Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself (45614 Views)

3-Day-Old Baby Abandoned In Front Of A Church In Lagos (Photos) / 3-day Old Baby Amara Chiedozie, Learns To Feed Self / Cameroonian Lady Buys Nigerian 3-day-old Baby For N1.2m!!! (2) (3) (4)

3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by zees(f): 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2014
Glugging milk from a bottle, Amara Chiedozie looks like any other contented three-week-old.

Except, that is, for the fact she is already capable of holding the container on her own.

Even more incredibly, her mother claims she has been doing it since she was three days old. The strength of her grip at such a tender age has amazed her family and medics.

Her mother Onyi Chiedozie, 20, said: ‘When we were feeding, she started shaking, then she just grabbed the bottle. She was holding it by herself.

‘We couldn’t believe it because babies don’t normally do it that young. I’m so shocked that I have been documenting it every day. It’s unbelievable.

When she doesn’t want it she will push it away. She isn’t strong enough to throw it away, but she does push it, like she does with her dummy. If she is really hungry, she starts shaking. Then she will just grab the bottle as you give it to her.’

Miss Chiedozie, a single mother from Chadwell Heath in Essex, makes sure she is always watching her daughter when she is feeding herself. She said: ‘Sometimes I hold her or sometimes you can prop her up with a pillow and give her the bottle. I’m always watching her – I don’t let her out of my sight.’

Amara weighed 6lbs 3oz when she was born on August 3 at Queen’s Hospital in Romford.

Miss Chiedozie said her progress had astounded medical professionals. The student added: ‘Even nurses are really surprised. When my health support nurse came, she was shocked as well. She couldn’t believe that this could happen.

‘Whenever we go to appointments, we take pictures of her doing it. The midwife and even the doctor we had an appointment with on Saturday were actually amazed. They couldn’t believe it.

Miss Chiedozie also breastfeeds Amara regularly. She said: ‘The breastfeeding is better now – it’s comfortable. It used to be painful and sore before but it’s good now.

‘When she breastfeeds she is touching and holding on to me. It’s a really nice experience and way to bond.’ Babies are usually able to hold a bottle unaided from around six months.

Parents’ charity NCT warns on its website against letting them feed themselves. It advises: ‘If you give your baby a bottle, always hold the bottle and your baby whilst feeding. It’s not safe to leave babies to feed themselves or to prop up a bottle; if they choke they won’t be able to push the bottle away.’

The charity also warns that babies can choke on something as small as a grape and should not be left alone while feeding or eating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0hmRso1oxU

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2730946/This-newborn-lot-bottle-British-baby-shocks-medical-profession-learning-feed-just-two-days-old.html

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by zees(f): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
another pix

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by zees(f): 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
pix

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by oluchijud(f): 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
Naija pikin no dey carry last..D child don dey learn survival skills from d mama belle

142 Likes

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by 20bc(m): 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
tarrr if I hear say that babe na 3day old

32 Likes

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
Just maybe she died of starvation in her former life.

Whatever happened to the baby friendly initiative that mother's practice?

46 Likes

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Tolexander: 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
Maybe the baby spent more than 12 months in the womb and had started developing the sign of babyhood before birth.
Not suprising seeing the 3-day old baby doing what 4-month old baby does.

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by safarigirl(f): 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
Is it just me or is the 20-year old babe more interested in the camera than her child?

See as she dey strike her best pose, she no dey even look her pikin

114 Likes

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by asadike(f): 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
abeg dat baby don reach 3 mths. Bt wait o, whap hapend 2 breast feedin? D mum fyn sha.

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Missmossy(f): 8:27pm On Aug 22, 2014
safarigirl: Is it just me or is the 20-year old babe more interested in the camera than her child?

No be only you oocheesy its so damn obvious it seems she wants the publicity so much.

20 Likes

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Ishilove: 8:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
safarigirl: Is it just me or is the 20-year old babe more interested in the camera than her child?

As in ehn. But I am surprised the child is being bottle fed at that early age. Methinks its just severe hunger worrying the baby.

Safari you see your life?? Your mates don dey born and you are here forming tata. tongue

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Dygeasy(m): 8:30pm On Aug 22, 2014

Missmossy:
No be only you oocheesy its so damn obvious it seems she wants the publicity so much.
Biko free the babe o. This might be her only chance at 'blowing'.

No stop her shine abeg grin

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Dreyl(m): 8:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
Na lie jor!!! shocked

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Missmossy(f): 8:53pm On Aug 22, 2014
Dygeasy: Biko free the babe o. This might be her only chance at 'blowing'.

