Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result (2591 Views)

BSU Medical Student Commits Suicide Over Expulsion After 10 Years In School / 2013 JAMB Poor Result: What Caused It? / 2-Students Commit Suicide Over WAEC-Exam-Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by bintexhimself: 8:03am On Aug 23, 2014
16-year old Temidayo Joseph (pictured left) committed suicide in Essex north-east of Londonfew hours after collecting his GSCE result, according to report the young man took his own life because he was afraid of bad judgement from his parents.

Though police are yet to confirm the official cause of Temidayo’s death, his friend said he was heartbroken after collecting his exam results from Ockendon Academy near Thurrock in Essex on Thursday.

He reportedly left the school immediately without speaking a word before his lifeless body was found in a wooded area around the school with self-inflicted wounds.

His school has released a statement about his death;

“It is with great sadness we have to tell you of the death of one of our students, 16-year-old Temidayo Joseph.We wish to extend our deepest sympathy for Dayo’s family, friends and the whole school community at this difficult time.To help people come to terms with this tragic event, the academy will offer its fullest support and counselling.Of course our thoughts and prayers are with the family at this time.The Academy will be open on Saturday 23rd August from 9am to 11am for those members of our community who wish to pay their respects to Dayo Joseph.”

Parents need to understand that you can’t judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree. The pressure of being African has hit him hard.

When you find out something and it doesn’t hit you at first. And then all of a sudden you crack… Very sad!

May his soul rest in perfect peace (amen).
See more@...>>>http://www.premiumgist.com/sad-nigerian-student-commit-suicide-poor-result/
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by felipemadero(m): 11:42am On Aug 23, 2014
Too bad... unnecessary pressure from parents. He is still just too young.
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by gift01: 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
Still doesn't change the fact that he had poor grades. If you reading this and you thinking of suicide; its a wrong motive. Nothing on earth should warrant you taking your own life. That you failed does not make you a failure

2 Likes

Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by fr3do(m): 12:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
Why blame the young man's parents?
Were you there when they were giving him pressure?

How can a 16 year old take his own life, Tufia!

1 Like

Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by GboyegaD(m): 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2014
Why should he take his life because he feels the parents would blame him. I think our parents are reasonable and the only reason they blame is when they feel you did not exert adequate efforts.

1 Like

Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by bennyrazz: 12:32pm On Aug 23, 2014
am sure most of the pressure will come from his father. Those days when position was the norm in primary schools I.e first, second and third, you dare not come home without been the first in your class else my father will fling your report card away with much insults. so I developed thick skin towards is insults and sometimes, I do tell him that I forgot my report card in school. so now I think the position thing as been scrapped by most schools, what they use is percentage. Really the boy's parent should be blamed, some kids are not gifted academically but are good in other things which his parents failed to see.

6 Likes

Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 23, 2014
So sad. The parents may have invested so much in the boy's education and he may have been consumed in depression. Condolence to the parents sad
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 23, 2014
Effect on too much harshness of children.

children should be free with the parents,in order to know their strength,and weakness,not to be bossed around,like an oga,and a surbondinate.

RIP to the student.

4 Likes

Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by Profcamsey(m): 12:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
RIP...
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by Dreyl(m): 2:58pm On Aug 23, 2014
This is so pathetic!
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by rattlesnake(m): 3:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
Though police are yet to confirm the official cause of Temidayo’s death, his friend said he was heartbroken after collecting his exam results from Ockendon Academy near Thurrock in Essex on Thursday.

He reportedly left the school immediately without speaking a word before his lifeless body was found in a wooded area around the school with self-inflicted wounds.

Police are are yet to confirm

But u have already drawn up Ur bullshti conclusion

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by datbay(m): 3:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
RIP
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by Jammy2012(m): 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2014
so pathetic. it ain't his fault, but the fact that he is determined and the exam being the first thing on his mind. it happened to me when we were moving to Ss1.The school principal insisted on using neco results to determine your department. But at the long run, we were unable to access our neco result. the distribution was made and it broke my heart. that day it was as if I missed visa to heaven. though " no tyranny of circumstances can permanently imprison a determined will" I changed from Art to science in ss2. but it was like hell throughout ss1
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by calaharry: 5:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
bennyrazz: am sure most of the pressure will come from his father. Those days when position was the norm in primary schools I.e first, second and third, you dare not come home without been the first in your class else my father will fling your report card away with much insults. so I developed thick skin towards is insults and sometimes, I do tell him that I forgot my report card in school. so now I think the position thing as been scrapped by most schools, what they use is percentage. Really the boy's parent should be blamed, some kids are not gifted academically but are good in other things which his parents failed to see.
What a huge loss of such a promising young lad. The so-called school ought to have counselled him at that moment to avert such mishap. Especially now dt suicide is common in the west.Now they want to counsel the parents. It is just meds after death,I don't buy it. Condolences to the family.

