Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! (2617 Views)

Check Out This Crazy Job Offer! / The Best Way To Apply For Jobs Online! / Unusual Ways To Land A Job Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! by busybenson: 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2014
Guys! Forget about waiting for job adverts online or in newspapers – and forget about sending CVs to external recruiters! Those things hardly ever work. Isn't that why many people are still unemployed? Wake up!!!

If you are waiting for job opportunities or vacancies to come to you, you may never get a good job. You have to take charge, be bold, think differently and go get the job yourself!! Because you don’t see any advert does not mean the company isn't hiring. You have to find a way to get inside and convince them to hire you! So stop wasting time!!!

Here's an unusual way to to apply for jobs that actually works.

Let's say you want to work in MTN as a Customer Service Personnel. All you really have to do to get noticed by your employer is:

1. Find the person who is directly in charge of hiring within MTN - not outside MTN. He/She is the one who determines whether you're called for an interview or not.

2. Get that person’s name and direct official email address. With your phone and internet, you can find almost anything because until your application gets to this person's mail. You are out!

3. Create a catchy and compelling CV that “forces” them to call you. Most normal or modern CVs are boring as hell and trashed in less than 3 secs without being read!

4. Build a professional LinkedIn profile where they can find you. Don't you know that employers research you if they get your application? If you don't have a superb LinkedIn profile, you are gone!

5. Then send them the hiring manager a direct message even from your room! It’s that easy!!

No need to go through dishonest external recruiters. You can apply directly to the Hiring Manager and if you say the right things, you’ll get called for an interview before the job is ever advertised. This is real.

To learn more about how you can do this and get hired quickly, visit: www.transtudentworld.com/jobhelp

All the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
So short and precise. God bless you for this
Re: See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! by ashson: 3:41am On Aug 24, 2014
In Another words, just ask him to tell you how much you can pay him to get you hired #NigeriaWise
Re: See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! by chimeluiz: 1:50pm On Aug 24, 2014
busybenson:

3. Create a catchy and compelling CV that “forces” them to call you. Most normal or modern CVs are boring as hell and trashed in less than 3 secs without being read!

Please how do I make my CV "compelling and catchy"
I am into ICT, do you have any format or template for a CV in such field

Thanks
Re: See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! by busybenson: 5:40pm On Aug 24, 2014
chimeluiz:

Please how do I make my CV "compelling and catchy"
I am into ICT, do you have any format or template for a CV in such field

A number of things go into making a CV compelling and catchy:

Firstly, when it comes to the appearance, the most important thing is for it to be "distinct" from others. Bearing in mind that the employer would have seen many other "similar" cv templates (because nowadays, everybody just copies the same CV templates). So if an employer has rejected a CV template and yours arrives using the same template, you will be rejected too - without it being read! (Trust me, I've worked closely with several HR Managers). So for it to even be read at all, it as to be distinct and it has to look inviting. 93% of CVs are boring! I have seen MANY, and NONE was inviting enough to make me read it. I just deleted it.

You should know that your CV is the FIRST and maybe the ONLY way the employer will meet you. If your CV looks dull, they see YOU as dull. if it looks ordinary, they see you as ORDINARY. If it is not done excellently, they YOU are not excellent. And if they are mistakes, then YOU are not a meticulous person.

P.S: I'm writing this for everyone to see, not just chimeluiz. Because I am tired of seeing people cry about unemployment when I travel around the country, working with several companies and I see jobs everywhere I go, but people do not want to invest enough time, energy and money to prepare and present themselves the right way. YOUR CV IS A SUMMARY OF YOUR LIFE. INVEST TIME TO HAVE A GREAT ONE!

Secondly, the content. Don't tell them your "duties", "responsibilities" and "activities" in your previous engagements. NO BODY CARES!!
Tell them the[b] RESULTS[/b] of those duties the DISCIPLINES or SACRIFICES that went into them, the ACCOMPLISHMENTS or ACHIEVEMENTS gotten afterward. That's what matters! Especially if it is explained in MONETARY TERMS.

