Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival (7321 Views)

Photos:Governor Rochas Okorocha Swears In New Imo State's Chief Judge / Have You Seen The New Imo State Government Portal? Gov. Ohakim, Carry Go: / The New Imo State Website Codenamed "the Transformation" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by RareDiamond: 8:01pm On Aug 22, 2014
Imo State the beautiful Eastern Heartland is developing in leaps and bounds due to individuals, collective, institutional and government efforts. The new Imo International Conference Center have already started hosting five (5) star events and conferences like the Nigerian Bar Association annual Convention/Conference, Government and other Business events.

This thread is not meant to promote APC or PDP. Lets make sensible comments.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by vicadex07(m): 8:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
APC is working, haters should go and quench angry

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Sloan: 8:11pm On Aug 22, 2014
But they said the Okorocha government has not done anything? Is this a privately funded project? Especially people like Chino say that APC in Imo is not doing anything? Which one should we believe? I need your opinions now all Ibos in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by slimfit1(m): 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2014
This does not count as development please so let us try to avoid unnecessary pleasants. Build factories andindustries

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 22, 2014
It's just a hall, albiet, a nice looking one. Chill for calabar and you'll see what an "international" conference centre is.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by willyzmart(m): 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2014
Owelle 2015

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by purplesummer(f): 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2014
So wetin concern new yam festival for these pictures?
Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by ChinonsoDike: 8:57pm On Aug 22, 2014
Meanwhile:
Somewhere in Imo.

9 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by ChinonsoDike: 8:58pm On Aug 22, 2014
Please email me if you have concerns, the nation is in peril. We need to fix our nation.

Thank you.
Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Nobody: 9:29pm On Aug 22, 2014
I just wish every single street in Nigeria can be paved with lanes like the road outside that structure. If the posted picture above captioned "Somewhere in Imo" is accurate, then they still have a lot of work to do.

With regards to the building, you can't hate on it, its a good development and looks baddass!
Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Douglasdale(m): 10:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
ChinonsoDike: Meanwhile:
Somewhere in Imo.
Where in IMO? Can u please tell this forum?

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Douglasdale(m): 11:03pm On Aug 22, 2014
slimfit1: This does not count as development please so let us try to avoid unnecessary pleasants. Build factories andindustries
Otondo!!! Govt does not build industries and factories... Private individuals do that. Govt just creates the enabling environment for businesses to thrive.

PS: how many factories are in Dubai or Las Vegas?

6 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 23, 2014
Douglasdale:
Otondo!!! Govt does not build industries and factories... Private individuals do that. Govt just creates the enabling environment for businesses to thrive.

To the extent that govt does not build industries and factories but provides enabling environment you are right. The question we need to ask however is how has Okorocha created such an environment needed to make private investment thrive in Imo State. How many private investment has he attracted to Imo in the last three years? How does he expect Imo youth to work when no private investor is setting up shop in Imo? Can the govt realistically employ the thousands of graduates Imo produces every year?
The conference centre is a beautiful piece of architecture but how does that improve the welfare of my cousin who has been without work for 5 years. It's about building International Conference Centre, Freedom Square, Ojukwu Square and other such grandiose projects that add little value to the life of the jobless. At the end of the day, that centre puts no food on my table.
Three years ago, he boasted in his usual manner that come 2021 Imo State will stop collecting its share from the Federation Account, with seven years to go what has he done to make that possible. Not saying he's a total failure but he should do things that impact more on the lives of the people that those centres.

7 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by priscaoge(f): 12:50am On Aug 23, 2014
Op I didn't see the new Freedom Square and Bongo Centregrin biko post the pics
Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by priscaoge(f): 12:53am On Aug 23, 2014
MOBJECTIVE: It's just a hall, albiet, a nice looking one. Chill for calabar and you'll see what an "international" conference centre is.
Bro take a chill pill,this is no competition thread,@least it's better than none. I know MANY States in Nigeria that don't have one. I love the Conference Center and it's lovely as well. Let's put sentiments aside and appreciate some good works for once. Thanks wink

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by IGBOSON1: 1:09am On Aug 23, 2014
For petes sake, why can't Imo state do PROPER road markings and tidy up the sides of their roads!? Whenever i see shots (pics/videos) of Owerri, there's always one thing or the other that's left undone or done half-heartedly! sad

Very annoying!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by IGBOSON1: 1:12am On Aug 23, 2014
OP, any chance of seeing the rest rooms inside the conference centre? I want to see if they're fully equipped and of international standard!
Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by slimfit1(m): 1:23am On Aug 23, 2014
Douglasdale:

I know govt does not build factories but government can loot right. Build them and privatise them let be honest trying to convince investors to come to Nigeria is not a small ta s k in difficult in a develop world not to talk of Nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by MayorofLagos(m): 1:53am On Aug 23, 2014
Compare Imo to that yeye Anambra abeg.....see progress for my in-law state, chei, makes me want visit sef.

