Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Grafted Avocado In Photo - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Grafted Avocado In Photo (1874 Views)

Natural Benefits Of AVOCADO PEAR / Grafted Soursop, Avocado And Mango (pic) / My Grafted Mangoes Begin To Take (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 24, 2014
This is the pix of a grafted avocado ...enjoy

Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
Fellow Nairaland Agriprenues can you call your mind back then in 2014 when I hit this page to showcase my handiwork and drip irrigation? Get set to see a timeline of this avocado as it grows in my parent tree plot and nursery .
Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
During a display on the 1/03/2015

Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 5:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
Transplanted in February 2015

Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
The ago on the 17th of January 2017

Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
Today
Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
The tree as at 9/9/17

Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 6:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
Now you can come with all your questions on dwarf fruit trees and grafting and other propagation methods.

N/B : the production date is estimated from DAT, (Days After Transplanting) and not when you planted the rootstock or when the grafting was done.
Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
When will you plant a fruit tree ? The type that will take little space and fruit at few years DAT. We are here to serve you.
www.splashagro.
Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
we are on to greater things. Order for your mango today
Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
In you plantain boundary plant some grafted fruit trees.
Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 27, 2019
In January 2019, I girded some selected branches of the Avocado to practice new things I learnt in pomology. I was taught that girding will make a branch to produce off_season.
The idea behind this belief is that all nutrients on the upper part of the branch cannot return to the root region again thereby making the branch to burst into flowers.
I have confirmed it to be true.
Warning: do not girding the tree trunk else it will die

1 Like

Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 27, 2019
Finally, I can confirm that all grafted avocados don't start production same time some start by 2 years, while some could start by 3 but mine started at 4year,6 months after transplanting.
Re: Grafted Avocado In Photo by Nobody: 3:30pm On Feb 27, 2019
Again if you are a nurseryman please graft your avocado between the 5th week and the 10th week. Reason being that the food in the seed is still available for the seedling ,but if you allow the seedling to exhaust the nutrients in the seed while in the seed bag your rate of success will be very low.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A 112 Hecter Of Farm Land For Sale @km87 Kaduna/abuja Express Road LAND SOLD / Effective Ways Of Staking And Trellising Your Climbing Veggies / Original Palm Kernel Oil In Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.