For instance, most people say things on their CV like, "Repaired damaged printer". THAT IS DUUUUUULL! INFACT, VERY VERY DULL. Why? Employers don't care about that. What they want to know is how much more money can I make by hiring you! [/i]Think like an employer!

Instead of that, you can say, "I saved N170,000 for my company by working 2-hours extra for 4 days to repair our damaged printer" NOW YOU ARE TALKING! You see the difference?

Which employer on earth can ignore someone who did that? That's compelling! THEY WILL CALL YOU, IF YOU WRITE YOUR CVS LIKE THIS. EVEN IF THERE IS NO ADVERT. (aka. WHO NO LIKE BETTER THING?)

Listen to this: [/b]EMPLOYERS NEED PEOPLE THAT CAN HELP THEM MAKE MORE MONEY OR SAVE MORE MONEY - NOT SOMEONE TO PAY SALARY.

This is just a simple tip. They are so many more. I have written an ebook to show you everything you need to know from finding the direct email address of employers, to crafting compelling CVs that "forces" employers to call you, to creating a professional LinkedIn page and to contacting employers directly. And of course it is not free. It sells for N2,000.

No matter what people tell you my dear jobseekers, this is the real truth: [b][i]Whatever you will not personally spend your time and money on is not important to you.
If you are not willing to invest just N2,000 (which you spend weekly on recharge cards) to buy ONE ebook that will put you before any employer, then you are joking - seriously joking. Getting a job is not yet important to you. Continue waiting.

For those who might be serious. Visit www.transtudentworld.com/jobhelp/ebook-order to see how you can get a copy, and start earning a salary from the company you want. It's not compulsory. Only for those who are serious.

Last two weeks, a CORPER bought a copy, read it, re-created her CV (I decided to personally help her with it because I saw her determination), built a professional LinkedIn page, found the direct email address of the HR Manager at KPMG, and sent a DIRECT message to them. She has done the test privately last week (she was the only one invited for it) and has been asked to come for an interview.

Question: Was there any advert? No. Did she know anyone in KPMG? No. Did she have to invest some time, energy and money? Yes.

The choice is yours. Remain unemployed or get the ebook: www.transtudentworld.com/jobhelp/ebook-order

All the best.
PS: I will not be replying any comments here anymore. So don't bother asking me questions. Everything has been answered in the ebook. I would be glad answer question you may have after you have read it. Thanks for understanding.

1 Like

Re: See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! by cigie(m): 11:22am On Aug 25, 2014
Nice one busybenson.
Re: See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! by CBNIM: 1:59pm On Aug 25, 2014
Op, so U have the ability and connection to get one a job in KPMG n U are still here hustling 2k eBook abi? funny Nigerians!

Great tips btw!

4 Likes

Re: See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! by MacMaster01(m): 1:55am On Sep 01, 2014
busybenson:

A number of things go into making a CV compelling and catchy:

Firstly, when it comes to the appearance, the most important thing is for it to be "distinct" from others. Bearing in mind that the employer would have seen many other "similar" cv templates (because nowadays, everybody just copies the same CV templates). So if an employer has rejected a CV template and yours arrives using the same template, you will be rejected too - without it being read! (Trust me, I've worked closely with several HR Managers). So for it to even be read at all, it as to be distinct and it has to look inviting. 93% of CVs are boring! I have seen MANY, and NONE was inviting enough to make me read it. I just deleted it.

You should know that your CV is the FIRST and maybe the ONLY way the employer will meet you. If your CV looks dull, they see YOU as dull. if it looks ordinary, they see you as ORDINARY. If it is not done excellently, they YOU are not excellent. And if they are mistakes, then YOU are not a meticulous person.

P.S: I'm writing this for everyone to see, not just chimeluiz. Because I am tired of seeing people cry about unemployment when I travel around the country, working with several companies and I see jobs everywhere I go, but people do not want to invest enough time, energy and money to prepare and present themselves the right way. YOUR CV IS A SUMMARY OF YOUR LIFE. INVEST TIME TO HAVE A GREAT ONE!

