Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? (2595 Views)

What Car Can 800k Get Me / Confused on what car to buy?Do You Need A Car In Edo And Delta State or around? / If I Have A Budget Of #600,000 What Car Can I Get For That Offer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 22, 2014
I'm planning a return trip to Nigeria in a few months.

What do car guys need that I can bring to sell that is not readily available in Nigeria?

I can dedicate 25 pounds of luggage towards this so unfortunately no turbo kits and such grin

1 Like

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 23, 2014
I thought you were still chilling in Ibadan. I could use a set of spark plugs for my W203 a set of 12 I guess it might be cheaper depends on when you would be coming again.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by yungboss(m): 12:08am On Aug 23, 2014
Oh, that'll be kind of you cityNG,
I'll see if I can make up a small list of things for my e46...
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by jukeblam(m): 12:09am On Aug 23, 2014
Plastidip.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 23, 2014
cne010: I thought you were still chilling in Ibadan. I could use a set of spark plugs for my W203 a set of 12 I guess it might be cheaper depends on when you would be coming again.

Oh I've been back in Los Angeles for a week now.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 23, 2014
cne010: I thought you were still chilling in Ibadan. I could use a set of spark plugs for my W203 a set of 12 I guess it might be cheaper depends on when you would be coming again.

What year and model?

eBay #170654607487

I'll be in Ibadan starting the last week of November.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by yungboss(m): 12:51am On Aug 23, 2014
CityNG:

What year and model?

eBay #170654607487

good time...
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 12:52am On Aug 23, 2014
CityNG:

What year and model?

eBay #170654607487

2002 C320. I can wait for this till November #150802892960 not the plugs.

Thanks
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by grimadult(m): 12:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
That's so nice of you sire'CityNG. Wuld like brembo calipers and rotor disc for my 1999 Acura to.( hope that won't be too heavy) cry
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
grimadult: That's so nice of you sire'CityNG. Wuld like brembo calipers and rotor disc for my 1999 Acura to.( hope that won't be too heavy) cry

Those would be way too heavy for this scheme. Brake pads will be fine though.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 23, 2014
cne010:

2002 C320. I can wait for this till November #150802892960 not the plugs.

Thanks

These are my goto guys for european parts, I would buy this instead if it were for my car though sadly it's on back order.

Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by danadam(m): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
CityNG:

These are my goto guys for european parts, I would buy this instead if it were for my car though sadly it's on back order.

Would've love to order some parts when i'm financially buoyant but they don't ship to nigeria. Do you know any other site that is reliable and ships to nigeria?
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2014
danadam:

Would've love to order some parts when i'm financially buoyant but they don't ship to nigeria. Do you know any other site that is reliable and ships to nigeria?

Our yahoo yahoo boys have scared most shops from dealing with nigerians unfortunately.

I do not know of any shop that ships to Nigeria though I am aware of drop shipping options offered by other Nairalanders.

In regards to AutoHausAZ, I've been ordering from them for over 15 years, thousands of dollars and there has been nothing but exemplary service and parts. Their prices on german maintenance parts is untouchable.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by sultaan(m): 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
If someone is offering his service for free here I'm surprise no one is asking for scan tools

Here is your opportunity to stop all the guessing it will pay for itself at first use
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 23, 2014
sultaan: If someone is offering his service for free here I'm surprise no one is asking for scan tools

Here is your opportunity to stop all the guessing it will pay for itself at first use

I'm bringing stand alone and phone based scan tools for sale and will actually on a one day car class/intro/demo day to be announced later.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Piyke: 9:38am On Aug 26, 2014
CityNG can you do upstream(AF sensor) and downstream(O2 sensor) for 2.4L 2003 Accord LX (LEV)? They are Denso parts from Ebay $89 and $44 respectively. You can PM me cost details. Let me know as I was in the process of sourcing this myself
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2014
Piyke: CityNG can you do upstream(AF sensor) and downstream(O2 sensor) for 2.4L 2003 Accord LX (LEV)? They are Denso parts from Ebay $89 and $44 respectively. You can PM me cost details. Let me know as I was in the process of sourcing this myself

Coupe or sedan?
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
I'll need an angel eye headlamp and light smoke LED taillight for an 09 highlander. Will ost pics later.
I'll also need four set of an R24 rims with compatible tyres. I'll post the link to the one i want exactly.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
Bossforeva: I'll need an angel eye headlamp and light smoke LED taillight for an 09 highlander. Will ost pics later.
I'll also need four set of an R24 rims with compatible tyres. I'll post the link to the one i want exactly.

I'll let you know if I have space for the head/tail lights. The wheel and tire are for sure out.

I wasn;t as clear as I should hav been on th original post.

This scheme is for simple small stuff like o2 sensors, MAF, plugs, delicate stuff that are small like that.

No rims/wheels, turbo kits, cylinder heads, etc

Thanks.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
CityNG:

I'll let you know if I have space for the head/tail lights. The wheel and tire are for sure out.

I wasn;t as clear as I should hav been on th original post.

This scheme is for simple small stuff like o2 sensors, MAF, plugs, delicate stuff that are small like that.

