Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,086 members, 7,821,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868937 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by bumdish: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by profdot(m): 1:24pm On Oct 09, 2014
profdot:
hello gurus in the house.
pls I am confused on what to indicate on my i20 request form in section of dependents.
a- they won't join me at all
b- join later when am settled
c- travelling with me now.
I would like them to join me later. should I just go on and tick option b( to join me when am settled). what are the consequences ? would this reflect on i20? hope additional fund won't be needed or indicated for dependants?
Thanks in advance.

pls anybody. I need ur advice on this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 1:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
aanowai,

Yes o. I just gentle o patiently waiting for my I-20 to arrive. It's on its way to Nigeria as I write. I am hoping to receive it before ending of October they used USPS. Don't allow the ISSO office rest o until they confirm that your I-20 has been mailed. That was how I missed out in Fall 2014. My concern now is the rate at which appointment dates are getting filled up.

aanowai:

Azeez Baba, how far? Hope u enjoyed ur holiday? I haven't heard from u since August. Have u received ur i-20 now? I haven't gotten mine yet oh.. Though have sent updated copies of financial docs and others, to my school, like #teddyrain rightly said..

Teddyrain, how far.. Have u got ur spring 2015 i-20?

Damine, how far.. Have u received ur admission package for spring 2015?

Pls, let's establish communication.. Na October we dey so oh!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by homu88: 1:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
Please is there anybody in the house that's studying in Louisiana Tech University
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by XketchDesigns(m): 2:17pm On Oct 09, 2014
Walspring:

Please ask the question again
XketchDesigns:
Hi guys, it's me again.
I was able to go through some few pages and I noticed something. Something about transcript evaluation at WES.

Please, can someone give me a bullet run down of the process of applying to a school in the US? From beginning asin fresh fresh to the end. Just make it in bullets, each stage. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by younique10: 2:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hey guys...is EducationUSA the best...I mean...dey re telling me to go for fall 2015 when I had all hopes in going for spring 2015..
They want to see my SAT result before I can become a member and dat will be during November. I wanted to attend Minnesota State University Moorhead,but EducationUSA told me that they won't encourage me to go to MSUM because of the bad weather and I would not even get a visa.
Plus who is going to attend or is already attending University of South Dakota
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
younique10:
Hey guys...is EducationUSA the best...I mean...dey re telling me to go for fall 2015 when I had all hopes in going for spring 2015..
They want to see my SAT result before I can become a member and dat will be during November. I wanted to attend Minnesota State University Moorhead,but EducationUSA told me that they won't encourage me to go to MSUM because of the bad weather and I would not even get a visa.
Plus who is going to attend or is already attending University of South Dakota

Its seems you went for their seminar and they told you all these, well they are telling you the best and if you follow them its good but get ready to spend your time and money because they will drill you very well.

On the other hands you can do it yourself without going through EducationUsa cos there are alot of schools who won't ask you to go through educationUsa .

Am sure for you to have pass through this and they are telling you all these, it means you just graduated from high school, you still fresh and have good grades in your O'level result..

EducationUsa like hard working people and not people who will ask them to do it for him/her but you will spend your money and time and tell you what you will expect in your interview..

Here also is the same but there are just few difference that i can't post here..

A word is enough for a wise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
XketchDesigns:

You questions are funny both don't worry someone will reply and give you answer soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by XketchDesigns(m): 2:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
Walspring:

You questions are funny both don't worry someone will reply and give you answer soon.
Funny how? If you don't understand tell me let me clarify.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2014
honeyad:

Thanks boss... Do I need to apply for that at the embassy or will I get it at the airport in Madrid ?

I'll be anticipating your response.

You'd have to get it at the embassy before flying as far as I know...double-check with them though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by biikeys(m): 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
nikas0005:
2nd DEC what if someone school resume January 12 can that work

Had my interview 2 weeks to resumption.So, it can work..but will involve some rush
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
Anonymous1900:

Yes your b1/b2 visa is still valid however you need to make sure that the immigration officer at the us port of entry stamps your f1 visa and not your visiting visa so you dont have issues in the country. Your b1/b2 visa will remain valid till the date it expires and also you can renew your f1 visa if it expires before you finish your program. Just get a new i20 from your school saying you are still registered and you can go to the embassy with that. At the moment however you dont need to worry about all that, you will get accustomed to what needs to be done before that time comes.

Thank you very much sir, I really appreciate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by aanowai(m): 3:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
azeezbaba:
aanowai,

Yes o. I just gentle o patiently waiting for my I-20 to arrive. It's on its way to Nigeria as I write. I am hoping to receive it before ending of October they used USPS. Don't allow the ISSO office rest o until they confirm that your I-20 has been mailed. That was how I missed out in Fall 2014. My concern now is the rate at which appointment dates are getting filled up.

Azeez Baba, great news from ur end.. From my end, the latest development here is that, the ISSO office of my school needs to send me a confirmation email stating that I have been confirmed for Spring 2015 admission and then after that, the next email will be with the tracking number of my admission package.

Isn't it the same way with urs?

