Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868997 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 6:40pm On Sep 11, 2014
Kpimp:

Thanks for your reply.do u have any idea what other courier charge

Sorry I don't know right now-been about 3 years.I bet someone on this thread knows
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Kpimp: 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2014
@honeyad thanks for the info
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 8:46pm On Sep 11, 2014
Gevic: @teddyrain, got to knw dat u knew him
explain a beg sir. shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
dammy1102: Apply from Nigeria................its easier to apply from home country.

Whydoes he need to travel down to Nigeria if he has a residence permit in UAE and also studies there? angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hello my guys there is now change of plans. I won't be leaving 29th. I cancelled that flight but I would be arriving earlier maybe 24th. Please how soon can I start driving with my naija driving license? I plan on getting a ride as soon as I ball in. #team Illinois #team music undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Amerinancy(f): 9:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
teddyrain: Hello my guys there is now change of plans. I won't be leaving 29th. I cancelled that flight but I would be arriving earlier maybe 24th. Please how soon can I start driving with my naija driving license? I plan on getting a ride as soon as I ball in. #team Illinois #team music undecided
My love you will go through a driving test and other protocols. They do accept naija DL tho. I went through same process before getting my car.
At last welcome to Chicago. Runaway lover tongue cheesy I just feel on top of the world!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Amerinancy: My love you will go through a driving test and other protocols. They do accept naija DL tho. I went through same process before getting my car.
At last welcome to Chicago. Runaway lover tongue cheesy
any hint on how to get a very cheap car?i need one too o grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Lonewolf001: 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
Joenice: So you want him to get rejected, right? God's watching you.

oga joe abeg i need more info on one of your earlier posts i've sent you an e-mail dunno if u got it buh try holla back if you fit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Amerinancy(f): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2014
decreamaster: any hint on how to get a very cheap car?i need one too o grin
sure cars are cheap here. Erryone has a car. When you come in then your pocket and bills will let you know if you really need a car grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
teddyrain: explain a beg sir. shocked
charzyh2 of course
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Datanonymous: 9:52pm On Sep 11, 2014
Hi peeps... I just noticed GTB MasterCard doesn't work in Walmart stores. Is it just me biko? Anyone had this issue before? I tried purchasing a money order today a day gbam!! Been there for hours. Please I need help.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Datanonymous: 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2014
Msnas... Biko I have been looking for your post on wire transfer and collection. Do you please have the link or rather shed more light on that stuff?
Thanks.
MsNas:
I'm sorry. Busy has been my first name since school started. I will check and reply ASAP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 10:16pm On Sep 11, 2014
Datanonymous: Hi peeps... I just noticed GTB MasterCard doesn't work in Walmart stores. Is it just me biko? Anyone had this issue before? I tried purchasing a money order today a day gbam!! Been there for hours. Please I need help.
It's not just you. It doesn't work anymore. Use an ATM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Datanonymous: 10:43pm On Sep 11, 2014
Mehn... Thanks dear... So how would you advice I go about the transfer.... $5k I need to get into my USA account from my GTB account?
MsNas:
It's not just you. It doesn't work anymore. Use an ATM.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Datanonymous: 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
Datanonymous: Mehn... Thanks dear... So how would you advice I go about the transfer.... $5k I need to get into my USA account from my GTB account?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MsNas(f): 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2014
Datanonymous: Mehn... Thanks dear... So how would you advice I go about the transfer.... $5k dollars I need to get into my USA account from my GTB account?
ATM. I think you can withdraw 1K at a go. Or better still try another store that Sell's money order. It might work. My card worked at my school's student Union Building caf when I bought a coke last week, I wanted to use it yesterday and it didn't work.

You could call GTBank too, my friend did and her card works just fine now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Datanonymous: 10:48pm On Sep 11, 2014
Is there any nairalander in Tulsa, Oklahoma Biko... Boredom over here is at its peak right now!!! It's such a white city Mehn.... I can't deal with them. I need Naija friends sad
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Datanonymous: 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2014
I just called GTB and they said there is nothing they can do cos the card is fine... Umh... Which other store sells moneyorder that you know of?
MsNas:
ATM. I think you can withdraw 1K at a go. Or better still try another store that Sell's money order. It might work. My card worked at my school's student Union Building caf when I bought a coke last week, I wanted to use it yesterday and it didn't work.

