition is in canada with all D documents u have! Mayb u try canada schls, they will accept ur credentials as bsc! Or better still, search further for schls in us that accept ur document as bsc!

can you please tell me the name of the sch? And how did she do it, did she apply directly to the sch or had to do a credentials evaluation ist? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 10:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
barbiee:

ok. Thanks for clarifying that for me although i am a bit discouraged with your response i guess it is time for a plan B. Maybe i should check australia out, i heard it is possible there but very expensive. Australia plan B, cyprus plan C. Thanks again.
you can evaluate your current nursing transcript and try apply for BSN. some classes can be waived but am sure you will still spend atleast 3years

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.