Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,452 members, 7,846,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 06:29 AM

Atiku Denies Adamawa Governorship Ambition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Denies Adamawa Governorship Ambition (883 Views)

Adamawa Governorship Election: Ribadu Gets Support From Christian Group / Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / ADAMAWA GOVERNORSHIP : PDP Woos Ribadu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Denies Adamawa Governorship Ambition by isi4(m): 1:44am On Aug 24, 2014
Former Vice-President and All Progressives Congress chieftain, Atiku Abubakar, has denied the rumour going round in Adamawa State that he intends to contest in the governorship by-election in the state.

The election, which will hold on October 11, is expected to be a two-horse race between the APC and the Peoples Democratic Party.

Among the people gunning for the governorship seat are the former Deputy Governor of the state, Bala Ngilari, the former military Governor of Lagos State, Col Buba Marwa (retd) and the ex-Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crime Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, who recently defected from the APC to the PDP.

Concerning the rumour, Atiku on Saturday posted on his Facebook page, “I just read this rumour that I am running for governor of Adamawa State. This is not true.”

According to him, contesting again as the governor of the state will mean taking a step backward.

“I was elected governor of Adamawa State 15 years ago, but was elevated to the position of vice president. I believe we must always look forward, not backwards.

“I will never back away from supporting the development of my home state, as I have always done, both as a businessman and a statesman,” Atiku said.

The APC chieftain also expressed his sadness over the inability of President Goodluck Jonathan’s government to rescue the more than 200 Chibok schoolgirls being held hostage by Boko Haram.

http://www.punchng.com/news/atiku-denies-adamawa-governorship-ambition/

Re: Atiku Denies Adamawa Governorship Ambition by Dreal1247: 1:52am On Aug 24, 2014
What have you done as a former vp and a northernes to rescue them? Politics of blaming Gej.
Re: Atiku Denies Adamawa Governorship Ambition by Nobody: 6:21am On Aug 24, 2014
cheesy grin cheesy On a second thought, I think it will be in the best interest of Atiku to contest for Adamawa Governorship cos I understand that his resources are going down everyday. But, what if he loses? The PDP might throw everything into the election to give him final humiliation.
Re: Atiku Denies Adamawa Governorship Ambition by Osyfellaini(f): 4:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Aso Rock is where we want you Baba Turaki, To help fight unemployment, Insecurity, Educational decay in the country and other crisis our great nation is facing now.
Those spreading the news of you having governorship ambition in your home state of Adamawa are mischievous makers peddling rumours to distract you from all your programmes both for your state and Nigeria as a whole. I will beg you pay them no attention and carry on with your developmental projects as a statesman that you are.
Long live Atiku Abubakar!
Long live Adamawa State!!
Long live our country Nigeria!!!
APC IS THE PARTY FOR ADAMAWA STATE AND NIGERIA..

(1) (Reply)

Q & A : What Happens If Scotland Leaves The Union ? / The Quest For A New World Caliphate -- Femi Fani Kayode / Sen. President David Mark Declares To Run For Senate For The Fifth time In A Row

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.