No stop her shine abeg grin
Na tru you talk oooo...its her time for such,let her enjoy it while it lasts...ride on!

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2014
Missmossy:
Na tru you talk oooo...its her time for such,let her enjoy it while it lasts...ride on!
Your own time is coming soon. kiss

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Missmossy(f): 9:02pm On Aug 22, 2014
softsparkyy:
Your own time is coming soon. kiss
Lollz....i don't need publicity for this kind of thing biko.
Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 22, 2014
Missmossy:
Lollz....i don't need publicity for this kind of thing biko.
It mustn't be for stuff like this.
Better days ahead!

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by safarigirl(f): 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ishilove:
As in ehn. But I am surprised the child is being bottle fed at that early age. Methinks its just severe hunger worrying the baby.

Safari you see your life?? Your mates don dey born and you are here forming tata. tongue
haba aunty Ishi. I dey wait you and Oga Seun na tongue

This babe dey like pesin wey my elder sister sef fit see for road dey greet am "Good Morning Ma"....no be say pesin marry her sef, she go carry belle for man wey never graduate from flexing. You no read say she be single mum?

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Ishilove: 9:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
safarigirl: haba aunty Ishi. I dey wait you and Oga Seun na tongue

This babe dey like pesin wey my elder sister sef fit see for road dey greet am "Good Morning Ma"....no be say pesin marry her sef, she go carry belle for man wey never graduate from flexing. You no read say she be single mum?
No mind Seun. He is there busy forming fine boy up and down town, come forget say gray hair go soon full hin head. Leave him, when I'm ready for him na twins go land sharpaly! tongue

I saw it o. Proper oniranu. Twenty years old and already a single parent. She doesn't even look like she has realised the responsibility involved in raising a child because the baby just be like toy for her eyes.

I wonder why it is so hard for young people of nowadays to use contraceptives. Baby mama-ism is the reigning thing now, no shame again.

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by KingTom(m): 9:33pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ishilove:
No mind Seun. He is there busy forming fine boy up and down town, come forget say gray hair go soon full hin head. Leave him, when I'm ready for him na twins go land sharpaly! tongue

I saw it o. Proper oniranu. Twenty years old and already a single parent. She doesn't even look like she has realised the responsibility involved in raising a child because the baby just be like toy for her eyes.

I wonder why it is so hard for young people of nowadays to use contraceptives. Baby mama-ism is the reigning thing now, no shame again.
Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by safarigirl(f): 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
Ishilove:

you know say child support things dey favor them for there and government fit help you. No ne for naija wey if you carry belle, na you get yourself.

I give she and that pikin 3 years, if her mumsy or one family member no take over, the UK government go collect the pikin. As the babe eye dey shine so, I no sure say her flexing don finish

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by Missmossy(f): 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2014
softsparkyy:
It mustn't be for stuff like this.
Better days ahead!
In MizMyColi's voice i say tanchu.

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by fruityjojo(f): 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2014
Oh my! why is a three year old feeding with a bottle!? This gal just looking 4 cheap publicity! I no sure whether that baby na her own sef!

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by daveP(m): 9:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
KingTom:
kT uve arrived. Hmm
Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by gbenga4sure(m): 9:44pm On Aug 22, 2014
The baby dey enjoy herself joor.She won prove big girl.Carry go

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by gbenga4sure(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
Biggest girl,i dey feel u joor
Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by daveP(m): 9:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
I see why she was hit and thus d baby. What happened to the glands. She needs publicity or what? Hmm

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by KingTom(m): 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
daveP: kT uve arrived. Hmm
a grin b grin I don shiew! ! grin
Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by NickiRoman: 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
That child is older than 3days old abeg.

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by daveP(m): 10:30pm On Aug 22, 2014
KingTom:
a grin b grin I don shiew! ! grin
that holiday na something else o. Hope ure back fully.
Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by TrYcIa1(f): 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2014
Beautiful mother + d baby sha

Re: 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself by abdulslutsky(m): 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tolexander: Maybe the baby spent more than 12 months in the womb and had started developing the sign of babyhood before birth.
Not suprising seeing the 3-day old baby doing what 4-month old baby does.
The baby must have been fed a rumour that she might find herself in nigeria. And as a sharp girl, survival instinct became her resort. wink...

I Can’t Hold Back Sexual Urge Towards My Daughter – Widower Cries Out / Husband And Wife Celebrate Their 100th And 95th Birthdays Together (Photo) / Wife Catches Her Husband Cheating, Throws Out His Belongings