Are those Imo girls in the picture? See authentic Ibo woman, no beard, no big biceps...all smooth, soft and feminine...unlike those gorillas they call women in Anambra. In Anambra women look like world wrestling federation belt holder, all muscular and brute looking.

yeye people.. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Douglasdale(m): 7:50am On Aug 23, 2014
APContherun:
To the extent that govt does not build industries and factories but provides enabling environment you are right. The question we need to ask however is how has Okorocha created such an environment needed to make private investment thrive in Imo State. How many private investment has he attracted to Imo in the last three years? How does he expect Imo youth to work when no private investor is setting up shop in Imo? Can the govt realistically employ the thousands of graduates Imo produces every year?
The conference centre is a beautiful piece of architecture but how does that improve the welfare of my cousin who has been without work for 5 years. It's about building International Conference Centre, Freedom Square, Ojukwu Square and other such grandiose projects that add little value to the life of the jobless. At the end of the day, that centre puts no food on my table.
Three years ago, he boasted in his usual manner that come 2021 Imo State will stop collecting its share from the Federation Account, with seven years to go what has he done to make that possible. Not saying he's a total failure but he should do things that impact more on the lives of the people that those centres.
Stop contradicting urself. Most IMO state have Factories and Industries? How many factories and Industries does Dubai, Las Vegas, Hawaii, Calabar etc all have? Who would want to set up an industry when u neither have raw materials or the available markets for your products?
You need to look at what IMO has got going for them then develop that potential instead of just thing about factories and businesses...
IMO is a Hospitality hotspot and we should be looking at developing along that line... We can never be as Industrialized as Rivers, Abia(aba) and ENUGU. What we need are Grandeur Resorts, Cineplex, Deveelopment of Oguta lake into a world class resort, Museums, Art Galleries, Cafes, Galleries and other cultural edifices. That is the area we should key into to attract investments and boast our economies.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 23, 2014
Douglasdale:
Stop contradicting urself. Most IMO state have Factories and Industries? How many factories and Industries does Dubai, Las Vegas, Hawaii, Calabar etc all have? Who would want to set up an industry when u neither have raw materials or the available markets for your products?
You need to look at what IMO has got going for them then develop that potential instead of just thing about factories and businesses...
IMO is a Hospitality hotspot and we should be looking at developing along that line... We can never be as Industrialized as Rivers, Abia(aba) and ENUGU. What we need are Grandeur Resorts, Cineplex, Deveelopment of Oguta lake into a world class resort, Museums, Art Galleries, Cafes, Galleries and other cultural edifices. That is the area we should key into to attract investments and boast our economies.
Gawd I can't believe you wrote this. Must you be ridiculous to defend Rochas? I don't even know where to start to pen a reply.
Since Imo doesn't need factories and industries and can never be as industrialized as Abia, Enugu and Rivers States ad you claim I rest my case. I wont argue with you, I only hope Rochas doesn't get to read this. It will only make Imo messier than it already is.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by danot1030: 8:37am On Aug 23, 2014
ChinonsoDike: Meanwhile:
Somewhere in Imo.
grow up, there is no state in the country that u won't find a place that need attention or else there won't be any work for the government to do, after all Rome they say was not built in a day. What do u want the Abians to say when u are complaining or u need tell ur parent to let u travel out of ur locality so ur eyes can be opened, maybe u shuld arrange with uncle chinedu next compound wen he come from Aba.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by danot1030: 9:09am On Aug 23, 2014
Douglasdale:
u sounds as Rochas is the one responsible for whatever u are referring to as wrong in Imo state, u should have ask urself the honest questions like looking at what is on ground in Imo state presently, is it anything improvement compare to what it use to be with the previous administration, is Imo a better place to be now than when the previous government was on, are the peoples life better imparted than the previous government? These are the type of questions that should be considered then from there we begin to point other areas we expect the government to pay attention. We should not also forget that a government has his vision set that he wants to accomplish, it may not necessarily comply with ur expectation, he can't do everything at one term but we should acknowledge the one he is set to do. The way u and some people sound is like Okorocha is d worst governor in Nigeria and I was surprised not to find his name among the worst governor in one thread opened recently to air opinion on the worst governors. In that thread T-Odour Orji carry d day, while some governors like Ebonyi and other governors are mentioned, that these governors are not criticised the way u people criticises Rochas shows that u just disgruntled and prejudice cos he does not belong to the party of ur affiliation.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by eaglechild: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2014
Nice pics.

Heard the centre will be hosting the NBA.
Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Plshavmercyamen: 9:27am On Aug 23, 2014
slimfit1: This does not count as development please so let us try to avoid unnecessary pleasants. Build factories andindustries
Hmm.. The way some pple talk when ever anything Rochas is mentioned is becoming very nauseating. Talking about jobs, don't you know that it is people that wil be seeing to the day to day administration and upkeep of that edifice? Have you thought about the biz opportunities and immense patronage the centre wil create with only NBA having their annual convention there with over 8,000 delegates in attendance? Have you thought about the opportunity the centre wil avail the state in bringing prospective investors who hitherto haven't been to the state to see the economic potentials and viability of the state when ever any international event is held there and hence invest in the state? Have u thought about the easthetic value and so many other things it brings to the state? Let us try for once to be objective in criticising Rochas. Mara kwanu na achu gide onye uwa ojo, achu ba ya na Uwa oma. Posterity wil judge!

