Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment (43278 Views)

Abayomi Olonisakin Storm Germany For Summit (Photos) / President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by lovinhubby2wife(m): 7:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof: But I bet you if he starts a culture of punishing people for crime for crimes committed against the State no doctor would want to risk time in Prison or his neck at the gallows for an attempt on the life if the President. The only Problem with this is that this will include ALL crimes not just certain ones; corruption inclusive. So I guess it's off to Germany whenever Jonah gets a headache till 2096.
lol. On a serious note, you've a great point there.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by lovinhubby2wife(m): 7:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
milehigh06:

then they better surrender their residency of the said nation...How can you lead a nation and not be confident in the people of that same nation...so basically the Nigerians who go to Nigerian hospitals are what!!! He is the leader of the nation and if he is showing us how much he does not trust our medical facilities,why cant he fix it?? or is that not part of why he is president?and this goes to all Nigerian leaders,not just PDP or APC thieves who basically just want t milk the nation dry and do nothing to build it...all the millions seized from Abacha's family is enough to build 20 state of the art modern 25th century hospitals but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...they will share the money and fly out of the country to get treatment while the masses suffer and the same suffering masses help the looters justify why they should keep on impoverishing them...you doubt me...see all those saying it is a good thing..without noticing how low they make their country look and tomorrow they will be shouting NAIJA till I die
100 per cent true.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by CharliParker: 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
This man that have not taken care of him self na Nigeria he will take care of I mean in health sector
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by otunba9ja: 7:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
SUNGOLD24: haters wish u death. but we wish u quick recovery IJN. amen.

U are a big fool for politicking with the president's or any one's life......try and give ur sense some life or borrow some 4 use b4 u come to NL forum

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by otunba9ja: 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
JohnsonEmma: If he likes, he should go and die that's non of my business. Best economy in africa with no standard hospital where the president can be checked. Our leaders need to learn from south africa. Haters oya make una start the normal thing.

Warn ur watery and leaking mouth b4 Amadiora do dat on ur behalf...fool......meanwhile,I know say 1 day Jonathan go regret or celebrate him actions or inactions as presido......
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by dvee2: 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
The truth is that in this 21st century and power of Internet, citizens must take responsibility and decide their future by voting out corrupt politicians. This will send the right message to the incoming ones that once they mess up PDP or ACN, they will be booted out. But here, we are told to wait, not to start doing this now that it's their turn. Maybe 2019, we can start holding our leaders accountable. But truth be told, if really he travel out for medical checks, in a saner clime, this will cost him reelection.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by jechona(m): 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
Wait o, Jonathan wey I see this afternoon for pdp campaign for Ibadan, na person the tell my say him go Germany since yesterday for treatment. Abeg na which one wey I go believe na, my eyes of news?
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by AdeniyiA(m): 8:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
abdulaz: Wishing him Goodluck.
... nd Jonathan. cool
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by igbo2011(m): 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
Why can't African politicians build hospitals in Africa instead of always going to the west

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
Lucasbalo: I am getting to the stage that I really don't want to believe that Nigeria is cursed with bad leadership due to the ignorance of her citizens. See how people making average of less than $5 a day worshipping the same people that have destroyed so many lives and have set so many to untimely deaths due to their corruption and embezzlement of the commonwealth . They are glorifying their oppressors . How many of this Jonathan lapdogs can pay for medical treatment at Reddinton Hospital or St Nicholas Hospital ? but they are hyperventilating here of a guy that doesn't give a damn about them or their families. If he cares about the country, he would have used some of the billions of dollars being looted for giving the country a world class hospital. With this kind of situation, Nigeria will be permanently condemned to the bottom of the barrel in the community of Nations. God save Nigerians and punish those who want to destroy Nigeria and Nigerians.

Well said.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Afolabi78: 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
XOXmedia:
ask obasanjo, atiku and yar'adua that same question. Some idiots think change in Nigeria can happen as fast as boiling water in their kitchen. Nonsense!!
MUST WILL WAIT TILL ETERNATY FOR CHANGE TO COME. 5 YEAR IS ENOUGH FOR HIM TO BUILD STADARD HOSPITAL. ARE U OUT OF REASONING

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by solomakindees(m): 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
All fun and no work make Jonah a lazy guy!
His media aides posted a photo of Jonah, lounging leisurely in a hotel room in Germany. He had a glass with a plain-looking drink by his side, an iPhone and a glass ashtray on the table.
If their aim is to say Jonah flew away to go and relax, why not at Yankari, Obudu cattle ranch or any hotel close to Sambisa forest? grin
Na only him waka go? Where is Patience?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 23, 2014
onatisi: no leader uses nigeria hospitals ,even during the time of the military. I can remember vividly when ahiggbe was the governor of lagos state he categorically stated it that he doesn't use nigerian hospitals. So don't single out Mr president. And why will he use when even nigerians are supporting medical doctors to go on strike. The rot been experienced in nigeria didn't start with gej and it won't end now,nigerians have to come together and know that the job of nation rebuilding and development isn't that of gej or fg alone. Even tinubu and his apc members how many of them uses the hospitals in their states?

