Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Forgiveness And Satan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forgiveness And Satan? (599 Views)

The Delusions Of Forgiveness And The Christian Morality. / The Word 'Forgiveness' And The Concept Behind It. Whats Your Own Definition?. / The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgiveness And Satan? by gnykelly(m): 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
this question is not meant to ridicule any religion just an intellectual curiosity which I asked my classmates. here I would like to share with you. it is not meant support atheist.
"one of the characteristic of God is that he is all-forgiving. what if Satan comes to him and seek for forgiveness will he be forgiven"

I got different answer. from different religious view.
my question is that what is your opinion on it.

1 Like

Re: Forgiveness And Satan? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
If only satan can do dat, 2 end all dese sufferıng, 2 ve a peaceful earth, buh a place has been prepared 4 hım already.
Re: Forgiveness And Satan? by kadas01(m): 8:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
Your curiosity, your thoughts as well as your suggestion are completely "Blasphemous"!!

It is "never" your business to know how THE ALMIGHTY CREATOR is gonna dispense satan!

Please mind your business and leave satan to carry his cross!

The Perfect Will of THE ALMIGHTY would surely prevail on this issue!

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Forgiveness And Satan? by dorox(m): 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
God will never forgive satan should he ask for forgiveness, not that he will ever ask for it anyway. Forgiveness was never an option for the angels of which satan was one, and Adam, because they were perfect. Humans in our fallen state have a sinful tendency, no matter how hard we try, we always give in to sin, that is why God made a provision for us that will restore us to perfection. Compare Romans 7:21-25
Imagine an employee that failed to come to work for some days because he has been by his child's bedside in the hospital after the child became seriously ill and was too distressed to even remember to inform his boss about his whereabout. If on getting to work he learns that he has been fired for absenteeism, surely you can agree that he can plead his case and in most cases any reasonable employer will understand his issues and take him back
Now consider a case where an employer fails to come to work for some days because he thought that he has won the lottery jackpot. On getting to work just to gloat, his boss informed him that he has been fired for absenteeism, if this employee instead of happily telling his boss about his good fortune and why he no longer needs the job, let his fly open, removes his dick and gives the boss' office a good spray and gave his team leader a broken nose for old time sake. Do you think the man can come back to beg for his job back after finding out that his lottery win was a hoax? Even if he did, would any reasonable employer take him back?
Surely the answer would be no, and this is because his action was very willful, it was done out of hate, and not out of a weakness beyond his control.
That is how it is with perfect beings, for them to sin requires crossing a threshold that is alien to them, it takes a willful effort for them to sin.
It is similar to what it means to sin against the holy spirit for which there is no forgiveness, that is to say that even in our imperfect state, it is possible for us to sin in such a way that we cannot blame it on our imperfection. And if Jesus were to make us perfect as he has promised to, we would still be guilty of the sin, hence no forgiveness.
Re: Forgiveness And Satan? by gnykelly(m): 2:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
@dorox thanks for your idea
Re: Forgiveness And Satan? by macof(m): 5:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
Satan is not real.

And even if am to subscribe to the tales of Lucifer..I can honestly say Lucifer isn't evil

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Countries That Kills For Religion / What If... You Are Wrong?.... / "What Is A Proverb In The Bible?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.