Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (441) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (870493 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 12:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
AgreatMan:
I read every bit of page 1 to 439 in 5days, d thing no easy. n I will see peeps who r asking for info n some experienced peeps'll say go n read d entire season 5, nna meehn. As a guy who reads n notes what he reads I'll lk to shout out to some people: slimmy's really very helpful, I wish walspring a successful interview, dicapino n edlib wey dey tear Gre this guys will be like: 'damn! y didn't I get 170? I must petition Gre'. Profojah n pussiesandie, hmmm! I dey hail zeeza wey hold down Houston n MSnas wey wan port if she see chance. n I really lk d swag of this guy idawbaz, d guy has a nice balance btw acedemics n socials, this guy dey rep.

As per the VO interview, d VO seem to ask THE SAME questions for every candidate n I feel d main reasons y pple get denied is because their answers r too shallow for a graduate student. how did u hear about this sch? y did u choose this sch over others? y do u want this degree? This r d 3 places where you need to 'tear d VO apart'. I will drop ma profile soon, am also hoping for fall 2015 but no be by force o cos i luv naija but na by force also, cos I always want to succeed in my endeavours.

You really read everything dude......wish you success with ya applications
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jbonito(m): 2:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
Hello House!! I've been a guest for too long on this thread and i finally decided to join today grin... Well i applied to some schools for my MBA and i got admitted into Virginia International University!. My I-20 should touch down today or tomorrow.. Pls is there anyone with info about the school or the city? Anything would be of great help.

Thanks

cc all the boss in the house

Slimmy05
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 2:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
marck:
whats the cheapest way to call people back home in naija if they dont have a smartphone?

smartphone or VoIP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
amanze15:
Abeg the proof of sponsorship letter would be addressed to the school or to the embassy?! smiley slimmy05 pls email me ur munber
the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 2:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
Aulor:
When I read interview transcripts and people say they weren't asked for their documents, I always find it very hard to believe, until it happened to me this morning.

Goodluck to potential applicants

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2015
jbonito:
Hello House!! I've been a guest for too long on this thread and i finally decided to join today grin... Well i applied to some schools for my MBA and i got admitted into Virginia International University!. My I-20 should touch down today or tomorrow.. Pls is there anyone with info about the school or the city? Anything would be of great help.

Thanks

VIU in short. I don't think their status has changed.

If I'm correct, please your real I-20 won't touch down anytime soon.

The search has only just begun.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:42pm On Apr 14, 2015
But why this stigma with VIU? undecided
Them no accredit the school?
imperiouxx:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 14, 2015
Aulor:
When I read interview transcripts and people say they weren't asked for their documents, I always find it very hard to believe, until it happened to me this morning.
6:30am appointment, Lagos Visa Office, Window 6
VO: Good Morning
Me: Good Morning Sir
VO: Why are u going to d US
Me: To obtain a master's degree in Public Health
VO: How did u know about d sch?
Me: Did some extensive research online via usnews.com and Google.com, and narrowed my search to my sch
VO: Why this sch?
Me: This was where I hijacked the interview, gave him a brief lecture on the public health concentration/specialization areas my school offers and how it aligned with my career aspirations, integrated it with implementation of that specific knowledge and skill in the Nigerian healthcare system.
and convinced him why my school offers the ideal academic structure. VO then cuts in while I was talking, and said those magic words....visa approved.

No documents where asked for, not even bank statements and tests results, and to think my folder couldn't contain my documents, had to put them in a bag.

The key learning here is, prepare yourself, be confident, answer intelligently, that way you don't give the VO an opportunity to find a fault.
Above all, and most importantly...say a word of prayer, you have no idea how much it will do.

Goodluck to potential applicants

Congratulation bro,welcome to obama land
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jbonito(m): 2:44pm On Apr 14, 2015
imperiouxx:

Please Sir can you explain what you mean by the real I-20 and the status not changing yet? Thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 2:49pm On Apr 14, 2015
jbonito:

Thanks

Slimmy05

Personally, I'd say if you wanna go for your MBA and you don't have an advanced degree yet in your field(assuming it's not Business administration or Management related), get a top ranking university. If your undergrad major is Management-related and you're looking to get a job after, with your degree, you might be better off going for a Dual degree program; maybe with Accounting. If however, your major is say something Engineering, and you're hoping to get a job after graduation, better to go for an MS. The city is great, school not so great.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jbonito(m): 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
biikeys:

Personally, I'd say if you wanna go for your MBA and you don't have an advanced degree yet in your field(assuming it's not Business administration or Management related), get a top ranking university. If your undergrad major is Management-related and you're looking to get a job after, with your degree, you might be better off going for a Dual degree program; maybe with Accounting. If however, your major is say something Engineering, and you're hoping to get a job after graduation, better to go for an MS. The city is great, school not so great.