What exactly is your point?

Are you saying that GEJ should go to foreign hospitals because others did so too?

Or are you saying that it is not the government's job to set up a decent healthcare system?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Spuggie: 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2014
sack doctors and fly abroad for treatment.......what about the poor nigerians??

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Ijaya123: 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
vislabraye: . Its not about politics, it about good leadership. The fact is that anybody who become the president will the same. It's not as if it's the best thing to do. This is the problem with African countries and it can't change in GEJ's regime overnight.

So in whose regime will it change?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by bakila: 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
imanuel5959:
I'm sorry, cos U̶̲̥̅̊ do not undastand how unions operate, everything for U̶̲̥̅̊ is politics.
As a union leader, when U̶̲̥̅̊ go for negotiations, wateva is †ђξ concession given to you, you are expected to go back to your colleagues, present same to dem, it is left for dem to accept or reject, its not your call. So d NMA negotiators can not unilaterally call off d strike, its d assembly of d drs. In event you do not believe In wat your association stands for at any point in tym probably haven been compromised, U̶̲̥̅̊ can resign. Dats wat happened in NMA.
Stop seeing PDP and APC in everything my dear.

Simple and short
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by kazman117: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2014
ceo4eva: Contrary to official claims that President Goodluck Jonathan travelled to Germany on a private visit, LEADERSHIP authoritatively gathered yesterday that the president actually took ill and left for Germany to seek medical care.

Efforts to get a confirmation from the Presidency failed up until the time of going to press, as several calls to his spokesman, Dr Reuben Abati, did not go through and he didn’t respond to an email enquiry either.

Similarly, the senior special assistant to the president on public affairs, Dr Doyin Okupe, did not pick or return several calls to his mobile number last night.

President Jonathan left for Germany yesterday after performing the closing ceremony of the National Conference on Thursday.

Prior to his departure, presidential spokesman Abati had issued a terse statement saying the president would be making a private visit to Germany as from Friday (yesterday)and would be accompanied by some of his principal aides.

It was gathered that the president, on arrival in Germany, headed for a private hospital for medical check-up.

It could not however be confirmed if he went to the same hospital he had visited with his wife last year when the first lady faced some health challenges.

Before his sudden departure for Germany on Thursday, President Jonathan was billed to host members of the just-concluded National Conference to a dinner at the Presidential Villa, but the programme was cancelled at the dying minute.

Although no official reason was given for the cancellation, it was gathered that the development was connected with the president’s state of health which required urgent attention.

An authoritative source in the Presidency told LEADERSHIP that despite assurances that the president would return soon from his trip, it was not likely as his health situation was not too good. He said there was uneasy calm and anxiety in the Presidential Villa yesterday over the state of health of the president.

Meanwhile, the situation has also elicited concern from prominent Ijaw (President Jonathan’s ethnic group) political leaders, some of whom converged on the home of a prominent elder statesman from the ethnic group in Abuja to deliberate on the matter. A source privy to the meeting hinted that the Ijaw sons were considering sending a delegation to visit the president.

The source said before the meeting ended, it was agreed that clearance would be obtained from the Presidential Villa on whether the president is in a state to receive visitors before it would be decided on who would visit him.

Some people had speculated about Mr Jonathan’s health just before his trip to Washington, DC, United States, where he attended the 2014 US-Africa Summit early this month.

http://leadership.ng/news/381803/jonathan-ill-flown-germany
u c ur lyf nw. Jzt 4 treatmnt u flew abroad, wot hapenz 2 our doctors, dey ar nt gud or competent enuf. Useles pple, abeg if u don contract ebola pls stay dere o

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by kabba7(m): 10:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
wallex1983: Ah! Ebele!

Hope he did not test positive to EBOLA . Honestly I wish him a very quick recorver to face Nigerians on his abducted chibok girls and to also say how far he has gone on this $20 billion small palava .. By the way was he at the Ibadan jamboree ? money flow sha I got not much though .
Please whenever Pa Clark is going there I want to be informed, there is this small agunmu from that baba in Ijebu igbo he is good!
I need be paid though no free magani from ijebu land !
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by kazman117: 10:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
ceo4eva: Contrary to official claims that President Goodluck Jonathan travelled to Germany on a private visit, LEADERSHIP authoritatively gathered yesterday that the president actually took ill and left for Germany to seek medical care.

Efforts to get a confirmation from the Presidency failed up until the time of going to press, as several calls to his spokesman, Dr Reuben Abati, did not go through and he didn’t respond to an email enquiry either.

Similarly, the senior special assistant to the president on public affairs, Dr Doyin Okupe, did not pick or return several calls to his mobile number last night.

President Jonathan left for Germany yesterday after performing the closing ceremony of the National Conference on Thursday.