Talking abt, the appointment dates, I'll advise that u come to Lagos for ur visa appointment, since there are available dates in October. I'm saying this so that u can get ur visa b4 November and start planning early for ur departure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by wale1470(m): 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hello guys it been a while i am so sorry i did not put down my last fall visa interview experience..it was on May7th, my interview was 7am i got there 7>15 i did the nomal stuff and i was called for scanning also give them my passport and i20 then my number was called and the VO said are you so so so ?
i said yes she was black american at the age rang of 30 she ask alot question and also for few min close to 15min we were communicating so she ask if i have travel before i told her no then she said why do i chose the school that was when i lose control because i have beat all her question......i think fast and notting come up so i just tell her my school is one among the best college in united state...and she look at me life see the thief shay she now type and tell me (AM SORRY UN HEREBY DENIAL YOU F1 VISA U CAN REAPPLY THANK YOU SIR) I was so sad i have no choice than to go again this sprig and also...for those flying DEC 24 WE are on the same flight quta air sure like baba ijeju..i am will be flighing to Ohio any nairaland guru in Toledo Ohio...PM me make i sleep first.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Mystiqme: 4:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
sirRiddy:
smiley Glad to hear that. I just graduated in july from dept of comp sc. What department did you graduate from and in what year?
I'm from the BOO axis. I graduated '08.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
aanowai:

Azeez Baba, how far? Hope u enjoyed ur holiday? I haven't heard from u since August. Have u received ur i-20 now? I haven't gotten mine yet oh.. Though have sent updated copies of financial docs and others, to my school, like #teddyrain rightly said..

Teddyrain, how far.. Have u got ur spring 2015 i-20?

Damine, how far.. Have u received ur admission package for spring 2015?

Pls, let's establish communication.. Na October we dey so oh!
yea i got my i20 $Ince last week monday through usps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
azeezbaba:
aanowai,

go get your visa bro. Book now. Where u heading to?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:12pm On Oct 09, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Funny how? If you don't understand tell me let me clarify.

Okay big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 5:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
bumdish:

https://www.nairaland.com/1940514/nairalander-day-trip-across-canada

why are you spamming the whole thread oga? Must you post this link in every single thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by expertman(m): 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hello BOSSES in the house. After spending so much time planing my mums visa. She was given 2years multiple entry last 2weeks. So we planning for her flight and hotel money. By next week she should get her the money with Bta. Please how can I get cheap flight to New york? Those that just travel for their Fall session how did you get your cheap Flight Ticket? Hope to hear back from you . Thanks and God Bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by virgindesy(m): 7:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
hello brothers. please am planning to write TOEFL . please I want to know if its some thing I can register my self and please how do I get materials for it. and should anyone know a good center in lagos where I can register, I will appreciate it a lot. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2014
virgindesy:
hello brothers. please am planning to write TOEFL . please I want to know if its some thing I can register my self and please how do I get materials for it. and should anyone know a good center in lagos where I can register, I will appreciate it a lot. thanks

Ma, yes you can. To get materials, send an empty mail to selfstudy360@gmail.com. Best wishes as you prepare.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by meskezzy(f): 7:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Hi guys, promise I will read through the thread when I get the time. I just need some quick answers.

1. Please is there any website I can do a quick search? For schools and courses?
2. Is it a must I do great, or I can get schools that will accept just toefl?
3. When is the average deadline for summer admission?
Thanks guys.
use www.gradschools.com this is faster and u can easily get list of US schools offering ur choice of course..
Yes some schools accept TOEFL/IETLS alone but u need to know that we always people to write GRE cos this will prepare for the methods used by most schools in US..
My 2cent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by wale1470(m): 8:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
guru's which one is better SAT or TOEFL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by virgindesy(m): 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
@godg thanks so much..I will do just that now

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by XketchDesigns(m): 8:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
meskezzy:

use www.gradschools.com this is faster and u can easily get list of US schools offering ur choice of course..
Yes some schools accept TOEFL/IETLS alone but u need to know that we always people to write GRE cos this will prepare for the methods used by most schools in US..
My 2cent
Thanks bro. You are a life saver.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 8:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
teddyrain:
go get your visa bro. Book now. Where u heading to?

Am heading to North Carolina bro. And you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by azeezbaba(m): 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
aanowai:

Azeez Baba, great news from ur end.. From my end, the latest development here is that, the ISSO office of my school needs to send me a confirmation email stating that I have been confirmed for Spring 2015 admission and then after that, the next email will be with the tracking number of my admission package.

Isn't it the same way with urs?

Talking abt, the appointment dates, I'll advise that u come to Lagos for ur visa appointment, since there are available dates in October. I'm saying this so that u can get ur visa b4 November and start planning early for ur departure.

I thought my school was slow in processing, yours is super-slow. Teddyrain already has his I-20. Like I said don't allow them rest until you hear a good response. Dates are getting filled by the hour.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2014
wale1470:
guru's which one is better SAT or TOEFL?

Both... although SAT comprises Math, and English while TOEFL is English only
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by wale1470(m): 8:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
any nairalander in ohio toledo? PM me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 9:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
need ur prayers o, na 24th i dey write my "$200" investment smiley.......hustling late Reg for spring 2015 undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by honeyad(m): 10:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
biikeys:

You'd have to get it at the embassy before flying as far as I know...double-check with them though.

I just sent them an email and they said its not required.. Thanks anyway boss... Bless!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.