My Major is Political Economics... I will just like to know if the school has a particular black spot about them or something...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by onuawuchi: 2:53pm On Apr 14, 2015
Please people help me out. The I-20 I am going to the embassy with just arrived. But I noticed a mistake in my DOB. Instead of 12/12,they typed 12/20. I want to know if that'll be a major issue at the embassy. I am already writing them an email to bring it to their notice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 2:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
sirRiddy:

Not all schools are accredited in the U.S and not all accredited schools in the U.S. have reputation. And some accreditation are probational.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2015
jbonito:

My Major is Political Economics... I will just like to know if the school has a particular black spot about them or something...
Its a white dominated area, not a great place anyway. The school itself is not good at all. I wouldn't advice waste money there except you're using it as an escape route.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
onuawuchi:
Please people help me out. The I-20 I am going to the embassy with just arrived. But I noticed a mistake in my DOB. Instead of 12/12,they typed 12/20. I want to know if that'll be a major issue at the embassy. I am already writing them an email to bring it to their notice.
Send an email to your school so they can send another i20 to you. You do not have to email the embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
imperiouxx:

Not all schools are accredited in the U.S and not all accredited schools in the U.S. have reputation. And some accreditation are probational.
All these information are what one can get using google.com.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by jbonito(m): 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2015
slimmy05:
Its a white dominated area, not a great place anyway. The school itself is not good at all. I wouldn't advice waste money there except you're using it as an escape route.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
onuawuchi:
Use correction fluid now grin You don't need to email the embassy, email your school to give you a note or probably send you another I-20 if your interview date is not so early.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
sirRiddy:
grin I dey suspect you o Why waste funds when there are better schools that charges even cheaper than VIU?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:01pm On Apr 14, 2015
jbonito:

Please Sir can you explain what you mean by the real I-20 and the status not changing yet? Thanks a lot

In the past (last year), VIU has no good reputation at the embassy. Probably because they admit low grade points or being a mushroom school (with various online programs..... just like uni of phoenix). I will ask you to do more applications if that's the only school you've applied to.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
AgreatMan:
I read every bit of page 1 to 439 in 5days, d thing no easy. n I will see peeps who r asking for info n some experienced peeps'll say go n read d entire season 5, nna meehn. As a guy who reads n notes what he reads I'll lk to shout out to some people: slimmy's really very helpful, I wish walspring a successful interview, dicapino n edlib wey dey tear Gre this guys will be like: 'damn! y didn't I get 170? I must petition Gre'. Profojah n pussiesandie, hmmm! I dey hail zeeza wey hold down Houston n MSnas wey wan port if she see chance. n I really lk d swag of this guy idawbaz, d guy has a nice balance btw acedemics n socials, this guy dey rep.

As per the VO interview, d VO seem to ask THE SAME questions for every candidate n I feel d main reasons y pple get denied is because their answers r too shallow for a graduate student. how did u hear about this sch? y did u choose this sch over others? y do u want this degree? This r d 3 places where you need to 'tear d VO apart'. I will drop ma profile soon, am also hoping for fall 2015 but no be by force o cos i luv naija but na by force also, cos I always want to succeed in my endeavours.
U try mhen cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2015
slimmy05:
All these information are what one can get using google.com.

Abi na. Not because the school is in the U.S. then it should be accepted.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
imperiouxx:

In the past (last year), VIU has no good reputation at the embassy. Probably because they admit low grade points or a mushroom school (with various online programs..... just like uni of phoenix). I will ask you to do more applications if that's the only school you've applied to.
They accept any transcript even if it's oluwole cheesy. Agent use VIU a lot. The embassy discovered that some people couldn't even write standardize test and even pronounce common English. The Vo questioned the student credibility.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2015
zeezahbee:
They accept any transcript even if it's oluwole cheesy. Agent use VIU a lot. The embassy discovered that some people couldn't even write standardize test and even pronounce common English. The Vo questioned the student credibility.

Yea, admitting low grade point and for profit only school. Bad reputation.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 14, 2015
zeezahbee:
Its for escape route now wink But even if one wants to escape there are lots of better schools that would accept you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
zeezahbee:
U try mhen cheesy cheesy
How come he didn't spot your fights grin where you on vacation in part 5? lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
Suspect kwa?
I was just curious now. But what about the
fate of genuine students like this guy that is
expecting his i-20?
Wahala won po l'embassy sha lipsrsealed
How you dey, my oga?

slimmy05:
grin I dey suspect you o Why waste funds when there are better schools that charges even cheaper than VIU?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by onuawuchi: 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2015
Thanks. The email was for my school not for the embassy. Forgive my grammar.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 14, 2015
sirRiddy:
Suspect kwa?
I was just curious now. But what about the
fate of genuine students like this guy that is
expecting his i-20?
Wahala won po l'embassy sha lipsrsealed
How you dey, my oga?

The truth remains anyone who chose that school is not really or I wont view that person as a genuine student. The person is just agent wired student.

Its usually an escape route for students. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by gunther6(m): 3:59pm On Apr 14, 2015
These people just dey vex me.... No funding again... Our funds for this year is rather light.... Blah blah blah... Mtcheew
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
Alright then. Thanks for the info.
slimmy05:
The truth remains anyone who chose that school is not really or I wont view that person as a genuine student. The person is just agent wired student.

Its usually an escape route for students. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
Which school?
gunther6:
These people just dey vex me.... No funding again... Our funds for this year is rather light.... Blah blah blah... Mtcheew

(1) (2) (3) ... (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) (443) (444) ... (502)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 15 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 18 / Lets Talk About Estonia

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.