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Douglasdale(m): 9:39am On Aug 23, 2014
APContherun:
Gawd I can't believe you wrote this. Must you be ridiculous to defend Rochas? I don't even know where to start to pen a reply.
Since Imo doesn't need factories and industries and can never be as industrialized as Abia, Enugu and Rivers States ad you claim I rest my case. I wont argue with you, I only hope Rochas doesn't get to read this. It will only make Imo messier than it already is.

Bros abeg!!! Tell this forum about the number of Industries and Factories that is in Las Vegas, What about California? What about Dubai? Do you know of Macau? Until u answer those questions and see reasons... Then will I know what to tell you.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Douglasdale(m): 9:46am On Aug 23, 2014
danot1030: u sounds as Rochas is the one responsible for whatever u are referring to as wrong in Imo state, u should have ask urself the honest questions like looking at what is on ground in Imo state presently, is it anything improvement compare to what it use to be with the previous administration, is Imo a better place to be now than when the previous government was on, are the peoples life better imparted than the previous government? These are the type of questions that should be considered then from there we begin to point other areas we expect the government to pay attention. We should not also forget that a government has his vision set that he wants to accomplish, it may not necessarily comply with ur expectation, he can't do everything at one term but we should acknowledge the one he is set to do. The way u and some people sound is like Okorocha is d worst governor in Nigeria and I was surprised not to find his name among the worst governor in one thread opened recently to air opinion on the worst governors. In that thread T-Odour Orji carry d day, while some governors like Ebonyi and other governors are mentioned, that these governors are not criticised the way u people criticises Rochas shows that u just disgruntled and prejudice cos he does not belong to the party of ur affiliation.

Ogbeni re-read my posts before commenting. I have never condemned the job ORO is doing in Imom I am just recommending areas of improvement . That's all.
Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Onyegecha(f): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2014
Douglasdale:

Yes, Imo must have factories. Imo must be industrialized because we urgently need to engage our highly sophisticated youths before they all get into sophisticated crime. We have raw materials and every other factor of production in abundance. What we lack is a sane crop of leaders who will harness our resources and turn them into wealth not for their own private pockets but for the people.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by RareDiamond: 9:52am On Aug 23, 2014
NEW YAM FESTIVAL CELEBRATED By The Obi of Obinugwu Orlu and Chairman of South East Council of Traditional Rulers. Imo State is a hospitable, livable and peaceful place with a rich and sophisticated culture.

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by danot1030: 9:57am On Aug 23, 2014
Douglasdale:

Ogbeni re-read my posts before commenting. I have never condemned the job ORO is doing in Imom I am just recommending areas of improvement . That's all.
my apology.
Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by abagoro(m): 10:04am On Aug 23, 2014
Why are some people bent on looking for a fault in a good man?

They tried to bomb Imo State but were caught by our vigilante and today they've set the bombers free without trail. Who are they?

They've written thousands of petitions and even attempted bribing NBA to prevent the conference from Imo State but the Chairman remained resilient and uncompromising. Who are they?

They've peddled rumours of ebola scare in Imo in order to prevent the world to come to Imo and verify the good works of the Governor. Who are they?

Okorocha is a very wise man and is tapping into the well known potentials of Imo State as a tourist haven. Owerri as a city has a beautiful soul which makes everyone keen on coming back to the city as much as possible. With the various open squares, green areas, convention centres, beautiful roads which Okorocha's government has embarked upon, I see Owerri finally realising and profiting from this potential sooner than later.

The NBA conference will be an opportunity for 20,000 lawyers from all tribes, States and strata of Nigeria to assess Okorocha and tell the truth to the whole world. The truth that they've been trying to suppress with false news, false pictures and lots of blackmail. Let us all wait for the 20,000 lawyers to be the "judge" and get 20,000 "verdicts".

God bless Imo State

God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival by Douglasdale(m): 10:07am On Aug 23, 2014
Onyegecha:

Yes, Imo must have factories. Imo must be industrialized because we urgently need to engage our highly sophisticated youths before they all get into sophisticated crime. We have raw materials and every other factor of production in abundance. What we lack is a sane crop of leaders who will harness our resources and turn them into wealth not for their own private pockets but for the people.
List the raw materials, the industries and the market that you have in IMO?
Ngwanu!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo: We’ll Probe N2bn Ecological Fund Shared Under Jonathan / Joe Igbokwe Escapes Attack As Angry Igbo Youths In Lagos Go After Him. Pics / Mike Adenuga Buries Mum at Ijebu-Igbo, in Grand Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.