You could call GTBank too, my friend did and her card works just fine now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by fashbaba: 11:00pm On Sep 11, 2014
first timer here. Good day all, I heard interview appointment had been booked upto mid november. Am still expecting my i20. wont i be asked for my i20 on the point of appointment booking?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by DanjaNinja(m): 12:21am On Sep 12, 2014
Quick Question House,

1. Has anyone used NAHCO for Transcript delivery to the states?.What was the cost and how quick was the delivery time?

2. Whats the cost of Transcript delivery from Naija to the U.S with DHL? (DHL's website has not been hepful cry cry cry cry)

Thx House.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 12:41am On Sep 12, 2014
Datanonymous,

GTB has long ago stopped the working of their ATM card in buying money orders at Walmart and other giant grocery stores after they discovered how cheap it costs(70 cents only) and how they were losing much money to people preferring to buy money orders(where the 70 cent charge goes to Walmart and none to GTB since it is a POS transaction) to using the ATM to withdraw where the bank gets N420 charge for them.

Just look for an ATM to withdraw your money and I would advise that you withdraw your money, the amount that you will need for sometime, somewhat in bulk and deposit into your US bank account so you wont get charged N420 GTB bank charge + $3 US bank charge(total of N920) each time you withdraw. Hoepfully, once you get a job on campus, start working and earning a salary you would depend less and less on withdrawing money back home frequently.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 12:46am On Sep 12, 2014
DanjaNinja: Quick Question House,

1. Has anyone used NAHCO for Transcript delivery to the states?.What was the cost and how quick was the delivery time?

2. Whats the cost of Transcript delivery from Naija to the U.S with DHL? (DHL's website has not been hepful cry cry cry cry)

Thx House.

@bold...reminds me of Sodium Hydrogen Trioxocarbonate IV compound(NAHCO3) I studied in Chemistry way back in secondary school. cheesy I'm surprised I remembered the IUPAC name immediately I saw the acronym.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Datanonymous: 1:09am On Sep 12, 2014
Nah wah to GTB ooo, Thanks mahn, I think that's the best option right now sad Thanks a lot mahn.
bigfrancis21: Datanonymous,

GTB has long ago stopped the working of their ATM card in buying money orders at Walmart and other giant grocery stores after they discovered how cheap it costs(70 cents only) and how they were losing much money to people preferring to buy money orders(where the 70 cent charge goes to Walmart and none to GTB since it is a POS transaction) to using the ATM to withdraw where the bank gets N420 charge for them.

Just look for an ATM to withdraw your money and I would advise that you withdraw your money, the amount that you will need for sometime, somewhat in bulk and deposit into your US bank account so you wont get charged N420 GTB bank charge + $3 US bank charge(total of N920) each time you withdraw. Hoepfully, once you get a job on campus, start working and earning a salary you would depend less and less on withdrawing money back home frequently.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by wahabcoal(m): 2:03am On Sep 12, 2014
goryorhal:

At akodu street .. Close to luth

Oh! wow...spent 25 years @ Akodu close, off Martins before relocating. You still reside there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 2:13am On Sep 12, 2014
fashbaba: first timer here. Good day all, I heard interview appointment had been booked upto mid november. Am still expecting my i20. wont i be asked for my i20 on the point of appointment booking?
have no fear dear,i just made an appointment for a friend and am happy to tell you that there are still dates in september sef.
you will always see a slot when ever you are ready.
i20 is required because you will have to fill in your sevis number and the school code too.
so is either you mail you sch to send u your sevis number and sch code or simply wait for your package smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 2:19am On Sep 12, 2014
bigfrancis21: Datanonymous,

what about zenith master card?does this work
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 3:46am On Sep 12, 2014
Gevic: charzyh2 of course
bro, i greet u
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 5:19am On Sep 12, 2014
Datanonymous: Is there any nairalander in Tulsa, Oklahoma Biko... Boredom over here is at its peak right now!!! It's such a white city Mehn.... I can't deal with them. I need Naija friends sad

grin

With or with no naija friends, you will have to start learning to live independently and lonely from now on. Americans are defiantly lonely and independent people, its their culture, and coming from a culture back home where everybody is into every other person's business, it can be really culturally changing. smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 5:20am On Sep 12, 2014
decreamaster: what about zenith master card?does this work

I haven't tried it out before. You can try it out let's see.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bigfrancis21: 5:21am On Sep 12, 2014
fashbaba: first timer here. Good day all, I heard interview appointment had been booked upto mid november. Am still expecting my i20. wont i be asked for my i20 on the point of appointment booking?

No you won't be asked for it when booking online. You will only be required to bring it along when going for your interview on your interview date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:29am On Sep 12, 2014
DanjaNinja: Quick Question House,

Thx House.
You won't spend more than 1k if its transcript you're posting through NAHCO. DHL has offer for student, so you would need to check the nearest office close to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:41am On Sep 12, 2014
Lonewolf001:

oga joe abeg i need more info on one of your earlier posts i've sent you an e-mail dunno if u got it buh try holla back if you fit
Hi, could you please send me a private message again? I receive lots of emails sometimes. I probably didn't receive yours previously.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.