Secondly, the content. Don't tell them your "duties", "responsibilities" and "activities" in your previous engagements. NO BODY CARES!!
Tell them the[b] RESULTS[/b] of those duties the DISCIPLINES or SACRIFICES that went into them, the ACCOMPLISHMENTS or ACHIEVEMENTS gotten afterward. That's what matters! Especially if it is explained in MONETARY TERMS.

For instance, most people say things on their CV like, "Repaired damaged printer". THAT IS DUUUUUULL! INFACT, VERY VERY DULL. Why? Employers don't care about that. What they want to know is how much more money can I make by hiring you! [/i]Think like an employer!

Instead of that, you can say, "I saved N170,000 for my company by working 2-hours extra for 4 days to repair our damaged printer" NOW YOU ARE TALKING! You see the difference?

Which employer on earth can ignore someone who did that? That's compelling! THEY WILL CALL YOU, IF YOU WRITE YOUR CVS LIKE THIS. EVEN IF THERE IS NO ADVERT. (aka. WHO NO LIKE BETTER THING?)

Listen to this: [/b]EMPLOYERS NEED PEOPLE THAT CAN HELP THEM MAKE MORE MONEY OR SAVE MORE MONEY - NOT SOMEONE TO PAY SALARY.

This is just a simple tip. They are so many more. I have written an ebook to show you everything you need to know from finding the direct email address of employers, to crafting compelling CVs that "forces" employers to call you, to creating a professional LinkedIn page and to contacting employers directly. And of course it is not free. It sells for N2,000.

No matter what people tell you my dear jobseekers, this is the real truth: [b][i]Whatever you will not personally spend your time and money on is not important to you.
If you are not willing to invest just N2,000 (which you spend weekly on recharge cards) to buy ONE ebook that will put you before any employer, then you are joking - seriously joking. Getting a job is not yet important to you. Continue waiting.

For those who might be serious. Visit www.transtudentworld.com/jobhelp/ebook-order to see how you can get a copy, and start earning a salary from the company you want. It's not compulsory. Only for those who are serious.

Last two weeks, a CORPER bought a copy, read it, re-created her CV (I decided to personally help her with it because I saw her determination), built a professional LinkedIn page, found the direct email address of the HR Manager at KPMG, and sent a DIRECT message to them. She has done the test privately last week (she was the only one invited for it) and has been asked to come for an interview.

Question: Was there any advert? No. Did she know anyone in KPMG? No. Did she have to invest some time, energy and money? Yes.

The choice is yours. Remain unemployed or get the ebook: www.transtudentworld.com/jobhelp/ebook-order

All the best.
PS: I will not be replying any comments here anymore. So don't bother asking me questions. Everything has been answered in the ebook. I would be glad answer question you may have after you have read it. Thanks for understanding.

liar and ur still here looking for money from e book sales when u can connect someone to kpmg's HR's mail, if i was in primary one and u told me this story i'll prefer to believe cartoon stories. grin grin grin
Re: See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 01, 2014
CBNIM: Op, so U have the ability and connection to get one a job in KPMG n U are still here hustling 2k eBook abi? funny Nigerians!

Great tips btw!

He said he has the Ability, Not the Connection!
Funny Nigerians tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: See This Crazy, Unusual Way To Apply For Jobs That Actually Works!!! by Nobody: 2:40am On Sep 01, 2014
MacMaster01:

liar and ur still here looking for money from e book sales when u can connect someone to kpmg's HR's mail, if i was in primary one and u told me this story i'll prefer to believe cartoon stories. grin grin grin

Don't display your ignorance on a public forum undecided undecided
Here and NOW, i can give you the HR mail of the fortune 500 companies of the world(i may have exaggerated a lil grin). That said, the power of the Internet is bigger than you think.... i'll advice you sit, listen and learn from the OP.
You don't need pay for the ebook if you consider it a luxury. just SIT, [/s]LISTEN[s] READ, and Learn grin grin

Tank yu

(1) (Reply)

Junior Sales Executive At Ascentech Services Ltd / I Need A Job Badly I Have National Diploma In Account Any Organization Please / I Need A Staff Urgently -abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.