No rims/wheels, turbo kits, cylinder heads, etc

Thanks.
k bro.. What if one pays for extra luggage?
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
Bossforeva: k bro.. What if one pays for extra luggage?

Hmmm....interesting.

Frankly I've never done this before but I see my Naija people at LAX with outlandish luggages.

I'll let you know if I do decide to go that route.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Marpol: 9:19am On Aug 27, 2014
I will like O2 sensors, brake pads and linning
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 27, 2014
Marpol: I will like O2 sensors, brake pads and linning for 2004 Nissan Xterra.

1) SE or XE?

2) 2WD or 4WD?

If XE then

3) 4 or 6 cylinders?

Thanks.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Marpol: 11:06am On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

1) SE or XE?

2) 2WD or 4WD?

If XE then

3) 4 or 6 cylinders?

Thanks.

XE, 4WD, V6
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Piyke: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
CityNG:

Coupe or sedan?

Sedan
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by bimbor(m): 5:53pm On Aug 27, 2014
@City I need me Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor oil 5w-20 3 gallons 5qt each. What say you?
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
bimbor: @City I need me Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor oil 5w-20 3 gallons 5qt each. What say you?

Sorry Guys, for now those items like oil will be way too heavy.

However I am researching what airlines will charge me for extra luggage. I also have to figure out the hassle I will encounter with the boys at MMA.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by aeu1: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
Op
great initiative, wrong method.
having said that, we need acknowledge that doing things differently gives us the platform to distinguish and excel. We have a rigid knack for copying one another without any inclination to add more value or solve problem. All over, we are given the sole option to import phone, tablet, sensor, perfume, Biro pen, and slim textbooks, or we forget it.
Op really raised hope when he opened this thread with this beautiful caption. Why not take advise and modify your plan and allow us order heavy parts including tires, rims, panel, engine top, engine oil, headlamps, etc. After all cars are being shipped everyday, yet we don't want to ship in parts too to support them.
I suggest you liaise with an agent there, allow Nigerians to order anything they want, then if it fills a container, sea freight is the best form of transport for auto business. Equally, spaces in CBM can be booked on containers and you ship whenever the desired spaced has been attained.
This online parts order business that you are hastily glossing over is a very fertile and largely unexplored one that people like you with golden opportunity need to take advantage of instead of asking us to do courier of spare parts as if it were document like DHL.
Imagine, in Nigeria there is not a single original car battery, yet it cost the same price over there with the fake we have here, but who will dare courier car battery and pay per kg.
After the initial shipment, you may discover that the demand may still flow in thus making it a permanent business for you.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2014
aeu1: Op
great initiative, wrong method.
having said that, we need acknowledge that doing things differently gives us the platform to distinguish and excel. We have a rigid knack for copying one another without any inclination to add more value or solve problem. All over, we are given the sole option to import phone, tablet, sensor, perfume, Biro pen, and slim textbooks, or we forget it.
Op really raised hope when he opened this thread with this beautiful caption. Why not take advise and modify your plan and allow us order heavy parts including tires, rims, panel, engine top, engine oil, headlamps, etc. After all cars are being shipped everyday, yet we don't want to ship in parts too to support them.
I suggest you liaise with an agent there, allow Nigerians to order anything they want, then if it fills a container, sea freight is the best form of transport for auto business. Equally, spaces in CBM can be booked on containers and you ship whenever the desired spaced has been attained.
This online parts order business that you are hastily glossing over is a very fertile and largely unexplored one that people like you with golden opportunity need to take advantage of instead of asking us to do courier of spare parts as if it were document like DHL.
Imagine, in Nigeria there is not a single original car battery, yet it cost the same price over there with the fake we have here, but who will dare courier car battery and pay per kg.
After the initial shipment, you may discover that the demand may still flow in thus making it a permanent business for you.

Interesting idea, I will do more research. I have now till November to perfect it.

In all sincerity I was just going to bring in both traditional plug in OBD2 scanners as well as Bluetooth ones for sell then I figured that I can help friends on CarTalk bring in a few lightweight stuff in a dedicated 50 pound luggage (I get 5 luggages but won't need it all the space).

I have an Igbo shipper near me and I think I will invite him out to lunch tomorrow to pick his brains.

Thanks.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
jukeblam: Plastidip.

I missed this.

Please elaborate.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
grimadult: That's so nice of you sire'CityNG. Wuld like brembo calipers and rotor disc for my 1999 Acura to.( hope that won't be too heavy) cry

Did your car come stock with Brembos or you are looking for a complete conversion kit?

Please specify the model and trim.
Re: What Car Bits Do You Need From The US? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
Piyke: CityNG can you do upstream(AF sensor) and downstream(O2 sensor) for 2.4L 2003 Accord LX (LEV)? They are Denso parts from Ebay $89 and $44 respectively. You can PM me cost details. Let me know as I was in the process of sourcing this myself

Do you have the eBay numbers?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Registered 2011 Chevrolet Camaro For Sale / (SOLD)!!!oks Mercedes Benz CLA250 2014 In Abuja For N13,500,000 / Sweet Deal!!!!!! Mercedes Benz C 180 Up For Grabs At A Very Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.