Prior to his departure, presidential spokesman Abati had issued a terse statement saying the president would be making a private visit to Germany as from Friday (yesterday)and would be accompanied by some of his principal aides.

It was gathered that the president, on arrival in Germany, headed for a private hospital for medical check-up.

It could not however be confirmed if he went to the same hospital he had visited with his wife last year when the first lady faced some health challenges.

Before his sudden departure for Germany on Thursday, President Jonathan was billed to host members of the just-concluded National Conference to a dinner at the Presidential Villa, but the programme was cancelled at the dying minute.

Although no official reason was given for the cancellation, it was gathered that the development was connected with the president’s state of health which required urgent attention.

An authoritative source in the Presidency told LEADERSHIP that despite assurances that the president would return soon from his trip, it was not likely as his health situation was not too good. He said there was uneasy calm and anxiety in the Presidential Villa yesterday over the state of health of the president.

Meanwhile, the situation has also elicited concern from prominent Ijaw (President Jonathan’s ethnic group) political leaders, some of whom converged on the home of a prominent elder statesman from the ethnic group in Abuja to deliberate on the matter. A source privy to the meeting hinted that the Ijaw sons were considering sending a delegation to visit the president.

The source said before the meeting ended, it was agreed that clearance would be obtained from the Presidential Villa on whether the president is in a state to receive visitors before it would be decided on who would visit him.

Some people had speculated about Mr Jonathan’s health just before his trip to Washington, DC, United States, where he attended the 2014 US-Africa Summit early this month.

http://leadership.ng/news/381803/jonathan-ill-flown-germany
u c ur lyf nw, jst 4 treatmnt u flew abroad, wot hapen 2 our doctors, dey ar nt gud or competent enuf. Abeg if na ebola jst stay dere ni o

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by kazman117: 11:01pm On Aug 23, 2014
Spuggie: sack doctors and fly abroad for treatment.......what about the poor nigerians??
dnt mind dem n sum idiot 2 ar suportin him. Hw much wil it cost dem 2 satisfy dese pple compare 2 hw much dey ar embezlin n lavishin

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by kazman117: 11:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
carefreewannabe:

What exactly is your point?

Are you saying that GEJ should go to foreign hospitals because others did so too?

Or are you saying that it is not the government's job to set up a decent healthcare system?

pls dnt argue wit him jare. I gues he is deir family memba so he can't b against him so dat his mnthly allowance wil nt b afected
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by vislabraye(m): 12:39am On Aug 24, 2014
Ijaya123:

So in whose regime will it change?

Let the change come now, but GEJ can not die while waiting for the change. It's a gradual process.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 24, 2014
NOW THAT HE HAS SACKED OUR DOCTORS
#BRINGBACKOURDOCTORS
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Grandmisty: 1:44am On Aug 24, 2014
is this not a disgrace. every time a president falls ill they run to another country. how much has been put into health care system?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by gbodimowo(m): 2:49am On Aug 24, 2014
If you like ban me but some of you guys are sick have you forgotten the advert and campaign promise

Change and transformation agenda and fresh sir who promised this so why can't we demand this in his time
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by flexeey: 3:10am On Aug 24, 2014
ceo4eva: PRESIDENT JONATHAN TO VISIT
GERMANY

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will leave Abuja early Friday on a private visit to Germany.
The President will be accompanied on the trip by some of his principal aides.
He is expected back in Abuja early
next week.

Reuben Abati
Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity)

http://reubenabati.com.ng/PRESIDENT-JONATHAN-TO-VISIT-GERMANY.html
to do what;¿ ?:?
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Ijaya123: 7:57am On Aug 24, 2014
vislabraye:

Let the change come now, but GEJ can not die while waiting for the change. It's a gradual process.

If he cannot stand the pressure, you know the popular saying, if you can't stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 24, 2014
kazman117: pls dnt argue wit him jare. I gues he is deir family memba so he can't b against him so dat his mnthly allowance wil nt b afected

It is vital to argue in a democracy. smiley
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by bigtt76(f): 8:43am On Aug 24, 2014
Nor mind dem ...which kin yeye treatment? Nros don go chillax jooor and prack tinz grin if you like call Diezani number see if e go tru. Ona forget say Patience don travo go Poland since? This countiri sef ...ar taya sef.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by continentalceo(m): 10:10am On Aug 24, 2014
omenka: This remains the ONLY REASON why our hospitals will forever remain in shambles!!!

I hope he lives till next valentine so he can be given the humiliation he deserves. Afterwards, he can go jump off Everest for all I care!

I hope you are alive until next valentine to see how stupid this your comment is...odeh!
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by bis7(f): 4:04pm On Aug 24, 2014
[color=#006600][/color] Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Sends Birthday Messages To Anyim, Useni, Four Others, Snubs Wife / You Have No Idea What Is Going On In Kano, Kwankwaso Tells Buhari / Constitutional Review: Zone Us To Southwest, Okun People Write Nass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.