1 Like

Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by KillerBeauty(f): 6:23pm On Aug 23, 2014
Jammy2012: so pathetic. it ain't his fault, but the fact that he is determined and the exam being the first thing on his mind. it happened to me when we were moving to Ss1.The school principal insisted on using neco results to determine your department. But at the long run, we were unable to access our neco result. the distribution was made and it broke my heart. that day it was as if I missed visa to heaven. though " no tyranny of circumstances can permanently imprison a determined will" I changed from Art to science in ss2. but it was like hell throughout ss1

U mean u wrote Neco exam to enter ss1
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by Phame: 7:39pm On Aug 23, 2014
He killed himself and somebody is expecting me to say R.I.P? D young man is on his own. Whr i come from, if u kill urself...u all knw d rest.
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by Phame: 7:42pm On Aug 23, 2014
bennyrazz: am sure most of the pressure will come from his father. Those days when position was the norm in primary schools I.e first, second and third, you dare not come home without been the first in your class else my father will fling your report card away with much insults. so I developed thick skin towards is insults and sometimes, I do tell him that I forgot my report card in school. so now I think the position thing as been scrapped by most schools, what they use is percentage. Really the boy's parent should be blamed, some kids are not gifted academically but are good in other things which his parents failed to see.
i jst de laff! grin grin
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by Tundeiab(m): 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2014
bintexhimself: 16-year old Temidayo Joseph (pictured left) committed suicide in Essex north-east of Londonfew hours after collecting his GSCE result, according to report the young man took his own life because he was afraid of bad judgement from his parents.

His school has released a statement about his death;

“It is with great sadness we have to tell you of the death of one of our students, 16-year-old Temidayo Joseph.We wish to extend our deepest sympathy for Dayo’s family, friends and the whole school community at this difficult time.To help people come to terms with this tragic event, the academy will offer its fullest support and counselling.Of course our thoughts and prayers are with the family at this time.The Academy will be open on Saturday 23rd August from 9am to 11am for those members of our community who wish to pay their respects to Dayo Joseph.”

Parents need to understand that you can’t judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree. The pressure of being African has hit him hard.

When you find out something and it doesn’t hit you at first. And then all of a sudden you crack… Very sad!

May his soul rest in perfect peace (amen).
See more@...>>>http://www.premiumgist.com/sad-nigerian-student-commit-suicide-poor-result/
Let him get ready to commit suicide the second time cos the result angel Gabriel will read to him in heaven will be worse! grin

1 Like

Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by Jammy2012(m): 8:25pm On Aug 23, 2014
KillerBeauty:

U mean u wrote Neco exam to enter ss1
I mean junior secondary school neco nah grin

1 Like

Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by KillerBeauty(f): 11:36pm On Aug 23, 2014
Jammy2012: I mean junior secondary school neco nah grin

Its called Waec not Neco
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by simplex2: 3:12am On Aug 24, 2014
Coward! There's no resting in peace for you!

KillerBeauty:

Its called Waec not Neco

Madam, the old Junior Waec you're referring to is not actually set by waec but by the Nigeria Exam Council, Neco. Its the ss3 exam that is now set by both waec and neco.
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by Jammy2012(m): 4:12am On Aug 24, 2014
KillerBeauty:

Its called Waec not Neco
That's skeptical to accept, I did two then i.e Junior waec and neco . stop the argument jor grin. Though in public schools,it was optional
Re: Sad! Nigerian Student Commit Suicide Over Poor Result by KillerBeauty(f): 5:28am On Aug 24, 2014
simplex2: Coward! There's no resting in peace for you!

Madam, the old Junior Waec you're referring to is not actually set by waec but by the Nigeria Exam Council, Neco. Its the ss3 exam that is now set by both waec and neco.
Okay

(1) (Reply)

Auchi Polytechnic 2nd Batch ND/HND Admission List Is Out / Debate: The Nigeria Government Should Lower The Voting Age / How Archimedes Principle Was Discovered Accidentally In The Bathroom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.