Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) (736 Views)

10 Things To Note If You Want To Make First Class In The University / Beautifying Your Space On A Low Budget / Police Arrest Boy Who Killed His Father At RCCG Camp Over Prayer Points (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) by missEmjay(f): 7:16pm On Aug 23, 2014
There's more to decorating a room/space than just filling it up with pretty stuffs. Here are some important points to note before you start decorating:

1) DON'T PAINT FIRST: Paints come in a looot of colours. Choose your fabric, furniture, and carpet first. It is much more easier finding a paint colour that will fit in with that green sofa you wanna buy than finding the perfect settee that'll fit that bold pattern you just did on the wall

2) DESIGN YOUR ROOM TO FIT YOUR PERSONALITY: If you love bold, go for bold and if you prefer something more subtle then go for it. Go with a design/style that fits and expresses your personality. Don't let anyone impose a design style on you, afterall, its your space

3) UNDERSTAND THE PSYCHOLOGY OF COLOUR: Don't think you can create a relaxing sanctuary in a room with red walls. Blue is calming, red is playful and bold, brown is warm, you feel me? Select a colour scheme to create the atmosphere you want in a room.

4) HAVE A FOCAL POINT: It is not a must but FOCAL points add interest and a touch of Wow to a room. The FOCAL point could be a beautiful large artwork or an accent wall(a wall different from the others in a room).

5)CONSULT ME: Or any other interior designer or decorator. Having an expert's point of view goes a long way in creating a beautiful room. You don't neccessarily have to hand out the whole Project to an expert, but a piece of advice, a little consultation will set you on the right track.
Don't just paint the walls, add furnitures. Your space could come alive if you let it. Feel free to ask your questions.
Source: mybrain@work.com
Re: Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
interesting. i've always loved interior design projects. thumbs up op. keep up the good work
Re: Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) by missEmjay(f): 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2014
thanks worldchamp (blushing)and welcome onboard. you can drop your questions here
Re: Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
okay. i sure wil wen i hv questions
Re: Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) by missEmjay(f): 1:19pm On Aug 24, 2014
happy Sunday guys
Re: Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) by missEmjay(f): 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2014
still open for your questions. Would love to answer them. Don't forget a consultation goes a long way
Re: Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) by BOMANY: 8:22am On Sep 02, 2014
hi

nice advice. R u a designer, i mean a pro or just hobby
Re: Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) by missEmjay(f): 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2014
BOMANY: hi

nice advice. R u a designer, i mean a pro or just hobby

Hey, I work with a pro designer
Re: Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) by Youngsage: 2:56am On Sep 04, 2014
Mind showing us some pics?
Re: Points To Note When Decorating Your Space(i) by BIL2010: 12:09am On May 11, 2016
missEmjay:
still open for your questions. Would love to answer them. Don't forget a consultation goes a long way
hello, great posts.. We need interior designer to consult on our project. Please get In Touch.

(1) (Reply)

300 Boko Haram Fighters Surrender In Cameroun. / Seven Types Of People You Meet In A Bank / Zuriel Oduwole Re-signed By Ethiopian Airlines As Global Brand Ambassador (PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.